Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
For December, I, Electric Hobo, oath 4 Ram Clan warriors and a wraith. From CMoN and Northstar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
December oath! 4 Knights of Santiago, an engineer, a doctor, 2 Palbots, and 2 Armbots.
All Corvus Belli

I did so much red last month, but I'll find something for the theme later... :negative:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Feels like we haven't had any judges rulings in ages...

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Weirdo posted:

On my plate this month - I Weirdo Oath five Mantic minis - 2 Dreadball marauders, 2 Stormrage Veterans, and one Dungeon Saga Hellhound, all 28mm.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath for December this unit of Dawnguard Sentinels - twelve 30mm models from Privateer Press

Galaspar posted:

For December I, Galaspar, oath one Space Marine, one Genestealer and one Chaos Renegade (GW, 28mm)

It's variety month! Here's hoping they have a painting table free in GW Liverpool, because I'm going away for Christmas and several days besides.

Electric Hobo posted:

For December, I, Electric Hobo, oath 4 Ram Clan warriors and a wraith. From CMoN and Northstar.

Red Shoe posted:

December oath! 4 Knights of Santiago, an engineer, a doctor, 2 Palbots, and 2 Armbots.
All Corvus Belli

I did so much red last month, but I'll find something for the theme later... :negative:

Approved!

Uroboros posted:

Feels like we haven't had any judges rulings in ages...

We haven't. I can try chasing them again but I don't know how much attention they pay to PMs :(

Germ
May 7, 2013

:ducksiren: May Judgement :ducksiren:

Well, so it turns out that I may be the worst, most tardy judge of all Oath Threadom. Apologies for that! With that said, it’s judgement time!

Third Place (1 Point) Lazy Angel : I’m really wishing for some more angles (and better lit photos) of this, as I have a suspicion that the painting is pretty incredible. From what I can see, it’s a dwarf riding on the back of an armoured war-sparrow, which I like to imagine is a hatchling Roc. The subject is delightful, and the painting is top-notch. In my book, that’s worth a point!

Second Place (2 Points) Nesbit37 – So, I was going to give it to you on the basis of the ship with the glowing death ray, then I kept going and kept seeing more. Then I saw the … cotton candy beholder? I don’t know what that is. But whatever it is, it compels me to reward you with points. The orange and blue on the ships makes for a great contrast, particularly with that well-blended orange. Using brown as the base coat to set it off makes it pop even more. Glowing blue stuff? Even better. Excellent color choice and great execution. Also, that … thing.

First Place (3 Points) – Red Shoe – Holy poo poo, man… are you getting … better? Is that possible? I mean, seriously, how much better can you get? Aren’t you going to hit some point where you start breaking some of the laws of thermodynamics? Smooth-as-silk blending. Gorgeous color choice. An attention to detail that made me select a brown loving pouch as something worth highlighting. Well done!

Bonus Point (1 Point) Moths – I was really digging the old-skool Dark Elves, and then I saw those harpies. You tickled my nostalgia button while putting out a big chunk of well-painted minis. I love that you kept things cartoony (as befits that era of GW) while letting your color palette go dark and gloomy. Well done!

Germ
May 7, 2013

:vomarine: June Judgement :vomarine:

Third Place (1 Point) Galaga Galaxian – A nice, simple color scheme, well-executed is a big part of what makes a cohesive team/gang/army. You’ve pulled that off well here, with solid techniqye that highlights, but doesn’t overpower the models. I particularly like the shading and highlighting on this fellow’s face. Shades of Kevin Dallimore.

Second Place (2 Points) – Bucnasti – I’m loving the paint on that treeman. That’s a lot of color in what could be an otherwise dull model. I’m particulalrly fond of the green you worked into the stone of the base. The eyes of that otherwise well-painted monk almost did you in (gods, but the things he has seen!) but the eyes of the treeman make up for it by far.

First Place (3 Points) - TheFinalTuba – Hey goon, nice cock. Your color selection and execution perfectly captures the fun and unpredictability of the Gremlins. Bold color choices and a sense of humor that shows off the models. That’s some drat fine brushwork. Seriously, though… I really like all of your cocks.

