Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
321 020 638

Add me if you want to see my 6* Butz!

Reminder to put something SA related in your comment lest you be branded a pubbie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So is the "grind 200 gears" daily quest required to get the 50 lapis reward for completing all daily quests?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DaveWoo posted:

So is the "grind 200 gears" daily quest required to get the 50 lapis reward for completing all daily quests?

Yes

Luckily it's just two runs of ELT, which works well when there's the Vortex quest

It is straight bullshit though yeah

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Go RV! posted:

Yes

Luckily it's just two runs of ELT, which works well when there's the Vortex quest

It is straight bullshit though yeah

Well, my team isn't strong enough to run the harder dungeons yet, so I guess I'm out of luck.

First time I've seen a game do a special event that resulted in me getting less in-game currency.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Added 30 friendslots so more goons can glory in Professor Powercreeps awesomeness

:getin: 427140992

dewer
Sep 2, 2011

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

How the hell are you supposed to finish the Blazing Assault on Widow's Cape without any deaths? The grenade bosses have too much health and defense to one-turn even rocking a decent team with a really strong friend unit, and as a result their self-destruct deals somewhere between 6k-17k. I have tried whittling them down one by one, but the process of having to get them to like 65% and hope to lower them enough on the second turn to avoid the fatal explosion is too finicky to do reliably. Am I missing something that makes this easier? I've fully cleared everything else out, even leviathan was easier than this one!

A beefy Giglamesh friend one shotted all of them with his AOE move for me.

Vax's Exdeath might be able to dual cast them all down in 1 turn if you hit their weakness.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I've been getting so many Fartz from half price summons in the past week. I already have his trust mastery to 30% so I think I'll focus on putting trust moogles into him as well since his reward is supposed to be good.

rio fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 6, 2016

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

dewer posted:

A beefy Giglamesh friend one shotted all of them with his AOE move for me.

Vax's Exdeath might be able to dual cast them all down in 1 turn if you hit their weakness.

I just tested this: Threw Vax's Exdeath at it with a dual casted Meteor and a Focus. The first meteor did ~60-70%, the second finish it. Obviously can't get all of the challenges in one go due to No Magic but it'll get the No KO easily.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

rio posted:

I've been getting so many Fartz from half price summons in the past week. I already have his trust mastery to 30% so I think I'll focus on putting trust moogles into him as well since his reward is supposed to be good.

Doublehand is okay, but moogles should really be reserved for either Zidane, Gilgamesh, or Ludmile.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Scrublord Prime posted:

I just tested this: Threw Vax's Exdeath at it with a dual casted Meteor and a Focus. The first meteor did ~60-70%, the second finish it. Obviously can't get all of the challenges in one go due to No Magic but it'll get the No KO easily.

Yeah if you have a decent dualcast Mage yourself you can just double chain Thundaga the first wave. No need to waste that Mana.

:frogsiren: Please make sure to put something goony in your msg otherwise I will decline.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Same, except I'm pretty sure it's the one two punch of this aggressively awful banner/event, and the terrible "no black magic" rule in the arena that just burned me out. I don't even bother doing my dailies now because I just don't care about the event and its awful grind. It's a shame, because I spent some money on the black Friday sale packages, and just finished dual wield for my CoD, but this is the absolute nadir of my giving a poo poo about this game. If they'd released this event a couple weeks earlier I could've saved that money haha

It doesn't help that FF13 is probably the one I care least about, as well

take a break from the game / stop reading posts about it for a while

it helped combat burnout for me

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
If anyone wanted to prepare for the upcoming Trial boss, his abilities (barring any number tweaks):

quote:

Skill 1: AoE 210% Fire & Ice Element, -50% ATK/DEF for three turns
Skill 2: ST 200%, -50% INT/MND for three turns, 30% silence for one turn
Skill 3: ST 230%, 50% paralyze for one turn
Skill 4: Accumulate buff/1 turn
Skill 5: AoE 400%, 100% Blind+Silence
Skill 6: ST 100% Death
Skill 7: AoE -100% ATK/DEF/INT/MND for 999 Turns

* If ability attack used previous turn, use Skill 7.
* If magic attack used on previous turn, and the turn is even, use Skill 6. Repeat 4 times.
* Every 4 turns, use Skill 6.
* 35% Chance to use Skill 3 -> 30% Chance to use Skill 2 -> 20% Chance to use Skill 1. Only one of these can trigger.

