Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Enderzero posted:

Oh my god man, I was referring to the part where he says he wants to see Negan rape someone

I may have misread that. I was reading it as sarcasm because he knew it wouldn't happen, period. I've got no desire to see someone get raped.

Hell, I'm glad they cut down the Maggie-Governor rape and skipped the Michonne rape entirely, big time.

ED: Just in case there's any lingering confusion:

I think rape is bad.
I think Negan is also bad.
I think Negan has earned a death sentence he's so bad.
I think wasteland societies can redefine the law anyway they want.

There. Literally all I did was compare the situation to real world laws, which I had absolutely no part in writing, to explain why some people (including the character himself) have a hosed up morality. Never wavered on any of these points.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

In the comics we soon learn that Negan is a secret gayman and all he does is feed these women cake, I read ahead and I'm ok with him now.

Yea, but in the next chapter it's revealed he's a Mormon secret gayman, so those ladies still gotta be his slaves in the after-life.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Blazing Ownager posted:

I never understood why there were no ramifications for Shane doing that other than Lori being one of the most horrendously written characters on the show.
I guess I vener really hated Lori too much because of loving Andrea

Enderzero posted:

This isn't a loving court and we aren't jurors. Using simple principles of reason we can see that Negan is a rapist.

What is it with these rape apologists and not knowing the word coercion?

what the gently caress man. what the gently caress.
Yes; I can see why Negan would be accused of rape by the women, husbands, and silent 3rd party (viewers) but what it boils down to is this: he gave them a choice; an impossible choice, but one where the options are lovely and a what the women believe to be a lot shittier. What's so interesting about the dynamic we do see is that not all the women do in fact, take the choice to be his wife. Some become soldiers, some run, some just aren't 'super hot'. But the women who can't fight, aren't strong enough to fight, or are just generally still attractive after 6 years of probably not the most balanced of breakfasts, do in fact willingly subject themselves to whatever 'being Negan's wife' entails.
But until we see Negan's pale rear end bouncing and the woman under him screams for him to stop and he doesn't he's just not a rapist. He's just a very very influential man.
I don't however expect to see anything resembling that, ever, because AMC would never show anything like that.

As to the Olivia comment; her emotional breakdown to Negan's mere presence is just so delicious. I really really want them to push that to the absolute edge; and then for them to jump completely off the deep end and really cement Negan's rape side with her specially.
If their gonna make him a rapist then by god he needs to really rape someone suuuuper hard.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Sjs00 posted:

You really shouldn't insult people like that because technically he's correct. Negan hasn't yet accomplished, on screen, what by TWD and AMC's standards qualifies as rape. I think they standard set is twofold
Season 1: Shane shoving his hand in Lori's pants/ underwear at the CDC; totally rape.
Season 3: The Gov. putting his hands on Maggie while she was naked; also rape.
Were either ones sex? No; but they were still non-consensual and thus 'rape'.
Until we see the actual act of Negan 'screwing [Olivia's] brains out' Something I would very much enjoy but know isn't going to happen we can safely convict him with murder; cohesion; slavery; but not rape.

Cool thanks for the creepy post guy whose posts have stood out to me as being awful in the past, please quote me more and reply equally terribly

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
So now we've got 3. How ignorant are you people? If I tell a girl at a party that she'll either gently caress me or i'll kill her best friend, just because a few call my bluff and say no doesn't mean the ones that say yes aren't being raped. What the gently caress is wrong with you people

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Also you guys need to relax on the whole "THIS IS RAPE"

There's Rape, and there's sexual assault and you guys are confusing the poo poo out of those 2 terms.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I thought Sjs's Olivia comment was just a way of saying he thinks she's hot, and that was ok, I like her too. But then it got weird.

jfood posted:

Yea, but in the next chapter it's revealed he's a Mormon secret gayman, so those ladies still gotta be his slaves in the after-life.

drat, Kirkmam is GOOD.

A True Jar Jar Fan fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 7, 2016

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Sjs00 posted:

Yes; I can see why Negan would be accused of rape by the women, husbands, and silent 3rd party (viewers) but what it boils down to is this: he gave them a choice; an impossible choice, but one where the options are lovely and a what the women believe to be a lot shittier. What's so interesting about the dynamic we do see is that not all the women do in fact, take the choice to be his wife. Some become soldiers, some run, some just aren't 'super hot'. But the women who can't fight, aren't strong enough to fight, or are just generally still attractive after 6 years of probably not the most balanced of breakfasts, do in fact willingly subject themselves to whatever 'being Negan's wife' entails.
But until we see Negan's pale rear end bouncing and the woman under him screams for him to stop and he doesn't he's just not a rapist. He's just a very very influential man.
I don't however expect to see anything resembling that, ever, because AMC would never show anything like that.

