Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

its a weird day when someone indirectly accuses an elected politician of being involved in a murder and they vigorously deny it by pointing out they where in prison at the time

which one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

everyone's kicking off about an old murder from the 80s where an irish prison officer got shot in back by the ira. Old gerry has got himself into another spot of bother by insisting that the names of two sf party members he passed onto the police shortly before the election (when the case was brought back up in the campaign) who may know more about the murder came from the son of the victim, who denies this and said he did not give him any names.

Today someone stood up in parliament and named two elected sf politicians with a bit of a nod and a wink saying maybe they'd like to say something

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

of course we all know Gerry Adams was never in the IRA

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

kustomkarkommando posted:

of course we all know Gerry Adams was never in the IRA

maybe that's what he wants you to think

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

shrike82 posted:

Trump is already boosting the markets before he's taken office.

Where are all the people up thread talking about an imminent economic crisis.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Chelb posted:

maybe that's what he wants you to think

slanderous young man how dare you

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

is it pronounced jerry

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

is it pronounced jerry

uh yeah. Its short for gerard (or gerald)

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Badger of Basra posted:

is it pronounced jerry

actually it's pronounced steve

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i think the thing that pisses me off about the 4 or 5 "white votes matter" threads is that after the first time in a while that someone paid some attention to minority issues is that they now want to insist that actually, we should pay more attention to white people

this despite the fact that all the media wanted to talk about for the last year was white people

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

*reads 100 stories about angry unemployed white people*

all the liberal media elite wants to do is talk about trans muslims

Badger of Basra fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 8, 2016

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

*reads 100 stories about angry white unemployed white people*

all the liberal media elite wants to do is talk about trans muslims

i cannot recommend strongly enough avoiding the multitude of threads that bitch about minorities, friend

they are grim

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Ugh playing like poo poo in my pool league

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I blame the What Happened thread

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chelb posted:

im guessing greece
try prehistory

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

ESO trip report: Just got hired to eliminate a dangerous heretic by the name of Vox who poisons the minds of others and seeks to overthrow the rightful order. :v:
please post the word count for his defeat monologue

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

in my school's european history course we started out with an extremely shallow explanation of how the cro-magnons chased off the neanderthals, then made a huge jump towards the chaldeans before getting "serious" around the time of antiquity

norwegian history was pretty much "well people lived here and made some drawings on the rocks but we know hardly anything about them until tacitus decided to make a hugely irrational journey to the middle of nowhere, so we guess that several waves of migrants gradually displaced whoever was there before and we have given them names X and Y and Z and look the modern regions of norway are based on those names isn't that neat"

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this is then followed by a major effort to make the viking ages really boring through looking at them from the perspective of social history - what did people's houses like, what did they eat, who did they sacrifice &c

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
today we learn about eric bloodaxe's interior decorating preferences

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
In other news, can we start handing out probations or bans for lovely spelling and grammar? poo poo like http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3512233&perpage=40&pagenumber=2168#post467132664.

It's nearly unreadable, even though the content isn't terrible.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Aeryk posted:

today we learn about eric bloodaxe's interior decorating preferences
*ominous organ sounds*

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Extensive Vamping posted:

In other news, can we start handing out probations or bans for lovely spelling and grammar? poo poo like http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3512233&perpage=40&pagenumber=2168#post467132664.

no, i want mightypeon posting when russia invades someone else

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/us/politics/scott-pruitt-epa-trump.html

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

At least the earth is reclaiming Oklahoma.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Extensive Vamping posted:

There is a qcs thread for you and yes it is as dumb as this post

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

the paradigm shift posted:

There is a qcs thread for you and yes it is as dumb as this post

At least he's saying people should be probated for bad grammar instead of saying they shouldn't be probated for being racist

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

V. Illych L. posted:

this is then followed by a major effort to make the viking ages really boring through looking at them from the perspective of social history - what did people's houses like, what did they eat, who did they sacrifice &c

this sounds much more interesting than the fight-saga of deathkill skullmurderson & his adventures in looting irish monastaries and pillaging various mainland river-valleys

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I wonder if metalheads go to Scandinavia and have their dreams crushed like otakus visiting japan

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

Do you think this is the first time this has happened since garfield

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe

PupsOfWar posted:

this sounds much more interesting than the fight-saga of deathkill skullmurderson & his adventures in looting irish monastaries and pillaging various mainland river-valleys

no

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
garfield stuffed their entire cabinet..... full of LASAGNA~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

I wonder if metalheads go to Scandinavia and have their dreams crushed like otakus visiting japan

Please dont ruin my vacation plans for the summer. :(

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Rodatose posted:

garfield stuffed their entire cabinet..... full of LASAGNA~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

I hate Mondays.

Oh and Old Granddad is pretty good

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Furnaceface posted:

Please dont ruin my vacation plans for the summer. :(

you could always meet the modern day vikings of scandinavia: roaming biker gang members who happen to all be neo nazis.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Hollismason posted:

I blame the What Happened thread

we are in a twilight zone episode nothing more

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Rodatose posted:

you could always meet the modern day vikings of scandinavia: roaming biker gang members who happen to all be neo nazis.

Weird, we have those same vikings in Montreal.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
right but these are High Quality artisan neo-nazis, descended from generation after generation of neo nazis hand picked for their lineage traced back to actual nazi collaborators. "You Can't Beat The Real Deal."℠

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Rodatose posted:

he died on a Monday

Garfield the cat experiences the phantom death every week on that day

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Rodatose posted:

right but these are High Quality artisan neo-nazis, descended from generation after generation of neo nazis hand picked for their lineage traced back to actual nazi collaborators. "You Can't Beat The Real Deal."℠

do these neo-nazis have a pdo certification

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Speaking of history, someone called up the tutoring center this week asking if we could help them review their semester of AP Euro in like 3 hours

Just finished, so here's hoping that all sticks in their head for the test tomorrow

• Locked thread