Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Context is important here, what was he saying before that?

He was giving a speech at Garfield HS to an assembly of student athletes working to promote healthy relationships, and wound up eventually saying when a female student's being bullied or harassed, men must "take the lead."

quote:

You guys are responsible for these young ladies. You are the captain. You are the head.

A female student basically responded with "I don't need a man in my life to tell me what I can and can't do" and Lockette retorted "you can't do everything by yourself"

What he said right before the mass walkout was literally "If your daddy wasn't there, you wouldn't be in that chair."

ed: Able to post the link now http://komonews.com/news/local/former-seahawk-ricardo-lockette-sparks-a-walkout-in-garfield-high-talk

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Dec 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

McDavid got "spotted" without showing any symptoms after slightly hitting his mouth and jaw on the ice

Maroon was right

Have you ever chinned yourself on the ice? I don't blame them for checking him out, ice will gently caress you up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chris James 2 posted:

He was giving a speech at Garfield HS to an assembly of student athletes working to promote healthy relationships, and wound up eventually saying when a female student's being bullied or harassed, men must "take the lead."

A female student basically responded with "I don't need a man in my life to tell me what I can and can't do" and Lockette retorted "you can't do everything by yourself"

What he said right before the mass walkout was literally "If your daddy wasn't there, you wouldn't be in that chair."

All of this was from KOMO News in Seattle, unable to copy paste the link at the moment

Holy poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grittybeard posted:

Have you ever chinned yourself on the ice? I don't blame them for checking him out, ice will gently caress you up.

My mom fractured her shoulder ice skating, pissed her the gently caress off because her major hobby and source of exercise is rowing and she couldn't do it for like a year or two.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I fell on ice and landed on my nose. It bled a lot.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

ed: Able to post the link now http://komonews.com/news/local/former-seahawk-ricardo-lockette-sparks-a-walkout-in-garfield-high-talk

How's that stack up to Jeff Fisher claiming the Rams' woes are due to Steadman Bailey catching three bullets?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm convinced Belichick is never going to retire and will die on the field someday because I don't think he enjoys anything else in life besides football.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

How's that stack up to Jeff Fisher claiming the Rams' woes are due to Steadman Bailey catching three bullets?

I don't know if anyone else read this three times yesterday but it's worth looking at if you didn't.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/4/13806136/jeff-fisher-rams-contract-extension-7-and-9-excuses

The guy is constantly 'well I'm not making excuses but here's an excuse.' I guess it helps that he has so many opportunities to give excuses.

e: I mean no really. Jeff Fisher got extended. This happened. How did this happen? No one knows. Team moved, must keep coach no matter what. Training camp in some bad place, like half the teams in the NFL. Coach good. Aaarrrgh.

The best defense is really "he ain't Gus Bradley" right now. I wonder what it'll be next year?

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 7, 2016

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

cheesetriangles posted:

I'm convinced Belichick is never going to retire and will die on the field someday because I don't think he enjoys anything else in life besides football.

Apparently he loves just goofing around on his boat.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

sean10mm posted:

Apparently he loves just goofing around on his boat.

"goofing around"

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know if anyone else read this three times yesterday but it's worth looking at if you didn't.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/12/4/13806136/jeff-fisher-rams-contract-extension-7-and-9-excuses

The guy is constantly 'well I'm not making excuses but here's an excuse.' I guess it helps that he has so many opportunities to give excuses.

e: I mean no really. Jeff Fisher got extended. This happened. How did this happen? No one knows. Team moved, must keep coach no matter what. Training camp in some bad place, like half the teams in the NFL. Coach good. Aaarrrgh.

The best defense is really "he ain't Gus Bradley" right now. I wonder what it'll be next year?

Well in his defense....

They HAVE been through a lot. Extension negotiations take a lot out of the team, especially when it's to extend Jeff loving Fisher.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Jeff Fisher is just a wonderful piece of performance art at this point

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

I mean yeah I have a bunch of scars, but Lucic is right that it was the NHL rushing to cover its rear end more than sincere worry

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Thy're saying it was suicide now. :smith:

:rip:

wait are we still talking about what Lockett said before his men should take the lead line?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

"goofing around"

:golfclap:

Except he's totally Trinity.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I mean yeah I have a bunch of scars, but Lucic is right that it was the NHL rushing to cover its rear end more than sincere worry

Doing the right thing for the wrong reason is...well it's fairly terrible. But concussion protocols done correctly should make a lot more people angry than they do now, whether it be football or hockey.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I don't know how old Billy Joe Tolliver is now, but Jeff Fisher should bring that guy back to play QB.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

haljordan posted:

I don't know how old Billy Joe Tolliver is now, but Jeff Fisher should bring that guy back to play QB.

