Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im dying a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

have fun OP. try to save looking at walkthroughs and spoilers for a second playthrough, a lot of the magic is being surprised by the poo poo you run into

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

have fun OP. try to save looking at walkthroughs and spoilers for a second playthrough, a lot of the magic is being surprised by the poo poo you run into

i already had to restart after i tried to kill the smug guy by the bonfire in Lordren or whatever the first place is called

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Don't post in games op they'll ruin it for you. Enjoy the experience and don't worry about messing up stats or whatever

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

dont look at walkthroughs and spoi;lers for any playthrough. theres nothing that player notes wont tell you

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Actually if you're playing on PC get DSfix otherwise you're good

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Donjt level resistance, all the weapons are good when you upgrade them

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Pick a weapon that is fun (for you). I went with the katana and made wooshing sounds nonstop it was a blast for all 3 games.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah cool op. Don't forget to get the Forlorn Wolf Coat from the Undead Menagerie by killing the ghosts with dark magic and also don't put any points into agility. Uhhh lets see here probably have a few thousand more tips for you to play this single player game that relies heavily on mystery, rofl. Dark Souls is awesome and remember, yes it's hard but actually it's p. Easy.

Wrote on my iPhone 6 whilst taking a poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Yeah cool op. Don't forget to get the Forlorn Wolf Coat from the Undead Menagerie by killing the ghosts with dark magic and also don't put any points into agility. Uhhh lets see here probably have a few thousand more tips for you to play this single player game that relies heavily on mystery, rofl. Dark Souls is awesome and remember, yes it's hard but actually it's p. Easy.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BeefThief posted:

i already had to restart after i tried to kill the smug guy by the bonfire in Lordren or whatever the first place is called
i also made this mistake the first time i played :sigh:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
try rolling through enemies attacks, op

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

try tongue but hole

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Enjoy. I played it for the first time earlier this year too.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wormskull posted:

yes it's hard but actually it's p. Easy.

I can't agree. It's a pretty difficult game.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

ive made it to the bull guy like 10 times but either die or get killed whilst trying to kill the guys up in the tower.

im not sure if im having fun or not, better smoke some more weed.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Good luck goon

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
the epic weed guy...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Wormskull posted:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

BeefThief posted:

you can kill him if you want to. it's allowed.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

BeefThief posted:

ive made it to the bull guy like 10 times but either die or get killed whilst trying to kill the guys up in the tower.

im not sure if im having fun or not, better smoke some more weed.

Smoke less of it, because it's bad for your physical and mental health.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Bobnumerotres posted:

This, but also remember to put your points in the right things, and use the right items and hell, why don't I just link you to this guide

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Edit: gently caress; Beaten.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

Smoke less of it, because it's bad for your physical and mental health.

Eyyyyy ive got the day off

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Forgot about the ole Dark Souls is hard but it's actually p. easy.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drugs are fail, your gonna need prestine concentration for this game op

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Drugs are the only way you're gonna be able to enjoy this abortion! If you play this piece of crap made by the most perverted and deranged culture in history without being baked out of your mind, the only thing that'll die is your desire to ever play another videogame.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Ragg posted:

This, but also remember to put your points in the right things, and use the right items and hell, why don't I just link you to this guide

ive spent points exactly once and have died/lost souls ever since so far. i think next time before i try to fight that bull i'll go back tot he bonfire and level up a bit.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ragg posted:

Drugs are the only way you're gonna be able to enjoy this abortion! If you play this piece of crap made by the most perverted and deranged culture in history without being baked out of your mind, the only thing that'll die is your desire to ever play another videogame.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

hooray I executed my plan, got a fuckin battle axe and beat the bull, good times

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
Well done, Gamer.

folder
Oct 9, 2016
Ah, now the real Dark Souls begins.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

BeefThief posted:

hooray I executed my plan, got a fuckin battle axe and beat the bull, good times

Guess you gave that bull the horns op

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Guess you gave that bull the horns op

mostly i chopped at his nuts, which ive heard is a good tactic for most bosses

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

folder posted:

Ah, now the real Dark Souls begins.

The real Dark Souls is staring at a wall for 90% of a bossfight.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

The real Dark Souls is staring at a wall for 90% of a bossfight.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

GLHF, OP.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

enemy spoiler for OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

good luck op. dark souls is one of my favourite games

• Locked thread