Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Yea we gotta practice it up some more. However I'll be working a 3am - 3pm shift this week sooo I won't be on until the weekend

Yeah I won't be around until the weekend either. If you see me playing, hit me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Man, I thought you guys were wrong about the artillery truck at first but I just went 30-1 on Sinai and I was missing lots of shots because I don't have the bullet drop down yet. Sweet spot seems to be between 100-150m away from target for me.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
IMO the sweet spot is 10m in front of me

or under the treads :unsmigghh:

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

mellowjournalism posted:

IMO the sweet spot is 10m in front of me

or under the treads :unsmigghh:

It's true, you play REALLY far forward in that thing. Somehow it works. If I try it, I'm dead in 2 minutes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Elliptical Dick posted:

Man, I thought you guys were wrong about the artillery truck at first but I just went 30-1 on Sinai and I was missing lots of shots because I don't have the bullet drop down yet. Sweet spot seems to be between 100-150m away from target for me.

I tried to hurt an arty truck with HE mortars once.

Haha.

:(

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

This is great simply because they couldn't even line the wheels up with the tracks. Or is that an extra wheel to make sure it slaughters anyone under it?

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

What is that stupid red symbol from? I see it all of the time.

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
God drat a bad pubbie squad can really ruin your poo poo. I was going for the Assault medal dynamite kills on Empire's Edge and the enemy was piled behind one of the metal doors that leads to a bunker. I throw down my dynamite, press the plunger, and then my squad mate that has not done anything somehow decides to drop a mortar, detonating my dynamite and getting a 5-person multikill. Then I got shot in the head with an antitank launcher and decided to quit.

Ahhhhhhhh

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Posted without comment

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Mediocre results but fun times tonight pskrew. I am consistently reeeeeal good at dying, what tends to swing my rounds is whether I can kill to keep up with it.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Mediocre results but fun times tonight pskrew. I am consistently reeeeeal good at dying, what tends to swing my rounds is whether I can kill to keep up with it.

Yes it was fun even though it seemed we were alone on the servers with just the enemy.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Are there platoons yet or is this like WW1 where entire male populations of cities died when a ship sank and they don't let people mix from different states

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
What do you mean "is this like WWI"?

Yes. Yes it is.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

moist turtleneck posted:

Are there platoons yet or is this like WW1 where entire male populations of cities died when a ship sank and they don't let people mix from different states

it's ridiculous that your party can be 8 people but the squads are limited to 5. Just let parties be in a squad of 8, i.e. reward teamwork, :dice:

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Fingers McGee posted:

What is that stupid red symbol from? I see it all of the time.

one of the early enlister emblems for the deluxe edition

there's also the Hellfighter emblem for pre-ordering

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I'm not getting those alternate Behemoth skins, but I paid all the money for all the things. Do I have to do something specific to activate them?

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok that makes sense, thanks. It looks like it was trying to be a face of some sort.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Just played a conquest where our zeppelin didn't move after being deployed. How can you spawn as the driver with a giant ship's wheel in front of you and not try to drive the thing?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just saw a plane do the zeppelin spin in the middle of A on Sinai. Infinite rotation!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
My friends, this is how you mortar

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Last time I tried to use the arty truck some asshat on my team sat on top so if I shot I took damage. Just thought I'd pass along that great tip for trolling, because :iamafag:

I never see any goons on when I am, but if anybody does join me, send me a message so I can hook up the mic, I don't play with it connected.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I forgot to save a clip because it was mostly ineffective and I fell off when I crouched, but you know the one man mini tank? You can ride on top of it. With a flamethrower. It is awesome.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

This rules.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Yeah it does.

If I tried that poo poo though, I'd get shot in the head by a sniper after the first miss.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Why is there a message telling me I'm quitting the match? Just quit the loving match! How can a company be this bad at making the only thing they make after this long and building it from the ground up?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Not sure

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
dang if we didn't have 8 goons in a party tonight for at least one game, that was a lot of fun.

Except when we had to hump our entire team through that operation. jesus those guys were bad.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Snak posted:

Yeah it does.

If I tried that poo poo though, I'd get shot in the head by a sniper after the first miss.

Well that cavalry unit nearly chopped my head off at the end. But yes it did rule :coal:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

If I want to play a specific map, is there a good way to make sure I'm joining a server that just started the round? Right now I'm just filtering by region, map, and 1-10 open slots and almost always end up in a server where the score is in the 800s.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Dinosaurs! posted:

If I want to play a specific map, is there a good way to make sure I'm joining a server that just started the round? Right now I'm just filtering by region, map, and 1-10 open slots and almost always end up in a server where the score is in the 800s.

My best tip is to learn the map rotation and play the map before.

Or look for a server with that map 24/7, there's got to be custom servers by now.

shomakkaa
Apr 5, 2011

A somewhat filthy way to blitz the start of Ballroom Blitz - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvUw84oFdjU

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

On Xbox at least, I think it's actually faster to close the game and restart it rather than use :dice:'s quit button if you want to switch servers. :ughh:

Same deal for PS4 - definitely faster to close the game and restart.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Where's the Gamertag thread? Add FunkyTechnician if ya'll wanna play sometime :tipshat:

TenaciousTomato fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Dec 8, 2016

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I'm trying to do the 5 LMG kills in one life and man I am not that good. A good round for me is 1:1 k/d ratio, the only way I've got close is cheesing it by lying in the weeds near an objective, but by the third kill your cover is blown and you get one-shotted by a sniper. Maybe hardcore with no kill cam and more damage would be easier to cheese it?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

:siren:Join the X Bone Krew Slack Channel by sending me a PM with your email address. This will allow you to say funny things to people that don't care:siren:

IF YOU'RE BONE MATERIAL THEN FILL OUT THIS FORM SO WE CAN PLAY TOGETHER AND SUCH
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6UZ_OPbPuKJC2rEuD_W_UdLiCv5U5J3k0_wJteJQaUQL6ug/viewform

XBox One Krew Sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q5RGA4T1K-6HJ3AYoDgPOelmVnb0M61cXImSqJLmYGs/edit?usp=sharing

:siren:IF YOU'RE PS4 MAKE A COOL FORM OR SOMETHING AND I'LL PUT IT IN HERE:siren:

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I'm afraid your eyes may be malfunctioning (battlegoons community)
PS4 GOONS USE THIS ^^^^^^^^^

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Got it done. Camped a rooftop on Suez TDM. Don't need to play as support for a while now! (now I need to work on killing scouts as a scout. Much better)

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPS7ggNEJn4

A grenade crossbow?! I can only hope for something close to the BF3 Xbow.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Auxiliary Treats posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPS7ggNEJn4

A grenade crossbow?! I can only hope for something close to the BF3 Xbow.

Ooooo, nice. That's the village from the first War Story, possibly reshuffled a bit. My guess is the crashed zep is along the ridge between the sneaky sneaky stealth section, and the big tank battle at the railyard. If you, for some reason, haven't played the single-player, then now is the time to do so to get the lay of the land.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Parkingtigers posted:

Ooooo, nice. That's the village from the first War Story, possibly reshuffled a bit. My guess is the crashed zep is along the ridge between the sneaky sneaky stealth section, and the big tank battle at the railyard. If you, for some reason, haven't played the single-player, then now is the time to do so to get the lay of the land.

Yeah when I played that chapter , I was thinking this is a rather huge set piece that should be incorporated into a multiplayer map.

That one Australian story where you're a runner in the village could make a great map as well just would need to be expanded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You're not getting me to play a battlefield single player. They could mail you a free $20 debit card upon completion and I'd still pass.