Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Syncopated posted:

I [22f] am wondering if my boyfriend [26m] is trying to hint that he doesn't want handmade clothes from me anymore.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
My secretary is draconian like that, if we leave the office for a meeting she wants it in our calendars with where, the exact address and the travel time. She times us when we leave anywhere. It's as exactly as I comfortable as you could probably imagine

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Our boss only goes as far as making us send an email to our group when we leave the office to go to a site, but she filters those emails on her own machine so half of us just don't and she is none the wiser.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

*Fraud Analyst races down hallway with broken computer tucked under arm and barges into IT room.* - 45 seconds elapsed.

Analyst: "Oh thank goodness you're here. The fan broke. Can you replace it real quick?" - 1 min elapsed.

Technician: "No problem, got a spare right in the back. Give me a minute".

*Technician rummages through back room, returns with replacement fan in hand* - 2.5 min elapsed

Analyst: "Great. Can you pop it in real quick? I'm kind of in a hurry, I didn't get this cleared..."

*Technician shoots sharp glance at analyst but responds with only a quick grunt before prying open the computer case* - 3 min elapsed

*Analyst begins sweating profusely and paces around the room* - 4 min elapsed

*Technician finishes work and closes case* - 4 min, 30s elapsed

Technician: "All done. Enjoy the rest of your day"

*Analyst quickly scoops up computer case and opens door, is about to step through when the technician pipes up again*

Technician: "Almost forgot, I'll need you to sign for the repair. Bosses' orders." - 4 min, 45 seconds elapsed

*Analyst curses and hurriedly sets down computer before coming to tech desk to sign order.

Analyst: "Are we done here?" - 5 min, 15 seconds elapsed

*Technician sighs as he draws his katana*

Technician: "I'm afraid the only person done here... is you."

I enjoyed this.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Chomp8645 posted:

If someone gets promoted to manager and their first official act is to crack down on BREAK CULTURE that person is a major rear end in a top hat. Ditto for implementing a name and shame policy on anyone whose dying ember of humanity compels them to attempt escape from the existential hell of a non-stop intellectual assembly line.

Sounds like the dude works for a lovely company and his wife just happens to embrace that company culture wholeheartedly.

I've worked as a fraud analyst in the past and can understand that it can be time sensitive as gently caress and a constant stream of people going to or from the smoking area/break room looks bad and unorganised. On the other hand, non-stop intellectual assembly line is a very apt description for that job and the people doing it need time to unwind. I'll go with the manager not being familiar with the specifics/demands of the job.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Comment from the OP

quote:

At the moment, I can't report to another manager or switch departments. There are supposed to be 2 managers in our department. Six months ago one was fired and the other quit (same situation, same day.) They finally got around to promoting my wife for manager a while ago, but they haven't hired another manager for our dept yet.
As far as changing departments, Human Capital has denied that request because "your workplace contributions are currently too valuable at this time to your specific department"

They won't let him transfer from the department in which they promoted his wife to be his manager. They are making him work for his wife with no recourse except to quit. Maybe I'm spoiled, but this place sounds like a nightmare.

e: Also calling their employees "Human Capital" is worse than "Human Resources," which is kind of impressive.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
But he also says he's the most senior employee in the fraud department and everyone looks up to him and respects him

but not enough to get the manager position himself?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

He opted not to apply. I don't blame him. If I had a choice to be promoted to managing my team, I'd pass.

This does make me wonder what the heck his wife was thinking when she applied though. DId they talk about this beforehand at all?

This story is starting to drive me nuts. He left out so many details.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Jeff Sichoe posted:

But he also says he's the most senior employee in the fraud department and everyone looks up to him and respects him

As was pointed out to me, he doesn't want the manager position, which is understandable.

e;fb

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Pvt.Scott posted:

I started smoking while working fast food because of the extra little breaks you could squeeze out. Now I'm trying desperately to quit ten years later. Oops.

same but i was smoking weed and im not trying to quit

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Jeff Sichoe posted:

That he doesn't want and thus didn't apply for? I dunno every office I've worked in has at least one guy who is senior, extremely competent and well-respected, and refuses to be a manager even when begged.

edit: lol yeah this story is fascinating in it's mundanity, it would be worth talking about even without the new manager being his wife. I hope he updates.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
Sorry guys I failed in my basic duty to READ THE drat THREAD

He should undermine her authority at work and submit to pegging at home and see how that works out

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Literally every detail available on that workplace makes it sound unprofessional, horribly mismanaged and ripe for lawsuits. Even if she were the best boss in the world (she's not), how could you ever expect fair treatment if she is married to one of your teammates?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I want to know more about what their home life is like. The title of the thread says they're having issues, but the only issues he described is that he doesn't like her rules. If you took out the stuff about her being his wife, this would be identical to any complaint about any lovely boss.

