Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I'm interested in it but I'm not particularly rushing out to buy it. I find the concept less interesting than ICO/SotC.

This is how I feel, though I think the concept means I'm going to feel more ~emotions~ about it than I did in ICO. I'm definitely going to get it at some point but I'm not in any way hyped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ciaphas posted:

it was a trick question i'm always alone

Me too!

...wait

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

An old internet friend of mine did a subcomic on bob and george that he hand-drew most of the sprites for it himself. It was nearly 15 years ago, but I remember it being pretty decent, and I can't remember the guy's name but he had a ferret for an avatar. Don't remember what it was called, but it told a story following the games in order. I remember it being way better than anything else on that site.

yo if you still talk to disgruntledferret tell him I thought his webcomic was good

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I don't give a flip about The Last Guardian. Yeah, I said it.

But if it has a song like the save couch theme from Ico someone should post it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Sorry if I'm a bit late to the sonic music chat but this is the actual real answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5g8XIlVYLI

also this:

Lizard Wizard posted:

For real though Supporting Me.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[extremely smart and good voice] am i the only one not interested in this popular thing people are discussing? just me with no interest in this? anyone?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
It's a good, relaxing track for studying or rainy days or whatever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGwfBvW3YA8

but I'm playing FFXV, and there's this music when you're near a place to camp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTsEztqqJvs

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There is no couch music because the game just autosaves. The soundtrack is pretty amazing though.

I dunno, I loved the teams other two games as in their two of my favorite games so I was still pretty hype. The creature in this is just such a big lovable goof that I'm finding it pretty much impossible not to be loving this so far.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've only played a few missions (and I'm on the beginner baby difficulty) but Invisible Inc seems pretty good

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I've only played a few missions (and I'm on the beginner baby difficulty) but Invisible Inc seems pretty good

Gonna download it when I get home because it seems right up my alley. I've wanted some turn-based tactics stealth for a while and I'm a sucker for anything with even a veneer of cyberpunk.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

*gets in car to go get Last Guardian*

*car won't start*

The curse continues for me.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Pro tip for Invisible Inc: Keep an eye out for weapons and upgrades that have an armor piercing quality. You can develop a great strategy for the first few stages and have it all go to poo poo when some guard with 1 point of armor is an unstoppable juggernaut.

Also: Peek, open, peek. Never not worth it.

Also also: Don't make characters into all-rounders. It's okay to have a bruiser who's computer illiterate. The exception is Speed (or whatever governs movement); it's good on anyone for at least a point or two.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phantasium posted:

*car won't start*

It's not a curse, it's just FFXV. Haven't your bros shown up to help you push the car down the road?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Phantasium posted:

*car won't start*

"AAA keeps telling me that they're on their way, but they've already pushed back their ETA twice and now they won't answer the phone."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Phantasium posted:

*car won't start*

Keep turning the key a few more times, then ignore the car for a few minutes and it'll start itself.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
So who's going to be buying Nintendo's next Amiibo, 'Mostly Featureless White Cube'

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

So who's going to be buying Nintendo's next Amiibo, 'Mostly Featureless White Cube'

portal port confirmed

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Me. Box Boy is amazing and amiibos are real good.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

read it as "Mostly Fearless White Cube"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Am I alone in not being interested in TLG, like, at all

You aren't alone. Game looks meh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux posted:

[extremely smart and good voice] am i the only one not interested in this popular thing people are discussing? just me with no interest in this? anyone?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

hi stux

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Finally, the original Knack also received some flak for its storytelling — Knack’s dialogue in particular. For Knack 2, Sony Japan Studio has brought Marianne Krawczyk, the BAFTA award-winning writer of the God of War series, onboard to write the script.

grimdark knack

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
For some reason, up until about a month ago, I thought TLG was a nintendo exclusive. So I had never paid any attention to it assuming it would never be on a platform I had. So when I realized it was not that at all and that it was on PS4, which is my platform, I didn't have any preexisting hype at all.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stux is the best poster in this thread

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Not being hyped for a big release is fine. There is no law saying that you have to be hyped for a game others are hyped for. Still, just sort of stating that you don't think a game looks interesting doesn't really add much to the conversation and often just comes across as making GBS threads on others enthusiasm

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Buca di Bepis posted:

:yikes:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Buca di Bepis posted:

I don't think even stux actually believes this to be true.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Buca di Bepis posted:

i believe this 100% to be true.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Buca di Bepis posted:

Stux is good because he adds variety to the thread by having lots of wrong opinions backed by furious typing. When he has a good opinion its like thread christmas.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Box Boy owns

Contrast with most overwatch characters!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's wrong with the overwatch characters

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I don't like their designs, or the art style of the game in general

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

glam rock hamhock posted:

Not being hyped for a big release is fine. There is no law saying that you have to be hyped for a game others are hyped for. Still, just sort of stating that you don't think a game looks interesting doesn't really add much to the conversation and often just comes across as making GBS threads on others enthusiasm

Oh yeah. I'm actually happy that I'm not hype. It's extremely my poo poo, but I certainly can't afford another game right now.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The thing I think that is oddly neat about The Last Guardian so far is that, though it's a bit of a simplification, is that you're essentially playing Ico with the roles reversed

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I made the mistake of googling the maker of Fez and now I'm bummed when I look at the title of the game in my library - but I won't let it ruin an otherwise chill game. I'll give it a while and play something else, then return to fun exploratory puzzling.

....Which reminds me!

I think Hyper Light Drifter would have been perfect if the bosses were left out of the game, as they add nothing but tedious stress when I want to be exploring and finding more weird things.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fez is really cool regardless of the creator and I'm sad there is no Fez 2

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Ah yes the new console smell

It's probably just post-manufacturing plastic/PCB solder smell and maybe cancerous but I can't get enough of it

I can still remember when I took my original grey brick Game Boy out of the packaging for the first time when I was a kid... that weird but intoxicating new electronics smell...

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

Fez is really cool regardless of the creator and I'm sad there is no Fez 2

There's a documentary i think called 1up that follows him, the super meat boy guys, and some pretentious french canadian dev. The fez dev was hilariously childish. I recommend watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's called Indie Game: The Movie

• Locked thread