Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Did the op answer my question about Dogtanian? The thread moves so quickly and I forgot to check back after I posted but that does NOT mean that's an unimportant question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Palpek posted:

Hello, thank you for coming back to the thread, you were missed! You could maybe make up for it by posting as many fresh screenshots/artwork pieces as you can? After all, it's right there in the thread title.

Thank you!

Ozmodai posted:

When will the crowdfunding campaign begin?

I ask because I have recently come into an inheritance due to the untimely passing of my grandpapa. The funding likely will not be enough to fund the entire project but I believe it would be of great help. Since he was of French-Canadian heritage I believe my grandpapa would approve of this game and its message of education about French culture.

Please PM me if you have any questions about French-Canadian culture.

I express my sincere sympathy to you and your family.

We are almost ready to announce a launch date.

Libluini posted:

Serious question: Are you aware that the guillotine is actually one of the most humane tools of execution during the time your game is set? Putting someone on a wheel and breaking all their bones and then leaving them to rot may have less "gore", but I assure you this doesn't mean it's less horrifying than just getting your head chopped off real fast

I think that is pretty obvious. It's even more humane than hanging, which is still done in many countries today.

I.N.R.I posted:

pwned lol. you sound like 100x more with it than the people trying to make fun of you :-) once again, i hope the release of your game goes well. it takes courage to make your dreams a reality

Thank you very much ^^

Sdoots posted:

Everytime I find myself using the toilet lately I make sure to check the Thermidor thread for hot new deets (details) or screens (screenshots) and everytimd i end up hooting and hollering in outrage at the distinct lack of both deets and caps. I am no longer allowed to use the 6th floor bathroom at work because of the ruckus I caused and this is very upsetting but not as upsetting as no deets.

Also i am not opposed to hooting and/or hollering I just would prefer not to do it while pooping

Then this is for you!

And here is a tiny extract from the OST:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8ihGZ-Soow

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Oh my god it's the same poo poo from the op

gently caress you hyperdevbox, post fresh screens

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Yeah please show something more substantial. We don;t want this to become the No Man's Sky of guillotine simulators.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

But Not Tonight posted:

Fresh screens of WHAT? What part of "a work in progress" do you not get?
If the game was already fully developed, we wouldn't need to fund anything...
If you had the decency to comment in a more mature way, I would explain further (again) about our progress on the game and the crowdfunding campaign.
So yea, if you want to be part of a conversation, learn some basic manners.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

hyperdevbox posted:

If you had the decency to comment in a more mature way, I would explain further (again) about our progress on the game and the crowdfunding campaign.

Have you not done any work in the past two months you could show us?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Wow, great updates! However, I am concerned that rape is a bit too "adult" of a theme, so I'm afraid I'll have to rescind the $150 USD I was prepared to contribute towards development. Any interest into this matter on your end would be greatly appreciated. TIA

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I believe in you Hyper.

ALSO ADD BIG BOOBED GIRLS GODDAMIT!

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

But Not Tonight posted:

The game takes place entirely in one tavern and you learn about the revolution from various soldiers coming and going, like an 18th century version of Cheers.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Still no update about using the French Revolutionary calendar! It's almost like the devs are intentionally avoiding it for some reason...

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Thermidor Development Schedule

1) Concept
2) Fully developed Tavern Sequence
3) Complete rest of game

As you can see we are currently in phase 2 so I don't know what else you expect them to show.

hyperdevbox
Aug 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Thermidor Development Schedule

1) Concept
2) Fully developed Tavern Sequence
3) Complete rest of game

As you can see we are currently in phase 2 so I don't know what else you expect them to show.

If you really want to know:

The past 10 months -
1) Development of concept
2) Development of game thus far (programming, 2D/3D designing, music, SFX etc')

The past 4 months -
3) Social networking, forums, website contents
4) Creating contents for crowdfunding page layout in THREE LANGUAGES (images, text, pitch videos, perks etc')
5) preparing press kits

Future -
5) Run crowdfunding campaign (at least a month)
6) Complete game (10~14 months)

Any further questions?