Is this guy even human? How do you even end up working for your own goddamn wife, who is apparently smoke break mussolini, and all you can say is "respect is earned!"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I work at a place where people not only have spouses that are their supervisors, but they cheat on said supervisor (often with other supervisors). If the supervisor makes any remotely passive aggressive behavior toward their (now ex) spouse the underling goes running to the union to file a grievance for workplace harassment. It's a lot of drama.

Don't eat where you poo poo, people.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Honestly... both the guy and his wife come off like assholes?

It doesn't seem like it's his fault she got put in his department (and then promoted once within it - some early on responses say she should have never been promoted but to be honest I don't think it'd be fair to hold her back if she had the qualifiers/merits to be promoted in that position just because he also happened to be there - it's just she should probably not have been put there in the first place) and at least he tried to get her the job. And her new policies seem pretty draconian/bad, which is a point against her. But would it kill him to support her in the office and then, I dunno, just loving have a chat with her outside of work about these policies? If she doesn't give a poo poo or bucks against it because she's the boss then, welp, but if he hasn't even tried bringing this poo poo up and is just undermining his wife at work then :confused:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Maybe I'm spoiled, but this place sounds like a nightmare.

e: Also calling their employees "Human Capital" is worse than "Human Resources," which is kind of impressive.

the guy did say he worked for a major bank so it's probably the worst sort of corporate dystopia imaginable

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I[27 M] asked my girlfriend of 4 months [24 F] to leave last night. Was I wrong to do so?

quote:

My girlfriend and I were having sex last night and she wouldnt take her eyes off the tv (my fault for leaving it on I guess) which made me feel very unwanted so I stopped. When I broached the subject she laughed and rolled her eyes. I felt hurt and told her as much she would either laugh or ignore me. This is when I asked her to leave. The thing is I was much more upset at her being dismissive than ignoring me during sex. This is how she always handles my emotions, by being dismissive and distant. She left in an angry manner and we've had no contact since. Was I wrong to ask her to leave?

tl:dr - girlfriend ignored me during sex then was distant and dismissive when I brought up how I felt. Am I being overly sensitive?

Update:

quote:

Could it be a cultural thing? She's Latina and I'm white as snow. We're extremely compatible in all other aspects and I find myself falling for her. I just wish should would communicate with me more.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Syncopated posted:

I[27 M] asked my girlfriend of 4 months [24 F] to leave last night. Was I wrong to do so?

This dude must be really bad at sex.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
yeah either that or he was keen as and she wasn't so keen so rather than shooting him down she propped up one leg and cranked oprah while the deed was being done

not a bad deal really

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I dunno, man, maybe the Westworld finale was on.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I dunno, man, maybe the Westworld finale was on.

He's a drat fool he should have been paying attention to the finale while loving her.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

WampaLord posted:

This dude must be really bad at sex.

Further down he says that she's never had an orgasm with a partner and that if he's not done after 10-15 minutes of sex she makes him stop because of soreness so idk maybe he's bad.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
He said he's the one who left the TV on by accident, so it's not like she planned it all out "let's make sure I've got some real entertainment going while this untalented little slug pumps away at me".

But then the way he brought it up to her made him seem insecure and clingy, then telling her she had to leave? gently caress you man, you're the one who left the TV on in the first place and is also a lovely lay. That's pretty much beyond a doubt as if a person is being hosed correctly they won't even realize the TV is on much less be peaking at it over your shoulder.

The correct thing to do would've been (obviously), to go over and turn the TV off, pick the girl up (if possible although I everyone keeps saying to imagine the people in these stories as obese, always. in that case lead her by the hand) and take her into another room, and then really give it all you've got. If you notice her studying the texture of the ceiling or staring out the window with a glazed look in her eyes, then it's not the TV that's the problem it's you :(

From what I have heard from the source, being exactly "average" at sex means that you are probably pretty bad. Most girls are not satisfied by the majority of their sexual encounters, according to my nonscientific polling.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Syncopated posted:

Further down he says that she's never had an orgasm with a partner and that if he's not done after 10-15 minutes of sex she makes him stop because of soreness so idk maybe he's bad.

