Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm so glad we got to see Wally having fun just being the Flash this episode! I don't hate melodrama as much as some people here do -- I think the Cisco stuff is quite good honestly -- but Wally being sidelined by everyone was incredibly annoying, and he was super cute tonight.

I do worry about his longevity, because I can see there being more weirdness in the future about there being two good speedsters in the world, but let's hope the writers aren't dumb enough that they can't figure that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

DoctorWhat posted:

Wally isn't gonna fall. If Wally OR Iris dies, I quit.

I quit Arrow when Laurel died, I will do this.

Arrow is better than Wally.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Can Savitar only do poo poo when the box is open? Seal it in concrete, drop it into the ocean. Or throw it into space.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Xealot posted:

Can Savitar only do poo poo when the box is open? Seal it in concrete, drop it into the ocean. Or throw it into space.

Too easy, speedforce it bro

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Here is what to do. Take Felicity off of Arrow and put her on this show as love interest and Cisco. She won't have the same problems here since Barry doesn't have any secrets to keep from her. Bring over Lance as well, who now gains super speed and thus can't get drunk. Reverse Alchemy Black Siren to make her Laurel, send her back to Arrow. Send Cisco to Arrow to be the new Felicity where he's cool cause Arrow never killed his brother. Cisco I'd Laurels love interest. Send Iris to be Oliver's new love interest. Send Joe to legends of tomorrow so he's not around to be overprotective everything and everyone. They make use of his time intuition. Bring Jax back to Flash to be Caitlin's love interest, make the other half of firestorm Lance. Forget what I said about Lance getting super speed earlier. Professor Stein becomes the Sandman.

Ok, shows fixed.

greatn fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Dec 7, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Felicity is fine now, Barry can keep his broken Cisco.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I'm just not sold on the wisdom of throwing a speed god directly into the speedforce.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
My bet:

Betrayer: H.R. (it's interesting to note Savitar referred to him as "fake Wells" so something is up there.)
Fall: Cisco or Caitlin ("fall" doesn't necessarily mean death, it could be a fall from grace)
Fate worse than death: Barry

DoctorWhat posted:

If they bring Laurel back I'll watch, my guy, but I'm sick of lady-type characters getting killed for shock value and I'm SUPER DUPER ULTRA SICK of people HOPING for love interests they find "annoying" to get killed off.
Interviews have hinted that she'll come back to life around the midseason premiere, which is annoying as gently caress because it's Sara all over again (dies and comes back between one season.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They really needed someone reacting to Wells being called fake.

Even if they brush it off as him saying that because this isn't Earth 2 Wells or something, the characters should acknowledge it or they look like idiots.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

They really needed someone reacting to Wells being called fake.

Even if they brush it off as him saying that because this isn't Earth 2 Wells or something, the characters should acknowledge it or they look like idiots.

ehhhhhhhhh I feel like the whole reveal there was that he knew the team and their dynamic, so calling out that it wasn't the "real" Harrison Wells was more about saying "I've got your number and know you imported this guy from an alternate dimension" than it was saying "hey there's something up with this guy wink wink".

It was like "you guys literally have no secrets from me, to the extent that I know your futures mother fuckers"

Also I think HR is way too obvious for betrayer, I am going to put him down for "fall" because they have an established way to bring in more Wellses and I think it would be cheap as hell to kill off Wally or Iris. Caitlin as betrayer has already been covered as well, so I think it will be Cisco getting messed with by the stone again, or maybe even Wally since he got his powers from the stone and might have some kind of Manchurian Candidate trigger from his time in the cocoon.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

maybe this is what Future Barry's message in Legends was referring to, him changing time by punking Savitar in some way that fucks up the present pretty badly

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Well one of the bad things can definitely happen to Joe's new girlfriend.

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style
Sorry if I am misunderstanding what I saw last night or am forgetting something that might have been plainly explained but I need some clarity if it can be reached at this point.

