Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This is going about like I expected. We hung around for a while and then Duke went on a run right before the half to take a ten point lead. Blah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

elentar posted:

Florida Atlantic just beat Ohio State in Columbus.

Good.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I hate Creighton so much. Go Huskers.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Welp Butler played like rear end against Indiana State in the 2nd half and blew the game. Refs decided the game though when they called a foul on Butler with 5 seconds left after the ISU player went barreling into the lane and pushed off.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a Hawkeye. God bless.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
This isn't going well.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

This isn't going well.

It ain't gonna last. You're getting good looks and we're tossing up junk that happens to be going in

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thoguh posted:

This isn't going well.

I just turned the game on. Hoping this is just a typical cold start for ISU.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bird in a Blender posted:

I just turned the game on. Hoping this is just a typical cold start for ISU.

Yeah. Iowa also couldn't miss for a long stretch.

Poor Pemsl. He's looked like a beast for long stretches this year but he's looking way over his head in this one. Kinda afraid that's gonna happen a lot against bigger and more athletic teams early in his career. He actually reminds me a little of Niang. Limited athletically but great old man game. Doesn't have the outside shot yet though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
What a loving flop

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lol that last Jok shot

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

That 3 from Jok was ugly as hell and rolled in. Well Clones came from further behind last year, so we'll see what the 2nd half brings.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

lol that last Jok shot

He should just chuck it from half court in the second half, it'll probably go in.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Shooter's roll, son

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa is just forcing up nothing but trash now

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

MourningView posted:

Iowa is just forcing up nothing but trash now

Pretty sure that's how they lost last year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
On the other hand, if Jok is open it's a good shot no matter where he is

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Iowa State has remembered they were supposed to win but it is probably too late to matter. Jok is shooting to well for ISU to keep this run up much longer.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Apparently it's a good shot even when he's not open, he just keeps making 3's. My hope is he keeps shooting and they stop falling, but my fear is that they just keep going in no matter how ugly.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Not feeling great about hanging on to this but great game for this team either way. We are stupid young and our second or third best player is hurt

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Gaaaaah that Baer three

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I am normally pretty optimistic about ISU, but they still haven't turned their shooting around this half. Something still could happen, but I'm not feeling it today.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
HAWKEYE STATE, MOTHERFUCKERS

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

HAWKEYE STATE, MOTHERFUCKERS

At least we're better in the sport that really matters. Women's cross country.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

At least we're better in the sport that really matters. Women's cross country.

Lol dammit I had literally typed up this exact joke after going to the Cy Hawk website to see what we had actually lost

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Iowa state played like they didnt want to be there. Jesus christ what a collapse.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
This NOVA-ND game is good. Jesus christ Josh Hart.

Also, I am about to witness a warcrime in Morgantown.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
if someone could sit down every NC State player and sincerely threaten to kneecap them if they take one more goddamn 18-foot jumper, that'd be just swell

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Duke gonna win by 40 lol

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Dick Vitale is terrible

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Lessail posted:

Dick Vitale is terrible

True.

Indiana is finally soundly beating an inferior opponent in a buy game instead of committing a thousand turnovers. Good to see.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I'm tired of asking what ifs about Tark and the past

I just want a good team I can enjoy in the present

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

elentar posted:

if someone could sit down every NC State player and sincerely threaten to kneecap them if they take one more goddamn 18-foot jumper, that'd be just swell

NC State beat Tennessee State by 12 but needed OT to do it. Yurtseven is finally eligible now so they've got four games against lovely opposition to figure things out before starting ACC play at Miami. They're boned.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
UCLA, you, uh, might want to start playing defense on Michigan's 3 point shooters.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The Michigan-UCLA game on ESPN2 is incredible.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

OH YOU FUCKERS WHO IS READY FOR THE MIGHTY NORTHWESTERN WILD CAT AGAINST THE NEW ORLEANS (GOOGLES FURIOUSLY) PRIVATEERS? HOLY poo poo THAT NICKNAME OWNS

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Savannah State picked up their first D1 win of the year, and maybe first major-conference win ever, today at Oregon State. They beat Southern Miss in 2008 and that's the closest I was able to find.

elentar fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 12, 2016

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Notre Dame-Purdue is a good-rear end game so far.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

elentar posted:

Notre Dame-Purdue is a good-rear end game so far.

go boilermakers

though mike brey is serially underrated as a coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Lessail posted:

Dick Vitale is terrible

I hear people say this a lot but I don't think I've ever listened to him speak enough to understand the dislike of him.

• Locked thread