Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Not a huge fan of Green's helmet, and I worry about those wings on Pink.

Outside that these are really good suits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Larryb posted:

And here's the mech which also doesn't look too bad (it looks like the "core" 5 of the team will be Red, Blue, Black, Green and Yellow though it can mix and match parts from the other 4 members as well).

It is downright bizarre to see a Sentai robot toy actually look good, after the last four years.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Silver should have been another girl

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

Silver should have been another girl

Yeah, 2 girls and 7 guys does seem a bit unbalanced to me.

Burkion posted:

Not a huge fan of Green's helmet, and I worry about those wings on Pink.

Outside that these are really good suits.

Well her name is EaglePink so it does kind of make sense in that regard. Also it seems that some members of the team are actually aliens so it's possible she might not be human outside the suit either. Blue might be one as well as it looks like there might be some fur on his suit.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 6, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it looks like aside from red, the others can switch between being arms and legs. that's a neat gimmick.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
if some of the members are aliens I'd figure it'll be Pink with the wings and Black; his suit is way different from the others, even though the others all seem to have some sort of difference on them his suit is basically completely different. It would fit for a big, hulking alien to have a totally different suit.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So core team is Red, Blue, Black, Green and Yellow with Gold, Silver, Orange and Pink as an auxillary team. Red is the only core bot (so far) with the others as mix and match limbs (really cool). I'd hazard a guess that Gold would have another core or a possible tenth ranger would have it so there'd be two full sets that can come out. There's definitely a retro sci-fi theme going on with their suits and Gold and Black have relatively similar suits based on what can be seen.

Edit: I want a Fourze crossover with this series.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 6, 2016

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So far I'm liking everything I've seen about this show, but then again I thought the same thing about Ninninger when it was first announced and look how that turned out. But who knows, maybe we'll get both good designs and a good series this time around.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just realized that we finally have an official Orange Ranger.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So we got more forms for Ex-Aid and his friends and hoo boy is this a design!. I'm not sure how to feel about it, it's wonderfully stupid. The other forms are alright, I'd like bigger images of them, but holy poo poo Maximum Gamer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

So we got more forms for Ex-Aid and his friends and hoo boy is this a design!. I'm not sure how to feel about it, it's wonderfully stupid. The other forms are alright, I'd like bigger images of them, but holy poo poo Maximum Gamer.

I guess Maximum Gamer being massive overweight and incredibly ugly is cutting commentary.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Why can't I hold all this gaming

Considering we've not hit episode 10 just yet and we've hit most of the toy stuff, it'll probably take some time for that to get introduced, which hopefully means the show can breathe a bit more. Which is good because jesus.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
9ranger kind of looks like a Kyoryuger type of deal where you start out with the base five, and then you have separate runners for inducting Aquila Pink and Scorpio Orange the way Kyoryuger gained Gold and Violet, and then there's a separate category (since Libra Gold and Ophiuchus Silver have special armor or something, on top of being the only metals and the only non-animals). The tenth will be a mid/end super special spoiler addition.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Caphi posted:

9ranger kind of looks like a Kyoryuger type of deal where you start out with the base five, and then you have separate runners for inducting Aquila Pink and Scorpio Orange the way Kyoryuger gained Gold and Violet, and then there's a separate category (since Libra Gold and Ophiuchus Silver have special armor or something, on top of being the only metals and the only non-animals). The tenth will be a mid/end super special spoiler addition.

Suspect you're right. Kyoryuger demonstrated that the more rangers and mechs you can assemble, the better. Hope this follows the same path.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Aside from Battle Cossack, ToQ#6, and ZyuohBird that is.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Waffleman_ posted:

Well we've had two before actually; Battle Cossack(from Battle Fever J) and ToQ 6gou(from Ressha Sentai ToQger)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

drrockso20 posted:

Well we've had two before actually; Battle Cossack(from Battle Fever J) and ToQ 6gou(from Ressha Sentai ToQger)

And Zyuoh Bird

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MOTHERFUCKER I FORGOT ABOUT TOQ6

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Waffleman_ posted:

MOTHERFUCKER I FORGOT ABOUT TOQ6

This is the place Akira dies.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I have honestly been forgetting what colors several people are today.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A (very) basic plot summary has also been released for Kyuranger

quote:

The Earth has fallen into the hands of invaders-

When the universe falls into the hands of heartless beings, when people shed tears, the 9 (Kyunin) Utimate (Kyukyoku) Saviors (Kyuseisha), those chosen by the KyuTama, appear to save the universe.

9 individuals with strong personalities.

The strongest warriors arise here and now.

