Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
For some reason I dont remember ever getting this free wedge on my ios game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, that's super cool for people who haven't been playing this game for over a year like most of us.

Yeah, I was on the fence on whether or not to keep playing my level 65ish alt, and then iOS got Wedge and it killed any desire I had to keep playing. I went from top 5ing to being held out of top 20 within a couple days. So, I mean, all things considered I think it was a good thing (for me, cause now I'm not playing an alt wtf is wrong with me), it's just ridiculous that it changed the balance by that much for anyone who is newer at the game.

WerrWaaa posted:

For some reason I dont remember ever getting this free wedge on my ios game

This happened right around ships release. iOS got 4* Wedge + 2* ship, while Android got 4* Biggs + 2* ship.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I'm up to lvl 42, and have a bunch of characters at this point, so just wondering who I should be focusing on?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Orgophlax posted:

I'm up to lvl 42, and have a bunch of characters at this point, so just wondering who I should be focusing on?

Biggs, STH, Lando (cantina), QGJ, RG

e: Also, I would recommend logging in from a Galaxy S 7 device (you can do this with Memu from your computer) if you haven't already, you get free stuff.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Can't believe I've been playing this dumb game for a year now :negative:

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Malgrin posted:

Biggs, STH, Lando (cantina), QGJ, RG

e: Also, I would recommend logging in from a Galaxy S 7 device (you can do this with Memu from your computer) if you haven't already, you get free stuff.

Thanks. And I would if the computer I'm using could actually run Memu.

Question about this list in the OP:

quote:

Priority Heroes (Roughly in order):
LS/DS Hard mode: Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, Rey, Daka, Barriss, Jedi Consular.
Cantina battles: Lando, Wedge, Jedi Knight Anakin, Royal Guard, Geonosian Soldier, Old Ben, Chief Chirpa
Cantina credits: QGJ, Daka, Fives, Hoth Rebel Scout
Arena credits: Stormtrooper Han, IG-88, Admiral Ackbar, Leia
Galactic War credits: Lumi, Teebo, Biggs, Phasma, Poggle, IG-86
Scoundrels for Credit Heist (THIS IS SUPER IMPORTANT): STH (Arena), IG-88 (Arena), Lando (Cantina), 2 more of whatever crap you feel like farming. You really just need those first 3 at high power to get through it, and STH and Lando double as rebels, so super worth it.
Easiest Jedi for Yoda event: Lumi (GW), JC (Cantina Battles/Hard), Eeth Koth (Arena), QGJ (Cantina), Barriss (Cantina Battles, Hard)
Best Rebels for Palp event: AA (Arena), STH (Arena), Lando (Cantina), Wedge (Cantina), Biggs (GW). Alternates: HRScout (Cantina Credits), Leia (Arena).
Is this saying to get one character, then move on to the next, or get maxed stars for one before working on the next?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Orgophlax posted:

Thanks. And I would if the computer I'm using could actually run Memu.

Question about this list in the OP:
Is this saying to get one character, then move on to the next, or get maxed stars for one before working on the next?

It mostly depends. For the most part, I'd recommend taking a hero to 6* and then moving on to the next. That last star takes awhile and doesn't benefit you much from a PVP standpoint. However, you can't participate in T7 Rancor without a 7* hero, so you might want one 7*. Also, at this point, I'd probably get Biggs before Teebo from GW. You can also stop Lumi at 5* to go for Biggs. With Lando (L), STH, RG, and QGJ, Biggs is actually pretty good (and you'll want him for when you can get Wedge and they become the power duo).

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
The main thing that helped me parse through all the character choices was to realize there are 4 locations from which you can farm (Cantina battles/shop, arena, GW). So the way I apprpached it was to pick the most important character from each location and farm them to 6 stars. My first choices (recently completed) were Lando, QGJ, Lumi, and STH. Your mileage may vary. If you finish Lando before you reach lvl 69 and Wedge, pick a jedi or 2 to work on for the Yoda event (If you want Yoda).

They've buffed Boba since I started so he might be a better choice than QGJ from cantina shards. Plus you get bonus shards for him this month.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

If you finish Lando before you reach lvl 69 and Wedge, pick a jedi or 2 to work on for the Yoda event (If you want Yoda).