50, but he won the American Century Championship (an annual celeb golf tournament) just 3 years ago, so hell I'd say at least give him a tryout at this point

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

nerve posted:

nobody was on a bye week 12
someone already pointed this out to me a few pages ago ;)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Skwirl posted:

My mom fractured her shoulder ice skating, pissed her the gently caress off because her major hobby and source of exercise is rowing and she couldn't do it for like a year or two.

I broke my leg because I thought skating while hammered was a fine idea

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chichevache posted:

From the last N/V, but I'd be remiss if I didn't call Fiz out for this.

Fiz, are you really throwing shade on Dwayne Bowe for owning a strip club and marrying a dancer? You know your QB did the same thing, and then named his loving kid "Chosen", right?

Isn't coming from nothing and marrying a hot stripper basically the American dream?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My all time favorite Jets things, possibly top 5 NFL thing ever is "And with their pick, the Jets draft fullback..." Goon from the crowd: "OH GOD NO!"

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 7, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Dream bigger.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Chichevache posted:

Dream bigger titties.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

whiteyfats posted:

My all time favorite Jets things, possibly top 5 NFL thing ever is "And with their pick, the Jets draft tight end..." Goon from the crowd: "OH GOD NO!"

jets_draft_history.mpg is one of the best YouTube videos period.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

I'll take small titties if it means tight bums.

If this is too off topic you can pretend I'm talking o line.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whiteyfats posted:

My all time favorite Jets things, possibly top 5 NFL thing ever is "And with their pick, the Jets draft tight end..." Goon from the crowd: "OH GOD NO!"

It was worse than that. "The Jets draft fullback"

Even with how the game has changed since then that's really all you needed to hear for the Oh Noooo!

e: video I'd completely forgotten the "We want Sapp" chant

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Dec 7, 2016

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grittybeard posted:

It was worse than that. "The Jets draft fullback"

Even with how the game has changed since then that's really all you needed to hear for the Oh Noooo!

e: video I'd completely forgotten the "We want Sapp" chant

Thanks, and fixed!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

He called it a man's league in the context of "who cares about concussions"

...oh boy

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

E

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 7, 2016

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

we have to continue talking about this photo of Dwayne Bowe.

Their christmas cards must be something else.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Cash Monet posted:

At least he won't have problems dropping them off at the post office

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
JPP more like RIP.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Cash Monet posted:

Christmas miracles come true if you just stop ho ho hoeing, bitches!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Players of the week

AFC
O - Andrew Luck
D - Eric Berry
S - Stephen Gostkowski
NFC
O - David Johnson
D - Akiem Hicks
S - Matt Prater

Hecker should probably have won NFC ST player. He's probably the only reason the Patriots didn't win by 50

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

According to the Chicago Tribune's Mike Mulligan, John Fox will return for a third season as the Bears' coach in 2017.

After going 6-10 in his first season with Chicago, Fox has guided the Bears to a 3-9 mark through 12 games this year. The loss of OC Adam Gase has been substantial, and the promotion of QBs coach Dowell Loggains hasn't panned out. But according to Mulligan, word is Bears DC Vic Fangio is the one who won't be back. Fangio is probably the Bears' best coach on their entire staff, and the defensive issues have mostly been due to a lack of talent in the secondary and a rash of injuries in the front-seven. Fox is unlikely to turn this thing around in Chicago.

Purging coaches that could threaten him is basically classic John Fox.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Gynecolojustice posted:

- Dwayne Bowe has a brother named Wayne Bowe

This is the most delightful fact ever. This makes my day.

Imagine how much confusion that caused.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Just what we need, The Patriot Way in the White House:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The One Minute Manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

Just what we need, The Patriot Way in the White House:

Belichick literally does the opposite of this.

• Locked thread