Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Wassbix posted:

Masteries got buffed?

That's interesting but sounds like it was just a text fix, not actually buffing what they do? What I'm seeing is definitely not an 'everyone does more damage' because my team is definitely doing way less. I'm guessing either a bug with Pascal's active or someone hosed up a stat calculation while they were mucking with them. Either way I've lost literally all of my PvP points trying to figure it out sooooo.

The 5xAoE immunity thing is confirmed on Reddit, it's applying to all AoE immunities apparently, pierce no longer beats them. Intentional or bug? If intentional, well, Pascal just got 300% more completely broken than before.

:downs: oh my god Rachel's Respawn is just ... what is it even going on right now :downs:

Awoken Karin did not get her ailment clear which makes her a little less appealing. Evan seems more useful overall anyway, but yeah that's 100 runs of Hard difficulty to even get one of them, uhg.
E: The debuff immunity on revive would be pretty decent for Kris day maybe.

This is the most reliable team I've found for Evan's Hard dungeon so far: Rachel | Spike, Karma, Eileen, Pascal
All of those being critical pieces, and also contingent on having a fairly strong Rachel (2k+ attack). Pretty reliable though, just pop Pascal's immunity and Rachel's Phoenix on the second round, then keep using her single target attack when it's up. Using Karma or Pascal to counter all the buffs.

E: Jesus this patch is just insanely broken. People reporting procing speed attacks on Counters, and the skill priority system being completely overridden randomly (ie other team with less speed going first, other team getting 2-3 skills in a row).

E2: Buff duration not decreasing at all on Pascal's buff either. Pretty sure the game has completely broken and has no concept of which player is supposed to be effected by what at this point. Server just crashed or went down as well.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
Sera would benefit from what attack stat the most? I'm using this google docs of KR equipment recommendations and it says to use attack speed. That doesn't seem right as her passive doesn't seem to benefit, both her KR version and her global version. What am I missing here?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Server stability is...... uh..... not quite all there right now! Froze checking raid crafting, froze during hot time 8-20 grinding, poo poo's just hosed.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
There are a few things to consider regarding offensive stats, the most important is actually game mode you are using the hero for. For PvP you always want speed, no matter what hero, baring some crazy exception. For raiding you almost always want speed, but there are just a few hero's that benefit more from crit/lethal than speed. For farming you want crit or lethal. Sera is a somewhat awkward hero in that she does not have a single node that she dominates in, but she is useful in many mods, so it kind of depends on how you plan to use her. Consider that her fixed damage does not benefit from crit/lethal, and that her most popular use is going to be against world bosses, and speed seems the most useful candidate.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Aenslaed posted:

Sera would benefit from what attack stat the most? I'm using this google docs of KR equipment recommendations and it says to use attack speed. That doesn't seem right as her passive doesn't seem to benefit, both her KR version and her global version. What am I missing here?

Speed Attack is the default goto substat when you don't specifically need either of the other ones. Few reasons why:

1) When you are running one of the DPS-centric modes (CR/WB/Raid) your primary goal (aside from dealing damage) is to stall turns for as long as possible. The longer a turn lasts, the longer your passives last. The longer your passives last, the longer your whole team can go without having to deal with ailments. This is extra so on CR, since the boss will berserk after a set number of turns, which amps up how much damage he deals significantly each step. WB will also go into a Berserk state after a while (not sure if this is time or turns though). Speed Attacks are great because they are a 'free' attack that stalls time for you to get off global cooldown.

2) Speed Attacks are extra useful if you have a life steal jewel. They also can't be countered! Again this is very useful for keeping everyone alive for the DPS-centric modes.

3) In PvP (in which Sera is currently good), being faster than the other team is one of the most important things there is. This is because:
- The single character with the highest speed gets to attack first. And other characters follow in line based on their speed.
- The team with the highest total speed gets to use a skill first.

Also yes the servers are dying/dead so uh, yeah maybe come back tomorrow.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Scrublord Prime posted:

Server stability is...... uh..... not quite all there right now! Froze checking raid crafting, froze during hot time 8-20 grinding, poo poo's just hosed.

at least you can connect

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That's interesting but sounds like it was just a text fix, not actually buffing what they do? What I'm seeing is definitely not an 'everyone does more damage' because my team is definitely doing way less. I'm guessing either a bug with Pascal's active or someone hosed up a stat calculation while they were mucking with them. Either way I've lost literally all of my PvP points trying to figure it out sooooo.

The 5xAoE immunity thing is confirmed on Reddit, it's applying to all AoE immunities apparently, pierce no longer beats them. Intentional or bug? If intentional, well, Pascal just got 300% more completely broken than before.

:downs: oh my god Rachel's Respawn is just ... what is it even going on right now :downs:

Awoken Karin did not get her ailment clear which makes her a little less appealing. Evan seems more useful overall anyway, but yeah that's 100 runs of Hard difficulty to even get one of them, uhg.
E: The debuff immunity on revive would be pretty decent for Kris day maybe.

