Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

Speaking of V, I looked at that scan again and one thing I noticed is it looks like it's missing the skills you'd associate with any kind of squad system, like Follow/Focus/Cluster Attack. It's just the basics.
That's kind of an interesting point because something like Cross Ange could be a 12-unit fiesta in a squad game but easily get away with only having 3 units and having the rest represented as assist attacks in a single-unit game.

It also means we might not get Roberto as a unit from Zeta Gundam. I missed that dude in Z2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just remembered in V it's the girl that got the Grungust and the boy that got the Huckebein and I get hype all over again.

The girl didn't sound like that great of a yeller which is a key component of piloting a super robot.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just remembered in V it's the girl that got the Grungust and the boy that got the Huckebein and I get hype all over again.

When I first played SRWOG on the GBA, I really liked Ring Mao. For most of the game she's just a background character who's kind of ancillary to the conflict until aliens show up at her front door, but when they do she busts out with a second Grungust and kicks rear end.

It really threw me for a loop when I found out she was originally the Huckebein pilot. Then again, the fact that the Huckebein's tended to be really poor suits in OG probably didn't help.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Schwarzwald posted:

When I first played SRWOG on the GBA, I really liked Ring Mao. For most of the game she's just a background character who's kind of ancillary to the conflict until aliens show up at her front door, but when they do she busts out with a second Grungust and kicks rear end.

It really threw me for a loop when I found out she was originally the Huckebein pilot. Then again, the fact that the Huckebein's tended to be really poor suits in OG probably didn't help.

I couldn't say if it's just the 'you can make any unit you like usable if you upgrade it' effect since I'm not sure how much attention I was giving them, but in all the OG games I've played the non-MP Huckes have been pretty big rear end-kickers. I was devastated when they all got destroyed in 2nd OGs since they were all mainstays in my army in addition to just being units I liked.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The original Huckebein and Boxer were both fantastic in OG2. The other Huckies were pretty decent chassis for the better real weapons too.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
The original Huckebein was amazing in OG1 and was a victim of the massive power creep of OG2, even if it was still a fairly solid unit.

Sadly, Ring isn't too hot in it, considering her will gains, but it's a good unit for Leona if you're not just going to shove her in the Wurger L forever.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I have a question for peeps who bought Moon Dwellers in English - Can you recommend a reliable store that sells codes for Singapore PSN cards?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Hokuto posted:

I have a question for peeps who bought Moon Dwellers in English - Can you recommend a reliable store that sells codes for Singapore PSN cards?

Play-Asia is pretty reliable

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

drrockso20 posted:

Play-Asia is pretty reliable

I didn't realize they did cards in that region. Thanks!

KoB
May 1, 2009
Yeah just search for Singapore PSN and they just email the codes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ebay is also a good place to look, that is where I get mine from.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Wait, Turn A is in Genesis?

Also I take back what I said about the animations because that is just inspired.

EDIT: G-Self Perfect Pack is in as a 100% completion bonus too.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Dec 7, 2016

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Well, you can count Turn A as post-UC.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I want to know what music track that is so I can set it on someone.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I love how it's specifically Turn A as a hellbeast that ended the world instead of Loran's dancing graceful heroic Turn A piloting.

Also yay Bell is playable!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Crystal God Unicorn is in too, but it's not nearly as surprising.

I guess the "stun every unit on the map" attack is kinda funny though.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
They're just throwing everything in that was lost from the Universal Century now, aren't they?

Edit: the weirdest part is that the numbers on the status screen are in a different font from the English version. Why? Who knows?

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
So, any G-Saviour??? lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZuljinRaynor posted:

So, any G-Saviour??? lol

Aside from the cameo units it cuts off at Unicorn timeline-wise.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Dear SRW thread, am I mis-remembering something, or was there some kind of shoujo anime crossover game on like the (first) playstation? Something with a bunch of old magical girl shows and stuff?

I know Super Heroine Chronicle is a thing on PS3 but that's not what I'm thinking of.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

ImpAtom posted:

Aside from the cameo units it cuts off at Unicorn timeline-wise.

G-Saviour cameos would be pretty funny IMO.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Dark History Turn-A was in World and/or Overworld too. It only had two attacks, a basic melee and ranged, but it's stats were supreme.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 8, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It actually debuted even before that, it was in one of the last "UC only" games (Spirits) too.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
I've been watching Patlabor lately and I'm really surprised it's not better represented in the series. Is it not terribly popular, or is a bunch of cops whose ultimate weapon is a robot-sized revolved not really flashy enough for SRW?

Personally, I'd be all about watching Ota try and fail to suplex an enemy super until Noa comes up behind it and rams a baton in its back.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

Dear SRW thread, am I mis-remembering something, or was there some kind of shoujo anime crossover game on like the (first) playstation? Something with a bunch of old magical girl shows and stuff?