So Savitar is pissed at Barry for throwing him into the speedforce. So Barry and Jay decide, "let's throw the rock that is clearly Savitar into the speedforce to get rid of him." So is this another time that Barry has thrown him in the speedforce or is this actually the original time Barry throws him in the speedforce that got Savitar all pissed off. And if this is to be considered his original dumping of Savitar does that mean he ends up coming out of the speedforce in the ancient past to eventually have Draco find him?

Ok, time travel discussion headache setting in better wrap this up; so since Savitar is a transformer for some reason, already hates Barry and knows everything about everyone on team Flash does that mean rather than being the first person with super speed he is just some jackass from the future that Barry sent to the past? Has Barry achieved the perfection of an infinite time loop of loving everything up?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Writh posted:

Sorry if I am misunderstanding what I saw last night or am forgetting something that might have been plainly explained but I need some clarity if it can be reached at this point.

So Savitar is pissed at Barry for throwing him into the speedforce. So Barry and Jay decide, "let's throw the rock that is clearly Savitar into the speedforce to get rid of him." So is this another time that Barry has thrown him in the speedforce or is this actually the original time Barry throws him in the speedforce that got Savitar all pissed off. And if this is to be considered his original dumping of Savitar does that mean he ends up coming out of the speedforce in the ancient past to eventually have Draco find him?

Ok, time travel discussion headache setting in better wrap this up; so since Savitar is a transformer for some reason, already hates Barry and knows everything about everyone on team Flash does that mean rather than being the first person with super speed he is just some jackass from the future that Barry sent to the past? Has Barry achieved the perfection of an infinite time loop of loving everything up?

I think the implication was that Barry imprisoned him in the stone (which might itself be some sort of conduit for his "trapped in the speed force" self anyway). It was definitely a future Barry that defeated him causing him to be "trapped" in the stone centuries in the past, this is not that time because we haven't seen a "free" Savitar yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Writh posted:

It's likely not the time Savitar's referring to. Jay says Savitar only shows up when speedsters reach a level that's threatening to him.

So he probably went after future confident, powerful Flash. But he lost, so now he's going after Murder Idiot Flash to prevent him from becoming the Flash that can beat him.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Stunt Rock posted:

I'm just not sold on the wisdom of throwing a speed god directly into the speedforce.

Yea that was my biggest problem with this episode. I don't get how you can possibly think throwing that in the speedforce is a good choice. Obviously this is going to lead to everything bad happening later on and be another Barry moment of poor decision making.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So, how does Savitar get outta the speed stream? Does he show the Speedforce its dead relative and get it to open the box?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Let's put him in a magic prison you can't escape unless you can run really fast.

Also the prison is made of run really fast fuel.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Barry and Wally should run to the dragon Ball Z dimension and get some potaro earrings to fuse their power.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Xoom goes around every dimension he can killing speedsters and Savitar doesn't care. Barry fumblefucks up one timeline and Savitar comes knocking?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Xealot posted:

These are Jumanji rules man, as Cisco pointed out, the box wants to be found.

The real problem is that they can do whatever they want with the box but it won't change poo poo, they didn't "win". Savitar said he was put in the box by Barry in the future, so why are they so concerned with preventing the box from re-opening? What they really should've done is figure out how the box works so that they could skip all the crazy poo poo that's going to happen and just lock him in the box when he shows up in the future.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

What if Savitar is Barry? Not "I am the future, Flash" but "I am the future Flash"

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Barry and Wally are still alive because the god of speed decided to advance on them very, very slowly.

Also, because Barry can't die since he's the protagonist and all, but come on.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know much about the comic version of him, but after seeing a few photos of comics Savitar all I can think of is Ultimate Warrior and how much better he would be in the show if it was just an Ultimate Warrior ripoff.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Greyhawk posted:

What if Savitar is Barry? Not "I am the future, Flash" but "I am the future Flash"

That occurred to me, too. Especially after all the stress on how he was the first speedster.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

I don't know much about the comic version of him, but after seeing a few photos of comics Savitar all I can think of is Ultimate Warrior and how much better he would be in the show if it was just an Ultimate Warrior ripoff.

