Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Now somebody post Lurdiak's Nova-logo/Spawn mashup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
In honour of the Sam-Nova love in the last few posts:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Re-reading Fraction's Hawkeye and these panels from #14 cracked me up.

Probably posted when it was first released, but well worth re-visiting.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That's true. I have my fiance reading through that series, and the only other Marvel she's ever been interested in has been Squirrel Girl.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

X-O posted:

Nova is great. Read Nova.

What run is this from? I picked up "Human Rocket," and was kind of disappointed, but this looks way more up my alley.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Strange Cares posted:

What run is this from? I picked up "Human Rocket," and was kind of disappointed, but this looks way more up my alley.

The current one that just launched yesterday.
I can't find the quote at the moment, but apparently the writers mentioned taking some inspirations from Nextwave.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Re-reading Fraction's Hawkeye and these panels from #14 cracked me up.

Probably posted when it was first released, but well worth re-visiting.

Who would've thought when Matt Fraction started writing Hawkeye in 1997 that it would become such a hit, even to this day.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

SilverSupernova posted:

I can't find the quote at the moment, but apparently the writers mentioned taking some inspirations from Nextwave.

Which works, since the more recent Nova got some actually helpful advice from The Captain.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

Thanks!
I'll have to put it on my pulls list. I'm definitely digging the art style of this new one over the art in "Human Rocket".

Content!
From Multiple Warheads by Brandon Graham

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
From Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Alien #1

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Honestly a little disappointed it's not a Roflcopter.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Phy posted:

Honestly a little disappointed it's not a Roflcopter.

Roflchopper

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
From More Than Meets The Eye: Revolution, as IDW struggle to gather all of Hasbro's properties into one shared universe, James Roberts and Nick Roche take on the thorny issue of dealing with a crossover with their usual depth and subtlety

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wait are the Dire Wraiths just the bad guys from They Live now?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't care much for Transformers stuff, but as someone that's reading all the IDW Revolution stuff I really enjoyed the issue with the Transformer with the dog that thinks he's a good screenwriter. That was some funny stuff. It was by the same writer of Action Man, which I love, so maybe I just really dig that guy's style.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I don't care much for Transformers stuff, but as someone that's reading all the IDW Revolution stuff I really enjoyed the issue with the Transformer with the dog that thinks he's a good screenwriter. That was some funny stuff.

That has been a persistently amusing subplot for the last 4 years or so. Mostly because they don't overdo it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

That has been a persistently amusing subplot for the last 4 years or so. Mostly because they don't overdo it.

Again, not big on Transformers, but if that one robot had a solo series written in the style of the one shot I'd probably buy it monthly. Naming one of his characters Josh Boyfriend was just amazing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Like Rhyno said, it's really been a long term background storyline that actually goes back more like 7 or 8 years. (Thundercracker's fascination with lovely sitcoms and soaps started in the 2008? 2009? Transformers ongoing, and has kind of evolved from there)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

Like Rhyno said, it's really been a long term background storyline that actually goes back more like 7 or 8 years. (Thundercracker's fascination with lovely sitcoms and soaps started in the 2008? 2009? Transformers ongoing, and has kind of evolved from there)

poo poo you're right. I forgot it started after All Hail Megatron.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel bad for Skywarp, honestly. Thundercracker has a dog and a screenplay and friends. Starscream is king of Cybertron and his normal scheming self. And Skywarp is... the black and purple jet that teleports sometimes.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gaz-L posted:

I feel bad for Skywarp, honestly. Thundercracker has a dog and a screenplay and friends. Starscream is king of Cybertron and his normal scheming self. And Skywarp is... the black and purple jet that teleports sometimes.

He just got made whole in GI Joe I think.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gaz-L posted:

Wait are the Dire Wraiths just the bad guys from They Live now?

Well the only thing about the Dire Wraiths that wasn't Marvel was the name, so IDW are starting from scratch.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The dog thing made me think of the running comedy subplot in X-Factor where an old guy kept trying to build a giant mech to eliminate X-Factor. First it doesn't fit his body. Then he runs out of batteries. Then he dies in one of his attempts because of rainfall hitting an exposed wire. His name is Vic Chalker. So his brother (named Rick, naturally) takes up the goal, and decides to be the villain #1 Fan. His arms you see, are made of fans. He ends up accidentally killing himself with one of the fans.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The dog thing made me think of the running comedy subplot in X-Factor where an old guy kept trying to build a giant mech to eliminate X-Factor. First it doesn't fit his body. Then he runs out of batteries. Then he dies in one of his attempts because of rainfall hitting an exposed wire. His name is Vic Chalker. So his brother (named Rick, naturally) takes up the goal, and decides to be the villain #1 Fan. His arms you see, are made of fans. He ends up accidentally killing himself with one of the fans.

Oh man that whole subplot was great, because there were like four guys in that whole sequence who declared vengeance on X-Factor because the previous guy died, then they'd die before even confronting X-Factor. Then they all came back from the dead as X-Factor's "greatest enemies" and nobody on the team knew who they were.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
The best part was that it was such a slow burn. It played out over about a year.

edit to add funny panels:

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 9, 2016

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The 90s were great. I don't care what anyone else says.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gaz-L posted:

Hey Skywarp get's to be the Quinnjet for the Avengers and go on adventures with them. That's not nothing.

Now Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust. They are the Deception jets who have nothing going on.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

The Question IRL posted:

Hey Skywarp get's to be the Quinnjet for the Avengers and go on adventures with them. That's not nothing.

Now Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust. They are the Deception jets who have nothing going on.

well IDW Ramjet died at Megatron's hands in his own Spotlight issue, and Thrust died when the army dropped a burning building on him, then army built a series of clones after reverse engineering their bodies

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Nipponophile posted:

The best part was that it was such a slow burn. It played out over about a year.

edit to add funny panels:

Ahem. -I- had a Strong Man action figure. :colbert:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

graham cracker posted:

I had a Strong Guy action figure.

Edit: Did your Strong Man come with Spader Man in one of those giant multi-figure packs?

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Dec 10, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

graham cracker posted:

Hey, me too!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Hey, me too!

That figure is bad.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

That figure is bad.

Probably doesn't even have smells like peanut action.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Blackchamber posted:

I had a Strong Guy action figure.

Edit: Did your Strong Man come with Spader Man in one of those giant multi-figure packs?

They wouldn't be the power rangers without him! I have this on good authority from my local bodega operator.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Lurdiak posted:

Hey, me too!

What comes out of the hole in his chest?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Blood & guts

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
E-mails.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

$4,000,000 cash and lady action figures.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

davidspackage posted:

What comes out of the hole in his chest?

Radioactive goo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Newspaper Spider-Man

In the current story arc, Peter and Mary Jane are driving across the US from New York to Los Angeles. While passing through New Mexico, they see a mysterious meteor-like object falling from the sky, decide to investigate, and stop by a local diner to ask if anyone's seen where the meteor landed.

In the diner, Ronan the Accuser was interrogating the local population to find where something he seeks is. The situation rapidly degenerates into fisticuffs between Peter and Ronan.

So we come to today's strip.