Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I listened to a thing on Radio Prague about all the germans the czechs expelled after the war. Some real bad poo poo went down, just mobs of villagers beating and killing anyone they suspected of being german and taking all their stuff. Was all mostly swept under the rug and what wasn't generated little sympathy because gently caress germans for WWII. Apparently it's still a bit of a controversial issue to express even the smallest amount of sympathy towards any potentially innocent germans effected by this though, because there's no such thing as an innocent german.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Cingulate posted:

Will Randler ever learn that "legally speaking" is not the default mode according to which statements are to be evaluated?

International law has an extremely strong ethical and moral component. Actually, when it comes to post war stuff it is a pretty good reflection of the moral opinions held.

And the overwhelming opinion regarding the transfer of German populations is that it was morally justified. The revisionist counterposition only trickled into the mainstream later.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

General China posted:

I have to say, I love all you Germans, sorry for invading your thread.

I fully expect to be probated.

Love you all!

I don't see why you should be probated, you have strange opinions in part, but that's not probatable? :confused:

Anyway, why are you shocked by somebody being angry over having been ethnically cleansed? An about 15 year old girl probably had little to do with Nazi crimes, yet she was still forced out of the home she grew up in.

Only some very few fringe cases in Germany want to recover lost territory, just like nationalists everywhere. But the vast majority are content with the current borders. Yet the fact still remains that millions of Germans were ethnically cleansed. Ethnic cleansing is wrong, yet this was a special case. I don't even wish that the expulsion never happened. It worked out all right in the end, and we are accepted in the European community once again. How would that have worked out if there were German minorities in all these other states?

Besides, two of my grandparents were from former East Prussia, so I would never have been born if the hadn't been expelled.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Have an interesting article about the radicalisation and "de-assimilation", for the lack of a better word, amongst male Muslim teenagers and young men in Vienna. I'm betting that the same happens elsewhere.

quote:

Meine Gespräche mit den Jugendlichen zeigen mir, dass es mehrheitlich die Burschen sind, die im Namen der Religion Verbote für andere erstellen und so das Leben ihres (weiblichen) Umfelds einschränken. Auch die Studie der Stadt Wien macht deutlich: Radikalisierung ist männlich. Doch diese männlichen Jugendlichen, vor denen sich zur Zeit viele fürchten, haben in Wirklichkeit keine Ahnung von dem was sie sagen. Sie tun ja nicht einmal selber das, was sie predigen. Sie widersprechen sich in allem, was sie sagen – denn sie sagen es nur, um cool zu sein.

Ich habe das Gefühl, dass sie in Wirklichkeit die Mädchen beneiden, die die besseren Noten haben, die blühenderen Zukunftsaussichten, die keinen auf „harten Kerl“ machen müssen. Die Mädchen, die sich so gut integrieren konnten und an ihnen vorbeiziehen. Wenn ich die SchülerInnen frage, was sie mal werden wollen, antworten die Mädchen „Ärztin“ oder „Anwältin“, die Buben grinsend mit „AMS“ oder „Bombenleger“ – sie wissen, dass sie nicht mithalten können und kontern mit Provokation, veralteten Rollenbildern und gefährlichen Verhaltensvorschriften.

Sie, die Burschen, die Fünfer schreiben, durchfliegen, schief angeschaut werden, wollen sich zumindest in einem Punkt mächtig fühlen. Sie haben erkannt, dass die Leute Angst vor dem Islam haben. Sie stellen ihren Handyklingelton in „Allahu Akbar“ („Gott ist groß“) Rufe um und genießen die verängstigten Blicke der anderen in der U-Bahn, wenn ihr Handy klingelt. Sie posen auf jedem ihrer Profilfotos mit dem angehobenen Isis-Zeigefinger. Sie teilen die Anti-Islam Posts der FPÖ und lesen stolz die Hass-Kommentare von Strache-Fans.

Sie wissen, da draußen gibt es hunderttausende Erwachsene die sie am liebsten abschieben würden, weil sie Angst vor ihnen - ein paar Teenagern - haben. Der Islam steht für sie für die Macht über die Ängste der anderen und sie wollen mächtig sein in einer Gesellschaft, in der sie sowieso schon als Verlierer gelten, die sie abgeschrieben hat, die ihnen eh nichts mehr zutraut außer den Weg in den Dschihad.

I wonder if it would still be possible to reverse this development by decisive political action regarding e.g. better educational chances for those teenagers, making it harder for fundamentalist/nationalist Saudi and Turkish clergy to reach out to European youths, giving them the feeling that they, in fact, are a proper part of the society they live in or if that ship already has sailed. Thoughts?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Re: they don't know what they're doing, this Albanian kid I know once told me that he was giving up vodka for Ramadan and my religious-ish Algerian colleague made the funniest :wtf: face.

e: I think it is utter insanity that we don't do more to teach our kids better. Stuff for people with language problems, stuff for people with math problems, stuff for boys, science stuff for girls, just literally everything. I'd vote for literally any party that went into an election with a promise to throw money at halving the school dropout rate. Stuff like that should be able to improve the situation just fine at this or even later points.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 8, 2016

