Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Could I get some recommendations for local 4-player PS4 games that I can have ready for parties over the holidays? They don't have to be [i]party[\i] games exactly, and I think versus or coop is fine. They just need to be able to be picked up fast.

I've already got Overcooked on my wishlist and I have all the PS+ games since April '14, so I might have a fair amount of game already.

I wanted to have Gang Beasts ready, but I didn't realize it doesn't release for PS4 til next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tricky Towers all day errryday

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea I just have a really big problem sticking with games. If I never played a game before I'll play an hour or two before stopping. Then play half that the next time, half that the next time, then no longer feel like playing it until I make a brand new save and start from the beginning and go through it all over again.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I bought Jackbox 3 a bit ago when it was sale and it was a big hit for a party, especially for people who don't usually play with controllers. Everyone just needs a smart phone and there's a decent variety of games in it. I'm hoping the other ones end up on sale at some point.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Jackbox is the answer and scales past 4. You can have 8 and have a great time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh man I played jack box 3 at a party recently, so so good

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

So I have gathered obliquely that Assassins Creed got good again and that the gameplay is changed up and better.

Is that true. And where should I jump back in what with holiday sales coming.

3 took me out of the series and black flag was great until the assassins creed parts happened.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Everyone says Syndicate is pretty good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's only been Unity and Syndicate since then anyway.

It's Syndicate. Don't bother with Unity.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

There's only been Unity and Syndicate since then anyway.

It's Syndicate. Don't bother with Unity.

Whats this "chronicals trilogy" thing then?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Syndicate is an okay game. Mission design is a lot better now that they've largely ditched the tailing stuff, and the new grappling hook and carriages give a nice bit of gameplay variety and solve Unity's problem where everything was just too big to the point that traversal was tedious. It's still an Assassins Creed game so we're not talking about a huge change up in gameplay, but it's a well designed AC game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Those are side-scrolling Mark of the Ninja clones. I played a bit of the first one and thought it was OK but it didn't hook me, and you haven't played Mark of the Ninja you might as well play that instead

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bombadilillo posted:

2D platformers released as side games. I think they're originally phone games or something?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
And with some early Christmas gift cards, I've got a PS4 Pro being shipped from overstock.com. Total was $340 due to this 15% off overstock.com gift card deal on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Get-a-100-Overstock-com-Gift-Card-for-only-85-Email-delivery-/262748876053

Buy 4 of them and boom, $340 PS4 Pro, free shipping, no tax.

Nowwww, time to find digital deals for Uncharted 4, Last of Us, and all kinds of stuff..

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

J-Spot posted:

Syndicate is an okay game. Mission design is a lot better now that they've largely ditched the tailing stuff, and the new grappling hook and carriages give a nice bit of gameplay variety and solve Unity's problem where everything was just too big to the point that traversal was tedious. It's still an Assassins Creed game so we're not talking about a huge change up in gameplay, but it's a well designed AC game.

Thanks. You talked me out of buying a sale game I qoukd probably never play!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Assassins creed games bore me to tears. The story is so so bad.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am a total sucker for Ubisoft open world games (just started Watch Dogs 2 and the first 10 minutes are already better than the entirety of 1) and I don't think I have ever cared about the story in any of them. Maybe AC2/Brotherhood

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is there any kind of PSN reward system for buying games? I'm wanting to pick up Uncharted 4 and Last Guardian. But something tells me if I do that, I probably should do Best Buy's B2G1 deal going on right now.

I just like digital copies over physical..

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sometimes you get a 'spend X amount and get 10% back' deal going on but otherwise no.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

89 posted:

Is there any kind of PSN reward system for buying games? I'm wanting to pick up Uncharted 4 and Last Guardian. But something tells me if I do that, I probably should do Best Buy's B2G1 deal going on right now.

Occasional promotions like spend $100, get $15; sign up for Sony Rewards or whatever they call it, links to your PSN account for tiny long-term benefits.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

89 posted:

Depending on where you are, PSN might not charge you sales tax. I'm in Canada and it doesn't for me. They also occasionally give 10% discount codes, albeit infrequently, like this year's Black Friday deal.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am a total sucker for Ubisoft open world games (just started Watch Dogs 2 and the first 10 minutes are already better than the entirety of 1) and I don't think I have ever cared about the story in any of them. Maybe AC2/Brotherhood

For what it's worth, AC:Rogue has a surprisingly legitimately-good story.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Tiny Troopers might be the worst PS+ game I've played, though it's got stiff competition this month.

