Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
For real fun, save up all your Dice Rolls and become some weird super-villain who pulls a bunch of magic devices out of his PDA at the end of the match.

Just remember it's first in, first out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

IronDoge posted:

At the bottom left there'll be a indicator for your boost and tickboxes next to it if it has more than one use. They ticks will stack up as you acquire more.

Only annoying thing is that you can only use them in the reverse order you recieve them. So if you use the random boost (like me) you have to use the completely useless phase rewind to get to the good stuff.

efb

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I love the dumb skirts Legions have on when you execute them while they have their gun shield on.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Inspector Hound posted:

I will wait forever for a hoodie that looks like Tone with a matching t shirt with a pilot sitting at the controls.

God drat that's a great idea.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yeah, there are videos of people setting up entire firing squads of anti-pilot turrets in front of evac dropships. It's glorious.

The turrets even will shoot down a drop ship if a pilot happens to get by the firing line.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Once you claim your 2XP code it uses it on the very next match, right? I wanted to quadruple up for tomorrow night's Happy Hour and I don't want to wait till then to play :negative:

e: buying another dew tomorrow I guess

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

FadedReality posted:

Once you claim your 2XP code it uses it on the very next match, right? I wanted to quadruple up for tomorrow night's Happy Hour and I don't want to wait till then to play :negative:

e: buying another dew tomorrow I guess

Nope, you have to activate it during a match, so feel free to play away and sit on the boost until you're ready

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
It activates when you press enter, so be careful about talking in pregame.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Awesome! Titanfall 2 is easily my favorite arcade FPS since MW2. I hope they do another free weekend soonish as I've talked to a handful of people who wrote it off completely after the beta and that weekend created enough buzz that they finally realized their friends hyping it up aren't just in that post-release honeymoon phase.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wazzit posted:

If you already have a battery, you'll instead drop a grenade into the battery port. Those are the only two options.

I think they should buff the damage you do if you drop grenades

rip my weekend

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Finally hit 50 and regenerated last night! After re-unlocking it, I finally used the L-Star with the grapple kit. It's... not the worst? I can see it being pretty bad in sweaties but tarzanning around and magdumping stupid red lasers like a coked up stormtrooper was a lot of fun.

Edit: I think it's because it feels like it has a usable hipfire compared to the sidewinder.

L-star is really underrated. It's much more map dependent than most guns and grapple probably isn't something you'd wanna use it with. Try cloak, stim, or phase. Once you get the shoot while sprinting mod it's really fun

idk how anyone plays without autosprint on tbh

Pops Mgee posted:

I've tried both stim and phase shift and can't get into it. Grapple is the only kit that feels right for me.

Stim can be fun but yeah, I hardly use it to its advantage. Phase shift is the same. They're both great for stealing batteries and ejecting though. I wish grapple had a lower cooldown

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah.

It's 5 more shots before overheat, so completely not worth it.

Oh. Thanks. Didn't realize I was wasting a mod slot

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

idk how anyone plays without autosprint on tbh

You can't slidehop with autosprint on, so they're playing significantly faster then you?

I've worked my way through the entire LMG list and I absolutely love all of them, but I popped over to the Volt to level it and the "balance" between hitscan and projectile weapons in this game seems absurd.
Your winrate doubles with a hitscan weapon

I could see myself being a lot more lucky with the L-star if I could cloak and phase shift but I use the grapple for so many weird jumps and shortcuts that i'd just feel kneecapped without it

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 8, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh is that why I can't slide hop proper

Maybe I'm just bad but I can't really see a benefit of it, at least not on console. I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone just zooming across the map doing it

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone .. doing it

:yeah:

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 8, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I slide hope everywhere, though I don't really do air strafing much. On PC though.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Oh is that why I can't slide hop proper

Maybe I'm just bad but I can't really see a benefit of it, at least not on console. I don't think I've ever actually seen anyone just zooming across the map doing it

that's cause the vast majority of people on console are shitters using default controls and a carbine. they are basically playing half the game, zooming around the map is a lot of fun. the other half is flanking people that don't know how to move and exploding them from the inside out while they cry about "exploits".

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

zolthorg posted:

You can't slidehop with autosprint on, so they're playing significantly faster then you?
I'm definitely able to slidehop with autosprint on. I also hold forward while slidehopping because otherwise it puts me to a stop if I doublejump.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
What is the preferred control layout for maximum speed? I managed to regen on the standard scheme but anything that smooths up the game would be cool.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

:confused:

they weren't even new players, they had like 3 regenerated pilots and it didn't seem like my team was stacked either

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

zolthorg posted:

Why do people keep saying this cause it's not true

Unless it's true on consoles then welp

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

ShadowMar posted:

:confused:

they weren't even new players, they had like 3 regenerated pilots and it didn't seem like my team was stacked either

I have encountered many players who essentially cause losses in bounty hunt by thirsting for a huge kdr. Attrition you can win while ignoring mobs, bounty hunt you can't.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Mr.Citrus posted:

I have encountered many players who essentially cause losses in bounty hunt by thirsting for a huge kdr. Attrition you can win while ignoring mobs, bounty hunt you can't.

My preferred course of action in BH is hunting down pilots with a large bonus. With phase shift I am basically this:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People are loving terrible at Bounty Hunt. If I'm playing with pubs, I'll dominate the match probably 80% of the time by a comically large margin and I'm not even that good at the game. Like I said earlier I got 3650 points in BH once with zero kills and my team still lost. Gamers are just horrible at objective based stuff.

If I play with a group of goons the score tends to even out more.

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
I was inclined to believe whoever said that there was no Drydock bounty hunt a couple days ago, since before today I'd never encounter uttered the combo, but i just now did so it's definitely in the rotation.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
So what do all of you do in terms of pilot loadouts? Do you decide on loadouts that you like and stick with them, or do you keep switching things up?