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Where are the New Gameplay Screenshots we were promised? :mad:

This thread continues to disappoint everyday.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I don't count posting on your Facebook, Kickstarter or the Something Awful forums as work put into the development of this game even if you are posting in three different languages.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

hyperdevbox posted:

If you can't take the banter, stay out of our forums.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

hyperdevbox posted:

I think people would be satisfied with things in progress as well. More artwork, even sketches, screenshots from the SDK, models, textures, execution machinery animations, incomplete things that show in what direction you're going, things like that. I mean, it looks like you only post final images approved by a committee that could be shown in the Steam store or something so it's understandable that there aren't that many of them ready yet.

However, this isn't a gamescon or an official press conference, we're just extremely hardcore devoted religious gamers, completely ultra-crazy about JRPGs almost to the point of mental illness, having tons and tons of fun with our trademark brand of gamer humor that we're proud of, casually chatting and sharing our thoughts on something that, who knows, may end up being the best JRPG of the year it comes out in.

So we crave for more dev involvement, like we're your best buddies and not just a sales target or something. It's like a non-stop giant sleepover here so put on your warm sleepers, grab a hot cocoa and share some secrets with your BFFs. All the teasing you get in this thread is in good intensions because these people, that I'm not afraid to call my family, just want to be your friends (some of them are mean because they were bullied in highschool, be understandable) and maybe peek into the magical process of creating games.

So please, share some stuff even if it isn't complete yet so that we understand that you actually deeply care for our collective future purchases of your game. After all, this is one of the most important gaming forums on the planet - for example Obsidian and CD Projekt Red devs regularly post here as well as the creators of The Zybourne Clock.

P.S. Also the more abuse you get the better, it means people care a whole lot or are jelly, you wouldn't like to have one of those threads that just slips into oblivion with no reaction whatsoever, trust me.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Dec 7, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
* Some people,
Others just are meanies and don't want you to live down the shame of trying to be edgelords on the somethingawful forums.
plus, lets face it, your artistic director is useless.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
The Thermidor-title music for some reason reminds me of music I've heard on my old Amiga. poo poo, that title screen even looks like it's from one of the weirder Amiga games.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
OP we need to renegotiate our contract, I just realized that this is Thermidor The Beginning, so presumably there will be Thermidor II: The Middle, and ultimately Thermidor III: L'ende, and I suddenly find myself believing that you'll just recycle my combat and AI code for the next two games without giving me my due royalties

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
the gently caress is a thermidor anyways

Is that like a really big sword?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Sdoots posted:

the gently caress is a thermidor anyways

Is that like a really big sword?

There's no swords in this game, only spears and Savate.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

hyperdevbox posted:

Lemme get this straight: you've only finished the tavern part? You have literally no other part of the game aside from some concept art and some gifs of one battle sequence (where you don't even make the tactically sound move, why did you run around in a curve just to end up just out of range of attacking :lol:) I hope you guys are better devs than gamers 'cause dang it looks like you suck

e: also the previous post was probably one of the more mature posts, I'm not howling for guillotines or being so cloyingly supportive of your poo poo game that it goes right over your head that people are mocking you, I just want you to show your work and you can't even do that

But Not Tonight fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 7, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

What is STH & AWR?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I was trying to tell my younger cousin about this amazing new game, but he refused to hear anything about it unless I could confirm that it was sufficiently "woke" and "lit". I'm not really sure what that means, but i wanted ask so i could more honestly promote this game to my friends and family

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Maybe you are answering the previous posters question, sth is the amount of woke, awr is the same for lit, and the answer is, its 50.

hyperdevbox posted:

If you really want to know:

The past 10 months -

The past 4 months -
4) Creating contents for crowdfunding page layout in THREE LANGUAGES (images, text, pitch videos, perks etc')
5) preparing press kits

Future -

Any further questions?

Wait, this is what you have after 14 months of development?
yeah, I have a question: did you loose a bet or something?
there is a thread specifically for you, in fact, read all the threads in this specific forum, because this is literally the only reason you are here, no, its not the reason you think you are here.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776981

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Maybe you should focus more on the game if this is all there is instead of so much time getting hype for something that doesn't exist. Like add the guillotine breeding.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Am I to understand that the French, inventors of the turn in place at the end of a catwalk at a fashion show, are unable to turn in place following a movement turn and can only change facing by turning and walking forward?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Gobblecoque posted:

The game takes place entirely in one tavern and you learn about the revolution from various soldiers coming and going, like an 18th century version of Cheers.

