Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

Rushi posted:

Edit: this train has wifi. Who has good train songs? :3:

The last of the good old fashioned steam powered trains, by the Kinks

Nighttime at the switching yard, by Warren Zevon

Old Ruben (trad), performed perhaps by Doc Watson and Clarence Ashley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

I went from Chicago to Arizona on Amtrak. I usually hate travel, but I loved the trip. Good views, decent food, and you can get up and walk around whenever you want. Also, booze.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

alnilam

I love train

Compared to bus the routes i take the trains are like $10 more expensive and nominally 1 hr longer but it's so worth it because the greyhound on my usual routes are always 2+ hours late and they don't goddamn tell you what's going on so you're sitting in the station like am i going to get a bus today or what and it's not even guaranteed you'll get to go on the bus because they overbook and with the delay it would have been faster to take the train after all

Also the train goes along beautiful appalachian river valleys with good views and rocks you gently back and forth in your covered seat whereas the greyhound just travels along the interstate and vibrates with the fury of thousands of CCs of diesel combustion

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
now that i have a car batt-ry, i can go to the gym :woop: gonna be swole, gonna lift weights. gonna be swole, and burn off my saddlebags

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

alnilam

It takes a lot to laugh it takes a train to cry, by Bob Dylan

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

It takes a lot to laugh it takes a train to cry, by Bob Dylan

Quick! Get that man a Nobel Prize!

alnilam

aw shucks :blush:

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?

hamjobs posted:

ETA: fanky fanky get the timbits holiday assortment, there are weird camo balls

I can't, I'm too boring and I only like sour cream glazed. Also I went to Starbucks because it's across the parking lot from my gym. Between that and the fact that I have a personal trainer, I feel like my transformation into the ultimate basic suburban white b*tch is almost complete. I better put Uggs on my Christmas list to make it official.

:krad: sig brought to you by the amazing & beautiful vanisher, feat. Helle Woods, artisinally designed by Death Sext !!!

Senior Management

My dad loves trains and at some point last year he rounded up as many family members as possible and had us drive out to some mountain town and take an old train to another mountain town through the woods.

:jerry:

Senior Management

I just ate way to much food from a Japanese restaurant and now I am going to explode and die.

:jerry:

deadly_pudding

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

now that i have a car batt-ry, i can go to the gym :woop: gonna be swole, gonna lift weights. gonna be swole, and burn off my saddlebags

I've been working out again lately, too. Let's get swole!

It's weird doing strength training when you're fat, because I am like a huge lard but also I can do that thing where I make my pecs dance.

vanisher

Sushi is tricky for me. At first I am comfortably full and then with one additional piece I become very much not that.

Gonna grab a doz donuts for my work homies. Thanks for the inspiration byob chat thread

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Rushi, idk if you live in portland or if you're just visiting, but if you an actually good donut and you have time sometime, you should go to Sesame Donuts on Beaverton-Hillsdale highway because they have a bunch of cheap donuts and donut friends. You can get like 15 donuts holes for like less than 2 bucks I think, and they have different kinds of donut holes. When my gf and I went there for the first time they gave us a free cinnamon roll that they warmed up for us and it was soooooo good. Voodoo is for tourists and is mediocre, and really you should only ever buy the bucket of stale donuts from them.

I.N.R.I

Bo-Pepper posted:

inri you look smashing in your Christmas regalia

thank you, it was made for me by a poster called blackheart. :-]

vanisher

I.N.R.I posted:

thank you, it was made for me by a poster called blackheart. :-]

more like giantheart am I right friends

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

I.N.R.I

vanisher posted:

more like giantheart am I right friends

i agree

social vegan

dang i didn't see that it lit up before v good

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

in chinese culture the color black doesn't carry a stigma whereas white is associated with death hmm it's a lot to think about

Rushi

by Smythe

Munchables posted:

Rushi, idk if you live in portland or if you're just visiting, but if you an actually good donut and you have time sometime, you should go to Sesame Donuts on Beaverton-Hillsdale highway because they have a bunch of cheap donuts and donut friends. You can get like 15 donuts holes for like less than 2 bucks I think, and they have different kinds of donut holes. When my gf and I went there for the first time they gave us a free cinnamon roll that they warmed up for us and it was soooooo good. Voodoo is for tourists and is mediocre, and really you should only ever buy the bucket of stale donuts from them.

I'm actually down in Eugene. :D Haha it really is touristy as hell but I think they got a great fritter and I just got a personal thing for that chocolate pentagram one (they were always delicious at 3am.) I've had sesame once but not fresh, I'll definitely try next time I'm craving in that area.

FluffieDuckie

3 days until the drop dead ship deadline for byob secret santa

if you signed up and didn't send anything now would be an excellent time to panic

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

POOL IS CLOSED

deadly_pudding posted:

I've been working out again lately, too. Let's get swole!