Pretty much since I started playing the game, I've been trying to Gen (at least once) all of the weapons. It's not something to brag about in any way, but I like doing it because it keeps things interesting for me.
I've done all of the asssault rifles, SMGs, sniper rifles, 1 out of 2 shotguns, and 2 out of 3 LMGs. Working on the L-Star and the Mastiff right now.
I have not really touched any of the Grenadier or Pistol weapons... I think I'll eventually give those a shot, but only when I am prepared to accept the fact that I will probably lose many matches in the process.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Volcanic Vents posted:

I was inclined to believe whoever said that there was no Drydock bounty hunt a couple days ago, since before today I'd never encounter uttered the combo, but i just now did so it's definitely in the rotation.

Were you playing mixtape? Because to this day I've only seen it once and it was in mixtape.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

homewrecker posted:

So what do all of you do in terms of pilot loadouts? Do you decide on loadouts that you like and stick with them, or do you keep switching things up?

Pretty much since I started playing the game, I've been trying to Gen (at least once) all of the weapons. It's not something to brag about in any way, but I like doing it because it keeps things interesting for me.
I've done all of the asssault rifles, SMGs, sniper rifles, 1 out of 2 shotguns, and 2 out of 3 LMGs. Working on the L-Star and the Mastiff right now.
I have not really touched any of the Grenadier or Pistol weapons... I think I'll eventually give those a shot, but only when I am prepared to accept the fact that I will probably lose many matches in the process.

i switch up loadouts depending on gametype. hardpoint is a lot more satisfying when you rock a shotgun for defence, but it's not like something you want every day

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It will be a gross oversight if they don't add a Santa hat for Scorch during christmas.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
I'm real lovely at the shooting in this game. I was pretty good at COD Blops2 but this is a weird mix of COD and Battlefield and I can't get my ranges right. Plus it's so fast it's hard to get a bead on someone. What awful load out should my poo poo rear end use?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Captain Internet posted:

I'm real lovely at the shooting in this game. I was pretty good at COD Blops2 but this is a weird mix of COD and Battlefield and I can't get my ranges right. Plus it's so fast it's hard to get a bead on someone. What awful load out should my poo poo rear end use?

Stop using iron sights.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

or at least don't use them in close quarters. People keep saying don't use iron sights throughout the thread, which seems like pretty bad advice for most of the guns.

Anyone who impulsively uses iron sights absolutely needs that quick aim perk to not get wrecked though.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I started playing this and it's really drat fun, just added myself to the goon sheet if any PS4 guys want to play

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Were you playing mixtape? Because to this day I've only seen it once and it was in mixtape.

Yep!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Maybe I just didn't give it a fair go before the patch but the R-97 is pretty drat good fam. Feels like the MP7 in COD, thing just shits bullets

chumbler posted:

It will be a gross oversight if they don't add a Santa hat for Scorch during christmas.

Kinda disappointed with the cosmetic poo poo they've added so far. I mean I'm sure they'll be constantly releasing stuff as time goes on but where's my gaudy poo poo to waste money on? I also want to get the prime titan for Ion but I already have my dewitos skin and buffalo wild wing nose art and it negates both of those :/

Captain Internet posted:

It'll take a couple weeks but it'll "click" and you'll suddenly be twice as good. For me, a lot of loadouts are simply map dependent. I'll run things like the hemlock and devotion on bigger more spread out maps and SMGs and things like the Lstar on the closer ones. Maps like Angel City drat near require the grapple hook. I don't use the 201 anymore but it's the best all around gun, especially for getting a feel for the game. I won't say never ADS--but you'll wanna ADS in this game A LOT less than you have in any other FPS. Just keep your momentum up and be constantly on the move. It also takes a while to unlock the second mod slot for guns but those will help as well. All the anti-titan guns are pretty good. I prefere the thunderbolt but the MGL and charge rifle are prob the best

For you and anyone else starting out buy the diceroll boost outright. You get it pretty fast and it gives you a nice variety of all the boosts so you can see which you prefer. Even after playing a lot it's still all I use.

CharlestonJew posted:

I started playing this and it's really drat fun, just added myself to the goon sheet if any PS4 guys want to play

Have a group of us just about nightly having good ol' fun. I holla

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 8, 2016

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

My preferred course of action in BH is hunting down pilots with a large bonus. With phase shift I am basically this:

Not really though because you aren't getting any points directly into your score unless you bank, and even if you do you can only really get about half of their worth. Most players who only go "hunting" get stomped by us, though in a pub that might be different.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You know, game, I think you kinda messed up on the matchmaking when one guy has 201 points at the end of an attrition match and like one other person has cracked 100. Dude could have singlehandedly beaten our entire team, and I've got no room to talk because I spent the entire game spawning right in front of him and got all of one kill.

And after many attempts I have come to the conclusion that the SMR has no redeeming values. The EPG at least has the gravity star combo.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 8, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeQaiYI22_c
:discourse:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I bought the PC version despite playing the free weekend and it sucks and this is a terrible game and I hate fps games and why the gently caress can't I stop playing?

chumbler posted:

You know, game, I think you kinda messed up on the matchmaking when one guy has 201 points at the end of an attrition match and like one other person has cracked 100.

This would be a very good point if they were actually picking 12 people from a roster instead of praying that 12 people were online. :/

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Not a big fan of match making dropping me in a game half way over.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The only thing that sucks about the PC version is Origin, which is officially a buggier, worse piece of poo poo than Uplay.

Otherwise, it's superior in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Zero people on Angel City, zero people on PvP, during happy hour. Well, back to attrition for me. Double Mag + Run and Gun on the alternator is just the best.