As to the Olivia comment; her emotional breakdown to Negan's mere presence is just so delicious. I really really want them to push that to the absolute edge; and then for them to jump completely off the deep end and really cement Negan's rape side with her specially.
If their gonna make him a rapist then by god he needs to really rape someone suuuuper hard.

Yeah you are loving terrible

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Dalael posted:

Also you guys need to relax on the whole "THIS IS RAPE"

There's Rape, and there's sexual assault and you guys are confusing the poo poo out of those 2 terms.

Sexual assault is grabbing someone by the pussy in our future president's terms. Rape is either forceful sex, or sex by coercion. Sex by coercion is not "sexual assault" by any rational or legal definition.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Sjs00 posted:

I thought the people who said the Governor in S3 was the best guy ever, even after ambushing a military compound and sending hunters at Michonne for daring to leave Woodbury, were loving stupid. Silly me.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Sjs00 posted:

Kill yourself in real life lmao

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Sexual assault is grabbing someone by the pussy in our future president's terms. Rape is either forceful sex, or sex by coercion. Sex by coercion is not "sexual assault" by any rational or legal definition.

:agreed:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

So now we've got 3. How ignorant are you people? If I tell a girl at a party that she'll either gently caress me or i'll kill her best friend

That is rape. Absolutely.

If you tell her that if she fucks you, you'll give her ten thousand dollars that's prostitution & solicitation.

If you tell her that if she fucks you, you can give her a place to crash rent free, that's either prostitution/solicitation or coercion.

Perhaps if you tell her that if she fucks you, you can pay for her friends cancer treatments that she will die without (a closer example). That's "ten billion shades of wrong and hosed up" but still not defined rape.

The law is hosed up but rape laws are tricky specifically because of this. Again in the wasteland you can shoot someone for any reason you like, and judge them however you like. I'm just saying how it works outside of the show, lovely as some of it may be.

PS: In all of the above you can be a terrible piece of poo poo, unless I suppose you have a enthusiastically willing hooker and are seriously offering $10,000. Then you're just terrible with money.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 7, 2016

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Parity warning posted:

Cool thanks for the creepy post guy whose posts have stood out to me as being awful in the past, please quote me more and reply equally terribly

Well sure since it seems to matter to you so much!

So now we've got 3. How ignorant are you people? If I tell a girl at a party that she'll either gently caress me or i'll kill her best friend, just because a few call my bluff and say no doesn't mean the ones that say yes aren't being raped. What the gently caress is wrong with you people

Dude have you ever been to a party? That's literally all we do. Death threats and rape.

..Seriously guys; Negan is a good character and exists incredibly in that gray-area of good vs. evil that it makes strangers on the internet argue heatedly about it. Has Rick ever raped anyone? No; but has he killed women and children? Absolutely.
Negan doesn't do what most rapes begin and end with; poverty, physical abuse, depression. His wives are certainly in fear of him; but not for themselves, for their husbands and families. They know that as long as they continue to make the choices that they've made, they will live in safety and comfort. AMC could really keep this whole dynamic ambiguous or they could knock it out of the park i.e. screwing the (totally cute) heavy chick with glasses; or hell, do what I only wished they would after a certain line in S701 and that's Rape the gently caress out of fan-favorite crossbow boy
Its getting dark here and this freak comes out at night :pervert:

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Blazing Ownager posted:

No, no I did not. I brought up a legal POV to look at it through, which seemed to determine he dodged that particular law (even afoul of many others) - what he was doing IS wrong by that standard, just not as severe. By a real world/legal standpoint.

I never, ever, ever said he was right. I've repeatedly said that his behavior is shitastic, and he deserves some hardcore justice he'll probably never get. But for daring bringing up the law, everyone has been acting like I've been sitting here cheer leading his behavior when from like, post 1, I've said he's a piece of poo poo.

It's true, you have said he's a piece of poo poo. That doesn't detract from your attempts to derail this conversation by bringing up legal theories when we're discussing a post apocalyptic story. It's like trying to say the heroes are bad people for stealing and trespassing; technically true but ultimately irrelevant and it distracts from the real issue which is way too many people don't know what rape is and want to defend a rapist for some godforsaken reason.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
BO also wrote off Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey's innocence entirely in the first episode of Making a Murderer entirely because of one allusion to animal abuse, ssssssooooo

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

That's not what Negan is offering though. He is saying you have a place to crash rent free, or you become his slave who will be killed if you try to run away. People have said in the show that working for points is worse than death. People in that system beg for death because it would be better. It's coercion, and therefore rape by any non-autist definition.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Sjs00 posted:

Well sure since it seems to matter to you so much!

