Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
oh yeah, I can't wait. Switch is going to be #1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
Why is nobody mentioning Cubivore?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

:cawg: haha that's a good one

Rudoku posted:

You say that like the Gamecube version wasn't the only good Chibi Robo game released in the US.
I don't mean to imply they're bad games. They're just less popular.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

irlZaphod posted:

I've never played an F-Zero game but I still love the rant that was posted here years ago about GX's Story mode.

It was great since the part where the dude really starts going crazy about was coded specifically that the player HAD to be in second/third place and boost ahead to first at the last second. Play the story mission perfectly and the AI would just boost ahead and win.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Jables88 posted:

I love that game, have beaten it 3 times, and I've no idea what you are referring to here.

Edit: A Gamecube VC would be quite a big deal to me. A tactical release of Mario Sunshine to pad out their lineup seems pretty much guaranteed.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think maybe he means stuff like the freakout effects based on CRT TV menus? It still strange as hell, and most of them mess with in-game stuff rather than the "TV".

Yeah, I'm saying that from what I remember several of the insanity effects are very GameCube-specific, like the CRT TV stuff and the Memory Card things. Most of them would be fine, but I do think it would be a little off without alerting some of the effects into Switch-equivalents. Fake 'low battery" or 'the Switch has become disconnected from the dock' messages and stuff.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Reiley posted:

A lot of people have been wondering about the future of their favorite games. Well, let's just say the answer "melee've" you speechless ;)

https://twitter.com/AllGamesDelta/status/806477521097228292

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like that the report says the company behind the NES Classic design is in charge of virtual console this time. Good, their emulation and presentation was so much better than anything Nintendo has put out before.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I never played Luigi's Mansion but freaking LOVED Dark Moon so I'm pretty excited about that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Remember the days of PS2 dominance?

Nintendo has been preparing for their return to the championships. I've never played Gamecube games. This is going to change :D

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Oh man, if they can get them running at least at 720p natively, I'll be happy. Portable Pikmin, please. :pray:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Eternal Darkness yes pls.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Let's hope Nintendo has the full rights to it. I could see that slimy gently caress Dennis Dyack hold it up just to be a prick.

And I hope Cubivore ends up on it. Europe never got that. Instead they gave us Doshin the Giant, a poo poo version of Black & White.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Seriously Nintendo TTYD 1080p.

Cash. Money.

e: Or just make an actual Paper Mario 3. Even more cash money.

It'll sell 2 million like all the rest, that's good but not going to make a console.

At least, it would've sold that much (the last two, Sticker Star especially did a pretty bang-up job of damaging that particular brand).

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lodin posted:

Let's hope Nintendo has the full rights to it. I could see that slimy gently caress Dennis Dyack hold it up just to be a prick.

And I hope Cubivore ends up on it. Europe never got that. Instead they gave us Doshin the Giant, a poo poo version of Black & White.

Cubiovre is a game about the realities of organic animals trapped in continuous cycle of death and rebirth.

Doshin the Giant had a sequel (?) where you drowned the world in piss or something I don't quite remember. All I remember reading was that piss was involved.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I initially thought Nintendo was sort of crazy to release this system in March (and away from the holiday rush) because initial sales and perception seem to be absolutely critical to the company at this time...but after seeing how badly the NES classic release has gone I think it's actually a great thing they are waiting.

Nintendo being Nintendo will surely make sure there is a scarcity of these at launch and the hardcores (like myself) can keep buying them as quick as retailers stock them, so the system will appear to be hot even if it happens to just be Nintendo nuts doing the purchasing. Given the time is in March though, you won't have all the casual Christmas shoppers getting pissed about not being able to get one. When holiday season 2017 actually does roll around, the supply will presumably be high enough to satiate the demand for all the parents looking to buy little Jimmy his Switch. The line-up should also be really stout by then so the PS4-Xbox people looking to try one out should be able to get one easily enough as well.

Again though, Nintendo being Nintendo I wouldn't be shocked if they horribly mangle the supply allocations as they often do. Unlike in the past though where these shortages happen with years in between to coincide with system launches, the NES classic debacle will be fresh on everyone's minds. People will understand if it's not available at and right around launch; if it continues to be impossible to get throughout the first year that would be a massive mistake. Doing it twice within 6 months when they really need the public/publisher good will AND the sales would, to me, be pretty inexcusable from a business standpoint.