Don't do this, work on some 3* mods. You should get a few sets of 1* mods while working through battles at level 50 (worth taking a break from Lando for this) -- getting some high level allies in your list will help a lot with this -- and then come back around level 60-65 to work on whatever mod challenges you can do -- if you've got Lando and 88 decently leveled, I would recommend the crit chance mod challenges, and then farming 3* cc mods until you can start farming Wedge (level 69).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Ahsoka is pushing up in importance, being that she can nuke taunts in ship combat.

edit:

Also, holy loving poo poo farming mods is a pain in the rear end. I blew 2 cantina refreshes to just get throw-away health mods for my ship pilots and I just keep getting the same 3 left-side mods over and over. All of my pilots have the 3 left-side mods.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 8, 2016

Noonsa
Jan 18, 2003
For the love of god, anything other than the
Hey IGD guys,

I just started playing again after pausing for a few months. What's the reason the damage has to start on the rancor raid at a particular time?

The 9PM Pacific time is a killer for me since I live in Asia-Pacific and that is like 3AM, so I always miss it completely and I really need the loot that comes from it.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Malgrin posted:

Decided to just try this anyway, and followed this guide on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/51cvh2/psa_galaxy_note_7_promotion/

But it's not giving me the pack. Am I missing something?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Noonsa posted:

Hey IGD guys,

I just started playing again after pausing for a few months. What's the reason the damage has to start on the rancor raid at a particular time?

The 9PM Pacific time is a killer for me since I live in Asia-Pacific and that is like 3AM, so I always miss it completely and I really need the loot that comes from it.

The reason was to give the most people an opportunity to get damage in. We alternate damage start times between 9AM and 9PM pacific. I'm sure we'd be willing to entertain some suggestions for different start times, however what we have is the best we could come up with the last time we had this discussion.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Orgophlax posted:

Decided to just try this anyway, and followed this guide on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/51cvh2/psa_galaxy_note_7_promotion/

But it's not giving me the pack. Am I missing something?

No clue. Worked for me.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

Don't do this, work on some 3* mods. You should get a few sets of 1* mods while working through battles at level 50 (worth taking a break from Lando for this) -- getting some high level allies in your list will help a lot with this -- and then come back around level 60-65 to work on whatever mod challenges you can do -- if you've got Lando and 88 decently leveled, I would recommend the crit chance mod challenges, and then farming 3* cc mods until you can start farming Wedge (level 69).

I conpletely forgot about mod challenges because they were WAY out of reach for me when they first became available. I'm backtracking now and have a few 3* sets. Thanks for the advice.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Noonsa posted:

Hey IGD guys,

We start the raid 12 hours ahead of time.

Just throw your lowest level/shittiest minion at it and let it die and you'll put up a donut.

You won't be ranked high, but you will be ranked and get loot/han shards.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Did the palptatine event last a week last time? I'm trying to help a friend figure out a way to get enough 7 star rebels. Right now the best I could come up with requires ~100 ackbar shards from fleet shipments between now and the end of the event. Is that asking too much? What about with a refresh or 2 a day or something?

Also, just a sanity check scarif pathfinder is a good character and not a bad idea to farm right? I think if he starts scarif now he can get him at least to 6 stars before hte event ends assuming it lasts a week.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Did the palptatine event last a week last time? I'm trying to help a friend figure out a way to get enough 7 star rebels. Right now the best I could come up with requires ~100 ackbar shards from fleet shipments between now and the end of the event. Is that asking too much? What about with a refresh or 2 a day or something?

Also, just a sanity check scarif pathfinder is a good character and not a bad idea to farm right? I think if he starts scarif now he can get him at least to 6 stars before hte event ends assuming it lasts a week.

If he doesn't have Wiggs, AA is pretty important to beating it -- especially if they up the difficulty like they did for Yoda (level 80->85 since we last saw EP event). Since they haven't posted anything yet, and we know that the Jyn event is coming in one week, I'm going to give an approximate date of the 24th for EP event, and yes, it lasted one week last time. This gives you about 3 weeks and a couple days to get there. If he can place top 100 in arena, that's around 230 AA shards, and since you get a free AA for doing fleet stuff, he should be able to get there, although it will be close.

SRP isn't too bad, he's not in the top tier of tanks (STH, RG, Shore, Baze), but from what I've heard, he's somewhere up there. His self revive isn't terribly relevant because he comes back with not very much health. On the plus side, he's in the 8 cost cantina section, so you can farm him the fastest.

What heroes does he have so far?