I'm down with this, French Revolutionary RecetteLeandrear: An Adventurer's Tavern's Tale is a good idea.

However I am concerned about how we'll get to see executions by means of guillotines if we are not able to leave the tavern. Unless the execution platform is just outside, of course.

See, this is what I love about these forums, even the Mo-mos are super friendly and supportive :allears:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Mister Adequate posted:

I'm down with this, French Revolutionary RecetteLeandrear: An Adventurer's Tavern's Tale is a good idea.

However I am concerned about how we'll get to see executions by means of guillotines if we are not able to leave the tavern. Unless the execution platform is just outside, of course.

This is a great idea! Execution day could be a cinematic that plays in an external video player that pops up over the game window! Then you could get more customers from all the excitement who want something to remember the day by!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

zedprime posted:

Am I to understand that the French, inventors of the turn in place at the end of a catwalk at a fashion show, are unable to turn in place following a movement turn and can only change facing by turning and walking forward?

I'm concerned that the player left their back exposed to attack (assuming that the enemies have similar move lengths)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Goons displaying a shameful lack of knowledge of the the classic "bob and weave" tactic used when engaging multiple combatants in melee.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Where I'm from we call it the ole razzledazzle

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

How long is a turn supposed to simulate? Is it like DnD 5e where it's roughly 6 seconds? Do I get an action, bonus action, and reaction along with movement?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

staberind posted:

Maybe you are answering the previous posters question, sth is the amount of woke, awr is the same for lit, and the answer is, its 50.

Wait, this is what you have after 14 months of development?
yeah, I have a question: did you loose a bet or something?
there is a thread specifically for you, in fact, read all the threads in this specific forum, because this is literally the only reason you are here, no, its not the reason you think you are here.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776981

First 14 months is the tavern and posting on something awful. Then another 14 months to complete the game.

In the second half of the game Leandre takes his second turn and moves into melee range of King's Captain. Whether he manages to hit or miss will be resolved in Thermidor: The End of the Beginning.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

hyperdevbox posted:

The past 10 months -

The past 4 months -
5) preparing press kits

Future -

Any further questions?

What determined this priority order? I am assuming Ouija board or Magic 8-Ball?

Also are you paid by salary or hourly or by post or a percentage of the final sales or how does that work?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

nopantsjack posted:

First 14 months is the tavern and posting on something awful. Then another 14 months to complete the game.

In the second half of the game Leandre takes his second turn and moves into melee range of King's Captain. Whether he manages to hit or miss will be resolved in Thermidor: The End of the Beginning.

Hmmm, I was thinking it would be more broken down into minigames where Leandre desperately searches for some kind of lube before all the kings horses and all the kings men gang-rape him.

myDad posted:

Wow, great updates! However, I am concerned that rape is a bit too "adult" of a theme, so I'm afraid I'll have to rescind the $150 USD I was prepared to contribute towards development. Any interest into this matter on your end would be greatly appreciated. TIA

The second part (entitled "mini guillotine revenge") also involves all the kings hoses and all the kings men and guillotine breeding.

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 8, 2016

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

It's like a sports bar except people go there to watch the executions on TV instead of sports

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Honestly a game where you run a tavern during some very turbulent historical times that you get a glimpse at via visitor interactions would loving own. It would work for the French Revolution but for Nazi Germany as well. There would be the progression of the historical situation changing as well and you could for example save people trying to hide from the oppression or cooperate with the government/mob etc. Running a business during oppressive times - basically a fusion of Recettear and Papers, Please! with your choices making it possible to even get you killed if you don't play things smart.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Golden Goat posted:

What is STH & AWR?

SwarTHiness

Anal Width and ciRcumference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

Anal Width and ciRcumference

AWR 50 ?
That would be goatseman-territory. Can you equip rings in this game?

• Locked thread