Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
In today's edition of Shafting the DShifter:

What's that, you need targets for your Solitaire? Nah, I think I'll just evolve and suicide minions into your Merlins while I wait to Exodia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Sophism posted:

In today's edition of Shafting the DShifter:

What's that, you need targets for your Solitaire? Nah, I think I'll just evolve and suicide minions into your Merlins while I wait to Exodia.

aren't they supposed to have petrification for that

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Zoness posted:

The average one might not because they haven't run into amulet bs yet / haven't seen them checked off in the netdecks (mine has zero petrifications but I might add some later if I play more). Of course the poster hates dshift so much they will throw matches until they get a chance to run anti dshift, which is a bit petty but hey if you have the cards to build a counter for a popular control meta deck then go for it.

e: They have an earth sigil out? Maybe they do run it but didn't draw it, I don't play the game enough to know

nftyw fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 7, 2016

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Zoness posted:

I imagine they wasted their petrification on something else early on, or they never drew it.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Mainyu is a godsend when I get stuck in a dshift matchup

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Mainyu is a godsend when I get stuck in a dshift matchup
Doesn't Levi or Merlin pick that off? or do you buff it with prayers beforehand?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i mean i don't like dshift either but I don't play the decks that are negative to it so no big deal imo.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

nftyw posted:

The average one might not because they haven't run into amulet bs yet / haven't seen them checked off in the netdecks (mine has zero petrifications but I might add some later if I play more). Of course the poster hates dshift so much they will throw matches until they get a chance to run anti dshift, which is a bit petty but hey if you have the cards to build a counter for a popular control meta deck then go for it.

e: They have an earth sigil out? Maybe they do run it but didn't draw it, I don't play the game enough to know

If they have a sigil out and they haven't played an earthrite card by turn 5 you can safely assume they're just running it for petrification.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Gem Golem has given me fun results in dshift matchups. Not even really a card I intentionally put in, more of a filler card to take advantage of earth rites.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I guess it depends what they run? If they're running a lot of targeting poo poo like fire chain or wind blast then those cards are totally useless against it.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

nftyw posted:

This is in AA3, where there's something like 6 different DShift lists being played right now, and only two of those tech in Petrification. (My opponent definitely runs it, but they didn't draw it.)

Also while I do despise DShift, you're confusing me with the other poster that plays their Anti-DShift in Unranked. This deck is just Elana/Seraph Hybrid.

Basically, if I didn't have a Seraph in my starting hand, I'd have instead tried to abuse two Elana's Prayer to get minions big enough that they couldn't just zap instantly. It's an extremely unfavorable matchup.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Sophism posted:

This is in AA3, where there's something like 6 different DShift lists being played right now, and only two of those tech in Petrification. (My opponent definitely runs it, but they didn't draw it.)

Also while I do despise DShift, you're confusing me with the other poster that plays their Anti-DShift in Unranked. This deck is just Elana/Seraph Hybrid.

Basically, if I didn't have a Seraph in my starting hand, I'd have instead tried to abuse two Elana's Prayer to get minions big enough that they couldn't just zap instantly. It's an extremely unfavorable matchup.

I think there's a card in my deck that bounces followers or amulets but they have to be under 2 mana, and another one that can bounce bigger targets if its spellboosted up but can't target amulets. Really wish it could but it would make it too versatile, I guess.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
red-hot ritual also seems like a bad card even for petrification setup. i think you're probably just better off just not running an earth rite since it takes up a snowman slot and the 2/2 golem really isn't a problem to deal with considering what you're targetting with petrification.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Control Blood has all sorts of good cards that can do some wildly unfair poo poo, but I still haven't seen a list that doesn't just fall over and die against Dshift and it struggles with burst. Dropping somebody from 11 isn't so tough. I feel like it's got a good chance of becoming a real deck but it needs worthwhile wards and an early game that doesn't rely on you mistaking it for Aggro Bats.