Bonus Point (1 Point) – Master Slowpoke – The photos aren’t all the best, but I’m really liking this assassin. You worked the proper amount of blue into the highlights on the black, but mostly I just love all of the contrasting metals. The silver and brass are varied, and add a lot of visual interest to what could be an otherwise dull model. Plus, you nailed the levels of the green liquid in the vials.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I, chutche2, oath Malekus, Repenter, Devout, Castigator, and Mad Dog/Rager/Berserker magnetized kit, Privateer Press Warmachine.

The devout is going to be a rescue.

I really need to get my dwarf bloodbowl team painted up, I'll see if I have time after doing these.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 6, 2016

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

December Oath!

Neema Satar from Infinity, Dog-Mascot from Guildball, and four Reaper models (Gorilla, kid, Wuxia, and hammerman)

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Germ posted:

First Place (3 Points) – Red Shoe – Holy poo poo, man… are you getting … better? Is that possible? I mean, seriously, how much better can you get? Aren’t you going to hit some point where you start breaking some of the laws of thermodynamics? Smooth-as-silk blending. Gorgeous color choice. An attention to detail that made me select a brown loving pouch as something worth highlighting. Well done!
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/B0RL91D.jpg[/ttimg

He's definitely getting better. Putting out some amazing stuff, Red Shoe!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I'll do the approvals later, but some Judging updates - still no feedback from Monoliths, however Slimnoid is stepping down as judge for this season. If anyone wants to step forward as a new judge, let me know.

I think normally the judge would have to not be an oather but it's late in the season so I think we'll let that slip on the proviso you don't award yourself points.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I, Foolster41 Oath these reaper figures: Private Eye, Esken, modern Rogue, El Diablo, Bird sword-man, Candy the Anime Sniper and modern weapons pack 3. All for a game I'm designing.

A less blurry shot without the timestamp:

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 6, 2016

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
First time I've done this in years but here we go!

Dr Phildo will paint 2 Emperor's Guards from Final Fantasy's Imperial Assault, 3 Skeleton Dudes from Monolith's Conan game, and one Train Conductor from Lemax "Yuletide Express."

Please let me know if image is too big or whatever. I'm iPad posting and have no real idea

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Would it be an issue if I have pre painted bases?

There's two models that I intend to paint at some point, I painted up bases for them and used their footprints to determine where to put sand on the base, because I had just gotten new resin bases I wanted to try.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

Dr. Phildo posted:

Dr Phildo will paint 2 Emperor's Guards from Final Fantasy's Imperial Assault, 3 Skeleton Dudes from Monolith's Conan game, and one Train Conductor from Lemax "Yuletide Express."

Please let me know if image is too big or whatever. I'm iPad posting and have no real idea

Final Fantasy makes the best minis ;)

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Yes they do.
Y'all think I'm gonna change that I'm not

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

chutche2 posted:

I, chutche2, oath Malekus, Repenter, Devout, Castigator, and Mad Dog/Rager/Berserker magnetized kit, Privateer Press Warmachine.

The devout is going to be a rescue.

I really need to get my dwarf bloodbowl team painted up, I'll see if I have time after doing these.

Signal posted:

December Oath!

Neema Satar from Infinity, Dog-Mascot from Guildball, and four Reaper models (Gorilla, kid, Wuxia, and hammerman)

Foolster41 posted:

I, Foolster41 Oath these reaper figures: Private Eye, Esken, modern Rogue, El Diablo, Bird sword-man, Candy the Anime Sniper and modern weapons pack 3. All for a game I'm designing.

A less blurry shot without the timestamp:

Dr. Phildo posted:

Approved!

chutche2 posted:

Would it be an issue if I have pre painted bases?

There's two models that I intend to paint at some point, I painted up bases for them and used their footprints to determine where to put sand on the base, because I had just gotten new resin bases I wanted to try.

No problem with prepainted bases, they're not officially part of the oath unless you explicitly state them as such.

