Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, that last episode was fantastic. Making me go back and fill in the gaps of all the episodes I haven't seen. Which is like half the show. But a truly great entry in the series finale hall of fame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I wonder what Scott is going to be doing now that the TV show is over. When the show was in production he talked about it taking up like literally his complete day each day running it. Now that it's over he just has the podcast and Earwolf to run, wonder what cool new content he'll be working on now that he has free time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

AV Club had an interview and he said once they wrapped they then did the tours, and then something really intensive due in February, but didn't state what. So he's kept himself as insanely busy as ever it seems. Scott just don't stop.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He also posted that Mike Detective script page not long ago.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I wish I could get into the tv show, but it just doesn't do it for me. It's weird because I obviously do like the people involved, and they obviously put a lot of work into it, but it mostly just leaves me cold.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
The finale was brilliant, but I feel like the second to last ep with Adam Scott being a timecop and the surprise appearance of THE TIMEKEEPER were awesome as well.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Sinteres posted:

I wish I could get into the tv show, but it just doesn't do it for me. It's weird because I obviously do like the people involved, and they obviously put a lot of work into it, but it mostly just leaves me cold.

Me too, i think for me it's mostly the difference between the great improv and quickness of the show versus a prepared skit

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The TV show kind of feels like if you had a very skillful editor cut down an episode of the podcast to the bare essentials. Still very funny, a little breathless, lacking that loose magic of the podcast, but still with a ton of charm.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Maybe it's just me, but for me, the TV show is a pretty fun time

beeman
May 7, 2008

i love the tv show. i watch it on the netflix schedule, so i am looking forward to checking out the weird al bandleader eps

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Sinteres posted:

Give it another shot by jumping into a latter season. I thought the first was pretty rough but It Gets Better.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
If I could trade every season of CBB after The Birthday Boys got cancelled for one more session of The Birthday Boys, I'd make that trade.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Poopy Palpy posted:

If I could trade every season of CBB after The Birthday Boys got cancelled for one more session of The Birthday Boys, I'd make that trade.
Birthday boys first season was funny, then the second was pretty much unwatchable, not sure why you want a 3rd. Also CBB is great and you couldn't be more wrong.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I thought the second season was funnier than the first!

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
Forum posters arguing over alternative sketch comedy shows? That's a family.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Poopy Palpy posted:

saaaaaaame

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Every alt comedy fan knows that the best sketch show was All That.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Every alt comedy fan knows that the best sketch show was All That.

Correct.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

All That was transphobic

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The entire 90s was transphobic.

Also, totes sarcastic. Nickeloden shows weren't entirely devoid of merit, but I really despise the reverence given to those shows by my generation. Like, Pete and Pete and parts of Sabrina hold up, but that's about it.

"SNL For Kids!" is a great idea though, there should really be a version for every generation. Just fill it with YouTube stars who are already way more rich and famous than anyone on Earwolf.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i do not think highly of nick thune's sense of humor

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Puppy Galaxy posted:

All That was transphobic

:wow:

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

cams posted:

i do not think highly of nick thune's sense of humor

I liked getting an update on the audio recording he played last time, though.

It's too bad because Moshe is a favourite - at least his You Made It Weird last week was a great time.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

"God drat. Who are you? Me?"

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Wit these last two episodes I think we can all agree "it is that type of show."

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Can we vote for the end-of-year shows yet?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yep. Check Scott's Twitter.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Way behind, but Jesus, what did Paul Giamatti do to the people at Earwolf?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ElGroucho posted:

Way behind, but Jesus, what did Paul Giamatti do to the people at Earwolf?

Having an easily imitable voice and speaking pattern coupled with building a career out of playing sadsack, pitiable men.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He had an amazing appearance on The Chris Gethard Show and cited himself as a big fan of it while Jason Mantzoukas was a guest, so I'm guessing he'd enjoy it more than being offended.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Podcast fantasy: Joe Rogan goes on CBB, goes off on a 2 minute rant about the 'Semen Warriors'( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etoro_people ), then Scott says, "Joe, please, sit down."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Omglosser posted:

Podcast fantasy: Joe Rogan goes on CBB, goes off on a 2 minute rant about the 'Semen Warriors'( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etoro_people ), then Scott says, "Joe, please, sit down."

"You're sloshing isolation tank salt water all over the famous Earwolf desk!"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Are the Showalter/Brittain/Rowley (457) and Pemberton/Sher/Theus Jr. (453) episodes worth listening to?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

457 is pretty good IIRC

I liked both of jeremy rowley's non-ming appearances a lot

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 8, 2016

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Are the Showalter/Brittain/Rowley (457) and Pemberton/Sher/Theus Jr. (453) episodes worth listening to?

First one is really good

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GobiasIndustries posted:

First one's great, second isn't an essential ep or anything but I found it enjoyable. Nice to hear from some new/nonregular guests, the girl from The Middle was surprisingly game.

Help Im Alive posted:

I liked both of a jeremy rowley's non-ming appearances a lot

His crime scene janitor in 457 was enough to put it in my Top 10 of the year.

beeman
May 7, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

He had an amazing appearance on The Chris Gethard Show and cited himself as a big fan of it while Jason Mantzoukas was a guest, so I'm guessing he'd enjoy it more than being offended.

My favourite part of that episode was the fact that him spending the entire episode inside a dumpster was made funnier by imagining him actually being like James Admonian's portrayal of Paul Giamatti.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Help Im Alive posted:

I liked both of jeremy rowley's non-ming appearances a lot

Almost as good as his Ming appearances!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I'm just catching up on CBB and am almost done with 457. Crime scene janitor is fantastic! Showalter was pretty alright, but more of just a standard interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beeman
May 7, 2008

this year's holiday ep looks big, fellas