Thresholds: <50%/30%/10%. Use Skill 4, then on subsequent turn use Skill 5.

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.

I finally got around to editting my in-game message to have the standard SA alert. My lightning isn't the best, since I am mostly coasting on insane luck, but y'all are welcome to use her anyways: 734296609

I even added ten more friend slots just for you guys.

I actually just pulled CoD today, who will probably be better than Decil until his enhancements come through. I haven't gotten around to farming a barrage to make him useable. But, right now I am working on awakening Refia and Exdeath to 6*. At least with the Lightning bonus kicking in I can farm some gearsssssss

send help

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

I finally got around to editting my in-game message to have the standard SA alert. My lightning isn't the best, since I am mostly coasting on insane luck, but y'all are welcome to use her anyways: 734296609

I even added ten more friend slots just for you guys.

I actually just pulled CoD today, who will probably be better than Decil until his enhancements come through. I haven't gotten around to farming a barrage to make him useable. But, right now I am working on awakening Refia and Exdeath to 6*. At least with the Lightning bonus kicking in I can farm some gearsssssss

send help

Just some suggestions:

Craft some Hero Rings
Craft a Tiger Helm
Craft a Black Belt
Get the Enhancer

That should easily push you over 500 ATK

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Bahahaha jesus christ that was amazing. I spent a week grinding dudes to the point where i JUST BARELY blew up Veritas of the Heavens in windmill town, after dozens of failures.

Then I met him again in the Wind Shrine and blew him apart in a single try while on the toilet.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Mrit SA posted:

Doublehand is okay, but moogles should really be reserved for either Zidane, Gilgamesh, or Ludmile.

I don't have any of them :( ... I am saving my tickets since I was getting nothing great from the FF5 banner (at least I got Faris and Exdeath but I was hoping for a Greg) and Lighting is coming up. Should I save my moogles then and wait until I have something better to blow them on? I was hoping for Doublehand to be a nice boost but then again I do need my Elza to double attack without the gimmick spear she currently has from last week's dungeon. I just don't know when I will ever get it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

m.hache posted:

Just some suggestions:

Craft some Hero Rings
Craft a Tiger Helm
Craft a Black Belt Gi
Get the Enhancer

That should easily push you over 500 ATK

If you don't want to lose the defense from heavy armor for the whole whopping +8 a Black Belt Gi will give you (:jerkbag:) then slap the Force Armor on her.

Ice Armor is kind of dangerous unless you want to null out Ifrit's weakness/strength.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

If you don't want to lose the defense from heavy armor for the whole whopping +8 a Black Belt Gi will give you (:jerkbag:) then slap the Force Armor on her.

Ice Armor is kind of dangerous unless you want to null out Ifrit's weakness/strength.

Due to the way damage calculations are done 8 ATK always worth it on a DPS character

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Mrit SA posted:

I used 2 moogles on medius.

No regrets.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Cry Havoc posted:

take a break from the game / stop reading posts about it for a while

it helped combat burnout for me

Pretty much what I'm doing, I'm just checking once in a while to make sure my TM macro hasn't crashed, but otherwise my computer is the only thing interacting with the game the last few days

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Shark Tower posted:

No regrets.

As someone who has a Growth Egg, I will tell you that is a good choice. Getting +50% on a single character running through EXP INT is great. I wish I could pull another one, he'd be on the TM team immediately.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Shark Tower posted:

No regrets.

I have used 5(I think) Moogles on Zidane #1, and 3 on Ludmile(at 87%!). After Ludmile is done, future Moogles will go on Zidane #2.

The Happy Hyperbole
Jan 27, 2009

What's he up to now? Hard to say since we're not telling him what to do.

