Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Oh no, I remember even with CGI, different lighting, and in movement, this poo poo was irredeemable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought it looked fine. My only problem with that episode is that they killed it as soon as it gained sentience.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Is there a new episode tonight or was last night the mid season ender?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Is there a new episode tonight or was last night the mid season ender?

I think this is it for now, I haven't seen any announcement for when it comes back yet (other than 2017).

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Supergirl's done for the year, but Flash, Arrow, and Legends all have their winter finales this week.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Crud well I guess last weeks was fine.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

nine-gear crow posted:

Supergirl's done for the year, but Flash, Arrow, and Legends all have their winter finales this week.

Lame!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

At least we have Mister Mxyzptlk to look forward to next year.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
drat I forgot how cool Cat was.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pan Dulce posted:

None so horrible as the Red Tornado episode. Dude looked like a can of red tomatoes spray painted with some red glitter.

I have no idea what the gently caress was up with that season. Either they made all their budget expendatures by throwing a dart at a dartboard, or their costume person needed to be fired harder than anyone has needed firing before.

Everybody hates on Silver Banshee's costume but I liked it. Indigo, though. I really like the character, but yikes.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

howe_sam posted:

At least we have Mister Mxyzptlk to look forward to next year.
Plus if we discount the crossover tie-in then Supergirl's year basically closed out with #Sanvers.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Proper names will suffice there champ.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I'm looking forward to the next crossover. It's going to be Flash, so that disappointing, as Arrow seems to need a little more brightness and levity, but it IS a musical, so with people from Glee and Broadway singers, I'm expecting good things.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Re-posting this from BSS, but this is a really cute story that proves how important it can be to show kids people like themselves on TV:
http://www.vox.com/identities/2016/12/5/13834432/lgbtq-representation-media-supergirl

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Pan Dulce posted:

Oh no, I remember even with CGI, different lighting, and in movement, this poo poo was irredeemable.

Red Tornado seriously looked like the costume was made out of the interior of my parent's old cadillac.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Re-posting this from BSS, but this is a really cute story that proves how important it can be to show kids people like themselves on TV:
http://www.vox.com/identities/2016/12/5/13834432/lgbtq-representation-media-supergirl

This is awesome but I still haven't parsed what "sanvers" is and I'm afraid to look.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

McSpanky posted:

This is awesome but I still haven't parsed what "sanvers" is and I'm afraid to look.

The Alex and Maggie ship, which is fine with me because that's a canon ship on the drat show, you creepy internet fuckers.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

McSpanky posted:

Maggie Sawyer +
Alex Danvers

Just a ship name

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Combo names are so goddamned stupid and it makes me internet psychotic.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kraps posted:

The Alex and Maggie ship, which is fine with me because that's a canon ship on the drat show, you creepy internet fuckers.

Really, it's not shipping if it's actually happening on the show? :psyduck: I've been watching Supernatural too long, I was expecting something hosed up. Also

Rhyno posted:

a thousand times this.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
At least it's a combination of their last names and not AlGie or MagLex.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every time I see Olicity anywhere I mentally stab a thousand people.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I currently ship McSpyno

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

KaraCream is still the best.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

McSpanky posted:

a thousand times this.

Rhanky :swoon:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

McSpanky posted:

Really, it's not shipping if it's actually happening on the show? :psyduck:

If you can not ship a ship that is a ship (eg. Kara/Mon-El) surely you can ship a ship that is a ship.

Have you not read the requisite tumblr posts that explain this? Gosh.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Gaz-L posted:

Hey! It's my hometown! I've been to that comic book store before.

I'm glad that there has been such positive reactions to that storyline right now. This kind of thing usually implodes violently on the internet.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

D-Pad posted:

I just started this show and finished episode 3. So Supergirl is getting beat up by reactor man or whatever his name was and Superman shows up and saves her. Then she wakes up in her apartment and pretty soon the bad guy is back and she has to fight him again. WTF? Did Superman just save her and then leave the bad guy to continue on? How the gently caress does that make any sense? I really want to like this show, but does it continue being this stupid?

There was a line about Superman not being able to reliably beat Reactron for some reason. Like he's apparently beaten Superman before.. I'm not sure there was a super-strong justification in the show as to why Reactron is so dangerous to Kryptonians, but he apparently is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jackson Taus posted:

There was a line about Superman not being able to reliably beat Reactron for some reason. Like he's apparently beaten Superman before.. I'm not sure there was a super-strong justification in the show as to why Reactron is so dangerous to Kryptonians, but he apparently is.

At one point I think he was powered by Gold Kryptonite.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kraps posted:

I forgot that's Maggie's last name and thought it was supposed to be Supergirl-Danvers at first.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

So I only noticed in this latest episode of Lethal Weapon that the lady who plays Maggie is also the late Mrs Riggs, jeepers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kraps posted:

So I only noticed in this latest episode of Lethal Weapon that the lady who plays Maggie is also the late Mrs Riggs, jeepers.

Wait, you mean to tell me that an actress would take multiple roles?

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Wait, you mean to tell me that an actress would take multiple roles?

Sounds implausible I know

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kraps posted:

Sounds implausible I know

BALDERDASH!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Licarn posted:

If you can not ship a ship that is a ship (eg. Kara/Mon-El)

Karamel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hate this page so much.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Mon-El plowing away on Kara: "Hey, is it weird we have the same last name?"

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012