Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MichiganCubbie posted:

I didn't have any Vaders in there yesterday, so I don't think we get the same.

There's a rotation in the fleet shipments, each slot can have 2-5 different ship/hero shards. Here are the possibilities:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/e/2PACX-1vThja6uvkBzIpWLWNLOSNDjtGGqY8GKY3i-CHigYBH6WrfH2C4cv1saBgdIg6YcLefHVP7XafgpU6tf/pubhtml

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I check every refresh and have seen Slave I a grand total of ONCE. This is going to take forever. :smith:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Malgrin posted:

Also, I just ran my brand new Arena team, and I'm loving it.

EP (L): 30k EHP, 205 Speed, 74% Potency
JKA: 53k EHP, 50% CC, 186% CD, 2900 Phys Dmg.
RG: 77k EHP,
Shoretrooper (3* G8): 40k EHP
TFP: 18k EHP, 255 Speed, 59% Potency, 49% Crit

Been playing this the last couple of days as well (thankfully 230 speed is enough for TFP on my shard, which means I've got him up to 88% potency). Working pretty well. Important lesson - if opponent is running Rex, always hit him with the TFP ability block first.

Went from struggling to stay in top 20 to getting 5th and 3rd the last two days, pretty happy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

I check every refresh and have seen Slave I a grand total of ONCE. This is going to take forever. :smith:

It's almost always up in the evening at either the 6pm or 9pm refresh.

But yeah, like, max once/day.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Anyone have a guess on the probability of x20 or x30 shards from the rogue 1 pack?

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Boozie posted:

Anyone have a guess on the probability of x20 or x30 shards from the rogue 1 pack?

I bought two of those packs and got x10 each time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

Probably the same rate of occurrence at getting 5-10m from a credit heist so... like... 1 in 1000?

I only needed 5 shards to unlock Shore so I bought one.

I feel like it's completely worth the 10 bucks, because that loving toon even at 3*'s is a monster.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

Vulpes posted:

Been playing this the last couple of days as well (thankfully 230 speed is enough for TFP on my shard, which means I've got him up to 88% potency). Working pretty well. Important lesson - if opponent is running Rex, always hit him with the TFP ability block first.

Went from struggling to stay in top 20 to getting 5th and 3rd the last two days, pretty happy.

I also check every single refresh (so ~14? days times 4 refreshes) and have gotten 4. I've probably missed 3-4 refreshes total, so we'll say 13 days times 4 = 52 opportunities, and I've gotten 4. It's ridiculous. Meanwhile other people want scimitar and all they see is Slave. It's just bad RNG.

Vulpes posted:

I can get him to 270 speed, but I lose some crit chance and potency, which just doesn't seem worth it -- and 255 is faster than anything I'm competing with -- until people start running Lando (L) again. I'm working on my crit chance mods though, so I'll get faster ones eventually.
Have you noticed people resisting a lot after TFP applies tenacity down? I think it's bugged and doesn't do anything.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 5, 2016

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Probably the same rate of occurrence at getting 5-10m from a credit heist so... like... 1 in 1000?

I only needed 5 shards to unlock Shore so I bought one.

I feel like it's completely worth the 10 bucks, because that loving toon even at 3*'s is a monster.

I'm 35 shards away from making him 5 star. Just a bit out of reach to rationalize getting it. I wish I knew what future giveouts/availability he'll have to factor in to this.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Man, if they just GIVE AWAY a Shore to Android and a Scariff to Apple, I'm going to be super loving pissed.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Chilichimp posted:

Man, if they just GIVE AWAY a Shore to Android and a Scariff to Apple, I'm going to be super loving pissed.

Where dis?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Android users got a free Rogue One pack. Hardly being given Shoretrooper, you had to be close already to get it for free.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Im thinking they give a free toon on rogue 1 day, like phasma and poe last year.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Chilichimp posted:

Im thinking they give a free toon on rogue 1 day, like phasma and poe last year.

I bet that it's going to be Forrest Whitaker.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Devs please nerf Idi Amin, he is too powerful.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just reinstalled the game against my better judgement and would like to rejoin a goon guild. My arena/raid team is all 80 with full gear but I'm still a ways from having a "good" raid squad.

What kind of sucks is that arena is a little difficult now since I'm still ~500 and the teams mostly have level 82+ characters and it looks like it's going to take a while to get past level 80?

Also, I have many questions but mostly:
What FOTM characters are people grinding toward right now? What about ships?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

I just reinstalled the game against my better judgement and would like to rejoin a goon guild. My arena/raid team is all 80 with full gear but I'm still a ways from having a "good" raid squad.

What kind of sucks is that arena is a little difficult now since I'm still ~500 and the teams mostly have level 82+ characters and it looks like it's going to take a while to get past level 80?

takes about 6 weeks to hit 85.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I can't seem to find this: how much does it cost to upgrade a capital ship to 5 star? I think it was 200,000 for 4 star, so is it 500,000 for 5 star?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Jibo posted:

Devs please nerf Idi Amin, he is too powerful.

His devour ability is too OP.

tadashi posted:

I invited you back into QGJ, Tadashi. Welcome back!

Edit: Are either 3DGAYWORLD or Mol Eliza (level 26) goons? They're both sitting in pending invites in QGJ.

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 6, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Disco De Soto posted:

I can't seem to find this: how much does it cost to upgrade a capital ship to 5 star? I think it was 200,000 for 4 star, so is it 500,000 for 5 star?

