Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Eh.

Its not incredibly racist, sexist or homophobic like a lot of legacy stuff, and it does show the warts as they actually were at the time. I think its worth keeping like that for that reason. I admit it was all before my time, but talking to the true old guys suggests that its consistent for the era and I don't mind there being pages that remind us what idiotic fuckstains we used to be. Gotta remember where you came from, even if it is a prolapsed anus (perhaps especially if).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
instead of whitewashing poo poo, preserve the retard heritage and move the old poo poo to a legacy page and replace it with whatever gaybabyjail clean versions

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I agree with that much -- keeping the darker origins pre-cultural revolution intact to some degree is important for the newer guys like you or I to appreciate how far goons have come. I do sort of feel like that there should be something signifying that you're looking at an exhibit trapped in time under glass. "This is a legacy page and remains intact as a testament to our culture at the time that it was written, a more comprehensive write-up on Roy's life can be found here" and then link to the Arlington page for him.

Eh I dunno. Imma shut up.

EDIT: my reply here was written before seeing Deadtear's

stale meme dot png fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Dec 7, 2016

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Dandywalken posted:

So there's a big "gently caress cap ships" sentiment, or at least it seems alot of people like saying that. Why is that? Did they change gameplay dramatically on inclusion?

Mostly because owning and using one in GSF fleets would mean having to interact with Tiberizzle.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Shut the gently caress up paco

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

no bones about it posted:

Shut the gently caress up paco

RIP royofca

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

instead of whitewashing poo poo, preserve the retard heritage and move the old poo poo to a legacy page and replace it with whatever gaybabyjail clean versions

or we can take everyone triggered by this, punt them into their own corp and eject it to TEST.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Rhymenoserous posted:

or we can take everyone triggered by this, punt them into their own corp and eject it to TEST.

It wouldn't work. Do you expect that Paco would put up with TEST, and not just quit the first time he's exposed to their comms? He and Angelique would wind up creating their own tragic little corporation of politically correct space communists, leading a handful of excommunicated goon nobodies across the stars like a gypsy caravan under the watchful eye of Paco's Hel, which is currently being hot-dropped.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Is this an actual person who passed away?

Yes, he was a coolish guy and I enjoyed playing insurgency with him.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

One of our own gamma people made an MSPaint suicide note for RoyofCA that was just "DBRB shut up"

It was pretty funny.

RoyofCA was also pretty funny but also sadly it was not terribly surprising when we found out he had killed himself. He was always quite erratic.

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

Rhymenoserous posted:

how can 500 people preserve Delve ADMs?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="467167478"]
how can 500 people preserve Delve ADMs?

free elusif

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

unfree elusif

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

free stucks

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Oh god, stucks. That takes me back.

Also hollismason, teef.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=503147

Rorq mining gets hit with the nerf bat.

Using it as an invulnerable hictor is still cool though.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

The Hambulance posted:

yesterday wingspan tried to gently caress with 2 of our rorqs, it ended with them losing a pile of bombers (and I scooped 500m of augmented drones heh); all that it cost us was fuel

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Landsknecht posted:

yesterday wingspan tried to gently caress with 2 of our rorqs, it ended with them losing a pile of bombers (and I scooped 500m of augmented drones heh); all that it cost us was fuel

I thought "made you use fuel" was a valid winning criterion, though? :confused:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Rhymenoserous posted:

No you small minded shithead, being bothered by something because it's tasteless and stupid is a bit different than being triggered.

tickets to the gunt show posted:

It wouldn't work. Do you expect that Paco would put up with TEST, and not just quit the first time he's exposed to their comms? He and Angelique would wind up creating their own tragic little corporation of politically correct space communists, leading a handful of excommunicated goon nobodies across the stars like a gypsy caravan under the watchful eye of Paco's Hel, which is currently being hot-dropped.

I remember that short time when I thought you were going to be okay and not a complete poo poo show of a poster and a terrible "do you like me yet guys?" edgelord. That time has passed and you have done nothing to prove that you are nothing besides a poo poo-tier hanger on moron. You don't know poo poo about me, your jokes aren't funny, and you've patently positioned yourself in the "oh that guy? Yeah gently caress him" camp.

My name: keep it outcha mouf bitch.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Ahahhahahaha, CCP is nerfing goons cause we mined too much. How long did it take them to nerf the drone regions?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

SugarAddict posted:

Ahahhahahaha, CCP is nerfing goons cause we mined too much. How long did it take them to nerf the drone regions?

the drone regions existing in their present form is stupid and I can't honestly believe that ccp hasn't nerfed them yet

"fixing" the drone regions would solve a lot of 0.0 problems

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Landsknecht posted:

the drone regions existing in their present form is stupid...
How do you mean? As in, being deep nullsec with no nearby NPC space?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Man I'm still 2 weeks away from mining drones in my rorq... Mining dream is dead before it's born.

Also my rorq guy is missing so many skills to 'fly a rorq' due to being grandfathered in years ago. Funny how that kind of stuff happens

The Slack Lagoon fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 7, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i knew ccp was gonna nerf rorquals, no fun allowed

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

LemonDrizzle posted:

How do you mean? As in, being deep nullsec with no nearby NPC space?

there's too much unreachable space

geminate, PB, fade, stain, delve, fountain, venal, curse, and GW all have NPC space, or at least a few stations; sure it's hard to get to omist or period basis, but it's nowhere near as bad as the entirety of the drone regions

IMO ccp should convert 1 region to full NPC, or even some kind of "deep lowsec" just to encourage people to go there; the drone regions have only ever served as a way to make assloads of money off of renters

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i think we should stop nerfing everything that is "too good" and turning eve into a bernie sanders paradise if you know what imean

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i think we should stop nerfing everything that is "too good" and turning eve into a bernie sanders paradise if you know what imean

bring back remote full-grid doomsdays

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Hambulance posted:

all that whining is unbecoming

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

MacPac posted:

mlyp

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

MacPac posted:

mlyp

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

get loving owned

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Is eve good yet?

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

I genuinely can't understand the reason for this. If the rorqual was just too good at mining, eventually the prices in minerals would reflect that and rorqual miners' incomes would normalize (loving over high sec newbie miners, I guess?).

Can someone from PL please explain to your boy Fozzie that having more rorquals in space means more targets and more fun.

Tell me again how triggered you aren't. :allears:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Is eve good yet?

EVE will be good before Star Citizen gets released. So we have that going for us, currently.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ccp is such a bad company with dumb incompetent developers like fozzie and the other guy who left

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

The Hambulance posted:

I don't even mine, but objectively 1/3 yield nerf seems a little excessive.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

tickets to the gunt show posted:

Tell me again how triggered you aren't. :allears:

Not triggered, just sick of your forked tongue bullshit. If you can't tell the difference I'm sorry but maybe you should invest more time in developing your manifest lack of interpersonal skills.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

"poor highsec crybabies are getting their mining income nerfed, as this is 50% of our playerbase we must pander and disincentive them from ever leaving highsec so that our highsec playerbase grows"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

credit to a TNT guy, but it is looking like they just forgot that capital drone mining augmenter rigs existed:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6745620#post6745620

the 32% number almost exactly cancels the addition of 3 rigs compared to their "target number"

• Locked thread