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Malgrin posted:

If he doesn't have Wiggs, AA is pretty important to beating it -- especially if they up the difficulty like they did for Yoda (level 80->85 since we last saw EP event). Since they haven't posted anything yet, and we know that the Jyn event is coming in one week, I'm going to give an approximate date of the 24th for EP event, and yes, it lasted one week last time. This gives you about 3 weeks and a couple days to get there. If he can place top 100 in arena, that's around 230 AA shards, and since you get a free AA for doing fleet stuff, he should be able to get there, although it will be close.

SRP isn't too bad, he's not in the top tier of tanks (STH, RG, Shore, Baze), but from what I've heard, he's somewhere up there. His self revive isn't terribly relevant because he comes back with not very much health. On the plus side, he's in the 8 cost cantina section, so you can farm him the fastest.

What heroes does he have so far?

Well he still needs 95 STH shards. He's only level 60 right now so maybe I shouldn't suggest he goes whole hog because it will also put him behind in farming wedge.

He's got
6 star STH
4 star AA
5 star biggs
7 star Lando

So he'll need 250 AA and 95 STH. He manages top 10 in arena right now, sometimes top 5 but he'll need to basically average top 10 AND still get 100 AA shards from ship fleet assuming ~22 days til the event ends.

So that leaves him a cantina hero of his choosing, could go Luke, but I assumed scariff would be better. At 8 energy, he could 7 star either of those with 100 x 2 pretty easily (~22 days 0-7 star for 8 energy). As a safety precaution I'd probably suggest he spends an extra 200x crystals if he ever falls behind.

That leaves the fact that he'll have an odd team without Wiggs and be roughly level 70 if he's able to get the required AA fleet shipments with refreshes..

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Well he still needs 95 STH shards. He's only level 60 right now so maybe I shouldn't suggest he goes whole hog because it will also put him behind in farming wedge.

He's got
6 star STH
4 star AA
5 star biggs
7 star Lando

So he'll need 250 AA and 95 STH. He manages top 10 in arena right now, sometimes top 5 but he'll need to basically average top 10 AND still get 100 AA shards from ship fleet assuming ~22 days til the event ends.

So that leaves him a cantina hero of his choosing, could go Luke, but I assumed scariff would be better. At 8 energy, he could 7 star either of those with 100 x 2 pretty easily (~22 days 0-7 star for 8 energy). As a safety precaution I'd probably suggest he spends an extra 200x crystals if he ever falls behind.

That leaves the fact that he'll have an odd team without Wiggs and be roughly level 70 if he's able to get the required AA fleet shipments with refreshes..

He won't be able to beat the 7* challenge....it was very hard the last time we saw it, which was level 80? Tell him to get AA and Biggs to 6* (He can get biggs to 7* easy during this time frame). SRP is probably better than Luke, but you do need damage to beat the challenge...HRScout is another option -- can be farmed from hard and cantina tokens -- so that's about 7-10 shards per day times 3 weeks = 180 to 210. If he can do two cantina refreshes per day, I would say go that route over HR Scout. If he does that, he'll be able to go for better mods with cantina energy to improve his chances. If I recall correctly, the 6* took a decent squad to beat, so he may only be able to do the 5* challenge anyways.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Malgrin posted:

He won't be able to beat the 7* challenge....it was very hard the last time we saw it, which was level 80? Tell him to get AA and Biggs to 6* (He can get biggs to 7* easy during this time frame). SRP is probably better than Luke, but you do need damage to beat the challenge...HRScout is another option -- can be farmed from hard and cantina tokens -- so that's about 7-10 shards per day times 3 weeks = 180 to 210. If he can do two cantina refreshes per day, I would say go that route over HR Scout. If he does that, he'll be able to go for better mods with cantina energy to improve his chances. If I recall correctly, the 6* took a decent squad to beat, so he may only be able to do the 5* challenge anyways.

He'd need 230 for HR Scout so I don't think the math is there. Alternatively he could basically do the same AA fleet shipments trick (he'd need ~100 AA from shipments) and 6 star AA and leia (he already has her at 2 star).

I'm not sure I like that over SRP but I really dont' want him to miss it.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

In a somewhat similar vein, what gear levels do I need my dudes at to 7* the emperor? I have STHan and Lando at G10, but Biggs is only G7, as are Ackbar and Leia (I think I have Wedge at G8, but he's only 4* and I really doubt I can get him to 7* before the event rolls around).

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Spakstik posted:

In a somewhat similar vein, what gear levels do I need my dudes at to 7* the emperor? I have STHan and Lando at G10, but Biggs is only G7, as are Ackbar and Leia (I think I have Wedge at G8, but he's only 4* and I really doubt I can get him to 7* before the event rolls around).