Dude have you ever been to a party? That's literally all we do. Death threats and rape.

..Seriously guys; Negan is a good character and exists incredibly in that gray-area of good vs. evil that it makes strangers on the internet argue heatedly about it. Has Rick ever raped anyone? No; but has he killed women and children? Absolutely.
Negan doesn't do what most rapes begin and end with; poverty, physical abuse, depression. His wives are certainly in fear of him; but not for themselves, for their husbands and families. They know that as long as they continue to make the choices that they've made, they will live in safety and comfort. AMC could really keep this whole dynamic ambiguous or they could knock it out of the park i.e. screwing the (totally cute) heavy chick with glasses; or hell, do what I only wished they would after a certain line in S701 and that's Rape the gently caress out of fan-favorite crossbow boy
Its getting dark here and this freak comes out at night :pervert:

The more I read your posts, the more I think that the only thing stopping you from raping someone is the fact that there's fear of punishment.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Enderzero posted:

It's true, you have said he's a piece of poo poo. That doesn't detract from your attempts to derail this conversation by bringing up legal theories when we're discussing a post apocalyptic story. It's like trying to say the heroes are bad people for stealing and trespassing; technically true but ultimately irrelevant and it distracts from the real issue which is way too many people don't know what rape is and want to defend a rapist for some godforsaken reason.

To be fair, real world law came up a lot debating murdering / jailing people last season.

It just didn't get this much emotional response because you can talk about murdering somebody in the worst way possible, gently caress, flay their skin and then smash their head to a paste in front of loved ones - nobody bats an eye. If that same kind of conversation appears when the R word gets broken out, you get the Ghostbusters mass hysteria quote.

ED: I honestly think there was potential for some discussion about laws needing reform in there, but it's impossible to have. There's tons of people out there this generation that freak out and have to flee in tears if they are 'triggered' by even SAYING the word rape.. and a lot of these people were, in fact, never raped. It's a conversation that just can't be had on the internet, I guess, which is kind of too bad because this emotional mob reaction is hurting, not helping, reform.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 7, 2016

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

That's not what Negan is offering though. He is saying you have a place to crash rent free, or you become his slave who will be killed if you try to run away. People have said in the show that working for points is worse than death. People in that system beg for death because it would be better. It's coercion, and therefore rape by any non-autist definition.

I'm gonna half-heartedly say that this right here is incorrect. You will be hunted down and killed if you a. Steal all the drugs and run or b. owe a lot; and then you will owe a lot more. If you for instance, ghosted the gently caress out on Negan in a car you had secretly stashed/ scavenged and left something of equal or greater value where the Saviors could find it (such as a nice chainsaw or functioning woodchipper) along with a note that said you would never be returning to the compound again I'm sure they would leave you be so long as you were 'square' .

crazy cloud posted:

Kill yourself in real life lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viaTT859Yk0

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Blazing Ownager posted:

That is rape. Absolutely.

If you tell her that if she fucks you, you'll give her ten thousand dollars that's prostitution & solicitation.

If you tell her that if she fucks you, you can give her a place to crash rent free, that's either prostitution/solicitation or coercion.

Perhaps if you tell her that if she fucks you, you can pay for her friends cancer treatments that she will die without (a closer example). That's "ten billion shades of wrong and hosed up" but still not defined rape.

The law is hosed up but rape laws are tricky specifically because of this. Again in the wasteland you can shoot someone for any reason you like, and judge them however you like. I'm just saying how it works outside of the show, lovely as some of it may be.

PS: In all of the above you can be a terrible piece of poo poo, unless I suppose you have a enthusiastically willing hooker and are seriously offering $10,000. Then you're just terrible with money.

Rape laws may be tricky but the definition of rape is not. If you shoot someone not in self defense, you are a murderer. You might not be convicted but that's because the legal system is preoccupied with not jailing innocent people while not having perfect information; not being convicted has nothing to do with whether you are a murderer or not. You are or you aren't in a platonic sense - the legal system exists as it does because we don't have perfect information about the world.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Dalael posted:

The more I read your posts, the more I think that the only thing stopping you from raping someone is the fact that there's fear of punishment.

Oh absolutely, when the dead start to walk hide your rear end in a top hat goon
This has been very entertaining folks

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Blazing Ownager posted:

To be fair, real world law came up a lot debating murdering / jailing people last season.