KataraniSword posted:

I have the force armor on Exdeath right now, and yeah I run Ifrit with Lightning so she has null resistances. I have both of the tiger mask and the black belt gi, but I don't have any real tank characters on my team or even a way to buff defense until I can 6* Refia so I have been keeping everyone's defense higher to try and cut down on how frequently I am gibbed by things.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
A Ludmille one of these days would be neat.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i'd like a zidane he's the only 3* i don't have at this point

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm gonna have two dual casts one day and it's gonna be the bestest and my team will never die, yay! Now gimme a Zidane so I can set CoD up or some poo poo.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
While the event is lame, I'm kinda having fun messing around with ELT tinkering with different combinations while keeping 3 3* Sazh's in the party. Gives an appreciation for the Esper abilities since the Sazh's would otherwise be useless. It's like 240 Gears a run for 13 NRG. Not great but keeps me entertained.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Same, then I realized siren has attack song, so I just put her on one of my sazhs and everything is easy again.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

PopeCrunch posted:

Bahahaha jesus christ that was amazing. I spent a week grinding dudes to the point where i JUST BARELY blew up Veritas of the Heavens in windmill town, after dozens of failures.

Then I met him again in the Wind Shrine and blew him apart in a single try while on the toilet.

While I do think his first encounter feels like it has better stats, remember that you had 6 party members in the Wind Shrine instead of 5. The first fight was basically a handicap match.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Tipme posted:

Same, then I realized siren has attack song, so I just put her on one of my sazhs and everything is easy again.

Never thought of this - been doing runs with sazh x 2 and vanille along with Luneth and ExDeath and friend and it gets pretty hard unless friend is pretty beefy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i actually pulled a third ludmille recently. i would really like a dual wield at some point tho

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Has anyone ever run into this problem? I reinstalled Memu 2.8.6 so that I could run scripts reliably again, but now the scripts folder is completely empty and no amount of me recording operations will create a .mir file so that I can paste in the TM scripts from reddit. I've completely wiped and reinstalled Memu multiple times and nothing seems to get the scripts folder to populate.

I've also tried pasting in the scripts files from my laptop which was never updated to 2.9, but my desktop Memu won't recognize it.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Inkel posted:

Has anyone ever run into this problem? I reinstalled Memu 2.8.6 so that I could run scripts reliably again, but now the scripts folder is completely empty and no amount of me recording operations will create a .mir file so that I can paste in the TM scripts from reddit. I've completely wiped and reinstalled Memu multiple times and nothing seems to get the scripts folder to populate.

I've also tried pasting in the scripts files from my laptop which was never updated to 2.9, but my desktop Memu won't recognize it.

As weird as this sounds can you confirm the actual directory your Memu is running from? Mine installed to funky places (E:/) so you may have 2 installs without knowing it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!
Cashed in my grinded gears for the 100 cactaurs and leveled up ExDeath #2 to max. Now if only the arena would turn black magic back on! :argh:

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.
How often does the special friend point summon happen? The one that includes cactuars and gil snappers. I'm getting a lot of friend points saved up and I'm hoping for that to happen soon but I've only seen it once since I started playing. Is that a regular occurrence or just random?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

enahs posted:

How often does the special friend point summon happen? The one that includes cactuars and gil snappers. I'm getting a lot of friend points saved up and I'm hoping for that to happen soon but I've only seen it once since I started playing. Is that a regular occurrence or just random?

Everyone's wishing it comes back. No word so far on if it ever will.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
thank gently caress for cactaurs. I have been grinding sacred crystals but will need to rush level everyone after I 5* them. I have never seen a 5* and hope it stays that way till lightings on rate up

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

enahs posted:

It's random, it's happened twice since I started playing in July. Honestly though, after the second one I realized that you're actually better off just using them to get the few good TMs that friend point units offer (Aquan, Stone, and Dragon Killer, HP+10%, Sunbeam, maybe some more I'm forgetting). I burned all 99k FP and I think I got like... 8 gigantuars? All the other special units you get are basically useless (gil who cares, regular cactus who cares) and prevent you from getting more of the good TM units.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

m.hache posted:

As weird as this sounds can you confirm the actual directory your Memu is running from? Mine installed to funky places (E:/) so you may have 2 installs without knowing it.

Haha wow, that was it. That's so strange because I could swear I was watching it on my C drive, and it was re-populating that directory on every installation that I tried.

Thanks though! You saved me a bunch of frustration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So uh, either the amount of stat pots you can apply increases when you awaken a unit, it it resets them to zero. Hooray.

• Locked thread