This is the most reliable team I've found for Evan's Hard dungeon so far: Rachel | Spike, Karma, Eileen, Pascal
All of those being critical pieces, and also contingent on having a fairly strong Rachel (2k+ attack). Pretty reliable though, just pop Pascal's immunity and Rachel's Phoenix on the second round, then keep using her single target attack when it's up. Using Karma or Pascal to counter all the buffs.

E: Jesus this patch is just insanely broken. People reporting procing speed attacks on Counters, and the skill priority system being completely overridden randomly (ie other team with less speed going first, other team getting 2-3 skills in a row).

E2: Buff duration not decreasing at all on Pascal's buff either. Pretty sure the game has completely broken and has no concept of which player is supposed to be effected by what at this point. Server just crashed or went down as well.

I'm not getting any of these things, except pascal's AOE shield blocking pierce?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Man this new splash reminds me how much I like Rachel's default outfit.

And how awful Eileen's is.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I felt bad about putting a costume on Rachel since her default look is so good. But I decided the Christmas outfit is a pretty decent alternative. Still has Hat, but now also has ears and long hair.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Rachel's ultra outfit is the only one that challenges the Nonon hat, because she becomes an angel elf.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Looks like servers are going down for maintenance which will hopefully fix this

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Servers are back. Everyone gets 10 Shards of both Karin and Evan, a 6* Hero, and 50 Rubies by way of apology.

Netmarbu are the best.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Clawtopsy posted:

and 50 Rubies by way of apology.

Did not get this, nor can i find the 21-day check in thing?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I had an empty inbox prior to the gr8 crash, that's what I had upon logging back in :shrug:

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I really wish they had auto repeat for this, holy gently caress

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

KoldPT posted:

I really wish they had auto repeat for this, holy gently caress

For what? There is auto repeat and you can even set it to queue specific skills on certain rounds

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

gwrtheyrn posted:

For what? There is auto repeat and you can even set it to queue specific skills on certain rounds

Not for the special dungeons! This means if you don't have a team that's good enough for hard you have to spend a lot of time repeating normal manually.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

KoldPT posted:

Not for the special dungeons! This means if you don't have a team that's good enough for hard you have to spend a lot of time repeating normal manually.

oh for awakening dungeons. dailies are usually limited to once a day anyways so it's not like it's a huge use case

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

gwrtheyrn posted:

oh for awakening dungeons. dailies are usually limited to once a day anyways so it's not like it's a huge use case

It is now, you need 600 awakening fragments :|

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Yeah, my team isn't swole enough to auto hard. Gonna drink hard and just mash 'again' when I can

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What the game REALLY needs is a 'collect all' button for the fifty instances of 1 Karin shard in my inbox.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
What's the go to for gearing Feng? Should I go speed or lethal?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

What's the go to for gearing Feng? Should I go speed or lethal?

spd/spd counter/counter for max dps.

Hard Evan Dungeon takes me 4-5 min per run and I need to do this 100 times aaaaaaaaaaa

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Apparently Hard Evan guys aren't immune to %HP damage attacks, so you can build teams around that too. Rin and Yu Shin seem like obvious picks.

Downtime didn't fix any of the bugs BTW, it was just to fix the servers dying. They also stealth buffed 8-20 apparently.

Kemito
Nov 4, 2003

Pepsi Molotov!
I took this picture.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

They also stealth buffed 8-20 apparently.
I was wondering about that - pascal zaps the first round fine, still, but i had to change formations and stuff to get through the second. What a weird patch.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

ANOTHER event ongoing this month, free immediate 6* Hero Selector, later Fina and a 6* Accessory Selector.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The last bingo square is a doozy. Clear world bosses.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Isn't that just participating in a world boss on a day it hits the daily quota? That doesn't seem to bad. I am a little more concerned about the 7 floors of ToA, the 15th floor can be a bitch.

I do love all these events though, Yesterday I didn't have a Feng Yan, and now I have a level 38 gold FY.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

How do you "clear" the world boss? I thought they were HP pinatas you smack until they wipe your party like Castle Rush. Or is it just take part in it and they hit the target HP?

efb because I was doing castle rush :v:

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Is Diaochan worth transcending right now? I've got Rin already, so I don't really need her passive, but the only healer character I've transcended so far is Asura.

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
I need help/advice. I have a 4* special selector, I can grab any 4L or 7K (except Karma). I have Rin and Spike at 32, and all the other 4Ls/7Ks at 30. I do not have Kris or Jave. Opinions?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Rachel to 32 IMO. Life steal + big crit damage helps a ton for CR and WB and all that.

After that it's pretty up in the air. Jave is good but not he's not great until at least 32 and fully geared. Eileen to 32 would be really good if you're using her heavily for anything. Same for Ace 32.

Amperor posted:

Is Diaochan worth transcending right now? I've got Rin already, so I don't really need her passive, but the only healer character I've transcended so far is Asura.