It just didn't get this much emotional response because you can talk about murdering somebody in the worst way possible, gently caress, flay their skin and then smash their head to a paste in front of loved ones - nobody bats an eye. If that same kind of conversation appears when the R word gets broken out, you get the Ghostbusters mass hysteria quote.

That would be fine if anyone had brought up the law before you. No one did, so it's out of bounds for this conversation.

Yeah, college students may be a little overwrought sometimes near the fringes of accepted thought. If they are wrong, we should be able to explicate why, and that will drive us towards a more complete understanding of what rape is. This is not the place for this conversation and you brought it up in the worst way possible. You can see why people are reacting the way they are, yes? It's not some sort of automatic hysteria around this topic, it's that one piece of poo poo was trying to defend a loving comic character against being called a rapist.

Enderzero fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 7, 2016

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Enderzero posted:

Rape laws may be tricky but the definition of rape is not. If you shoot someone not in self defense, you are a murderer. You might not be convicted but that's because the legal system is preoccupied with not jailing innocent people while not having perfect information; not being convicted has nothing to do with whether you are a murderer or not. You are or you aren't in a platonic sense - the legal system exists as it does because we don't have perfect information about the world.

To me there's definitely a difference between failing to convict someone for violating rape laws, and being unable to bring rape charges because they did not violate rape laws. It's a murky, muddy subject with a lot of complexities and isn't as black & white as people wish it was.

Markorjoshua posted:

So much effort posting to defend rape

Defending rational discussion isn't defending rape. Neither is discussing the law on it.

Hell, I've suggested several times the law should change IRL so..

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 7, 2016

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

So much effort posting to defend rape

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

This really feels like the time someone should make a great 'tasteful rape' joke...

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

To me there's definitely a difference between failing to convict someone for violating rape laws, and being unable to bring rape charges because they did not violate rape laws. It's a murky, muddy subject with a lot of complexities and isn't as black & white as people wish it was.

Dalael posted:

Dude, just stop. While I understand what you're trying to explain, you will never come out on top of this conversation. It won't happen. You're just going to keep bringing up your points, and people will keep calling you a rape apologist. Here is not where you can argue the finer points of the law regarding rape.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Blazing Ownager posted:

I hear these statements all the time and they usually serve to keep the waters muddy to protect a rapist because they know him, or it's a celebrity, or they just have misogynist attitudes towards women that they won't admit to. It's not complex: if both parties consent throughout the entire act, it's not rape. Otherwise it is.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I think the #1 problem with this whole generation and their general approach to topics is if they don't like the topic, instead of discussing it, they do one of four things:

1) Stick their fingers in their ears and ignore everything
2) Immediately attack the source of the things you don't like until it goes away
3) All of the above
4) Retreat to a place they can cry

When there's 3+ pages of rape talk, simply discussing the real world laws - with no agenda to use them to justify anyone, and in fact suggesting they need a revamp - is not being a rape apologist. But because people only read one or two hot button words and see red, they act as above.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Sjs00 posted:

I'm gonna half-heartedly say that this right here is incorrect. You will be hunted down and killed if you a. Steal all the drugs and run or b. owe a lot; and then you will owe a lot more. If you for instance, ghosted the gently caress out on Negan in a car you had secretly stashed/ scavenged and left something of equal or greater value where the Saviors could find it (such as a nice chainsaw or functioning woodchipper) along with a note that said you would never be returning to the compound again I'm sure they would leave you be so long as you were 'square' .

What makes you think that at all? When has someone left the Saviors free and clear in the show? Why would there even be a point system with negative consequences if you don't earn enough points if you weren't his property? If you left a woodchipper for Negan and he could find you again, you'd be dragged back so you could find him 2 woodchippers. There is no evidence in the show that you can buy out of Negan's system, he'll milk you until you are dry and then kill you.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think the #1 problem with this whole generation and their general approach to topics is if they don't like the topic, instead of discussing it, they do one of four things:

2) Immediately attack the source of the things you don't like until it goes away
3) All of the above

When there's 3+ pages of rape talk, simply discussing the real world laws - with no agenda to use them to justify anyone, and in fact suggesting they need a revamp - is not being a rape apologist. But because people only read one or two hot button words and see red, they act as above.

you are literally so dumb you don't know how to do an 'all of the above' joke. I have yet to take much issue with your beliefs on the law; I've been focused on pointing out the inappropriate way you brought it into an unrelated discussion. But it's easier to just claim everyone else has the problem, not you, isn't it.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

3) All of the above

But do you honestly that Somethingawful.com is the right place to discuss this stuff? Have you ever seen a discussion on this site, not devolve into complete and utter poo poo?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

What makes you think that at all? When has someone left the Saviors free and clear in the show? Why would there even be a point system with negative consequences if you don't earn enough points if you weren't his property? If you left a woodchipper for Negan and he could find you again, you'd be dragged back so you could find him 2 woodchippers. There is no evidence in the show that you can buy out of Negan's system, he'll milk you until you are dry and then kill you.

