Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Matt's comment about the battle music in Spindash 7 caught me completely off-guard and I totally lost it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/6/13850780/indivisible-studio-trigger-animation-lab-zero-games-anime

yoooooo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
well I sure as hell didn't expect that

but gently caress yeah

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
I'm not saying the drifting is good (it seems pretty garbage), but clearly if they got the worst rank you can do better. I'm not sure why Liam got so mad at the idea that the level is barely beatable without the mechanic.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not sure why that was so fuckin difficult for them because I remember that not being a very difficult thing, but I haven't played the game in like a year so idk maybe i'm crazy

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

gently caress yes gently caress yes gently caress yes

This has to be the best crowdfunding feeling, the anti-mighty number 9.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Congo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm so so glad Matt falls for the big frighten in Borley Haunted Mansion

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
11 and a half minutes into the new Omikron and will someone please help Matt?!
17 minutes to achieve NOTHING this is the best lp

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 7, 2016

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I love these ominkiron intros and outro's holy poo poo.

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I don't think they actually accomplished anything in Omnikron today

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Monaghan posted:

I love these ominkiron intros and outro's holy poo poo.

This game is actually stealing their souls.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Woolie has become so paranoid about being wrong on video that he has started to be wrong about how wrong he is

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

DumbparameciuM posted:

Woolie has become so paranoid about being wrong on video that he has started to be wrong about how wrong he is

This is his "Perfect, you know what I mean?" moment. In the combined light of the adjacent trashfires that are Sonic Unleashed, Omikron and Reboot, he's beginning to see his own reflection.

He's gazing into the woolie hole, and it's gazing also into him.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Baal posted:

I'm not sure why that was so fuckin difficult for them because I remember that not being a very difficult thing, but I haven't played the game in like a year so idk maybe i'm crazy

Never played the game, but it looks like it expects you to make actual racing lines where you go outside-inside-out. Liam would usually start kinda in the middle and not have enough room to finish turning.

Of course, he also fell off the inside sometimes, so maybe the drifting is just not good.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

DumbparameciuM posted:

I don't recall him putting up any of his disclaimers when he said a Tommy gun was just a machine gun with a drum magazine and that's just the most recent one. Woolie has a habit of throwing about phony TRU FACS trivia.

It's okay when Pat does it because he's insane and getting poo poo on by the universe is kinda his thing, but Wollie really want's to be the cool guy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Buckets posted:

I don't recall him putting up any of his disclaimers when he said a Tommy gun was just a machine gun with a drum magazine and that's just the most recent one. Woolie has a habit of throwing about phony TRU FACS trivia.

It's okay when Pat does it because he's insane and getting poo poo on by the universe is kinda his thing, but Wollie really want's to be the cool guy.
Do the Zaibatsu have psychiatrists? They may need some therapy for this.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who put themselves in the public eye and then complain about the results, but man it has got to suck some serious balls to have a hundred or so people online screaming at you when you say the slightest thing wrong.

That's gotta gently caress with a person eventually, even if they are thick-skinned. Kudos to the guys for dealing with it in a humorous way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HoboTech posted:

I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who put themselves in the public eye and then complain about the results
Yeah compassion is for losers

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Captain Invictus posted:

Hey, why don't you try reading the rest of that post

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

This thread is getting dangerously meta about being wrong and yelling at people.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
I wanna watch the "future LP" where the Tommy gun thing came up originally. I bet it was him and Pat and they found a Thompson with a straight mag. Woolie was so dejected that they're not all like the cool ones in the movies so he didn't really pay any attention to Pat's explanation.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

there are two separate statements there: that he doesn't have much sympathy for people putting themselves out there in the public eye and then complaining about terrible people's comments(a lovely opinion, "suck it up" essentially) and that they handle the awful comments with humor and handle it well(decent opinion but also wrong, see: Matt and what happened in this very thread)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

they handle the awful comments with humor and handle it well(decent opinion but also wrong, see: Matt and what happened in this very thread)

Not reading a thread where people poo poo on your friends (for good reason or not) seems like a pretty well handled situation.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Except it's not really a lot of people doing it, and there were plenty of folks having good discussions either with him or about the games and LPs and stuff, helping with stuff he needed assistance on, that sort of thing. There's some real bad eggs but ignoring them instead of blowing off the entire community would've been better.

edit: well, I think there was some recent LP where some idiots were angrier than usual about how the guys were playing video games INCORRECTLY

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
People have bitched at how they play loving Omikron. There is an infinite number of sperglords for any given title.

