Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Martytoof posted:

Oh d'doyy, sorry for the noise everyone. Apparently AppleCare is 60 days after purchase only and I can't math right to save my life.

All this time I thought it was 90 days even though it says 60 in the fine print. Welp. Guess I'd better stop banging it against walls.

I just got my watch last night. I can't believe all the poo poo my wrist hits throughout the day and I never noticed. My screen shield thingie can't get here fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

jabro posted:

I just got my watch last night. I can't believe all the poo poo my wrist hits throughout the day and I never noticed. My screen shield thingie can't get here fast enough.

You really don't need it.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

MarcusSA posted:

SAFF 4 LYFE

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

MarcusSA posted:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

You don't need it inasmuch as whatever you put on the display will look a hundred times worse than whatever nicks you put into the glass itself.

I've had it about ~60 days and I have some tiny scratches on the left side where I've inadvertantly bumped it against walls when turning corners or whatever. It affects my enjoyment of the product only about 0% and I don't even think about it until someone mentions screen protectors.

I suspect if you wear long sleeves all the time this will be even less of an issue.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Virtue fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 30, 2016

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So I'm just straight-up missing texts every so often. I feel like it has something to do with my iPad, as it tends to happen after I finish using it. But there's no link to iPad?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Texts or imessage? Maybe it thinks you're getting/seeing them on your ipad so they don't appear on your watch? So as to not double bother you.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

it's imessage. And texts haven't been showing up on my iPad ever since I got my 7, which I've just been lazy and haven't bothered to fix because usually my watch gets them.

Sandwich Fight
Oct 11, 2004

Explosion
I finally got my Apple Watch and am loving it so far, but my night stand situation is bugging me now. With the phone I was fine just plugging in and setting down.
I know there's been stand discussion before but I can't find it.
Any recommendations?
I was on amazon looking at some real cheap stuff but then got down into a rabbit hole of more and more expensive stuff.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Sandwich Fight posted:

I finally got my Apple Watch and am loving it so far, but my night stand situation is bugging me now. With the phone I was fine just plugging in and setting down.
I know there's been stand discussion before but I can't find it.
Any recommendations?
I was on amazon looking at some real cheap stuff but then got down into a rabbit hole of more and more expensive stuff.

Get the black plastic 5.99 one and never worry you made a mistake because it is perfect.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Get the black plastic 5.99 one and never worry you made a mistake because it is perfect.

this.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Spigen or Orzly?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

Spigen or Orzly?

Orzly one seems nicer than the Spigen one. It's what I have.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

This is my current watch stand, it's been working well enough so far.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

This is my current watch stand, it's been working well enough so far.

That's adorable :3:

-----

So for whatever reason my watch won't notify me off emails or messages. It'll tell me when someone is calling but I'm no getting anything else. I can't for the life of me figure out if I hit a setting somewhere to mess this up. As far as I know the defaults worked fine and now they don't :(

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Gotta switch out the adapter, but all told it's a fairly fun+good holiday band for a fair price.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Gotta switch out the adapter, but all told it's a fairly fun+good holiday band for a fair price.

Your wrists were hairless and slender last pic.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

eddiewalker posted:

Your wrists were hairless and slender last pic.

:coolfish:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Can somebody tell me how to set up Apple Pay on my watch?

The instruction say:

1 Open the Watch app on your iPhone, and go to the My Watch tab. If you have multiple watches, choose one.
2 Tap Wallet & Apple Pay.

I can't find step 2?

I can choose 'wallet' but that has no options for adding a card.

Pissflaps fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 3, 2016

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Pissflaps posted:

Can somebody tell me how to set up Apple Pay on my watch?
Open the Watch app on your iPhone and go down to Wallet and Apple Pay. Pretty straightforward from there.

