Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016

Sexpansion posted:

Rek'sai is the most picked jungler in challenger right now, she's still super good.

But doesn't challenger have the highest concentration of pros/ex-pros compared to all other solo q levels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It's still soloqueue

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Cis Lord posted:

Has there ever a Solo Q jungler that was good because of their kit and not because of the numbers? (Items are pretty much numbers in this game imo)

Lee Sin pretty much doesn't have numbers on any of his buttons anymore and he's still the hardest carrying jungler in the game if you're an autist smurf

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKce96nhHVY

the super galaxy team has their villain for the anime's first arc

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/KateyAnthony/status/806238093166530560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

That's heartbreaking

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/drtimwhatley#2364950905

Only way I know of to share a replay, can we share the in client ones? please judge me

This seems to be a link to a game where you went 1/0/12, so I ignored that and reviewed one where you went 0/7/3 instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRl9hIrEP_o

The very brief summary is "do early pathing better."

edit:

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 7, 2016

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

kingcobweb posted:

This seems to be a link to a game where you went 1/0/12, so I ignored that and reviewed one where you went 0/7/3 instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRl9hIrEP_o

The very brief summary is "do early pathing better."

edit:

I have never before been the first view on someone else's youtube video. Exciting!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Holy poo poo that Gangplank skin even though I already have Solid Snake, Dadplank, American Revolution Gangplank

Lucian, Quinn, Azir pretty good skins

Too many Garen skins, Vi just reminds me of my monk in WoW

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Idk why vi gets ahri levels of skins, is she even that popular.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

Jungle players are way more fickle than other roles (other than maybe ADC), so she's popular when she's good. Which is right now

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
They buffed Shaco. They. loving. Buffed. Shaco.

(yes, I know it's a bugfix, but it's one that makes him stronger)

E: Also, I have my doubts whether or not that nerf on Vayne is enough to bring her down, she's obnoxious on this patch.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 7, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Yeah

Orv
May 4, 2011
That the Top Starter Bundle includes Kenen is super ultra weird to me.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The starter bundles are just "what was played a lot in comp/at worlds" for the respective roles

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Vi owns

Orv
May 4, 2011

henkman posted:

The starter bundles are just "what was played a lot in comp/at worlds" for the respective roles

Kenen got played? I should look that up, Kenen is my white whale of "That champ seems cool, I sure can't anything though".

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I like vi but she's like Triforce_Jungler_031 & you play her when she's one of the good triforce junglers... I didn't think she was lee sin tier everyone loves this champ and plays them regardless of anything.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I wonder why the wall jumping high damage champion with an unstoppable, targeted, CCing ult is perceived as enjoyable. Certainly has nothing to do with the endless mobility and "this ability stuns you for five seconds, but only if you stand in it, also you're instantly slowed 99%" poo poo Riot keeps adding.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

ungulateman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKce96nhHVY

the super galaxy team has their villain for the anime's first arc

yeah gently caress now i need to bother to learn how to play gp. dude's literally just a rogue trader from 40k

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Gripen5 posted:

I enjoyed Vlad when he was free a few months back, but I thought he was nerfed since then, so wasn't sure he was worth the IP. Was thinking of picking him up anyway. What keystone do you typically run, deathfire or stormraider's?

I've been flopping around keystones a lot trying to figure out what works best for me. It's usually a toss up between stormraiders and thunderlords. If I'm confident playing against my lane opponent I will take stormraiders, otherwise I will go with thunderlords to help me early on.

I am hyper aggressive in lane and usually rely on getting early kills. Auto + empowered Q + Auto with a hextech revolver and thunderlords is devastating low level damage and can be done from a relatively safe distance.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Seriously. Poppy support gives absolutely NO fucks.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there a good idiot's guide to the new Poppy somewhere?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Pick up your shield, fight by walls, don't forget that your ult has a small travel time after you wind it up, you can also instantly retrigger your ult for an in-place knockup instead of a moving one, W gives MS.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Rip my wallet. I've played maybe 20 games in the last year but that Vi skin is a day one buy for me

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Best character in the game. Even when she's bad she's great.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
play braum, mid feeds, jungler vanishes into the Yi Zone, we lose

play mid varus, enemy mid feeds, jungler enters the Vi Zone, we win

problem solved

also does anyone have thoughts on whether the change to varus' passive makes attack speed any better on him? i decided to go essence reaver into RFC and it felt pretty good but that's mostly because i have a pathological aversion to building tear because gently caress spending 750 gold on mana regen and nothing else

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Syrinxx posted:

Is there a good idiot's guide to the new Poppy somewhere?

Slam fools into walls and collect your free kills.