Edit: Maybe if the future card base allows for it, a move to a midrange list that still uses some of its tools while trying to get in under Dshift and Seraph would work.

this deck is midrange, and was good enough to win its group in a 1k+ player tourney. Try it out if you've got 31k vials lying around :sax:

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

No Wave posted:

Doesn't Levi or Merlin pick that off? or do you buff it with prayers beforehand?

They absolutely can take it right out but they often don't have them on hand. It doesn't do a lot of damage but it lets me have a board presence to stall with until I can storm with a lot of stuff in one burst. Keeping targetable followers off the board as much as possible seems to give the best chance of pulling out a win before they can shift

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 7, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sophism posted:

Yeah, I'm the one that has the deck with 0% win rate against anything but dshift. But I use it in ranked to both tank my score and be an rear end in a top hat.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i do play dshift in unranked tho, because it's my only rune deck, and i've gotta finish those rune quests somehow

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I ran into a weird hybrid Dshift that used tons of the Earth Rite stuff like the 6-drop banish wipe and tons of conjure guardians to play a more involved/controlling game before winning with the usual 7/7s and shift. Anyone know about this deck or a list? I don't know how consistent it is but it felt pretty strong against me.

Cards I saw it play:
Insight x3
Kaleidoscopic Glow x2
Fate's Hand x2
Red Hot Ritual
Angelic Snipe x3
Ancient Alchemist x2
Conjure Guardians off Alchemist
Calamitous Curse
Wind Blast
Scrap Iron Smelter x2
Sorcery Cache
Flame Destroyer
Dimension Shift

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

_jink posted:

this deck is midrange, and was good enough to win its group in a 1k+ player tourney. Try it out if you've got 31k vials lying around :sax:

I'm working my way towards this list so I have something other than bat aggro, but it's like my first week playing so I have practically no vials.
Just 2 Marys, 3 queens and 3 Erinyes' to go! That's nothin

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Does Queen vampire go into any decks?

1 of in this somewhat different aggro deck https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/rage-group-b-1st-place-aggro-bloodcraft (i have this made as i happen to have a queen vamp but i havent really tried it in ranked play yet)

e: actually i only have 2 fortresses so i added in an alucard because i didnt know what else to throw in. looking at it now a 2nd barrage would probably be better

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 7, 2016

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I ran into a weird hybrid Dshift that used tons of the Earth Rite stuff like the 6-drop banish wipe and tons of conjure guardians to play a more involved/controlling game before winning with the usual 7/7s and shift. Anyone know about this deck or a list? I don't know how consistent it is but it felt pretty strong against me.

Cards I saw it play:
Insight x3
Kaleidoscopic Glow x2
Fate's Hand x2
Red Hot Ritual
Angelic Snipe x3
Ancient Alchemist x2
Conjure Guardians off Alchemist
Calamitous Curse
Wind Blast
Scrap Iron Smelter x2
Sorcery Cache
Flame Destroyer
Dimension Shift

I ran into something like that today. Seems like it's slower to kill since there's less spells but maybe it's better against aggro?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Awesome! posted:

1 of in this somewhat different aggro deck https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/rage-group-b-1st-place-aggro-bloodcraft (i have this made as i happen to have a queen vamp but i havent really tried it in ranked play yet)

e: actually i only have 2 fortresses so i added in an alucard because i didnt know what else to throw in. looking at it now a 2nd barrage would probably be better

Huh, I'll make this and give it a try. I have enough dust for 1 queen and was going to make one anyways for a control list

Edit: I found an animated Odin I don't remember opening, is that a safe vial? I haven't seen practically any lists run it

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 7, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you probably want to keep an odin or two around

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Odin is a tech card against Seraph (and maybe other stuff).

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Hm, alright I'll hang on to that Odin until I get a non-shiny.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I recorded some of my matches in A2 with commentary including freezing to discuss lines of play and spotting where I make decisions that probably aren't optimal -- why I win where I win and lose where I lose.

It's rendering right now and will take eons to do this and upload but if people wanna watch a Storm Haven player talk through stuff, I can post it whenever it's ready. It's long. Like 50 minutes of games and commentary.

Mr. Whale posted:

I ran into something like that today. Seems like it's slower to kill since there's less spells but maybe it's better against aggro?