Haha; did you even watch the Tara episode

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Enderzero posted:

I hear these statements all the time and they usually serve to keep the waters muddy to protect a rapist because they know him, or it's a celebrity, or they just have misogynist attitudes towards women that they won't admit to. It's not complex: if both parties consent throughout the entire act, it's not rape. Otherwise it is.

It's not as simple as that for a ton of reasons. I mean, it is. If one of the parties does not consent, and it continues, that is rape.

But what about situations where the consent was given for untoward reasons? That's what we're discussing here, because how to you define it? The help lines for women trapped in bad (but not necessarily legally abusive) relationships cover this as anything from "If you don't do it with me, I'm breaking up with you" to stuff like "If you don't do it I'll slander you and take the kids." That divide is absolutely massive.

Then there's a whole lot of situations where both parties aren't on the same page: One thinks everything is 100% fine while the other feels like they were cornered, and neither honestly do not realize due to miscommunication. I mean party B is saying "Yes, do it" and Party A doesn't necessarily get why B is saying that, etc.

Why I say it's super muddy and murky to define this stuff in advance. The very, very basic and most simple type of rape - "I said stop, and you aren't stopping" is black and white as hell.

Either way, I'm not going to keep arguing it because most people read "Rape" they do not even stop to consider anything other than rage. Calm discussion about a flawed legal system is not tolerated.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 7, 2016

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Blazing Ownager posted:

3) All of the above

Maybe the context of a creepy, abusive warlord with a harem of wives coerced into staying in said harem under threat/coercion isn't a really good one to try and discuss real world rape laws in. Or, you know, that trying to defend said creepy, abusive warlord under the context of "technically he didn't violate x law!" isn't a really good defense, and kind of makes you sound a bit creepy as well. Negan isn't a good character. He's a raging, abusive rear end in a top hat warlord. Trying to defend his actions on technicality of laws that no longer even exist in the show really isn't that flattering. Nor is trying to deflect blame to this idea that somehow the argument turning badly for the borderline to outright rape apologists is due to those gosh dern millennials being pansies that can't handle a little discussion on the finer points of rape related law.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Welp.. I tried to stop this train for derailing.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Sjs00 posted:

Haha; did you even watch the Tara episode

Unfortunately yes. And you are conveniently ignoring the "if he can find you again" part of my post. The moment Negan finds the lesbo beach hotel, he would at the very least kill them all. Rick will probably execute his masterful comic book revenge on Negan before then, but in the real world he would find them eventually. I mean they weren't exactly hiding with the bells and whatnot.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dalael posted:

But do you honestly that Somethingawful.com is the right place to discuss this stuff? Have you ever seen a discussion on this site, not devolve into complete and utter poo poo?

You're probably right. But that really extends to the ENTIRETY of the internet, not just SA: People only like echo chambers on sensitive subjects, wherever you are. This will be my last reply on the subject.

PS: I can't clarify enough that rape is bad, and Negan is bad. Whatever you take away from this, don't think I was defending him, I never was.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

You're probably right. But that really extends to the ENTIRETY of the internet, not just SA: People only like echo chambers on sensitive subjects, wherever you are. This will be my last reply on the subject.

PS: I can't clarify enough that rape is bad, and Negan is bad. Whatever you take away from this, don't think I was defending him, I never was.

You weren't, you were just saying his blatant rape by anyone's definition wasn't rape because under our legal system he might not get convicted for it. Thanks for going to bat for the comic book villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

This would gel better if the previous "discussion" wasn't the whole thread vs one dipshit who was actually saying that Negan was not having any sexual contact with his wives, period. That his wives were actually a bunch of cowardly whores who wanted an easy life while their former lovers/husbands etc. worked their asses off. That they were totally crazy about Negan or whatever. This is the "discussion," you are trying to be intellectual and objective about.

I'm looking this thread over again and there's no way that anybody who has been following it should be having this problem. poo poo, didn't you even at one point reprimand Eyochigan where you pointed out that Sherry became Negan's wife on the grounds that Dwight wouldn't be clubbed to death? Law be damned, that is rape. This thread has become loving surreal.