Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
Everyone just remember that Linehan won't get to bring our o-line or Zeke with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

FizFashizzle posted:

Throw

The

loving

Ball

*Snap

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

I think we all want Oakland to win the SB.

Eh. I like the Raiders and generally hate the Cowboys, but maybe BBP would come back in which case go The Cowboys

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Todd Haley might be the only coach in America more surly than New York media, which is kind of impressive.

He'd also do it just to improve his pool of potential swingers for him and his wife.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gynecolojustice posted:

Wherever Haley goes he leaves a trail of well-developed WRs but I dunno how much of a QB guru he is

Would you call Dwayne Bowe one of those well-developed WRs?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pubic works project posted:

Would you call Dwayne Bowe one of those well-developed WRs?

Yeah? He lost a step and fell off a cliff but he's the best or second best WR Kansas City has ever had. The other guy in the conversation played from 1965-75.

e: If it's not obvious from that KC has had a bunch of really loving bad receivers.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Gynecolojustice posted:

His GM was Pioli and QB was Cassel

That's I mean, for that entire Pioli era the Chiefs were a giant clusterfuck of an organization. There's no doubt that Haley is a huge rear end in a top hat. I don't think the evidence is there that he's too big of an rear end in a top hat to be a successful coach.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm actually kinda of fine with Bowles for now. But Haley or Coughlin would be decent options should Woody take his cue from the back pages again and fire him.

Haley came up with the Jets
and is a solid offensive guy. His father was a Jets guy. It's not the worst fit to allow him to develop a QB.

Why is that a good thing?

Also gently caress bringing in a 70 year old Giants retread. I think Bowles is a bad coach but I don't want either of those guys replacing him.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/Jimmy_Durkin/status/806630819427020800

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Raiders, bitch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Con Air was a good movie.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Todd Haley is never leaving Pittsburgh. First of all, his father was the director of Player Personnel who (along with Noll and Bill Nunn) built the Steelers into a winning franchise. It's literally his hometown. Two, he will have at least 5 more years with Ben, Bell and AB, and like, what creative OC would want to got to Bortles over that? Three, he loving hates the media, and in Pittsburgh, no one gives a poo poo whether or not he ever talks to reporters. And lastly, the Rooneys will pay him whatever he wants to stay, that's how they do.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
yeah when he was in KC it was an open secret that he wanted to coach in Pittsburgh, and he even drafted Jon Baldwin basically because of his Pittsburgh roots and love of big fast WRs or whatever

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Todd Haley is never leaving Pittsburgh. First of all, his father was the director of Player Personnel who (along with Noll and Bill Nunn) built the Steelers into a winning franchise. It's literally his hometown. Two, he will have at least 5 more years with Ben, Bell and AB, and like, what creative OC would want to got to Bortles over that? Three, he loving hates the media, and in Pittsburgh, no one gives a poo poo whether or not he ever talks to reporters. And lastly, the Rooneys will pay him whatever he wants to stay, that's how they do.

I get all that, but...well one who wants to be a head coach? He's in a good spot but is he going to wait another 15 or more years before Tomlin decides to quit? Pittsburgh sticks with head coaches like no one else.

Maybe he's totally content to be a new Dick LeBeau but I wouldn't exactly bet on that.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 8, 2016

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I get all that, but...well one who wants to be a head coach? He's in a good spot but is he going to wait another 15 or more years before Tomlin decides to quit? Pittsburgh sticks with head coaches like no one else.

Maybe he's totally content to be a new Dick LeBeau but I wouldn't exactly bet on that.

I don't think he wants the media attention of being HC, especially not in a market like NYC. I could be wrong, but he seems perfectly content in his role, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he slid into a front office role when the franchise QB retires.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Dubious posted:

Remember when last week's thread title was the browns can't lose in their bye week?

Well, they did

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/806569615329525766

Can't really blame the kid for injuring himself when he's preparing his body for the Thunderdome.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

kiimo posted:

In 2015 the Chiefs had 0% odds to make the playoffs and they won a playoff game for the first time since 1993. This year they twice have had 1% odds to win the game and won.

Get on the bandwagon, this is the 2015 Royals all over again.

I shudder to think of what Parm would do if the Chiefs won a SB in his lifetime, and the QB for it was Alex Smith, and the MVP for it was Tyreek Hill

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

I shudder to think of what Parm would do if the Chiefs won a SB in his lifetime, and the QB for it was Alex Smith, and the MVP for it was Tyreek Hill

never post again

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

I would troll him mercilessly tbh

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think Todd Haley would be a good coach in San Diego.