I've had one kindhearted goon step up and volunteer as judge, anyone else? I'll try get it sorted out by the weekend. No word from Monoliths yet so I suspect they've dropped too, so if anyone else would be up for judging there's likely room for you.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I can do it. Not oathing this season, but no pm's. Sansvoir at gmail.com

Germ
May 7, 2013

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Yea! Join me I need raining (belated) firey judgement onto the heads of unsuspecting goons!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Thanks for the compliments, Gareth and Germ!

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"

Oath Complete! (Not bothering with timestamp since it wasn't within 24 hours)

I actually glued the wrestle-man's hands on backwards (mixed right and left), then they fell off and I realized my mistake. :P

The gunshoe is based on Perro from Metropolis, and the sniper is based on Yoko from Gurren Lagen (going along with my Winry Rockbell inspired support).

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:siren: NOVEMBER PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: CHANCE II!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: WDARKK!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: FLIPSWITCH!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, the Gallery for July is now up, sorry about the delay! Have a quick look to make sure there are no egregious errors, but bear in mind pictures will only be included int he gallery if they have your name on them! I have done my best to filter out oathing shots and WIPs etc.

Also Imgur is being a pain and still has a bug where images don't upload in the order I choose, and the 'sort album' features are still missing so the pictures are in a semi random order due to the upload batches :( - I'll try remember this for future months and upload batches by goon instead of just grabbing chunks of files.

https://imgur.com/a/3Y1NM

I hope to get August and September at least done this weekend too.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Imgur has been freezing lately too, where it just sits there at a nearly full upload bar, long after the images have been successfully uploaded.

The mobile app also blows, it defaults to every image upload being a public post, which is sent to the top of the usersub newest page - not the place you want every image to go, as some have been discovering to their misfortune.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

Galaspar posted:

For December I, Galaspar, oath one Space Marine, one Genestealer and one Chaos Renegade (GW, 28mm)

It's variety month! Here's hoping they have a painting table free in GW Liverpool, because I'm going away for Christmas and several days besides.

Oath Addition

For December I oath one additional Space Marine (GW, 28mm)

Hope I've done that right, haven't done an oath addition before. He needs painting ASAP for Kill Team, so might as will chuck him in.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For December, I, LazyAngel, oath some Scourge for Dropfleet Commander.
That's 12 frigates, 4 cruisers and a battlecruiser.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

For December, I Ashcans oath 1 28mm Reaper Balthon, Overlords Cleric

In any case there is doubt, the multiple colors are because I primed him and tacked him to a chunk of cork so he would stay up for the picture.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Galaspar posted:

Oath Addition

For December I oath one additional Space Marine (GW, 28mm)

Hope I've done that right, haven't done an oath addition before. He needs painting ASAP for Kill Team, so might as will chuck him in.

LazyAngel posted:

For December, I, LazyAngel, oath some Scourge for Dropfleet Commander.
That's 12 frigates, 4 cruisers and a battlecruiser.

Ashcans posted:

For December, I Ashcans oath 1 28mm Reaper Balthon, Overlords Cleric

In any case there is doubt, the multiple colors are because I primed him and tacked him to a chunk of cork so he would stay up for the picture.

Approved!

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Awesome, welcome onboard! Many thanks to yourself and Cat Face Joe for volunteering as our new Judges! You have both been installed in the spreadsheet and I've sent a message to krushgroove to let him know (in case he ever comes back).

The current galleries are up at https://saoathgalleries.imgur.com/ if you'd like to get acquainted with Judging, let me know if you need anything but it should all be under Judge's Decisions in this post - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261#post459374977

I'll likely be working on the next gallery shortly but don't feel you have to judge them all in one go.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Back from my work trip. Woo. Time to start oathing some more stuff. Got myself a light box and a shiny camera to start playing with so I'll start submitting some nice pics too. :)

For the Grab bag prize. Do I email kush? He's fairly MIA or should I msg you Zark?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Zark the Damned posted:

Awesome, welcome onboard! Many thanks to yourself and Cat Face Joe for volunteering as our new Judges!

Hm, should be easy enough.

