Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Ana grenade, lucios heal boost and soldiers heal field tend to result in someone asking how did nobody die. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The "loot boxes will turn into christmas event loot boxes" rumour has been thoroughly debunked, right?

Not that I mind holding on to them a week longer, it'd be just nice to know.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

My uncle works at Blizzard he told me it's true.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

mcbexx posted:

The "loot boxes will turn into christmas event loot boxes" rumour has been thoroughly debunked, right?

Doesn't this "rumor" circulate every single event? It won't happen.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean it should be a little easier to get the event skins this time around now that arcade mode is a thing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mcbexx posted:

It's true and you should never open them since there will always be another event in the works.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

mcbexx posted:

The content of loot boxes is spawned when you revive them, not when you open them. So even if you save them for the release of a new character or non-holiday skin, they won't contain them.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I mean it should be a little easier to get the event skins this time around now that arcade mode is a thing

Yea, I'm planning to get 2 wins in arcade on Monday after the reset and then save the 3rd-9th for Tuesday for some quick(er) boxes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

mcbexx posted:

It was less "debunked" and more "officially stated in a blue post on the official OW forums" that loot box content is generated when you get a box, so you can't stockpile them for holidays

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I am still holding out hope that some dumb goon believes me and just hoards like 20 boxes before skipping the holiday event and makes a big :saddowns: post about how it didn't work for them, because given how persistent that belief is there's almost no other way to really straighten folks out.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think it re-emerges every event because the animation for opening the boxes regardless of what "kind" it is, is globally changed to be the event animation. people see it and think "hey it looks like a trick or treat bucket now it must be a halloween lootbox!!!"

you could probably cut down on the rumors right quick by keeping the standard animation for standard lootboxes but that would require a lot of extra system overhead

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Placed 400 under where i ended last season, now at a career high. Thanks for always seemingly matching me against players from the Dead Sea, blizz

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

i think it re-emerges every event because the animation for opening the boxes regardless of what "kind" it is, is globally changed to be the event animation. people see it and think "hey it looks like a trick or treat bucket now it must be a halloween lootbox!!!"

you could probably cut down on the rumors right quick by keeping the standard animation for standard lootboxes but that would require a lot of extra system overhead

I remember this not being the case. In any event I have a whole bunch of regular loot boxes because why even open them they are just gonna be four dupes so I can verify that in a week.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dren posted:

I remember this not being the case. In any event I have a whole bunch of regular loot boxes because why even open them they are just gonna be four dupes so I can verify that in a week.

well if it isn't the case i would like to revise my hypothesis to "people are just breathtakingly dumb"

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Why the poo poo is the option to show team health bars under the controls menu?

Edit:
Wait, it's only for specific heroes? Whatever, gently caress it, I'm at work.

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 7, 2016

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Raskolnikov posted:

I "made" a Dva theme xbox controller because I am a painful weeb. https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/en-US/customize/body

This owns hard.

Kai Tave posted:

A man after my own heart.

uber_stoat posted:

you're the meaning in my life, you're the inspiratiooon.
Haha thank you both

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Why the poo poo is the option to show team health bars under the controls menu?

Edit:
Wait, it's only for specific heroes? Whatever, gently caress it, I'm at work.

I believe they enabled this for all heroes in a patch like two months ago. It should be in the main options somewhere, not hero-specific (unless you only want to see it as someone that can heal).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

well if it isn't the case i would like to revise my hypothesis to "people are just breathtakingly dumb"

This is applicable to all times, in all places, for all events, really

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

When I read these threads all I do is dream of the Paradise PC seems to be while burning in the hell of PS4.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

^burtle posted:

When I read these threads all I do is dream of the Paradise PC seems to be while burning in the hell of PS4.

I don't even think the PTR or Symmetra changes exist, they're just testing our faith

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what are the chances Blizzard will roll back the nerf on Torb's turret on PS4

it's very unnecessary

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what are the chances Blizzard will roll back the nerf on Torb's turret on PS4

it's very unnecessary

He just got a big buff in other ways, so I would guess the chances are very low.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't even think the PTR or Symmetra changes exist, they're just testing our faith

I keep clicking R3 on heads and nothing seems to be happening

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Papercut posted:

He just got a big buff in other ways, so I would guess the chances are very low.