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Von der Leyen will saudi-arabische Offiziere ausbilden
(http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/ausland/von-der-leyen-plant-ausbildung-saudi-arabischer-offiziere-in-deutschland-14565284.html)

ughhh

az
Dec 2, 2005

nicht nur das sondern auch berater auf kommandoebene für die saudische armee und anti terror ausbilding vor ort. von den moralischen und politischen bedenken mal ganz abgesehen ist die ganze idee schwachsinning weil die bundeswehr und saudische armee doktrinär absolut inkompatibel sind.

trotzdessen wette ich dass zumindest die hälfte der anfragen erfüllt werden damit sie weiter bei uns einkaufen gehen.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

az posted:

nicht nur das sondern auch berater auf kommandoebene für die saudische armee und anti terror ausbilding vor ort. von den moralischen und politischen bedenken mal ganz abgesehen ist die ganze idee schwachsinning weil die bundeswehr und saudische armee doktrinär absolut inkompatibel sind.

trotzdessen wette ich dass zumindest die hälfte der anfragen erfüllt werden damit sie weiter bei uns einkaufen gehen.

Das wird nix, um die saudische Armee vernünftig auszubilden müssten wir zuerst alle Adligen erschießen und das ganze Offizierskorps komplett neu bilden. Die Armee von denen ist zu verrottet. Ich glaube aber nicht, dass unsere Politiker bereit wären so weit zu gehen, dass wir für die Saudis die Republik ausrufen.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Libluini posted:

Das wird nix, um die saudische Armee vernünftig auszubilden müssten wir zuerst alle Adligen erschießen und das ganze Offizierskorps komplett neu bilden. Die Armee von denen ist zu verrottet. Ich glaube aber nicht, dass unsere Politiker bereit wären so weit zu gehen, dass wir für die Saudis die Republik ausrufen.

Wir müssten also statt der Bundeswehr die Bundesmarine vorbeischicken? :getin:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Aber wenn die Saud-Dynastie gestürzt wird, wer soll dann unsere panzer kaufen? schonmal an unsere arme, zurückgelassende Waffenindustrie gedacht?

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

In a civil war, there are at least two factions with an interest in German weaponry.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Markterschließung Saud-Erschießung

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

General China posted:

Sorry to butt into your thread.

Something happened today to make me curious about Germany.

I live in the U.K. I'm an anaesthetic nurse, I help the anaesthetist put people to sleep for operations.

I was talking to a patient today, a lady in her 80s. She was lovely. A retired nurse, so obviously we had a connection. She had a slight accent despite talking fluent English. I asked her where she was from, she told me Germany, but the part that was in Poland. She got quite animated about this and told me quite forcefully that her family was ethnically cleansed from their home.

Obviously I didn't disagree with her, I was caring for her and being a nurse. I was sympathetic.

I'll be honest here and say that my immediate thought was- are you loving kidding me?

Are her opinions common? I will admit the UK doesn't lack horrible nationalists and racists itself, but the way she played the victim was eye opening.

Hi.

My grandmom, at age 14, was forced out of her home by the red army. All women and girls were raped and all men were killed. This was a village in Silesia that was not Polish but German.

The remaining girls then stole some horses and fled to what is now west of Germany. Couple more died on the way. Also, their refugee column got strafed a couple of times by Russian warplanes, which is also somewhat of a little tiny war crime.

So yeah, there might be a slight agitation about this inconvenience

but worry not, she is dead now

Haramstufe Rot fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 9, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

caps on caps on caps posted:

Hi.

My grandmom, at age 14, was forced out of her home by the red army. All women and girls were raped and all men were killed. This was a village in Silesia that was not Polish but German.

The remaining girls then stole some horses and fled to what is now west of Germany. Couple more died on the way. Also, their refugee column got strafed a couple of times by Russian warplanes, which is also somewhat of a little tiny war crime.

So yeah, there might be a slight agitation about this inconvenience

but worry not, she is dead now

btw if that sounds made up to anyone: it isn't, similar thing happened to my grandparents

including the dead part, rip

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

az posted:

Also zumindest früher hatten unsere Jungs ja doch schon Erfahrung auf dem Gebiet überzogen brutaler Körperstrafen. Die könnten ja bei den Saudis das Spießrutenlaufen einführen. Dafür wären die uns wahrscheinlich schon dankbar.

Und auch bei dem Armenischen Genozid waren deutsche Militärbereiter ganz vorne mit dabei. Ich glaube das passt schon ganz gut.

Dommolus Magnus fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 9, 2016

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Or maybe they teach them such vital skills such as Masken- und Spindsaufen.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Dommolus Magnus posted:

Und auch bei dem Armenischen Genozid waren deutsche Militärbereiter ganz vorne mit dabei. Ich glaube das passt schon ganz gut.

Ich hatte das so im Kopf dass die Deutschen es sinnlos fanden, aber auch nicht wichtig genug, um den Osmanen an den Karren zu fahren deswegen, würde das jetzt aber auch nicht beschwören, gefährliches Halbwissen und so. Bist du vom Fach?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Das ist was für den Randler:

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Warum-heise-online-derzeit-keine-Links-zum-LG-Hamburg-setzt-3567571.html

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

And they say Germans have no sense of humor :allears:

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Pand posted:

Or maybe they teach them such vital skills such as Masken- und Spindsaufen.