Yeah, and you only get like 250K from the challenge

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Yet another squad tournament :negative:

This time you get Jyn Erso and she looks loving broken

edit: also they are moving squad refresh max to 2.5k lol loving hate tournaments

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 7, 2016

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Jerkface posted:

Yet another squad tournament :negative:

This time you get Jyn Erso and she looks loving broken

This has been their MO for a while now. If everyone is broken, then no one is except all the characters who aren't. That said, the new droid they're adding doesn't appear all that spectacular, but that might change once his assist buddy gets added.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Spakstik posted:

This has been their MO for a while now. If everyone is broken, then no one is except all the characters who aren't. That said, the new droid they're adding doesn't appear all that spectacular, but that might change once his assist buddy gets added.

the droid is the one they are giving away for free so of course he isn't op.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
The emperor is coming back Dec 23rd, get your rebel teams ready.

In typical CG fashion: (from datamined files from the app)

quote:

Droid Smuggling Event Every Tuesday in January!
Log in every Tuesday in January for the TRAINING DROID SMUGGLING event! Gather a group of Scoundrels to steal a rival smuggler’s shipment of Training Droids. With 4 tiers of difficulty and rewards to choose from it might not be easy, but a successful heist today could mean the difference between victory or defeat tomorrow!

Edit: Also, I feel some strange obligation to get one of the new characters, Cassian Andor. His main attack: Two Steps Ahead

two_step fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Dec 7, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Hey IGD guys, I kicked off a rancor raid a bit late. Damage still starts a 9 am tomorrow but I wanted to give possibly sleeping folks a heads up.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Jerkface posted:

the droid is the one they are giving away for free so of course he isn't op.

For Google Play users, with a bonus event to get more shards for him. :v:

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Goddammit they're going to give Cassian to the iphone people aren't they

e: or is this their way of balancing out giving wedge to the iphone folks and catapulting like 20 people ahead of me in arena who suddenly had baby wiggs teams.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Dec 7, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I just did all the tiers and got 29 more shards for him +1.5 million credits (credits were mostly from 1st time bonus).

The droid actually seems decent and daze is a really good debuff.

e:

fishtobaskets posted:

e: or is this their way of balancing out giving wedge to the iphone folks and catapulting like 20 people ahead of me in arena who suddenly had baby wiggs teams.

Seriously, giving Wedge to people who aren't even high enough level to access his cantina node has no equivalent. (That is what happened, right?)

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 7, 2016

LIKE TEN DICKS
Feb 25, 2009

MichiganCubbie posted:

What's your code? I'll invite you to QGJ.

Sorry it took me a while to respond
814-472-321

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Hey IGD guys, I kicked off a rancor raid a bit late. Damage still starts a 9 am tomorrow but I wanted to give possibly sleeping folks a heads up.

9AM PACIFIC

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
What gear level is needed on rebels to 7 star emporer?

I have Lando and STH at max level gear 10. Biggs at 7* but wedge is still 4 and I don't see any way to seven star him before the event. I have a 7 AA at level 1 and Leia is in 70s at g8 I think. What is my best option here?

UmOk fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 7, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Leia and Ackbar are key to a good rebel team for the tank raid. I recommend leveling and gearing them up, especially if Wedge won't be 7* in time. Work with what you have, and you won't regret the investment in those 2 anyway.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

What gear level is needed on rebels to 7 star emporer?

I have Lando and STH at max level gear 10. Biggs at 7* but wedge is still 4 and I don't see any way to seven star him before the event. I have a 7 AA at level 1 and Leia is in 70s at g8 I think. What is my best option here?

Just roll with ackbar, sth, lando, biggs, and leia.

I'm going to be rolling with Akbar, sth, luke, biggs, leia.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Any tips for the level 85 robot event thing? I'm level 84 and the furthest ive got is down to 2 stormtrooper left on the last round, i have no problem getting to the last round but then I get most of my squad murdered by AOE spam on their first turn

https://swgoh.gg/u/ahdinko/

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 7, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ahdinko posted:

Any tips for the level 85 robot event thing? I'm level 84 and the furthest ive got is down to 2 stormtrooper left on the last round, i have no problem getting to the last round but then I get most of my squad murdered by AOE spam on their first turn

https://swgoh.gg/u/ahdinko/

I would try Wedge (L), Biggs, Leia, Lando, and then probably Lumi (for the heals). You could also try STH or RG in there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
85 robot event?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

85 robot event?

It's an android exclusive event. Android = cool droid stuff, iPod I guess = cool ewok stuff...once? Also the free 4* Wedge which basically gave every iOS device a huge advantage up until about level 75 when androids might have farmed Wedge up to a reasonable star.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Hey now, I'm pretty sure we got the dumb Ewok event twice now.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Malgrin posted:

I would try Wedge (L), Biggs, Leia, Lando, and then probably Lumi (for the heals). You could also try STH or RG in there.

My Wedge and biggs are like 5-6 star so it won't let me take them, I was late on getting with the meta

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

It's an android exclusive event. Android = cool droid stuff, iPod I guess = cool ewok stuff...once? Also the free 4* Wedge which basically gave every iOS device a huge advantage up until about level 75 when androids might have farmed Wedge up to a reasonable star.

Yeah, that's super cool for people who haven't been playing this game for over a year like most of us.