I still don't think he's good enough with the damage nerf

I do appreciate the hammer swing buff though

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Speaking of PS4 I really need to not do comp after 10:00 PM on a weekday. Matchmaker takes ten minutes to put together a game and they're always awful (I don't think there's a lot of people playing at that time on PS4 anymore).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I still don't think he's good enough with the damage nerf

I do appreciate the hammer swing buff though

he's bad on pc still too, people just complained a lot about it on console. doubt they'd give him the damage back but it wouldn't really make a difference if they did tbh

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
He was bad on console before the nerf. There were probably a few chokepoints it was easier for him to hold than on PC pre nerf if the turret was placed somewhere that required a hard rotation (flanks of Hanamura, Hollywood, and Numbani point As) but these still weren't going to last against a team good enough to take that point in the first place (and still was worse than sticking Bastion in these spots).

Considering that most good Torb play uses turrets as secondary attacks it just seems inconsequential of a nerf at best, and turns the character into a huge anchor at worst.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the damage debuff was really small and made up for by the fact that you can't turn as fast or aim as accurately, so you take about the same amount of damage against it on either platform. I play on pc and ps4 and there's really no difference in torb turret lethality between the two. if they gave him his damage back he'd still be bad but also people would complain, so it'd accomplish nothing but making people mad for no reason

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
People still play this on console? Why? It's just inferior in every possible way.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

People still play this on console? Why? It's just inferior in every possible way.

I don't have a good PC

(I love the console version anyways - it's probably my game of the year)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Initially it's because it's where my friends were, but I still play console more because it's not really practical for me to play a mouse and keyboard game from my good chair on my TV and I'm not going to subject people on PC to me playing with a controller.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
On Ana's grenade, what's the feeling on Sombra's hacking ability not being canceled by damage and it preventing a target from receiving healing? This would in theory make it super useful versus tanks but could potentially turn EMP into a phenomenally devastating ult to pull off (depending on coding). Like, it if shut down healing, it would actually make sense to hack a target you could just shoot at instead, because in a team fight it becomes a "kill this fucker" like a Discord Orb.

Talking about it from a conceptual standpoint, where duration, etc could be adjusted and at what point would that be fair.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Rick posted:

Initially it's because it's where my friends were, but I still play console more because it's not really practical for me to play a mouse and keyboard game from my good chair on my TV and I'm not going to subject people on PC to me playing with a controller.

Just bought this fucker

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I love how everyone made a big deal about how hero limits were going to turn quickplay into some ultra competitive tryhard fest and the third game I queue into today is attack Symmetra, attack Widowmaker, and attack Hanzo on Volskaya.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

w00tmonger posted:

Just bought this fucker
That looks pretty cool, post a trip report.

I mainly use a mouse lefthanded but if this is comfortable maybe I'd give it a go.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bottom Liner posted:

Its completely fine, runs and looks amazing, and has the exact same features as the pc version.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Except, you know, the single most important feature an FPS can have. Barring a setup like w00tmonger's at least, but then you're just beating up cripples.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Kilometers Davis posted:

Its completely fine, runs and looks amazing, and has the exact same features as the pc version.

...but it's like playing Street Fighter with a racing wheel.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Rick posted:

That looks pretty cool, post a trip report.

I mainly use a mouse lefthanded but if this is comfortable maybe I'd give it a go.

If you were strictly left handed then you're hosed. Keyboard is perfect, comes with a good sized wrist rest and a huge mousepad which it turns out is the trick to making it work on a couch. Memory foam pads underneath are way better then I thought they would be. Can use any mouse you want and has an extra USB for a headset so flavor to your taste.

Just as good as my pc setup, if not better because now I get to play on a 110" projector. Roccat sova mechanical if anyone is wondering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

w00tmonger posted:

If you were strictly left handed then you're hosed. Keyboard is perfect, comes with a good sized wrist rest and a huge mousepad which it turns out is the trick to making it work on a couch. Memory foam pads underneath are way better then I thought they would be. Can use any mouse you want and has an extra USB for a headset so flavor to your taste.

Just as good as my pc setup, if not better because now I get to play on a 110" projector

What the hell is your sensitivity at? I mean, I'm not pro level needing 3ft of playing space, but 2feet is rather nice for the swing.