Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Zbo byke tonight. Hug your loved ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Larry Coon (cbafaq.com) comes down pretty hard on D-Mo and his agent: http://cbafaq.com/blog/

Brooklyn can't sign or acquire DMo for a year if the Rockets invalidate the offer.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Maybe BJ should find something else he likes to do because he doesn't seem to be very good at this agent thing

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This is a bad week for BJ Armstrong

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I just realized DMo is probably going to pretend to be hurt for the next couple months so Houston will cut him, he will get his $5m and then be able to sign elsewhere.

Also I'm pretty sure that if DMo is cut he could sign with Brooklyn. I think the rule is just for trades.

Unfortunately, no. He has to report for his physical. If he doesn't, Houston doesn't owe him anything and what happens next year? He's an RFA again.

Once he does take his physical he is signed with Houston, but if he tries to pretend to be injured or something they can take action through the league to suspend him instead, or take other action. At some point Houston might be just sick of it and cut him loose, but it probably means he doesn't get paid at all this year.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Given his back, no one is going to offer him the kind of contract that Houston wouldn't immediately match. You suck at this BJ Armstrong

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe BJ is hoping to push this all the way out to when the CBA expires, then they can get rid of RFA and DMo can finally be free

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Maybe BJ is threatening every GM that doesn't offer him a deal with a nut shot from Draymond

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I can't believe this happened

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-kings-vet-matt-barnes-wanted-by-nypd-for-alleged-nightclub-assault/

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Aaron Gordon can't defend wings. Experiment failed (but he's ok on offense as a 3). Probably would matter less if Vucevic was better but he's obviously not so bad you can't play good D with him on the court. They need some trades to bring in better wing options but everyone knows it so they have no leverage.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ok Encino Man

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Cool Buff Man posted:

Ok Encino Man

:eng99:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Just joshin' ya around pal. It's crazy that there isn't more being said about it tbh

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I can totally believe that happened, and that Matt Barnes was the one who did it

e: You could just start a sentence with "Hey man, did you hear that Matt Barnes--" and I'd be like "Yep he did it."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't believe Draymond kicked someone in the dick

Just right up the shaft with the line of his laces

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Matt "Violence is never the answer, but sometimes it is" Barnes

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Whoa this means the Knicks signed Rose just to get at Mindaugas Kuzminskas' agent. Looks like I'm not so against the Rose deal anymore.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Away all Goats posted:

Matt "Violence is never the answer, but sometimes it is" Barnes

That is an all time great sports player quote.

Right up there with "Ball" and "I know I'm gon get got...but I'm gon get mine more than I get got tho"

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjUaGvVw30c

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

How dare Windhorst make this comparison

He's clearly better than both of them

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Giannis seems more like a hybrid of Lebron and KD.

KD's body with Lebron's passing and finishing.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Does Giannis have outside shooting? I know he's crazy this year but I don't really see the Dirk comp.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
literally of all tall players with finesse, you pick the one comp about a super offensive elite shooter that's not very athletic....?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Libertine posted:

Does Giannis have outside shooting? I know he's crazy this year but I don't really see the Dirk comp.

Not really, but if he ever develops a good jumper you may as well put him in the hall right now.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

Giannis seems more like a hybrid of Lebron and KD.

KD's body with Lebron's passing and finishing.

KD's height and Lebron's body actually. Giannis seems pretty ripped already. Guy is looking like a beast.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I would say the closest comp if you really need one is a 6'11 westbrook that can play center in certain line-ups. He's a bad jump shooter, but his euro step is absurdly good enough to slice through the paint.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Libertine posted:

Yeah he can't shoot worth poo poo...yet. Right now everything he's achieving is because he's loving unguardable around the rim. He's a matchup nightmare, distributes the ball, and plays good defence for a 21 year old.

tanglewood1420 posted:

Not really, but if he ever develops a good jumper you may as well put him in the hall right now.

Basically this. At 21 with his current skill set he's already looking like a guaranteed all star. If he gets an outside shot, the league is gonna be hosed.

e: Wait a sec, he just turned 22 today HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIANNIS

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 7, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
My comp for Giannis is Jonathan Bender if he actually lived up to 110% of the hype instead of spectacularly flaming out.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe we should wait to see if Giannis can win a playoff series

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Lockback posted:

Unfortunately, no. He has to report for his physical. If he doesn't, Houston doesn't owe him anything and what happens next year? He's an RFA again.

Once he does take his physical he is signed with Houston, but if he tries to pretend to be injured or something they can take action through the league to suspend him instead, or take other action. At some point Houston might be just sick of it and cut him loose, but it probably means he doesn't get paid at all this year.

If I was DMo my plan would be to go to the physical and then act hurt until Jan. If they make you just play defense like Harden and offense like Corey Brewer. If that doesn't work maybe do a handstand during the national anthem or gently caress Matt barnes' ex.

Then sign with Brooklyn when you're cut.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Maybe we should wait to see if Giannis can win a playoff series

For what?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So Andrew Bogut is insane.

On my phone so here is a link

http://deadspin.com/of-course-andre...dium=socialflow

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

what would 1% of a pizza place running a sex slavery ring being true even mean.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

the_american_dream posted:

I still can't believe there are people out there who take seriously the conspiracy theory equivalent of playing mad-libs with dirty words.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

If I was DMo my plan would be to go to the physical and then act hurt until Jan. If they make you just play defense like Harden and offense like Corey Brewer. If that doesn't work maybe do a handstand during the national anthem or gently caress Matt barnes' ex.

Then sign with Brooklyn when you're cut.

Pretending to be hurt will probably scare off most of the other teams. Unless you give them a wink-wink and :lol: if that's your plan

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

I still can't believe there are people out there who take seriously the conspiracy theory equivalent of playing mad-libs with dirty words.

It's hard to imagine why Bogut would think that a dude having pictures of toddlers taped to tables on his Instagram would be unsettling. Clearly Bogut is in the wrong here.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Libertine posted:

It's hard to imagine why Bogut would think that a dude having pictures of toddlers taped to tables on his Instagram would be unsettling. Clearly Bogut is in the wrong here.

Wait a minute, do you actually believe this stupidity?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
HELL yeah let's talk about PIZZAGATE in the NBA thread

(yall ready for this)

untz untz untz untz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

edit never thee mind

here's an article about how James Harden worked out in the offseason

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/rockets/article/How-James-Harden-blocked-out-the-distractions-and-10688198.php

kind of dry reading, but basically he sequestered himself in Phoenix and did Rocky-style montages in the blistering heat

quote:

Then Roland spent 45 minutes to an hour harassing Harden in drills. Unlike coaches who instruct repetitive set shots or create a maze of cones for dribbling gimmicks, Roland gets physical when players practice their moves, actually guarding them and even fouling them so they have to create separation.

• Locked thread