Not in particular. She's not bad but her Mag buff is a lot worse than Bai Jiao's. If you need a healer to work on you should be doing Karon first, then Lina.
Or if you don't have Dellons or Karma, probably do Lina first actually.

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Rachel to 32 IMO. Life steal + big crit damage helps a ton for CR and WB and all that.

After that it's pretty up in the air. Jave is good but not he's not great until at least 32 and fully geared. Eileen to 32 would be really good if you're using her heavily for anything. Same for Ace 32.

Thanks for the advice! Forgot to mention my Ace is 34, so I guess I'll go with Rachel for now.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Anyone used Mao Song in pvp yet? Thinking I want Sera over him for the Lethal boost, but I kind of like a hero made to gently caress Yu Shin and Giparang, both of whom I have an irrational dislike for.

Gonna be awhile before Feng Yan replaces Shane, my Shane has full ascended gear and she's 40 :eng99:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Don't worry, Awoken Shane will happen sooner or later anyway.

Mao Song is kinda meh even after the remake I think, definitely Sera over him for PvP.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Bingo Event:
Many of the slots are aquired by default, e.g. the check- in ones. Many are easy, e.g. celestial tower clear (treasure room counts), adventure clears and arena entries. They just take some time.
Some look hard, e.g. the world boss clear one but only required you to enter it. I did a NWB and got 109k points and the Bingo counter increased by 1.
The only one i am unsure of is the tower of abyss one. I have only ever done 1 floor there and have no idea about the tactics and such, other than that if you use a hero there you cannot use it again for that season. It looks like you need to clear to Floor 7, though maybe this square also just requires you to ENTER the Tower of Abyss, not necessarily succeed. Does anyone know?

Other stuff:
Another 6* selector! I already have 2 in my inbox set to expire tomorrow. I also have 5 Transcender Fina's. Honestly not sure what to use it all on! I only need a Knox for my current 7k puzzle so am thinking of picking a 6* Knox for one of my selectors then synthing him into something else and hoping for something useful. Have also been thinking of just picking whatever 6* that are useful for SOMETHING, just so i have all useful heroes. I think i have most non 7k/4L heroes that are used for something by now though. The only ones i do not have are May, Sylvia (have Rachel), Bai Long (have Gip), Rania, Jupy (Have Shane, Sieg, the buffed guy), Ariel, Victora, Lucy, Alice, Daisy out of heroes i have seen mentioned at some point. None of them are mentioned often and/or look like desperate replacements for more important heroes.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
For ToA when you use a hero, they are locked out for three days, not the whole season. Ideally you for three strong teams to alternate between. The first 10 floors of the tower are trivial anyways, any semi decent damage dealer will one shot everything. If you have done no ToA this season you could do all 7 for the quest right away. If you are current on the Tower, you have to clear floor 15 which can take a decent team, but isn't super hard.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I opened a few 6* pickers and I couldn't help eyeing Zhao Yun. Our of the three kingdoms characters available he's probably my favorite. I don't know whether he's considered "good", so I decided to just get some of the recommended characters in the OP, but I'd still like to get him.

Is he viable for PvE stuff?

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay

PureRok posted:

I opened a few 6* pickers and I couldn't help eyeing Zhao Yun. Our of the three kingdoms characters available he's probably my favorite. I don't know whether he's considered "good", so I decided to just get some of the recommended characters in the OP, but I'd still like to get him.

Is he viable for PvE stuff?

Unfortunately, the only thing he's sort of good for is Rudy Castle Rush day, because he can remove buffs. However, Li Jung is much better for that overall. He also doesn't have an awakening, so even if he gets one in Korea it is unlikely we will see any change for him any time soon.

Also, I haven't tested it yet, but I would think that the bingo square for Tower of Abyss attempts would probably count failed attempts, since most other quests in the game work that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ineptitude posted:

Other stuff:
Another 6* selector! I already have 2 in my inbox set to expire tomorrow. I also have 5 Transcender Fina's. Honestly not sure what to use it all on! I only need a Knox for my current 7k puzzle so am thinking of picking a 6* Knox for one of my selectors then synthing him into something else and hoping for something useful. Have also been thinking of just picking whatever 6* that are useful for SOMETHING, just so i have all useful heroes. I think i have most non 7k/4L heroes that are used for something by now though. The only ones i do not have are May, Sylvia (have Rachel), Bai Long (have Gip), Rania, Jupy (Have Shane, Sieg, the buffed guy), Ariel, Victora, Lucy, Alice, Daisy out of heroes i have seen mentioned at some point. None of them are mentioned often and/or look like desperate replacements for more important heroes.

Lania is needed for Spike CR, Victoria for Eileen CR. May can be used for a few things but isn't really required. Other than that, just start selecting things to transcend with, you shouldn't be sitting on all those Fina's either, just use them. Prioritize your DPS roles first, then critical CR/Raid/WB stuff like Bai Jiao, Sieg, Karon/Lina, Espada, etc.

• Locked thread