Good QB, young and good RB and a top receiver and good Tight End. I think he could have a really good Offense if they improved the Offensive Line.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kiimo posted:

Also if I sound worked up it isn't because the power rankings it's because I'm posting from my car during rush hour and there's a spider somewhere in this car. It was on my shoulder and was walking on my shoulder and is now around somewhere so basically it's the end times

People looking at their phones during rush hour is why rush hour is so much longer than it used to be.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

bad rear end lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mother of god

My 6 year old wants me to take him birding

Kawalimus how do I extinguish this flame

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

Intruder posted:

Mother of god

Bring a shotgun and a pouch of #7 shot shells.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Intruder posted:

Mother of god

thats one of the signs of FAS

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Intruder posted:

Mother of god

Encourage it. Buy him a Sibleys guidebook, a pair of binoculars, get yourselves matching khaki mesh vests and tilley hats and go find all the birds there are to find. By the time he's 13, he won't want anything to do with it.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Finger Prince posted:

Encourage it. Buy him a Sibleys guidebook, a pair of binoculars, get yourselves matching khaki mesh vests and tilley hats and go find all the birds there are to find. By the time he's 13, he won't want anything to do with it.

Ding ding ding.

Be supportive and encouraging. Let adolescent/teenage hormones do all the work of driving them away.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
What the hell is birding. Like bird watching?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Just make sure there aren't any neighborhood kids into melittology.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

What the hell is birding. Like bird watching?

You spend hours trying to see a bird and then go home

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Intruder posted:

We called this pheasant hunting when I lived in Indiana.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Intruder posted:

it sounds like it's self-extinguishing

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
So since SAS Secret Santa probably isn't firing this year, are there any Phins or Raiders posters who want a cool shirt for your team, and who can fit into a very snug medium tee (probably closer to a small TBH)? I bought a couple of awesome knock-off NFL shirts a couple years ago on a trip to Thailand with the intent to give them out during SASSS but that hasn't gone off since I came back sooooo gently caress it.

(yes the dolphin is wearing sunglasses)

Back of the Dolphins shirt (in between the shoulder blades)-

Back of the Raiders shirt-

The symbol to the left of the helmet is the logo for Super Bowl XXXIV :psyberger:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Take him, but wear a green screen suit and reenact any scene from the Bird Up episode of the Eric Andre Show, ruining his chance at enjoying the birdwatching but improving his chance of liking quality programming

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Ding ding ding.

Be supportive and encouraging. Let adolescent/teenage hormones do all the work of driving them away.

You: "The hormones will kick in! He'll pull through and ignore it in no time."

*Opens front door*

*Written on the counters, the floor, the walls, the ceiling are paragraphs and paragraphs of words written in dissected bird feathers*

"FIRST OFF, THE RAVENS ARE CURSED, JUST THE WORST FRANCHISE IN FOOTBALL. THEY ARE GOING TO LOSE TO THE BROWNS EASILY. FLACCO IS JUST NOT A VIABLE STARTER, I REALLY THINK OTHER FANS DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT WE HAVE TO WATCH ON A YEARLY BASIS...."

You: "Noooooooo....NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sure the Ravens won the Superbowl but now John Harbaugh's job is safe so I kind of wish we hadn't won

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Honestly we can't be sure so probably gotta kill him

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

C-Euro posted:

So since SAS Secret Santa probably isn't firing this year, are there any Phins or Raiders posters who want a cool shirt for your team, and who can fit into a very snug medium tee (probably closer to a small TBH)? I bought a couple of awesome knock-off NFL shirts a couple years ago on a trip to Thailand with the intent to give them out during SASSS but that hasn't gone off since I came back sooooo gently caress it.

(yes the dolphin is wearing sunglasses)

Back of the Dolphins shirt (in between the shoulder blades)-

Back of the Raiders shirt-

The symbol to the left of the helmet is the logo for Super Bowl XXXIV :psyberger:

Oh my god. These are amazing. I need to go to Thailand!

Edit: petition to change the name of the Super Bowl to the You Can Do it! Annual Tournament

Guido Merkens fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 8, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Come up with the most unlikely bird to see in your area and when the kid gets excited about something patiently explain why it's not all that special. And is in fact the worst bird ever, it's amazing that this bird was ever hired hatched. Find some particular action of the bird and describe it as pathetic. Over and over again. Ask if the blue jay is really a corvid caliber bird. Compare every bird you might glimpse to the absolute best bird ever imagined and find them lacking in every way, again, constantly. Pine for the days of the Great Auk and wish you could just have a Great Auk to look at now, because what we really need are Great Auks. And that bird isn't one.

Also complain a lot about trout. He might wonder what the hell that has to do with birds, but tell him how trout fans were mean to you and it made you hate them forever for no real reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I also feel like I need to cultivate in him a hatred for the cardinal

Not because of football :v:

• Locked thread