It's weird doing strength training when you're fat, because I am like a huge lard but also I can do that thing where I make my pecs dance.

is the dance where you kinda squeeze like your arm a little bit and then that side of u r chest moves and it's like whoa wow

because h*ck yeah

i missed like 3 weeks thanks to no car battery, being stranded at home sucked but i've gotten a lot of writing & housework done and my mother in law's visit seems to have been a success, so... trade-offs?

joke_explainer

voodoo doughnuts is a lot like grocery store doughnuts, like, if you have ever been to the southeast US and went to a bi-lo (or food lion), bi-lo (or food lion) sells doughnuts with an identical crumb, just voodoo puts weirder stuff on theirs.

blue star doughnuts up by legit great sandwich place Lardo at 13th SW / Burnside area is really good though (however they've taken a drop in quality since the first 3 months they were opened imo)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FluffieDuckie posted:

3 days until the drop dead ship deadline for byob secret santa

if you signed up and didn't send anything now would be an excellent time to panic

panicking rn

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i didn't need the stress so didn't sign up for any of it!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bo-Pepper posted:

i didn't need the stress so didn't sign up for any of it!

i need the stress to get poo poo done otherwise i would lay around and complain about my lumbago all day

i don't know what lumbago is but i'm going to assume it's an RV for camping

deadly_pudding

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

is the dance where you kinda squeeze like your arm a little bit and then that side of u r chest moves and it's like whoa wow

because h*ck yeah

i missed like 3 weeks thanks to no car battery, being stranded at home sucked but i've gotten a lot of writing & housework done and my mother in law's visit seems to have been a success, so... trade-offs?

Yeah that's the one. It's weird how that just becomes a thing you can suddenly do after you do bench presses for a long enough time. I don't think that's a muscle group I would have had any idea how to isolate before :v:

That sucks about your car battery. Mine died a few weeks ago, but thankfully I was in a position to just get a new one. It wasn't one of the weeks like this one where I paid all my bills and now I have $30 in my checking account lol

POOL IS CLOSED

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah that's the one. It's weird how that just becomes a thing you can suddenly do after you do bench presses for a long enough time. I don't think that's a muscle group I would have had any idea how to isolate before :v:

That sucks about your car battery. Mine died a few weeks ago, but thankfully I was in a position to just get a new one. It wasn't one of the weeks like this one where I paid all my bills and now I have $30 in my checking account lol

the real problem is way dumber than money; the nearest place to get one is way too far to walk, and my partner went to some cloud cuckoo land and kept forgetting to pick one up until i had to walk to a dr appointment. shame is a powerful motivator, as are blisters! :science: we're professional adults here in chez pool

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

joke_explainer posted:

voodoo doughnuts is a lot like grocery store doughnuts, like, if you have ever been to the southeast US and went to a bi-lo (or food lion), bi-lo (or food lion) sells doughnuts with an identical crumb, just voodoo puts weirder stuff on theirs.

blue star doughnuts up by legit great sandwich place Lardo at 13th SW / Burnside area is really good though (however they've taken a drop in quality since the first 3 months they were opened imo)

The blue star at the airport just opened and a coworker and I tried it. It was alright, but pretty underwhelming. Sesame is mucho goodo.

joke_explainer

Munchables posted:

The blue star at the airport just opened and a coworker and I tried it. It was alright, but pretty underwhelming. Sesame is mucho goodo.

I'm sorry they disappointed. Somebody who works there said they've cut back on a lot of the quality stuff for cheaper replacements lately, guess they're under some economic pressure.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Is UPS or USPS a better bet this time of the year/month.

joke_explainer

UPS is always better imo but more expensive. USPS is cheap, and you can schedule a pickup at your house if you don't want to take a bunch of poo poo to the post office for free. As long as you box it well it'll be fine in general.

Manifisto

as I recently learned, you can get some pretty decent UPS discounts by linking your eBay account. USPS can be pretty cheap with priority mail, but UPS comes out cheaper sometimes with the discounts.

http://pages.ebay.com/upssavings/index.html

other eBay discounts:

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/carrier-options.html#816210524

it says the UPS discount is for "eBay sellers" but I can confirm it works for packages that have nothing to do with eBay sales

and as a bonus you can print your postage labels at home, schedule UPS pickups, etc.

ty nesamdoom!

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

if you're mailing to Canada, use USPS instead of UPS. UPS up here is very not good.

social vegan

Subjunctive posted:

if you're mailing to Canada, use USPS instead of UPS. UPS up here is very not good.

ya usps links over to canada post in my experience and canada post has become great cuz they'll hold my stuff at the nearest office if I'm not home

POOL IS CLOSED

I love USPS for international mail, they've never lost anything I've sent over the years. And boy howdy I've mailed a lotta p**p overseas.

alnilam

ime usps has a stronger ethic than ups of "deliver this mail no matter what even if the address just says 'alnilam, Pittsburgh' and it's literally an LP with the address taped to it"

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

ime usps has a stronger ethic than ups of "deliver this mail no matter what even if the address just says 'alnilam, Pittsburgh' and it's literally an LP with the address taped to it"

We get amazingly poorly packed stuff sent to work USPS, and they hardly ever arrive destroyed. UPS has a worse track record.

eonwe

im all about the fedex

POOL IS CLOSED

hi :eonwe: how's it hangin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

I feel like I'm coming down with a cold :( i'm going to try to sleep like 12 hours tonight, wish me health