It sure would be nice if they'd just allow pre-orders (you know, one of the only times that pre-ordering actually makes sense) but I'm not holding my breath on that.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

TheKingofSprings posted:

It'll sell 2 million like all the rest, that's good but not going to make a console.

At least, it would've sold that much (the last two, Sticker Star especially did a pretty bang-up job of damaging that particular brand).

Color Splash was great and got positive reviews.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

VideoGames posted:

I've never played Gamecube games. This is going to change :D

insanely hosed up username/post combo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

greatn posted:

Color Splash was great and got positive reviews.

It's also sold and is likely going to keep selling pretty badly! I don't know what the tail is like on Mario game sales beyond it generally being pretty favourable but the sales so far for it have been pretty dire.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Skies of Arcadia Legends VC please!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

I dunno what you'd call doing so bad you need to scrap the entire thing in the middle of a console generation and try again with a new one, but, yeah, fail sounds about right.

The most successful system of this gen is the 3DS, though?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's also sold and is likely going to keep selling pretty badly! I don't know what the tail is like on Mario game sales beyond it generally being pretty favourable but the sales so far for it have been pretty dire.

Well it was on the WiiU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Tatsuta Age posted:

insanely hosed up username/post combo

You have no idea :smith:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Sunshine probably would've benefitted more than most from a full remaster rather than a rerelease. The 30 FPS and 4x3 aspect ratio leaves it looking and feeling much more dated than Galaxy, which is also 480p, but widescreen and 60FPS.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Man I hope they give Sunshine Splatoon's control scheme.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah, a 720p or 1080p 60fps widescreen version, with skippable cutscenes, persistent blue coins over different stage iterations(so you can find it no matter which act you enter), better tracking of those things, automated background saving without pausing gameplay, and some of the bonus shines and travel to get to those events revamped(leaf river, pachinko to name a couple) would greatly improve the game.

And yeah, splatoon controls would be great.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Super Paper Mario is the only good one because they ditched the bullshit JRPG combat system. :grin:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

agreed choice is a bad thing

having the choice to buy whatever sony, nintendo or microsoft games u want on your one console is good imo

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Stux posted:

having the choice to buy whatever sony, nintendo or microsoft games u want on your one console is good imo

This would cause complete stagnation in console development and the advancement of games. Competition is good in consumer electronics.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I didn't think there would be a major Nintendo flagship game I'd want to replay less than Twilight Princess, but yeah Mario Sunshine fills that spot nicely.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

greatn posted:

This would cause complete stagnation in console development and the advancement of games. Competition is good in consumer electronics.

ps1/ps2 was a generation of sony and no one else and it was the best ever

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

greatn posted:

I too live in a world where PC gaming doesn't exist and isn't constantly pushing technology forward.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

I too live in a world where PC gaming doesn't exist and isn't constantly pushing technology forward.

thank god amd keep intel and nvidia on their toes in the pc gaming field imo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

greatn posted:

Well it was on the WiiU

And TTYD was on the GameCube.

Something like 1 in every 10 GameCube owners owned TTYD, I don't see that happening for Color Splash.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I don't own color splash but I will probably get it for Christmas because I'm 30 years old and I still ask my parents to buy me Mario games.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Man I hope they give Sunshine Splatoon's control scheme.
A gyro-aimed FLUDD? I guess it could work, though I can't imagine they do that since you won't be guaranteed to have the screen in your hands.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Stux posted:

Drunk posting is against forum rules fyi

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
PC gaming is a race to the bottom that is killing creative games from major studios and making it only feasible for them to shovel out repetitive "safe" AAA garbage, and also exciting innovative indie developers who have to live off of scraps and begging people to please pay them for their games by bundling them with other stuff you may or may not want. Please spend $800 for a rig that can play modern games with decent settings and be obsolete in three years unless you continuously update it, while desperate developers move their resources to cash grab mobile titles. Give all your money to valve for games you mostly don't even play because they were on sale.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

I never had a Playstation 1. It was in fact entirely possible to miss and still be playing a lot of video games, because I did that

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CrashCat posted:

A gyro-aimed FLUDD? I guess it could work, though I can't imagine they do that since you won't be guaranteed to have the screen in your hands.

The gyro is in the joycons my main man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The winning move with PC gaming is to spend $200 every few years to update your rig and play great games from 2 years ago on max settings after you buy them for $5. I look forward to buying Witcher 3 for probably $5 or less next year and I have more than enough games to keep going until then thanks to my friend Nintendo.

• Locked thread