Kind of makes it sound like the villians this time have already conquered the world and the Kyurangers are just a resistance force fighting back (it also kind of reminds me of Changeman in a way). Since it's space themed, I wonder if this means they'll be fighting on planets besides Earth as well.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Larryb posted:

A (very) basic plot summary has also been released for Kyuranger

Kind of makes it sound like the villians this time have already conquered the world and the Kyurangers are just a resistance force fighting back (it also kind of reminds me of Changeman in a way). Since it's space themed, I wonder if this means they'll be fighting on planets besides Earth as well.

I bet Red is the obligatory Earthling, and literally every other member of the team is an alien.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

deadly_pudding posted:

I bet Red is the obligatory Earthling, and literally every other member of the team is an alien.
Is one of them a lion alien? What about an elephant, or a shark? :syoon:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Poison Mushroom posted:

:thejoke:

But also I hope they do callbacks to previous sentais, and we get a Doggy Kruger relative, one of those crystal-head guys from Timeranger, and so on.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
This would have been a fitting season to crossover with gokaiger

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is that robot made of stargates?

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Poison Mushroom posted:

The suits for Gold and Black make me think they are old timey 50s era robots.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
"Ranger is actually an alien from outer space" is always a cool idea in somebody's brain, but the way they pull it of is usually pretty bad. Which is a way of saying that I can't enjoy my toku if it has men in fursuits and thus didn't watch Dekaranger past the first episode. I didn't pick the goon life, the goon life picked me.

Guys in what are basically the monster costumes are a different case, of course, because the prop department is weird and creative.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Craptacular! posted:

"Ranger is actually an alien from outer space" is always a cool idea in somebody's brain, but the way they pull it of is usually pretty bad. Which is a way of saying that I can't enjoy my toku if it has men in fursuits and thus didn't watch Dekaranger past the first episode. I didn't pick the goon life, the goon life picked me.

Guys in what are basically the monster costumes are a different case, of course, because the prop department is weird and creative.

They might go with Star Trek style aliens, where they're just humans with funny noses and/or foreheads.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So I just watched the Heart/Mach special...

For some reason it's gotten real dusty in here. A lot got into my eyes too. Someone should clean this place, people will think I'm crying.

Seriously though, it's amazing how much better they were than the Chase one. I miss Drive, but this reminds me exactly of why I like it in the first place.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Man I wish they could just use actual star trek aliens. 9Ranger Black there is obvious just a Klingon.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

Blaze Dragon posted:

For some reason it's gotten real dusty in here. A lot got into my eyes too. Someone should clean this place, people will think I'm crying.

Seriously though, it's amazing how much better they were than the Chase one. I miss Drive, but this reminds me exactly of why I like it in the first place.

I really appreciated the callbacks in this special Hearts initial Kamen Rider transformation is the picture what Gen thought Drive looked like from catching glances during slow down. Also liked how 005 was the final roidmude beaten bookending the series since he was also the first one we saw Proto-drive beat.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Blaze Dragon posted:

There was so much good poo poo in that special.

The one thing I'm hoping for with it is that this is Shinnosuke's characterization going forward. If Ichigou is really retiring we need a new Rider to be the Wise Mentor figure to newbies during crossovers and poo poo and Shinnosuke is basically perfect for the role at this point; the way he was portrayed during this special would make him a pretty perfect mentor figure going forward. Plus more Shinnosuke is always amazing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Please watch Dekaranger.

Or Power Rangers SPD, if you prefer. They really are basically the same show.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Poison Mushroom posted:

Please watch Dekaranger.

At least watch the episode where Kruger transforms into DekaMaster for the first time and goes on a completely bitchin sword rampage where he takes out a small army and has probably one of the best roll-call speeches in the history of Sentai.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Poison Mushroom posted:

Please watch Dekaranger.

I never really got this take. Time Force is basically Timeranger with less of an edge, but SPD never really delivered on the "It's a cop show! But Power Rangers" vibe that Deka thrived on

Like they always felt like some sort of weird Starfleet Academy thing rather than cops who arrest aliens

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

deadly_pudding posted:

At least watch the episode where Kruger transforms into DekaMaster for the first time and goes on a completely bitchin sword rampage where he takes out a small army and has probably one of the best roll-call speeches in the history of Sentai.

That's like the only thing I've seen past the fifth episode.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ex-Aid 9 had the preview for Heisei generations and holy gently caress do the cross-Rider suits look terrible. I assume they're the Ex-Aid Eyecon and the Ghost Gashat and they both end up looking terrible in a bad way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they always look terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

What, no love for TaMaShii?

Or Fifteen's Wizard Arms?

• Locked thread