:negative:

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I, JackMack, oath one Helldorado Retarius, one Scotia Grendel Sumatori, one Scotia Grendel Hercules biomech, one Brute by mad puppets and one dreadnought by GW. With thanks to Zark the Damned who generously donated the dreadnought (as one of a group of four) as part of a trade.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Mid month so soon? Best crack on!

I Ugleb hereby oath:

One Launch assets pack for Dropfleet Commander, by Hawk Wargames.

One market stall set (5 stalls, two tables and 9 market goods thingies), 35mm scale by TTCombat.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

OK, let's get started. PM me if you want to fight but be warned I am extremely powerful.

:orks101: May Judgement :orks101:

Third Place (1 Point) Jadebullet: - This thing is nuts and huge. I wish I could see it in person cause I feel like photos can't do it justice.

Second Place (2 Points): Lazy Angel – I love this guy. I watched the whole build process looking forward to the result and I'm not disappointed. I really like the markings on the feathers and the armor has great depth.

First Place (3 Points): Lethemonster– I physically recoiled at the thought of painting something like this. Good black is a enough of a pain on its own but having to keep it off of bright green recesses is something I don't want to think about doing. Great job.

Bonus Point (1 Point): Jadebullet – This guy again because he owns these ruins, they're his, go away get out

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
One way or another I'm oathing some Dropfleet stuff next week. Fingers crossed.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

:orks101: June Judgement :orks101:

Third Place (1 Point) SRM - The color and style unity on these guys is great. It's not on the same place on all of the (ie like a design on the back or cape) and that only serves to improve them.

Second Place (2 Points): Vermintide – I really like the color choices for all of these and the depth on the cloth is really nice and compliments each model very well. The depth of shading really helps the features stand out.

First Place (3 Points): bucnasti – This is a really great paint job and the variety of colors squeezed in is super impressive. It really looks like an old log responding to the call of the druid.

Bonus Point (1 Point): Ashcans – Everyone relaxes in their own way and even if this guy is ready to riot he's never felt better.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JackMack posted:

I, JackMack, oath one Helldorado Retarius, one Scotia Grendel Sumatori, one Scotia Grendel Hercules biomech, one Brute by mad puppets and one dreadnought by GW. With thanks to Zark the Damned who generously donated the dreadnought (as one of a group of four) as part of a trade.

Ugleb posted:

Mid month so soon? Best crack on!

I Ugleb hereby oath:

One Launch assets pack for Dropfleet Commander, by Hawk Wargames.

One market stall set (5 stalls, two tables and 9 market goods thingies), 35mm scale by TTCombat.

Approved!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

:orks101: July Judgement :orks101:

Third Place (1 Point): Ugleb - This was quite the undertaking. The bricks look great. All the lines are super clean. I think some dirt or grime around the edges would improve but it's still extremely nice.

Second Place (2 Points): yeast – This is extremely well done. The balance between the mattes and the metallics is perfect. The base is super clean. This is a catalog tier paint job.

First Place (3 Points): moths – I really really like this. This is a really great piece of terrain and its got a lot of nice details picked out. The individually picked out bricks are eye catching and the plant growth is convincing and realistic.

Bonus Point (1 Point): Nichol – This is exactly what dirty puddles look like around here. Spot on.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Oathing, 5 of the scouts shown in the this picture.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Cat Face Joe posted:

:orks101: July Judgement :orks101:

Third Place (1 Point): Ugleb - This was quite the undertaking. The bricks look great. All the lines are super clean. I think some dirt or grime around the edges would improve but it's still extremely nice.

Cheers! I think I went back to this awhile after the Oath with some model mates, I don't think it changed all that much but I like to think it achieved something. Not gonna lie, tackling that thing was intimidating.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

Second Place (2 Points): Lazy Angel – I love this guy. I watched the whole build process looking forward to the result and I'm not disappointed. I really like the markings on the feathers and the armor has great depth.

Thanks for that! Hardest part was finding a garden ornament which looked realistic enough but was the right size to mount the dwarf on. Turns out finches are a bit small...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

December Oath - One Blackhide Wrastler and one Ironback Spitter

• Locked thread