Yeah I think so. It barely won against me but barely winning is way better than Dshift usually performs. It seemed like a much more fun list too.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i run odin in my newbie lists and it's always a good time when you slam it on a mordecai or seraph and the opponent just goes apeshit

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I recorded some of my matches in A2 with commentary including freezing to discuss lines of play and spotting where I make decisions that probably aren't optimal -- why I win where I win and lose where I lose.

It's rendering right now and will take eons to do this and upload but if people wanna watch a Storm Haven player talk through stuff, I can post it whenever it's ready. It's long. Like 50 minutes of games and commentary.

Sure I'd be interested in seeing it. My play is getting a lot tighter the more I watch stuff

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
I won an elana mirror by odining their seraph so he's cool in my book.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

How do people feel about Angelic Barrage at whatever spot in the meta you're at? I'm thinking of taking it back out. I run into plenty of sword but they're all teching against it now by not running x/1s. It can be good against Forest but that hasn't been enough of the meta at A2 for me to justify it.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Nehru the Damaja posted:

How do people feel about Angelic Barrage at whatever spot in the meta you're at? I'm thinking of taking it back out. I run into plenty of sword but they're all teching against it now by not running x/1s. It can be good against Forest but that hasn't been enough of the meta at A2 for me to justify it.

Still in B3 but the use is a little limited, yeah. Even with forest I tend to draw it when they're using Liza.

e: This was a fun win, they pulled out otohime, I squished her and made a fat gardener and gunner maid, they pulled out another otohime and I dance of death/fat maid'ed them to death

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 8, 2016

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
In like 30-40 minutes I'm gunna do a card review-ish thing for the currently released cards.

If you wanna come join in and yell at me for having bad opinions (or just point out stuff that I missed/didn't think of) feel free.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

had one of the worst arenas ever earlier, pretty bad dragon deck and went first most of the rounds, was 0-4 and losing vs rune, but he was at 8hp and i drew prince of darkness.. with a draw-3 spell in my hand. next turn i got to discard the 13/13 and draw the 6 mana 8/8 storm for lethal while he had lethal on board.

It is kinda frustrating how heavily reliant arena is on going 2nd though, like you can win going 1st but it feels so much harder, you basically have to draw perfectly on curve or hope they misplay (which a fair amount of people still do)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Sure I'd be interested in seeing it. My play is getting a lot tighter the more I watch stuff

It's uploaded but Youtube has been a dick lately about processing hell, where my video currently is.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Golden Battler posted:

In like 30-40 minutes I'm gunna do a card review-ish thing for the currently released cards.

If you wanna come join in and yell at me for having bad opinions (or just point out stuff that I missed/didn't think of) feel free.

Stream's over friends. I dunno how many of the people were watching were from here based on Twitch names, but if you actually sat through me rambling, then thanks for watching.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So I did a couple of rerolls and ended up with the following legendaries from 39 packs:

Otohime, Forte, Crstalia Tia, Alexander x2, Fairy Princess, Jeann D'Arc

Is this a good pull or should I make a backup and try for better?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i would keep trying

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I've embraced the DShift because low rank (D-C) is pretty much 75-80% Elana and it means aggro just does not exist thanks to that loving deck.

shoc77
Apr 21, 2015
So I've finally escaped newbie land and reached the halcyon of elite rank play that is B1.

Problem is I'm seeing a lot more optimised decks and a butt load of elana havens.

What is the best counter towards that meta?

The best decks I currently have is probably sword (1 Otomeme, 1 aurelia and 1 tsubaki) and dragon(3 fortes) and even these two don't see fast enough as usually, my early minions get unritual banished, followed by consecutive waves of thermis decrees denying me any semblance of board presence and eventually negating my previous damage done by playing a butt ton of healing cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

If your Face Dragon has the full complement of Fortes, that's a pretty good pick really. Just play around Themis when possible and punish with storm damage. Any deck that tries to win by hitting someone in the face without any tricks can still lose if Elana gets a lucky draw like several early beastcallers followed by a chain of heals, but the average draw is going to struggle with all that burst.

• Locked thread