More seriously, Poppy's not a complex champion. She's extremely disruptive though. Her E is a move-speed boost but also blocks dashes so you can save it to prevent say, lee or vi or rango from engaging on your ADC by standing near them. You can also ult dangerous enemies completely out of the fight OR use it as an instant knock up to keep them still while your team catches up to you as you dash in ahead of them. In lane, use the fact that your passive shield will bounce back to you without having to pick it up to execute minions at range with relic shield. "poke" by charge and Q'ing the enemy for large chunks of health and waddle away with your E, since you have basically a double Janna shield with your passive and mastery.

The fun part of poppy is you just rotate around the enemy squad and herd them like a sheepdog because they are terrified to get near a wall if you're nearby, which means they're open for engage from your other teammates. Poppers can also soak a HELL of a lot of punishment, especially with the build I'm using. She almost doubles her HP in shields between her passive, locket, face, and CoC mastery. It's absurd.

The only tricky bits are 1- making sure you ult without getting interrupted, and ult the RIGHT target. And 2- don't charge your enemies to safety.

In most of those games I saved ult to slam Jhin's fat face the gently caress out of every fight (everyone's playing jhin today and he helpfully sits still while ulting) so he does no damage at all and we cleaned up the 4v5s.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Dec 7, 2016

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

mistaya posted:

Dynamic queue in 2016 lul.

I tried playing a few ranked games. The quality of said games were very poor. It seemed people didn't give a f since ladder is reseting tomorrow. Got an Ezreal adc because he wanted to have fun. Do people forget normals exist.

Anyway can't wait for the reset.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mistaya posted:

I've been trying to tell people this and they won't believe me

It's disgusting with Knight's Vow

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mistaya posted:

Slam fools into walls and collect your free kills.

More seriously, Poppy's not a complex champion. She's extremely disruptive though. Her E is a move-speed boost but also blocks dashes so you can save it to prevent say, lee or vi or rango from engaging on your ADC by standing near them. You can also ult dangerous enemies completely out of the fight OR use it as an instant knock up to keep them still while your team catches up to you as you dash in ahead of them. In lane, use the fact that your passive shield will bounce back to you without having to pick it up to execute minions at range with relic shield. "poke" by charge and Q'ing the enemy for large chunks of health and waddle away with your E, since you have basically a double Janna shield with your passive and mastery.

The fun part of poppy is you just rotate around the enemy squad and herd them like a sheepdog because they are terrified to get near a wall if you're nearby, which means they're open for engage from your other teammates. Poppers can also soak a HELL of a lot of punishment, especially with the build I'm using. She almost doubles her HP in shields between her passive, locket, face, and CoC mastery. It's absurd.

The only tricky bits are 1- making sure you ult without getting interrupted, and ult the RIGHT target. And 2- don't charge your enemies to safety.

In most of those games I saved ult to slam Jhin's fat face the gently caress out of every fight (everyone's playing jhin today and he helpfully sits still while ulting) so he does no damage at all and we cleaned up the 4v5s.

What do you max first? Q or E?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Teikanmi posted:

It's disgusting with Knight's Vow

Yeah don't let the screenshot fool you every game it's Vow rush right after Face and Boots. Except the one where I didn't build it because my Lucian was such a useless sack of poo poo I went for a frost fist instead. (We won despite him.)

Face->Vow->Glacial (sit on it, it's for the CDR)->Locket-> finish the shroud into your choice (zekes if your adc is good or fist if you're fed)-> idk games never last that long.

Q max, then E (start E). She needs to deal a good chunk of damage while she's in range.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Dec 7, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ivern is fun as gently caress

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
so when are they gonna fix the lag issues in the client

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Tired Moritz posted:

Some fixes coming with the patch. More in future patches too

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Tired Moritz posted:

Or just use the legacy client.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

I have no idea what this game was but i did that and still only got an S

Orv
May 4, 2011
I had a 16/1/11 game as MF tonight where I got an A-. :shrug:

I'd love to see a detailed breakdown of how you get that mastery rating after a game, because I have good games fairly often where I play my character to the hilt (for my level of play) and get A- and B+ and poo poo. I know there's some level of account for other players recent performances but I'd really like to see the rest of it.

Orv fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Dec 7, 2016

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

missed opportunity to have Azir flip the go board and brutalize a sand soldier with it

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Orv posted:

I had a 16/1/11 game as MF tonight where I got an A-. :shrug:

I'd love to see a detailed breakdown of how you get that mastery rating after a game, because I have good games fairly often where I play my character to the hilt (for my level of play) and get A- and B+ and poo poo. I know there's some level of account for other players recent performances but I'd really like to see the rest of it.

Yesterday I had a 19/2/8 Tank Fiddlesticks (no AP besides a dorans ring) and only got an A. Basically the way the system considers "average" means you need either a crazy amount of farm or a huge amount of wards/wards slain. Can't really rely on unconventional builds and roles IMO.

Going 10:1 KDR in ARAM also works, since the CS requirement is way more lax and heavily favors dying very little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I will say that the splash art for the new Vi skin is really brutal, she's smashed a guy through the floor with an open palm and is crushing him beneath her massive gauntlet with a smile on her face.

• Locked thread