Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

fsif posted:

Just what we need, The Patriot Way in the White House:

there is no greater proof that i need to be able to say that Donald Trump has never had personal written contact with Bill Belichick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chiefs win at Atlanta following win at Denver, slide down ESPN poll.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol if you still take power rankings seriously

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Michigan's Jake Butt wins award for top tight end.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't think it's that wrong. Gronk gets away with things lesser players would be/are sanctioned for, and Brady is... well, he's a company dude, but they give him time off practice away from the team because he's Tom Brady.

But it's something great coaches do with great players. Way back when he was with the Giants, Belichick avoided checking on LT on curfew because he was out beating prostitutes with chair legs, but he'd always show up for games.

Jimmy Johnson famously said the rules apply to everyone, except for Irvin, Emmitt and Aikman, and if you want the same, then be as good as they are.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

kiimo posted:

Oh no, they might not be in the top 4 and miss the CFP.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

I don't think it's that wrong. Gronk gets away with things lesser players would be/are sanctioned for, and Brady is... well, he's a company dude, but they give him time off practice away from the team because he's Tom Brady.

But it's something great coaches do with great players. Way back when he was with the Giants, Belichick avoided checking on LT on curfew because he was out beating prostitutes with chair legs, but he'd always show up for games.

Jimmy Johnson famously said the rules apply to everyone, except for Irvin, Emmitt and Aikman, and if you want the same, then be as good as they are.

I refuse to agree with Donald Trump.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I refuse to agree with Donald Trump.

If it makes you feel better, Belichick is infamous for nitpicking the poo poo out of Brady's game tape in front of everyone like he does to everyone else.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Matt Prater wins NFC Special Teams Player of the Week for the third week in a row. Barry Sanders is the only other Lion to have three Player of the Week awards in a season. :cheers:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

ESPN and pretty much all sports media are garbage assholes.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

I got curious so went and looked. I liked the blurb about how the pix six and pick 2 were them just winning the lottery and dumb luck and not having skill players at/in the right positions.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

I got curious so went and looked. I liked the blurb about how the pix six and pick 2 were them just winning the lottery and dumb luck and not having skill players at/in the right positions.

The same guy definitely didn't have a pick six last month too.

And the Chiefs definitely don't lead the league in turnovers.

It's alllll luck.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Speaking of, DVOA: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2016/week-13-dvoa-ratings

Patriots are #1, but are the weakest #1 ever, and are so weak that only two years since '89 have a #3 team as low as they are, and most years have between 5-8 teams better.

The top 7 offensive teams are really bad on D

1. Falcons: 28th
2. Cowboys: 26th
3. Patriots: 19th
4. Raiders: 22nd
5. Saints: 25th
6. Washington 23rd
7. Titans 24th

and vice versa:

1. Broncos: 24th
2. Ravens 27th
3. Cardinals 26th
4. Eagles 22nd
5. Seahawks 13th
6. Vikings 25th
7. Giants 19th

Also... the Titans are the 7th best offense in football?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

No Butt Stuff posted:

The same guy definitely didn't have a pick six last month too.

And the Chiefs definitely don't lead the league in turnovers.

It's alllll luck.

You guys should get mad about it and click on it a bunch and share it on forums so other people do that too

That'll show them

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

Exotic Smashmouth

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kalli posted:

TITANS BITCH

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

You guys should get mad about it and click on it a bunch and share it on forums so other people do that too

That'll show them

I don't read power rankings because why would I?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

FizFashizzle posted:

Purging coaches that could threaten him is basically classic John Fox.

If Fangio doesn't come back it better be due to him getting poached, holy poo poo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Believe it or not there was a time Mike McCoy was a big up and coming head coaching prospect.

He was gently pushed out of the way in favor of Jeff Davidson, who was the spiro agnew to Fox's Nixon.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Dr. Z's power rankings back 10-15 years ago were awesome and I won't hear differently. Helped make computer lab back in HS go by pretty quick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Power rankings are meant to spark discussion sorry for discussing them. But seriously seven is too low for the Chiefs also power rankings are fun but I'll try to keep it more serious.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Power rankings are also highly subjective so there's no reason to get worked up about the Chiefs slipping down a spot to 7

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bowles told media and fans Fitz was benched before he told Fitz

Just
Endure
The
Suffering

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
16th ranked defense.
30th ranked offense.

