Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

and the name of that day is 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That reminds me did I tell you guys one of our bosses is under federal investigation for stealing $95,000 worth of aircraft aluminum and titanium

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Volkerball posted:

That reminds me did I tell you guys one of our bosses is under federal investigation for stealing $95,000 worth of aircraft aluminum and titanium

How much is that in boxes?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

no but i'd lie saying im surprised it happened

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

pfft.. less than 100 grand. go big or go home

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

pfft.. less than 100 grand. go big or go home
where bigger than grand

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

That's a couple of thousand pounds how the hell do you steal that and no one notice.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

building killdozer ii or something

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hollismason posted:

That's a couple of thousand pounds how the hell do you steal that and no one notice.
should actually be fairly easy, especially if trunks of departing cars are not inspected at the gate

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

There's something charmingly 1929 about that. I wish more plutocrats would do that every time the stock market tanked.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

this place is a disaster

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Volkerball posted:

this place is a disaster

Was it just frame parts or what. Like I can't imagine they have just bricks of titanium laying around.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volkerball posted:

this place is a disaster

when are you gonna mail my gun jigsaw puzzle

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

Was it just frame parts or what. Like I can't imagine they have just bricks of titanium laying around.

i don't know all the deets, but we have big rear end bars of all sorts of expensive metals laying around. you use a saw to cut it up into pieces of a certain length, then you take those cutoff sections and machine them into parts

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhdymoRTz6M

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
in other vb life news, i scored a date with a starbucks barista. classic tale of the arms manufacturer and the upscale coffee girl.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/NTpzBjR.gifv

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Volkerball posted:

i don't know all the deets, but we have big rear end bars of all sorts of expensive metals laying around. you use a saw to cut it up into pieces of a certain length, then you take those cutoff sections and machine them into parts

Ah then yea it would be pretty easily to transport. That makes sense I was like " How the hell did he get frame parts out".

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

Ah then yea it would be pretty easily to transport. That makes sense I was like " How the hell did he get frame parts out".

this would definitely be a long con type of deal either way.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

So, in talking to a couple people about minimum wage, I have realized that many people hold all of the following opinions.

- Raising minimum wage is bad.
    - People who work minimum wage jobs are worthless.
    - If you work minimum wage, just "work harder" or go to school. Failing that, you should not have been in a position to be working minimum wage to begin with and you are worthless.
    - People who work minimum wage jobs should have literally zero luxuries or items intended for recreation.
    - Cell phones and computers are luxuries/only for recreation.
    - People who work minimum wage jobs have a lot of free time so they should have plenty of time to shop frugally, learn to cook well, and buy cheap groceries and use the internet to learn how to cook (without, of course, a phone or computer), or just eat chicken and rice for every meal.
    - People who work min wage jobs should not have children.
    - Sex education is bad.
    - Easy/affordable birth control is bad, and birth control should not be covered by insurance.
    - Abortions are bad.
    - I only worked minimum wage in high school and look where I am now, so why can't everyone else?

I mean of course I knew this kind of person existed before, but just thinking of it as a list and applying it to an actual person has amazed and depressed me.

beejay fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 7, 2016

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i wonder what you do with a gigantic rear end bar of titanium. like do you just wait in line at the scrapyard behind the pickup truck with a refrigerator in the back of it and then haggle with the dude when it's your turn.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

beejay posted:

So, in talking to a couple people about minimum wage, I have realized that many people hold all of the following opinions.

- If you work minimum wage, just "work harder" or go to school. Failing that, you should not have been in a position to be working minimum wage to begin with and you are worthless.
    - People who work minimum wage jobs should have literally zero luxuries or items intended for recreation.
    - People who work minimum wage jobs have a lot of free time so they should have plenty of time to shop frugally, learn to cook well, and buy cheap groceries and use the internet to learn how to cook (without, of course, a phone or computer), or just eat chicken and rice for every meal.
    - Sex education is bad.
    - Easy/affordable birth control is bad, and birth control should not be covered by insurance.
    - Abortions are bad.
    - I only worked minimum wage in high school and look where I am now, so why can't everyone else?

I mean of course I knew this kind of person existed before, but just thinking of it as a list and applying it to an actual person has amazed and depressed me.

yeah basically a solid half or two thirds of people currently living in america have poo poo opinions and should be ignored when they speak more or less

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

beejay posted:

- Sex education is bad.
    - Abortions are bad.

poor people just use their ill gotten wealth to fund terrorism.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

in other vb life news, i scored a date with a starbucks barista. classic tale of the arms manufacturer and the upscale coffee girl.

i'm glad you were able to restrain your scoffing long enough to talk to her

Volkerball posted:

i wonder what you do with a gigantic rear end bar of titanium. like do you just wait in line at the scrapyard behind the pickup truck with a refrigerator in the back of it and then haggle with the dude when it's your turn.

you know a guy who knows a guy, same as anything else.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So what is Trump saying at tonight's victory rally?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:rip: master aemon

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Well people buy ingots like that for metal working etc.. so I am assuming he had someone he was supplying. It's kind of a dumb thing to do. I'm assuming you shop vac any shavings and then recycle that.

Like eventually you are just gonna get caught through simple inventory which is why these types of crimes are always so dumb.

I remember back in college someone got caught stealing 4 ought copper wire from this Sound System company I worked for. The way they got caught was they sold it to some junkyard and the guy was like " Sure I'll buy it " then after they left just called the cops on them and our company because on the inside of the connector there is generally a part number and phone number for the company.

Just dumb.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what is Trump saying at tonight's victory rally?

heres the highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDwEnwxnGjY

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Volkerball posted:

starbucks isn't upscale what are you smoking

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

starbucks coffee tastes like overburned misery

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it's a convenient place to grab a milkshake with caffeine in it

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

'tis Shite, Original Poster

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

V. Illych L. posted:

starbucks isn't upscale what are you smoking

the prices say otherwise, and people pay it so

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball posted:

welcome to the thread, senator norquist

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Instead of drinking coffee at Starbucks dig through the garbage to find used coffee grinds then chew on that you loving animal.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volkerball posted:

same with cigarettes though

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
people pay for the convenience, people actually interested in the coffee go to places where the baristas have incredibly elaborate buns/topknots/half shaved hairstyles

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i want some of the poo poo samsung rnd is having, to release a phone without audio jack after selling an ied for a grand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i too pay for the convenience, which is why i only drink gas station and mcdonalds coffee

• Locked thread