Unfortunately, we have no clue. I think in the last event, most of my Rebels were G8-G9. I would be surprised if the event isn't tuned for level 85 though, which could mean G9-G10. I know I did it with AA, Leia, Lando, Luke and HRScout. Luke and HRS are still G8. Leia was G8 to G9, and AA/Lando were G9-G10.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Malgrin posted:

Unfortunately, we have no clue. I think in the last event, most of my Rebels were G8-G9. I would be surprised if the event isn't tuned for level 85 though, which could mean G9-G10. I know I did it with AA, Leia, Lando, Luke and HRScout. Luke and HRS are still G8. Leia was G8 to G9, and AA/Lando were G9-G10.

Balls. I hope they don't go overboard on the tuning, if they go that route. I remember they did something similar with the Yoda event, which I thought was kind of silly.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

New phase 4 best, go Team Evil

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Malgrin posted:

SRP is probably better than Luke, but you do need damage to beat the challenge...

So his options are basically:
- SRP
- Luke
- scramble like hell and 6 star leia which requires a lot of AA fleet purchases.

His team would be:
Sth
Lando
Biggs
Aa
And whatever we pick for the last.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Mr. Neutron posted:

Is there a better option for Snowtrooper? He just seems so underwhelming.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

Did 2 mil with this team with Rex instead of Akbar yesterday. Suck it empire

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Karzon posted:

Is there a better option for Snowtrooper? He just seems so underwhelming.

Veers. But he is hard nodes only and it's only a slight improvement.

two_step posted:

Did 2 mil with this team with Rex instead of Akbar yesterday. Suck it empire

There really is nothing in this game save for dark side nodes that Wiggs cannot solve, is there?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I need to get my wedge up so bad...

I NEED SO MANY loving CREDITS!!!!!

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Neutron posted:

There really is nothing in this game save for dark side nodes that Wiggs cannot solve, is there?

Pretty much, yeah. I was hitting my head against ship battles and couldn't even breach top 300 up until I got Wiggs' ships, and now I'm getting close to top 100.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

I NEED SO MANY loving CREDITS!!!!!

Same. I have so many characters that I want to use, or could use that are underleveled.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Ok so we finished another tank raid. By request we'll start an epic one next. This means that there are no squad refreshes, so you need to conserve your best team for any given phase. Teams were listed earlier, maybe someone can copy them again so they're fresh. We have 2 days, so if you're in a non-american time zone and you feel you have a strong team for p1, post here so we can start before you have to sleep.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

quote:

Hello SWGOH community, I'm the GM of Alpha Squad, an independent guild that has managed to clear heroic AAT and currently has it on farm status. When AAT first came out, we cleared regular AAT in 6 refreshes but we knew we were light-years away from a heroic kill. We also took that time to read up on the heroic strategies published by TI / Team Skunk. In general, there was a consensus that you needed 50 players that had the ability to do "2 % per phase." The reality is that Alpha Squad has 2-3 whales, some dolphins, some guppies, and lots of F2P. We had under 10 players that can clear 2% per phase so our chances of clearing heroic AAT with the generally published strats were slim to none. We persevered and did some research and discovered that great teams can do 5 to 10% in a single phase with the right gear, mods, strategies, player skill, AND of course RNG. With this in mind, we formulated the "Super Team" strategy. This strategy has been deployed by Alpha Squad as well as other underpowered guilds that we've shared it with - with good success. If you're in a guild struggling with getting your players to build 4 viable heroic AAT teams, perhaps you start asking your guild to build one or two "Super Teams" and give this strategy a shot.

The general guild roster guidelines are as follows:

1) Each player is responsible for building 1 to 2 amazing "Super Teams" that can do 5% or more in a phase. Given the Wiggs meta, many players already have a "Super Team" in hand - Rebels
2) A core of 2 to 5 heavy hitters will be expected to contribute 5% or more in 3 to 4 phases
3) Don't spread yourselves thin trying to build 4 teams to tackle heroic. Build 1 to 2 teams at G10/G11 with excellent mods and shoot for north of 5%. "G11 or Bust" is our guild motto.
4) DO NOT throw away skilled players with thin rosters. As of now, we've killed heroic 4 times. We have 5 to 6 players that have a grand total of ONE (1) heroic AAT ready team (maxed rebels) and little of anything else. Other heroic guilds have rejected these players, but they find a home with Alpha Squad because we only ask for one amazing run (4 to 6%) and then they can do 1% in the other phases.
5) DO NOT worry so much about escaping/retreating with your toons, just get the best attempt possible. If you can pull 5% in a phase with your Super Team, it doesn't matter that they all died in the process of pulling that amazing run.