He needs to go down on her and they need to start using lube.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Syncopated posted:

How can a woman expect a guy to.give her an organ when she can't give herself one?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Well anyway, it's pretty clear that whether it's his fault or not, she doesn't like sex with him and it's not a "sometimes" thing. Kicking her out in grief this time doesn't really make sense.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Bonster posted:

Yokai Watch just kicks you back to the start of the boss battle. She wouldn't lose anything.

Anyway, just tell her that she can't play with your handheld anymore. Why is this a big deal?

When I was a kid I got mad at laura craft tomb raider took it out of the playstation and whipped it at a wall. Then cried cuz I broke my game. Not sure how that applies to this story. Just want people to know.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

WampaLord posted:

He needs to go down on her and they need to start using lube.

She's only let him go south of the border twice and doesn't like it. They use lube. He seems aware that she's not really enjoying sex with him and is trying to change that but she doesn't seem to be making the same effort for herself.

e: the solution to his problems is to put on masters of sex while they're loving.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Bonzo posted:

I suspect most of the stuff in /r/chilldfree is more like thathappened.txt

Anyway...

Boyfriend (22) wants my (25F) in-game items, I said no. Now I am having second thoughts. Did I have a selfish moment? (Maybe other gamer couples can help lol)

loving laffo

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I mean, he also says

quote:

The thing is I was much more upset at her being dismissive than ignoring me during sex. This is how she always handles my emotions, by being dismissive and distant.

Which is a pretty fair reason to be upset

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
just flick her bean for 10 mins and get the loving job done you cretin

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

How difficult can sex be anyway? There's like over 7 billion assholes on this planet and they all had to come from somewhere!

DeadmansReach
Mar 7, 2006
Thinks Jewish converts should be genocided to make room for the "real" Jews.

Put this anti-Semite on ignore immediately!

Danaru posted:

I mean, he also says

Which is a pretty fair reason to be upset

Yeah the dude's not in the wrong at all if this is a regular thing. They should split and find other people that can get them off properly.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Syncopated posted:

She's only let him go south of the border twice and doesn't like it. They use lube. He seems aware that she's not really enjoying sex with him and is trying to change that but she doesn't seem to be making the same effort for herself.

e: the solution to his problems is to put on masters of sex while they're loving.

She needs to masturbate more and figure out what she likes. Or get a Hitachi and just ditch him.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I had a long-term girlfriend who had never in her life had an orgasm, and over the course of two years I never managed to give her one.

Believe me, I tried everything, and with any other girl I have never had any problems whatsoever. It's really unfortunate, but some girls' vaginas simply aren't built to facilitate orgasms and will never have one in any situation. Some girls go off like a slot machine in about two seconds flat. There's much more variation than between guys, because for the sake of evolution it's not absolutely necessary for the woman to have an orgasm.

Luckily, the girl I was referring to still really loved to have sex and initiated constantly. After a while I stopped feeling inadequate because it wasn't productive.

I'm very sensitive to rejection or feelings of inadequacy though (as I imagine a lot of people are). If it doesn't seem like a girl is having a very good time it makes me feel awful. I know some guys are more than happy to pump away until sated then pass out on top of their partners but I can't enjoy things unless I'm absolutely positive that we both are.

It actually sounds like maybe this girl just isn't all that interested in sex, isn't all that attracted to him, or is in fact a lesbian.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yah they're screwed

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

This is why you do doggy while facing the TV fuckin' amateurs.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Play posted:

I had a long-term girlfriend who had never in her life had an orgasm, and over the course of two years I never managed to give her one.

Believe me, I tried everything, and with any other girl I have never had any problems whatsoever. It's really unfortunate, but some girls' vaginas simply aren't built to facilitate orgasms and will never have one in any situation. Some girls go off like a slot machine in about two seconds flat. There's much more variation than between guys, because for the sake of evolution it's not absolutely necessary for the woman to have an orgasm.
I guess some women might be physically incapable of orgasms, but I'm guessing the ones that never cum have never masturbated and feel it is shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Sometimes you're the only one who can do it and sex doesn't provide the right type of stimulation, and/or you can't get in the zone mentally if you're distracted by a partner