Was-saufen? Ausserdem sind das Islamisten, trinken dürfen die nich.

aphid_licker posted:

Ich hatte das so im Kopf dass die Deutschen es sinnlos fanden, aber auch nicht wichtig genug, um den Osmanen an den Karren zu fahren deswegen, würde das jetzt aber auch nicht beschwören, gefährliches Halbwissen und so. Bist du vom Fach?

Es gab zu dem Thema kürzlich ein Buch, bin allerdings noch nicht dazu gekommen es zu lesen. Bin auch kein Historiker, weiss daher nicht wie glaubwürdig es wirklich ist. Für's shitposting ist Halbwissen aber prinzipiell gut genug. ;)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The most useful poo poo I learned in the Bundeswehr wasn't in any Ausbildungsanweisung

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Eierschaukeln?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Kommandosaufen?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Selbstdisziplin und Verantwortung? :ohdear:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
http://www.bild.de/regional/hamburg...ampaign_id=A100

Just sharing this to help the police, another Einzelfall.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Selbstdisziplin und Verantwortung? :ohdear:

Danke für die lols, mich hats fast vom Sessel gehaut.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

GaussianCopula posted:

I wish your posting was an Einzelfall.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Mathematically it is.

2015 saw 7095 rapes, at a population of 82.18 mio people, making 0.0000863 rapes per person in that year.

2016 saw 0.4 mio refugees added, making the expectation of rapes to be added: 0.0000863 * 0.4 mio = 34.5

Until we see 35 rapes perpetrated by refugees in 2016, they remain below the national average.

As long as they're far below that number, the cases do remain individual tragedies, entirely unindicative of any sort of trend regarding refugees. In fact they seem to be safer than the average german so far.

PS: gently caress you, you retarded troll, next time you post at least try to make a loving coherent point.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Whoa, do we really have over 7k rapes per year in this country? That's a lot.

Who is doin all that rapin'? There gotta be something like 100 or so men left in this country who are not octogenarians and senile.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Mithaldu posted:

Mathematically it is.

2015 saw 7095 rapes, at a population of 82.18 mio people, making 0.0000863 rapes per person in that year.

2016 saw 0.4 mio refugees added, making the expectation of rapes to be added: 0.0000863 * 0.4 mio = 34.5

Until we see 35 rapes perpetrated by refugees in 2016, they remain below the national average.

As long as they're far below that number, the cases do remain individual tragedies, entirely unindicative of any sort of trend regarding refugees. In fact they seem to be safer than the average german so far.

PS: gently caress you, you retarded troll, next time you post at least try to make a loving coherent point.

i'm sorry but rapes commited by germans (by blut und boden) are only 3/5 as bad as rapes commited by the perfidious südlander

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

On the one hand I want to say, don't imply GC is right once he hits an objective goal.

On the other: surely it would have to be even more, because there were refugees already in the country, no?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Whoa, do we really have over 7k rapes per year in this country? That's a lot.

Who is doin all that rapin'? There gotta be something like 100 or so men left in this country who are not octogenarians and senile.
Stuff's even going down.

https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/1587/umfrage/vergewaltigung-und-sexuelle-noetigung/

My Lovely Horse posted:

On the one hand I want to say, don't imply GC is right once he hits an objective goal.
There's no real goal to hit. The point is that yes, poo poo's still waaaaaaaaaay below the average and calling them Einzelfälle is 100% justified.

My Lovely Horse posted:

On the other: surely it would have to be even more, because there were refugees already in the country, no?

I gave him that as a freebie. That simple fact actually makes it *easier* to hit the "goal" if you accept rapes perpetrated by all refugees.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

I wish your posting was an Einzelfall.

:eyepop:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

http://www.bild.de/regional/hamburg...ampaign_id=A100

Yes, that's what Einzelfall means. It's the default. If you're positing that there's a connecting pattern, then the burden of proof is on you to show that this pattern actually exists and has relevancy.

Also, :laffo: at citing BILD, of all things.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 9, 2016

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Fun fact, for most current event stories you are citing BILD even if you link other papers.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

Fun fact, for most current event stories you are citing BILD even if you link other papers.

Do you have a source for that?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Do you have a source for that?

Any given book a journo writes about his experiences at the news desk.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Dieser Thread ey

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Da fällt es den Jungs und Mädels aber auch leichter zu sagen "Ja, wenn die nicht reingelassen worden wären, dann wäre niemand vergewaltigt worden".

Aber ja, heben wir mal die Menschenrechte auf, weil pro Kopf >0.0000863 was passieren könnte.

------------

Was anderes: Heute sind 2 extrem fette Frauen vor mit gegangen, zuerst hab ich gedacht, die Sprechen klingonisch, hat sich dann aber herausgestellt, dass es sächsisch war. Vermutlich Gastarbeiter. Touristen verirren sich ja nicht hierher in diesen Scheissbezirk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Please don't dox my tinder dates