Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Every game released after Star Trek Elite Force is bad and should be avoided

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I already finished new vegas many times, i didnt like Pillars and Tyranny. Obsidian should do Alpha Protocol 2. IMO.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

Obsidian should do Alpha Protocol 2. IMO.

Agreed. Did you play the newest Shadowrun games?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Suplex Liberace posted:

Agreed. Did you play the newest Shadowrun games?

Im playing the first. Is good but it feels unpolished? i dont know why but i cant play it for some reason. will finish it someday

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

1st one is ok Hong Kong is better.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Im playing the first. Is good but it feels unpolished? i dont know why but i cant play it for some reason. will finish it someday

The first one kind of stinks. Dragonfall is amazing, Hong Kong has been great up to where I'm at.

Also for your consideration: Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

The first one kind of stinks. Dragonfall is amazing, Hong Kong has been great up to where I'm at.

Also for your consideration: Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

I got the directors cut, and yeah Vampire is one of my favorite games. I heard paradox bought the license, i hope they do something with that.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Crusader Kings II DLC: Vampire The Masquerade In Europe.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
oh also if you haven't done The Witcher 2 do that obviously, 1st isn't half as good though

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ParanoidInc posted:

oh also if you haven't done The Witcher 2 do that obviously, 1st isn't half as good though

Done and done. I even read the books.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

peggle

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

torchlight 2 maybe

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Undertale

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

wwe 2k16

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gaz-L posted:

When the meter hits the green part, press A/X.
If your dude has Resilience or Rope Break as abilities, you may be able to use Y/Triangle to automatically kick out or B/Circle to get a foot on the ropes.

Or if you mean to cancel out of a pin, I think it's either LB/L1 or B/Circle.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I kept thinking I needed to hold down A, then release it when it got to the green part of the meter for some loving reason.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's also a couple of quirks: The brighter green bit will cause your opponent to sell the kick out, giving you time to get up/recover. If you're in a cradle/small package, the kick out part is red and orange. Orange will reverse the pin, and red will kick out as normal.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

Not even the dlc saves ME3 ending? Is that bad?

The advice I always give to people is to beat the game, then load up the last save and finish with the Citadel DLC. It's a great way to finish it off. Also, I've been playing with a new mod that I have really enjoyed called Expanded Galaxy. It's really easy to install too.

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/350/

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Has anyone been able to have any fun at all with the promo mechanics in 2K17? It's just so joyless and tiresome, even the first time.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

From what I've seen the AI promos in Universe Mode and such are pretty funny because they just ramble about the weirdest stuff with no internal logic

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

From what I've seen the AI promos in Universe Mode and such are pretty funny because they just ramble about the weirdest stuff with no internal logic

Maybe I haven't done enough in them but they're not even funny so far, just the bog-standard lines you'd expect to hear from any WWE promo in the last 10-15 years or more. There might be more depth in them as you progress but as of now I preferred the old system for no other reason than at least they were short.

If they took the production of Showcase Mode out of 2K17 it'd be nice if they'd been able to get the promo part voiced instead of in text.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They're definitely not bog-standard, they are far more grandiloquent than any in-ring promo the WWE has ever scripted, even from Sandow or Heyman or someone else who's supposed to be smarter than the viewer. The lines are supposed to be generic, so they lack the pointed direction of real promos and presumably are really long to compensate. After a short time playing, promo duels become sort of surreal in that workers just threaten each other for long periods without making specific reference to whoever they're feuding with

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 7, 2016

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Thank you, I appreciate it. I kept thinking I needed to hold down A, then release it when it got to the green part of the meter for some loving reason.

If it makes you feel better, that is how it worked in one of the games a few years back when they were trying to combine button mashing and the timing based system. You held it down and released to hit in the bar, or you mashed until your meter got to it. It really didn't work that well and if I remember correctly, as it was easier to use, the timing system got used almost exclusively as after a certain point in the match, button mashing was an exercise in futility.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Really the best way to deal with the promos is to unlock a promo ability like Staredown and/or Beatdown. The vc you gain from trying to get a higher score during the promos is paltry compared to Merchandise gains or putting on a good match, so I find it's best to quickly end a promo and move on.

e: also, 2k17 is a bad game.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

After a short time playing, promo duels become sort of surreal in that workers just threaten each other for long periods without making specific reference to whoever they're feuding with

E: I misread this

I think that's why I don't like them, they exist completely in a vacuum.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Has anyone been able to have any fun at all with the promo mechanics in 2K17? It's just so joyless and tiresome, even the first time.

It's such an opaque mechanic, I literally have no idea what's going on at all. Why do they have a bar labelled "FACE"?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I used a promo to make Miz my best friend and tag partner so the promo system works, thank you very much.

triplexpac posted:

It's such an opaque mechanic, I literally have no idea what's going on at all. Why do they have a bar labelled "FACE"?

The bar will say either Face or Heel based on your current alignment, then it'll show an up or down arrow based on how your current promo is changing your alignment (completely independent of how successful the promo was).

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Sandow or Heyman

Hey y'all, just stopping by to let you know I misread this as "Shadow the Hedgehog" and got really excited for a second.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

triplexpac posted:

There are four promo "threads", and the key to maximizing your score is picking one and sticking to it (whether or not that promo type goes over with the crowd is mainly a matter of luck). The problem is that there's at least one or two prompts in a given promo where it becomes almost impossible to tell what line goes with what promo type. Usually there's something somewhat obvious - there's one thread that's all about the Authority, one about the crowd, etc. But the line previews are frequently unrevealing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

There are four promo "threads", and the key to maximizing your score is picking one and sticking to it (whether or not that promo type goes over with the crowd is mainly a matter of luck). The problem is that there's at least one or two prompts in a given promo where it becomes almost impossible to tell what line goes with what promo type. Usually there's something somewhat obvious - there's one thread that's all about the Authority, one about the crowd, etc. But the line previews are frequently unrevealing.

I hated this aspect of 2K16's promo mechanic. It was never clear from the preview which of the options would have what effect. What looked like an 'aggressive' promo would actually be 'egotistical' or something else.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It's at least nice that a lot of the personality types will come across in gameplay. Treacherous guys will remove turnbuckle pads, desperate guys will go for pins ASAP, cowards will bail on matches, aggressive guys will attack during entrances, bold guys will go for top rope moves more often, etc.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of yee-haw is there a good western game for pc?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

Fallout: New Vegas my friend

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Who the hell watches Raw with the captions on?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah thats what I mean. But he will follow that by demanding to be taken seriously as an athlete and the line before it will be him saying his mom told him to quit.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah thats what I mean. But he will follow that by demanding to be taken seriously as an athlete and the line before it will be him saying his mom told him to quit.

Huh, I must've skipped Roman's promo on Raw this week, sounds like he's getting better.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Best promo Reigns has ever given

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
The promo system gets kind of lame but it has great moments. Like just bizarre comments they make during promos.

Chris Jericho wants you to make him pancakes.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Fumaofthelake posted:

I used a promo to make Miz my best friend and tag partner so the promo system works, thank you very much.

The bar will say either Face or Heel based on your current alignment, then it'll show an up or down arrow based on how your current promo is changing your alignment (completely independent of how successful the promo was).

I've only ever seen it say Face, so I guess that's why I'm confused. All the promos I've done in Universe, with guys I thought were heels, the bar said Face

DoctorGonzo posted:

Westerado, for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Law of the West and Gold Rush. Hope you like emulators.