I know Super Heroine Chronicle is a thing on PS3 but that's not what I'm thinking of.
You might be thinking of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_in_Nakayoshi_World ? It's snes but very late in its life cycle, and fits the bill.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Silvergun1000 posted:

I've been watching Patlabor lately and I'm really surprised it's not better represented in the series. Is it not terribly popular, or is a bunch of cops whose ultimate weapon is a robot-sized revolved not really flashy enough for SRW?

Personally, I'd be all about watching Ota try and fail to suplex an enemy super until Noa comes up behind it and rams a baton in its back.

It's the fact that it honestly isn't very easy to work. It's in one SRW and to be honest it's like... kinda clear that they don't have a ton of ideas how to make the unit very good. You can just kinda dance around it by giving it ridiculously inflated stats but that isn't very fun. It's better when you have something like Dai-Guard where it's kind of a lovely unit literally held together by its pilot spirits until it gets a few upgrades.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

haha, while trying to find that one I came across this masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeuC3FdiO2Q&t=336s

Finally, a crossover of darker than black and s-cry-ed.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

ImpAtom posted:

It's the fact that it honestly isn't very easy to work. It's in one SRW and to be honest it's like... kinda clear that they don't have a ton of ideas how to make the unit very good. You can just kinda dance around it by giving it ridiculously inflated stats but that isn't very fun. It's better when you have something like Dai-Guard where it's kind of a lovely unit literally held together by its pilot spirits until it gets a few upgrades.

Yeah that's fair enough, although by that same token, they made Bonta-Kun work. Having both of the Division 2 forwards beating on something while Asuma is on the ground trying not to get smashed would be pretty great!

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Odd V detail from the site since odd details from the site are totally my thing: the third special skill is Concentration. It's still not a squad skill. Also, it's leveled now, which is kind of interesting.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm really enjoying GGG. I think my favorite thing has to be using develop to unlock different types of suits. I'm only playing chronologically at the moment (will probably get tired of that) but I loving love finding units like the god drat zudah.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

You might be thinking of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_in_Nakayoshi_World ? It's snes but very late in its life cycle, and fits the bill.

Yeah that isn't it either, I might just be imagining something or combining concepts in my bad memory or some poo poo. Thanks though.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Silvergun1000 posted:

Yeah that's fair enough, although by that same token, they made Bonta-Kun work. Having both of the Division 2 forwards beating on something while Asuma is on the ground trying not to get smashed would be pretty great!

Making Patlabor cool and good isn't impossible, but I feel they would definitely have to be a team unit instead of just one thing. A lot of attacks would be a call in because individually they don't have much going for them other than a truncated FMP attack list, but together they have loads of options, like the suplexing and beatdown. Make them S size with a spirit pool for each member, maybe even have it so they transform but its to swap which member is in the front like the unit in Neo, is it the Eldran guys? They'd have much the same attacks, maybe one changed for each, but different skill sets and you can have your fave one in front having a good time.

Put Patlabor on the list with Escaflowne as stuff that needs another shot.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah that isn't it either, I might just be imagining something or combining concepts in my bad memory or some poo poo. Thanks though.
Could it be Majokko Daisakusen: Little Witching Mischiefs? I only know about it due to it being a bizarre reskin of another game called The Unholy War.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Ryoga posted:

Could it be Majokko Daisakusen: Little Witching Mischiefs? I only know about it due to it being a bizarre reskin of another game called The Unholy War.

OK yeah, that's it, thank you. Counter-thanks to google for completely failing to return anything when I'm searching various combos of "playstation game with cutey honey in it". Thought I was going crazy here.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

On episode 97 of internet interview show Matt Chat,[1] creators Fred Ford and Paul Reiche described the unusual production style. The company were faxed design documents directly from Bandai which needed to be translated from Japanese before any of them could be implemented. The process was so laborious, the developers eventually stopped receiving Bandai's faxes in order to finish the game on schedule.

lol

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Wait a minute--it's a fighting game starring 1960's-1980's magical girls, and it was created by the people who made Star Control? What the gently caress??

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it seems like a pretty fuckin weird game. In my hazy memory I was thinking it had pretty bad graphics and now that I looked up a video uh loving confirmed holy poo poo. Just..WEIRD choices on the art. It seems like when still the characters are a fairly poor 2D sprite but when moving they temporarily become fairly poor 3D models.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNrK1npQIiQ

Well that's the weirdest video game related thing I'm going to learn all month.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Ohmygod, Minifée. I remember that from Quebec tv during my childhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdmKiII5HMs

• Locked thread