Sure. Totally makes sense to launch your experienced and well liked DC while giving Dowell loving Loggains another chance. John Fox you turd rear end pud.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Power rankings are also highly subjective so there's no reason to get worked up about the Chiefs slipping down a spot to 7

Disrespect is a powerful tool.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I will say it has been fun watching the Bucs climb up the power rankings week to week

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

kiimo posted:

Power rankings are meant to spark discussion sorry for discussing them. But seriously seven is too low for the Chiefs also power rankings are fun but I'll try to keep it more serious.

7 is about right for KC

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also if I sound worked up it isn't because the power rankings it's because I'm posting from my car during rush hour and there's a spider somewhere in this car. It was on my shoulder and was walking on my shoulder and is now around somewhere so basically it's the end times

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ST/Defensive scores are pretty drat unsustainable, especially against better teams, which is why they're considered flukey.

Yeah Eric Berry was in the perfect place to eat that awful flat pass on the 2 point conversion. But that's why the Raiders throw fades to Crabtree there or the Cowboys throw your entire defensive front seven to the ground or the Patriots run pick plays (or the Seahawks :v:), where even if you dominate and intercept it, you ain't in a position to run that back.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

ST/Defensive scores are pretty drat unsustainable, especially against better teams, which is why they're considered flukey.

Yeah Eric Berry was in the perfect place to eat that awful flat pass on the 2 point conversion. But that's why the Raiders throw fades to Crabtree there or the Cowboys throw your entire defensive front seven to the ground or the Patriots run pick plays (or the Seahawks :v:), where even if you dominate and intercept it, you ain't in a position to run that back.

The Falcons are as bad on 2 point conversions as they are on 4th and 1. They bad. Real bad.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Raiders have attempted 6 2-poont conversions this year and made 5 of them. At this point don't even bother kicking imo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No idea if this is actually true but they just said on the radio Derek carr has never won a game below 40°

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

No idea if this is actually true but they just said on the radio Derek carr has never won a game below 40°

His mascara will freeze his eyes shut.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

... you know, I should look into that, I wonder how often ST/defensive scores happen in playoff games compare to regular season games.

I can think of a bunch of famous ones, but they don't even add up to a Blake Bortles worth.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

... you know, I should look into that, I wonder how often ST/defensive scores happen in playoff games compare to regular season games.

I can think of a bunch of famous ones, but they don't even add up to a Blake Bortles worth.

I can think of one that happened about 7 seconds in to a playoff game.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Cash Monet posted:

Their birthday cakes must be something else.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

The Giants - Ravens Superbowl had the back to back kick returns and the Raiders - Buccaneers superbowl had like a billion defensive scores for some mysterious reason.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I can think of one that ended a playoff game :riker:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Kalli posted:

The Giants - Ravens Superbowl had the back to back kick returns and the Raiders - Buccaneers superbowl had like a billion defensive scores for some mysterious reason.

Devin Hester's opening kick return gets forgotten too often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

Speaking of, DVOA: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2016/week-13-dvoa-ratings

Patriots are #1, but are the weakest #1 ever, and are so weak that only two years since '89 have a #3 team as low as they are, and most years have between 5-8 teams better.

The top 7 offensive teams are really bad on D

1. Falcons: 28th
2. Cowboys: 26th
3. Patriots: 19th
4. Raiders: 22nd
5. Saints: 25th
6. Washington 23rd
7. Titans 24th

and vice versa:

1. Broncos: 24th
2. Ravens 27th
3. Cardinals 26th
4. Eagles 22nd
5. Seahawks 13th
6. Vikings 25th
7. Giants 19th

The Patriots being that (relatively) bad *feels* right, this team is substantively worse than the 2014 team in pretty much every way except maybe the quality of OL play.

• Locked thread