E: it's in the third section, the one that starts (on my watch) with Activity

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Yeah I'm looking in there and it says just 'wallet' not 'wallet and Apple Pay'?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Dunno. I know you have to have your Region set correctly. When I set mine up it already defaulted to the CC tied to my iTunes account.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Not sure if it's the relevant issue here but I believe to enable Apple Pay on the watch you need to have the 'lock when removed from wrist' thingy enabled, so make sure that's on.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Got it sorted - for some reason my watch region was set to El Salvador.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I'm really disappointed in the Clockwork heavy nato strap. Its got some seriously-sharp edges where the ends were flame-sealed. The edges that wrap through the lugs sit right against my wrist and are really uncomfortable --a tiny bit painful, even. In comparison, my official nylon strap is the most comfortable watch strap I've ever worn.

I like how the Clockwork looks, at least.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

eddiewalker posted:

I'm really disappointed in the Clockwork heavy nato strap. Its got some seriously-sharp edges where the ends were flame-sealed. The edges that wrap through the lugs sit right against my wrist and are really uncomfortable --a tiny bit painful, even. In comparison, my official nylon strap is the most comfortable watch strap I've ever worn.

I like how the Clockwork looks, at least.
I've had a similar one for a while and posted about it earlier, probably all from the same factory. I tried the Apple one recently and yeah, it's way better.

If you're going to keep the cheap one you can try just trimming the sharp edges here and there. Makes it much more comfortable and seems to hold up fine still. A bit messy looking but it's on the inside and not really noticeable.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Pissflaps posted:

Got it sorted - for some reason my watch region was set to El Salvador.

Probably trying to get Monday as the first day of the week, as god intended.

Unexpected
Jan 5, 2010

You're gonna need
a bigger boat.
Hi. I got an Apple Watch 2 recently and have a question. Is there a way to export data related to health activity (e.g. workouts, sleep, etc.) to a computer? There are several apps allowing you to see it on a mobile device but I found only one (QS Access) that presents it in an "exportable" format and it's lacking multiple important data points.

Thank you.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
I'm really torn. I like the stainless steel watches but the new one is out of my price range. I can buy a first generation stainless steel watch for around the same priced as a used Series 1. Obviously future proofing is good but I've read the original isn't so bad on watch OS 3. Also, I am leaning the original generation SS as I might not even like the watch, maybe. However, if I get a series 1 and enjoy the watch I'll no doubt be selling it and getting a SS S2 or whatever next year. Tell me what to do, Internet.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

decypher posted:

I'm really torn. I like the stainless steel watches but the new one is out of my price range. I can buy a first generation stainless steel watch for around the same priced as a used Series 1. Obviously future proofing is good but I've read the original isn't so bad on watch OS 3. Also, I am leaning the original generation SS as I might not even like the watch, maybe. However, if I get a series 1 and enjoy the watch I'll no doubt be selling it and getting a SS S2 or whatever next year. Tell me what to do, Internet.

Get the original. As long as you're not swimming or need gps, it will do everything you will want to use the watch for.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

get the S1 or S2 only because the gen 1 is poop trash and slow as a dog. stainless steel on an apple watch is a waste and its not a watch so it doesn't matter.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The original is still plenty fast to me on watchOS 3. I'd definitely pick that up if you're interested in any Apple Watch since it's cheap as hell.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
The price difference for me is $26 between the SS OG and the S1. My brain says S1 but my heart says SS. Is this first world problems?

Do you guys with the aluminum watches wear a case when you're doing any sort of work with tools or machinery?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
They changed some poo poo so that swiping up gives a stupid system menu? I used to be able to swipe up to get my heart rate...is there still a way to do this?

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong
The side button. It's now an app switcher instead of the circle of friends that no one ever used.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
There's a complication launcher for it now too, doesn't show the HR in the complication itself though.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

japtor posted:

There's a complication launcher for it now too, doesn't show the HR in the complication itself though.

But there's an app for that! It's called Heartwatch.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

LPG Giant posted:

But there's an app for that! It's called Heartwatch.
No. No.

HeartWatch will show you some heart rate measurement taken in the last 18 or so minutes, but not necessarily the latest one.

Apple just plain old hosed that one up. Not having their complication show the latest reading, and letting other complications only update a few times an hour is some serious amateur hour loving design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I have pretty severe bradycardia, so I was in the habit of checking it by swiping up, and it seemed like I now had to go to menu and pick the app everytime. Thanks for the help!

• Locked thread