Well the back of the dude they had playing him pre-CGI face was jacked as hell, so maybe!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

ElCondemn posted:

These are Jumanji rules man, as Cisco pointed out, the box wants to be found.

The real problem is that they can do whatever they want with the box but it won't change poo poo, they didn't "win". Savitar said he was put in the box by Barry in the future, so why are they so concerned with preventing the box from re-opening? What they really should've done is figure out how the box works so that they could skip all the crazy poo poo that's going to happen and just lock him in the box when he shows up in the future.
Or they could just keep the box in Star Labs? Lock it up and throw away the key. They know now what Savitar does after all.

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style

lotus circle posted:

Or they could just keep the box in Star Labs? Lock it up and throw away the key. They know now what Savitar does after all.

Barry could locate an alternate earth where the planet is a dead husk with absolutely no life and speed phase the box into the side of a mountain and go home.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

Xoom goes around every dimension he can killing speedsters and Savitar doesn't care. Barry fumblefucks up one timeline and Savitar comes knocking?

Savitar would have probably pushed Zoom's poo poo in no matter how fast he got. Barry is a bigger threat because he could possibly erase Savitar from existence by going back in time and sneezing on Buddha or something.

Note: I'm just devil's advocating here. I do not give one honest poo poo about this show's plot holes. Fun does not have to make sense all the time.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
I just like that Barry used his speed to learn poo poo instead of being a complete dumbass (yes I know it didn't help but still, Ollie told him he has the time to be prepared for every loving thing but I guess he spends all day being an idiot or what I don't even)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone remember when they did that gimmick really early on where Barry would visualise features of crime scenes (e.g. tire tracks, footprints) in white dotted-lines? Just popped unbidden into my head when I sat down to watch the latest episode. :D

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barry hasn't done his job more than once or twice in 2 seasons, and once only to steal evidence.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Barry hasn't done his job more than once or twice in 2 seasons, and once only to steal evidence.

Yes we know, Julian give it a rest already. :science:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bozart posted:

I just like that Barry used his speed to learn poo poo instead of being a complete dumbass (yes I know it didn't help but still, Ollie told him he has the time to be prepared for every loving thing but I guess he spends all day being an idiot or what I don't even)

He's said before that speed reading like that only works short term and that it doesn't stick.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
So speed read to find the book or chapter that matters and then read it at regular speed or I don't know ask cisco to make non lethal bean bags he can just throw at people instead of standing around waitingto get shot argh

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Just wanted to say that I'm liking Savitar a lot more than Zoom right now. He's not a loving bonkers nutcase idiot screwing with people for lulz, his identity isn't some big mystery, he has a clear agenda and a reason for holding a grudge and, while obviously very powerful, also has a HUGE limiting factor preventing him from carrying out said agenda. He makes sense, in other words. I like it when baddies make sense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Candace Patton's wardrobe this episode was fuckin on point.

And what the hell happened towards the end there, Keiynan Lonsdale did a [perfect Joe West impression. I was floored, he might actually grow into this role.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Every time they lock someone in one of their Science Jailcells I just keep focusing on how there's no bathroom in it.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Wheat Loaf posted:

Does anyone remember when they did that gimmick really early on where Barry would visualise features of crime scenes (e.g. tire tracks, footprints) in white dotted-lines? Just popped unbidden into my head when I sat down to watch the latest episode. :D
I miss when Barry did his job in general. They basically just use the CSI position as a setting backdrop for when they want to meet somewhere that isn't STAR Labs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Knormal posted:

Every time they lock someone in one of their Science Jailcells I just keep focusing on how there's no bathroom in it.

That's a pretty standard thing in movies and TV. They never have practical jail cells.

• Locked thread