Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Got myself a PS4 for christmas for a productive year.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lestallum is sooo cool

This. When i got in to town i thought i took a wrong turn and wound up in tropico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i think the 15 logo is the best looking one yet

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I like IX logo the best.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

NickRoweFillea posted:

Games sucks. I appreciate the unironic video game enjoyment found here in the Imp Zone

Same here gamer

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

elf help book posted:

does amano still do the art for all the logos?

e: answer is yes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The games thread for this game is terrible. They all post like their opinion is really important because they finished a 50 hour game in 3 days and know a lot about anime.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

I really liked the big crystal in the XIII logo

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I really liked the big crystal in the XIII logo

Lol that's why I like 9's logo. It's got a big crystal too

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

the composer also likes 9 the most of all the games hes composed. for me 4 comes 2nd and then 6 after that

that explains why there's two "discs" for 9 you can buy in 15

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
i kinda wish i'd gotten the steelbook with the amano art but not for 30 bucks more

folder
Oct 9, 2016

Foxhound posted:

when's the "getting prompto laid" dlc coming

i like prompto for being very insecure. sadly i got a phone call during his heart-to-heart with noct and had to take it

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I have decided to bump FFXV up to number one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIAp9OOJGdE

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go shopping.

lmao I didnt realize there was an entire questline associated with it

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm a good way through FFXV (about halfway into the main story and must side quests/bounties done) and so fair I only have these two gripes:

1. No bestiary!! It would've been perfect to include one in that little 'archive' section w/ the fishes/dishes. Something that lets me look at the stats, weaknesses, abilities, in game model etc. for all the monsters while I'm on the go would be very convenient.
2. Your party talks way too little during car trips and way too much while you're fishing

Other than that, I love it... it's a serious GOTY contender for me, which I wasn't entirely anticipating. I haven't been hooked on one game this much since MGSV

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I think I'm near the end of the game or something but this section I'm in is insanely bad. I want the open world back.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

2. Your party talks way too little during car trips and way too much while you're fishing

Talk about backseat fishing...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

>mfw catching a giant bass with 1/1500 line durability

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm a good way through FFXV (about halfway into the main story and must side quests/bounties done) and so fair I only have these two gripes:

1. No bestiary!! It would've been perfect to include one in that little 'archive' section w/ the fishes/dishes. Something that lets me look at the stats, weaknesses, abilities, in game model etc. for all the monsters while I'm on the go would be very convenient.

Other than that, I love it... it's a serious GOTY contender for me, which I wasn't entirely anticipating. I haven't been hooked on one game this much since MGSV

you should respool before its too late noct *spool at 1650/2000 durability*

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

The Leviathan fight is so fkn awesome, it's everything FFXIII and its sequels' giant soulless anime spectacles tried to be but weren't

E I kind of wish this game was harder by default, I'm playing it with my sister and we're absolutely dominating it. Maybe it'd be too frustrating if it were harder, I dunno.

epic weed mom fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Dec 6, 2016

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I haven't touched the main quest since opening the second area. I like doing all the stupid crap like chocobo racing and fishing too much.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I swear to god if this guy tells me I'm better with a rod than a sword one more time i'm going to push him out of the car on the next drive

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I haven't touched the main quest since opening the second area. I like doing all the stupid crap like chocobo racing and fishing too much.

Inventing new recipes and cooking them brings me so much joy; also when you compare the game to the utterly dour old trailers it's amazing that they managed to basically unsnare themselves and figure it out

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
so one of the overriding things i've heard from people in the last few days is that XV appears to be like, literally set in the VI world, instead of just having a ton of callbacks to it. c/d, imps?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Dark Weasel posted:

E I kind of wish this game was harder by default, I'm playing it with my sister and we're absolutely dominating it. Maybe it'd be too frustrating if it were harder, I dunno.

I just finished the game today and I felt this way until the endgame when certain bosses just seemed unfair with their damage output being ridiculous and one shotting all your party members who aren't smart enough to dodge like you do. I may have been underleveled but I don't think so. One boss in particular I used several megalixers and mega phoenixes on just to get through it. It could be I'm just bad at the game, though.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
drat, this game gets real

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Still in Chapter 3 doing side stuff. Will probly be there for quite some time.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I envy everyone who hasn't gotten as far as I have, you still have so many baller things to see.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

There is an incredible upgrade awaiting in the postgame. I couldn't believe it when I saw it lol

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Coolguye posted:

so one of the overriding things i've heard from people in the last few days is that XV appears to be like, literally set in the VI world, instead of just having a ton of callbacks to it. c/d, imps?

No evidence. No espers, didn't even occur to me. There is magitek poo poo but it's apparently different in that they're not tanks humans ride in, but automata cobbled together from demon's souls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Theyve gone 30 years keeping all the installments separate so I dont think theyre going to stop now

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

FFXIII, Type-0 and XV take place in the same continuity.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I cant even remember what chapter I'm on because I've been mucking around so much, but it's either 2 or 3.

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011
The games thread for XV, like every games thread is so bad it upsets me. why can't people just enjoy video games without being such boring long posting pedants? I've only just gotten to Chapter 13 today but I am loving the game so far.

Two main quest moments that stood out to me so far but there have been so many good times, the game has problems but they don't even bother me, it's just so fun and the atmosphere is great.

Chapter 3 (?) spoilers Noctis replying Ehhhhh, sighing and moaning the whole time you are on the "date" with Iris

Big Chapter 9/10 spoiler I brought Ignis with me to the mine thinking it was the right thing to do and he'd magically be the same in combat like other game only to have to keep waiting for him while he got lost hobbling around with his cane and the boys kept shouting at me for walking too fast. In combat he asked Prompto where the enemies were and swung his cane at the air, falling over pathetically in the mud while the boys calling me an rear end in a top hat for forcing him to come. Everyone was so awkward having to deal with their blind friend, then you camp at the haven there and everyone is miserable and it's awkward so the only food available is straight out of a tin or the delicious convenient taste of cup noodles.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Fascinating, turdbucket

folder
Oct 9, 2016

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Chapter 3 ftw. So much content...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Coolguye posted:

It's stupid to think this.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

ol yeller posted:

Fascinating, turdbucket

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvaTAgkWy6c&t=15s

FFXV being set in FFVI's world is merely wishful thinking. You learn magic from espers in FFVI, and in FFXV you learn magic from the ground. very different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anything, FXV takes place in a future version of earth because they live in a world where they can buy classic Final Fantasy soundtracks