Worse than that terrible, no good, my first gaem project Shootsumi?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Copper Vein posted:

Could I get some recommendations for local 4-player PS4 games that I can have ready for parties over the holidays? They don't have to be [i]party[\i] games exactly, and I think versus or coop is fine. They just need to be able to be picked up fast.

I've already got Overcooked on my wishlist and I have all the PS+ games since April '14, so I might have a fair amount of game already.

I wanted to have Gang Beasts ready, but I didn't realize it doesn't release for PS4 til next year.

Most of this will be cribbed from Steam, but that's probably okay.

Worth Full Price:
Towerfall Ascension
Jackbox Party Box
Rocket League
Divekick (take turns)
Overcooked

Wait for a sale if possible:
Starwhal
Push Me Pull You
Nidhogg (take turns)

If you find it for like a dollar:
Stardust Vanguards

If you're cool with coop stuff:
Helldivers
Rayman Legends

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you have a PSVR, there's always Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

For what it's worth, AC:Rogue has a surprisingly legitimately-good story.

Yeah if you ignore everything about Shay becoming a templar

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

exploded mummy posted:

He was pretty justified in his decision considering what he saw the Assassins do.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exploded mummy posted:

The story is about him really not wanting to go against the Assassins, his friends and mentors, but having no other choice. No-one is morally in the right for this one.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

My Lovely Horse posted:

It bugs me that I have to go back to the quest giver to complete a sidequest. That shouldn't be a thing anymore after Xenoblade.

The first quest has someone update you /turn in via a cellphone call, it then proceeds to NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TaurusOxford posted:

He was pretty justified in his decision considering what he saw the Assassins do.

He quits in a massive fit of rage over something that no one could have reasonably foreseen.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Shadow225 posted:

Wait for a sale if possible:
Push Me Pull You
I dissed Push Me Pull You earlier in the thread for kind of sucking with 2 players, but in my opinion it's completely amazeballs with 4. If you can get 3 friends on a regular basis, I'd say you should go for it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

exploded mummy posted:

He quits in a massive fit of rage over something that no one could have reasonably foreseen.

Except that when he warns that what happened will happen again, he is ignored. It's only at the end of the game that the Assassins admit that Shay was right.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any idea on the chances these go on sale during the Holiday Sale, or should I just go ahead and pick some of them up?

Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection
The Last of Us Remastered
Bloodbourne
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy Rain

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

All of those should be really cheap on the disc versions at least at this point.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

never played heavy rain or the new r&c (tho I hear it's good), but the others are all things you should play if you have a playstation so yea go for it

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
The weird jankyness of FFXV and horrible camera (seriously, 75% of my fights are in vegatation I can't see around) make me want to just play xenoblade chronicles x or Dragons Dogma

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

89 posted:

Any idea on the chances these go on sale during the Holiday Sale, or should I just go ahead and pick some of them up?

Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection
The Last of Us Remastered
Bloodbourne
Ratchet & Clank
Heavy Rain

All those games are like $20 each. You're not going to get much cheaper. If you insist on sticking to your digital only thing then no clue when they go on sale. No one here works in marketing for Sony. Although I can say with 100% certainty that Battleborn will on sale for every single PSN sale.

Edit: I think Bloodborne and R&C are $20 on PSN normally.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Gamefly has used copies of Uncharted 4 for $25.

Yeah, couldn't pass that up.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Danith posted:

The weird jankyness of FFXV and horrible camera (seriously, 75% of my fights are in vegatation I can't see around) make me want to just play xenoblade chronicles x or Dragons Dogma

I'ma tell you something mate:

The need to play better games is perfectly fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Danith posted:

Didn't play xenoblade but dragons dogma was ok overall but definitely janky.

I like the game but even I feel like aside from bitterblack isles it felt generic.

• Locked thread