Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

he flunked out because he kept stabbing things instead of cutting them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

he flunked out because he kept stabbing things instead of cutting them

pre:
(Select one)
The sanctioned action is to ___________.

a) Run
b) Stab
c) Cut
d) Go to dinner
e) c & a

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
F) GENUFLECT

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

If you circle both d and e you are ready to be a beggar knight

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Maduo posted:

If you circle both d and e you are ready to be a beggar knight

*eats noodles at you, menacingly*

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you know panda, they eats cuts and leave- wait poo poo that joke doesn't make sense anymore

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
uhhh, cio, isn't that painful

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

Not when your flame burns that hot. :O

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
To bring things back full circle, I don't know if Allison is gay in this version, but it sure is hell ain't for lack of trying on Cio's part.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Leakyface.

Perfect.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Yeah Cio is giving it the inexorable frat try in the face of constant dismissal and anger.

Side note, it is never not cool to light matches with your tongue.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

Realtalk for a moment, Cio is 100% wrong. Allison if anything is good at embracing change. And Cio herself has already embraced change. She's just too cynical to believe it.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Zoolooman posted:

Realtalk for a moment, Cio is 100% wrong. Allison if anything is good at embracing change. And Cio herself has already embraced change. She's just too cynical to believe it.

do you actually get the impression that Allison /embraced/ the change she underwent initially? dying her hair and being a sorority sister and all that poo poo? She seemed miserable to me.

Also, Cio is the coolest, although you kinda gotta wonder about her weird buggy stridulatory organs there.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

Motherfucker posted:

do you actually get the impression that Allison /embraced/ the change she underwent initially? dying her hair and being a sorority sister and all that poo poo? She seemed miserable to me.

Also, Cio is the coolest, although you kinda gotta wonder about her weird buggy stridulatory organs there.

Allison accepted kinghood readily and forced Mottom to embrace change instead of stagnation, insisting that everyone dies someday. She isn't happy about it, but she surely sought change all along and has come to terms with it rapidly.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Zoolooman posted:

Realtalk for a moment, Cio is 100% wrong.

Yeah, sometimes people take layers off instead, and discard their bullshit emotional issues to become the person they were always meant to be.

(alternatively, adding layers is changing, numbnuts! Interesting that a creature who literally is the mask she wears would believe changing your mask isn't changing yourself. Perhaps she still feels so guilty about what a monster Yabalchoath was that she (Cio) will never be able to escape or atone for that legacy no matter what she does)

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I get the feeling that Cio doesn't totally grok the "Wielder of Names" thing -- she's caught up in the guilt from being Yabalchoath, so that even having shed that name, she still thinks of herself as "the monster Yabalchoath pretending to be harmless Ciocie Cioelle." Whereas Allison is in the process of mastering the art of cutting herself into whatever she chooses to be.

Motherfucker posted:

:agreed:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"No path worth taking is easy, no easy path is worth taking" - 108 Pretentiously Dispenses Wisdom

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Motherfucker posted:

cut her a break there's no razors on that boat

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

The point isn't that she accepted change in Mottom's crypt. She 'accepted' change when she dyed her hair and became a sorority sister and pushed down whatever real aspirations she had. This isn't her growing a new layer, it's shedding all the old ones.

So Cio is kind of right but not in the way she thinks. Except in the lighting matches department that poo poo is the most right.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
in other news that match is magic since its clearly manifesting a crown.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Of course Allison can change.

"A true ruler is the Wielder of Names. By names she cuts the world as she pleases and cuts herself into greater forms too."

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Maduo posted:

The point isn't that she accepted change in Mottom's crypt. She 'accepted' change when she dyed her hair and became a sorority sister and pushed down whatever real aspirations she had. This isn't her growing a new layer, it's shedding all the old ones.

I don't know -- I can kind of see this as a defensive layer, like Fun & Peppy Sorority Girl Allison was. Being "cool" and not hating herself seemed like a good defense against the world, so Allison dyed her hair blonde; now the situation calls for a Tough Girl who uses a zweihander and shouts at demons and isn't afraid of anything, so we get Tough Girl Allison.

To what extent this is "another shell personality" versus "a new Name for the King" remains to be seen.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Zoolooman posted:

Allison accepted kinghood readily and forced Mottom to embrace change instead of stagnation, insisting that everyone dies someday. She isn't happy about it, but she surely sought change all along and has come to terms with it rapidly.

Allison accepted it in the heat of the moment, when presented with a clear reflection of the alternative, with a spectral Zoss hanging around to offer commentary (PEASANT!). this is not the same thing as embracing royalty. it demonstrates that the potential is there, but one step does not deliver someone unto enlightenment. Allison is clearly no longer the Barista, but she has a ways to go yet before she can accept the title of King.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Allison has not the first loving idea who she is, or what her fundamental nature beneath all the layers of bullshit might be

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Well that was unnecessarily hot.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just had a thought occur to me: do the devil's castes (blue through ebon) arise from the way that the masking process was "programmed" (for lack of a better word) or is it an emergent property of the hot black flame

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
After the second panel all I could hear is Cio saying "Wah! What are we going to do on the bed?"

So very out of character. :3:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gutter Owl posted:

Well that was unnecessarily hot.

Shipping arc.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Say Nothing posted:

Shipping arc.

Sure.

But Cio is supposed to seduce Allison.

Not me.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

After the second panel all I could hear is Cio saying "Wah! What are we going to do on the bed?"
It took me like an hour to realize why POMF made me raise an eyebrow but yeah

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
It's called the shipping arc because they're on a ship, right?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

JT Jag posted:

It's called the shipping arc because they're on a ship, right?

An ark, if you will.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
drat Cio, you thirsty AF. Dial it back girl, ain't no one like desperation.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Maduo posted:

So Cio is kind of right but not in the way she thinks. Except in the lighting matches department that poo poo is the most right.

Royalty is a cute Sailor Moon cosplay

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Bilirubin posted:

Well, I mean, Sailor Moon *is* royalty, after all.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Poltergrift posted:

I don't know -- I can kind of see this as a defensive layer, like Fun & Peppy Sorority Girl Allison was. Being "cool" and not hating herself seemed like a good defense against the world, so Allison dyed her hair blonde; now the situation calls for a Tough Girl who uses a zweihander and shouts at demons and isn't afraid of anything, so we get Tough Girl Allison.
It's entirely possible both Badass Jojo Posing Sword-Wielding Queen of the Universe Allison and Leakyface Allison are both the real Allison.

I mean, US Grant was simultaneously the unflappable strategic genius who beat an apparently invincible opponent, and the serial failure with no apparent common sense; it came down to context.

Put Allison into a crisis, and you get Royalty. That she crashes and second guesses herself afterwards, and rages at the unfairness of a situation that demands this of her, doesn't change that.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Bilirubin posted:

The sanctioned Act is to punish in the name of the Moon.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

theshim posted:

The sanctioned Act is to punish in the name of the Moon.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Say Nothing posted:

Shipping arc.

Why do you think they ended up on a boat? :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Love Boat, exciting and new!

I don't ship Cio and Allison. There's no chemistry here, just some non-reciprocated lust on Cio's part.