The Super Team Strategy by Phase:

Phase 1 (20 to 30 good Jedi Teams)
- Team: Jedis (IGD, Aayla, Anakin leads are all viable)
- Damage Goal: 2 -3% for average Jedis, Superteam Jedis aim for 5 to 7%
- One attack only, if your Jedi can't do 2%, skip the phase and save Jedi for phase 3

Phase 2 (All your Droid teams with a little help from Rebels)
- Team: Droids (HK, 88, 86, Nebit, JE), if you do not have Nebit, you may substitute with GG or IG100
- Damage Goal: 2 -3% for average to good Droids, Super Team Droids: 6 to 9%
- One attack only per player
- If your guild lacks the droid firepower to finish P2, send 5 to 10 rebel squads after your droids go to complete phase 2

Phase 3 (ZERG ZERG ZERG)
- Teams: Chirpatine, Teebotine, Jawas, or Jawa Mix (3 Jaws + 2 others)
- Damage Goal: 2% for Teebotine and Jawas. Superteam Chirpaltines: 4 to 6%
- SEND ALL TEAMS EXCEPT FOR REBELS (B, C, D Teams)
- B, C, and D teams should aim for 50 to 100k in damage (0.5 to 1%)

Phase 4 (30 to 35 Rebel Super Teams Close it Out)
- Team: Rebels - Wedge (L), Biggs, Lando, Leia (or Solo), Scarif Rebel Patfinder (or STH or AA)
- Damage Goal: Regular Rebels: 2%, Superteam Rebels: 6 to 10%

e:
Again, I really want to stress that if you can do P1 Rancor, you can get 4% or more with ewoks in P1. If you have Chirpatine, then you'll want to go Teebo, EE, QGJ, Yoda, Phasma (can also run E. Scout, Rex, or Chewie in there). If you have Chirpa but not EP, run Chirpa in place of Yoda. Run high potency mods. Count the times you do damage to GG, and make sure you kill the other droids before dealing damage 7 times to him. Line it up so that Teebo hits him the 7th time and removes all TM. After that, try to make the 7th hit some kind of consistent TM down, and you can chain a few of these, doing 4-6% damage to him.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 8, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I've kicked off a heroic tank raid. Please don't attack until you read Mal's post above.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Only team I've really got there is a Rebel (That is geared + Level'd + Star'd), so I'll hang back until the final phase for them. I'll try to help during Zerg phase though with whatever else I have.

I really should finish a droid team. I have the Jawa's ready.. I have all of those at 7 star, just not leveled (Except Nebit) or geared. Bleh.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 8, 2016

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Davethulhu posted:

I've kicked off a heroic tank raid. Please don't attack until you read Mal's post above.

Is each character one and done for the entirety of the raid, or do they refresh on the second day? I ask because I'd probably use EE in P1 and P3 if possible.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Karzon posted:

Is each character one and done for the entirety of the raid, or do they refresh on the second day? I ask because I'd probably use EE in P1 and P3 if possible.

One and done, no character refreshes are given in heroic raids.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

e:
Again, I really want to stress that if you can do P1 Rancor, you can get 4% or more with ewoks in P1. If you have Chirpatine, then you'll want to go Teebo, EE, QGJ, Yoda, Phasma (can also run E. Scout, Rex, or Chewie in there). If you have Chirpa but not EP, run Chirpa in place of Yoda. Run high potency mods. Count the times you do damage to GG, and make sure you kill the other droids before dealing damage 7 times to him. Line it up so that Teebo hits him the 7th time and removes all TM. After that, try to make the 7th hit some kind of consistent TM down, and you can chain a few of these, doing 4-6% damage to him.

I tried this a couple of times, it seems really iffy, I was only able to get it to work once, and retreated after things went bad. You kill all the other droids (but one I assume, to have someone to hit instead of GG), then teebo his 7th hit, but then when you start whaling on him he seems to call the droids back before his next 7th time taking a hit. Am I missing something? My Yoda is pretty crappy, I might try swapping out Ewok Scout, maybe that would help. The damage on the team just seems too weak to actually make a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I just had a 20 minute GW battle. They had a Sun Fac and I had low DPS D-team to finish off the final node. He'd counter attack and heal all the damage I did. This on repeat for 20 minutes.

I need Sun Fac.