Edit: Jesus christ this is the worst Omikron episode yet.

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 7, 2016

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Andrast posted:

Not reading a thread where people poo poo on your friends (for good reason or not) seems like a pretty well handled situation.

Is this thread any worse than the youtube comments or their Reddit?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Is this thread any worse than the youtube comments or their Reddit?

No. If I was Matt I wouldn't read those either.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Except it's not really a lot of people doing it, and there were plenty of folks having good discussions either with him or about the games and LPs and stuff, helping with stuff he needed assistance on, that sort of thing. There's some real bad eggs but ignoring them instead of blowing off the entire community would've been better.

That would be true, if humans had perfect control of their emotions and can choose to just not be hurt by things. As it happened, being in this thread made Matt sad so he stopped coming, and if you think leaving was in any way wrong of him, that's laughable.

Yes if he was still here that would be cool, I liked having Matt here, but if people on this thread said lovely things, that's 100% their fault, and no one has to put up with that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You say that, but I'm pretty sure he still reads the neogaf thread. I can't fathom that being even remotely better.

Edit: Also I meant literally ignoring them. Using the ignore function.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 7, 2016

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Oh cool it's that korean(?) Stanley PaRevengeance game I played.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Captain Invictus posted:

You say that, but I'm pretty sure he still reads the neogaf thread. I can't fathom that being even remotely better.

Neogaf seems to be their "community" while Matt exclusively posted in this thread and AFAIK Wooly's only lurked the forums.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

The objective facts about each thread don't matter, Matt's subjective experience was that he didn't like being in this thread, and that's all that's relevant as far as whether he should have stuck around. I'm not even saying it's ANYONE's fault necessarily, maybe no one did anything wrong. But it's absolutely not Matt's mistake to leave whatever the case.

It could also be that Matt doesn't like the reddit or neogaf but since those are more central to the community, he feels a bit obligated to pay attention to there as part of his job, whereas SA was more a place where he wanted to unwind and it didn't end up being that.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I'm pretty sure the duders use reddit and twitter mostly, think they stopped going to the neogaf thread because those weirdos over there talked about hentai and waifu poo poo constantly

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I actually don't mind Matt not being active in the thread and I think it works out for both sides.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Captain Invictus posted:

Lol wow you are bad.

Someone who puts themselves out on YouTube, especially now, knows exactly what kind of a dumpster fire they're crawling into. If someone jams their hand into a bee's nest, I have zero sympathy if they get stung (especially when they get that sweet, sweet YouTube money honey).

I was complimenting the guys for dealing with the stinging bees exceptionally well.

On another note, I wonder how recently these past Omikron videos were recorded, because they really did just do a whole block of it and chuck the videos up as-is. Though really that's incredibly fitting and I love it.

Edit: I think Matt may have gotten a little better with criticism since he's gotten married and whatnot. Maybe he's matured? More comfortable with who he is? More power to him.

Edit 2: took out a part that was meaner than it needed to be

HoboTech fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 7, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

HoboTech posted:

On another note, I wonder how recently these past Omikron videos were recorded, because they really did just do a whole block of it and chuck the videos up as-is. Though really that's incredibly fitting and I love it.

That's how they do all their LPs

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Omikron is one of the most in character LPs for the channel.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Neogaf seems to be their "community" while Matt exclusively posted in this thread and AFAIK Wooly's only lurked the forums.

I think Matt was permabanned from Neogaf for getting too heated up in Nintendo threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

HGH posted:

I think Matt was permabanned from Neogaf for getting too heated up in Nintendo threads.

what the hell could you possibly say on neogaf in relation to nintendo that could get you permabanned.