Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I'm having a fun time collecting bonus limited Pokémon and that's what matters, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
No extra Celesteelas?

They're not hard to get for Castforms!

(and relatively in demand, that's what I've been using on the GTS)

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mizuti posted:

Are Hidden Ability Dratini still very rare? I got one from a friend and am breeding more now.

They're fairly in demand yes.

Also, I'd like one if you don't mind.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Sockser posted:

I'm having a fun time collecting bonus limited Pokémon and that's what matters, I guess.

how

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Neo_Crimson posted:

They're fairly in demand yes.

Also, I'd like one if you don't mind.

FC: 5086-1559-1599 IGN: Luna

I'll need your details too.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

No extra Celesteelas?

i haven't been able to get a celesteela at all everytime I try

I've gotten 4 buzzwoles, 3 kartanas, and 2 pheromosas

no celesteelas

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can just have mine, it's not like I'll ever use it and I'll probably reset before the bank comes to sumo anyway

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

No extra Celesteelas?

I had a few extra celesteelas that I ended up trading for... maybe more Buzzwoles, maybe that Necrozma, I forget. Fair enough point; need to build those ranks back up.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

what are you guys using for the battle tree

i just want the good items god drat it

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ruggington posted:

no celesteelas
For Castform? It's been taking me a little longer, but it's still been working just fine.

I also secretly suspect I could try aiming for Tapu Fini/Bulu and backdooring into the good Tapus from there.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I had castform up for celesteela for two days and got nothing

had kartana up for another day and nothing again

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Mizuti posted:

My FC is 0387-8872-9394, IGN is Crimson.

I've got some HA Mareanie eggs if you want.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Mizuti posted:

I'd like one too

I'll cop you a beast ball ha gible

2019-9655-6466

ign is goku

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 8, 2016

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Neo_Crimson posted:

My FC is 0387-8872-9394, IGN is Crimson.

I've got some HA Mareanie eggs if you want.

I've got one already, but thanks. Online now.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ruggington posted:

I had castform up for celesteela for two days and got nothing

had kartana up for another day and nothing again
That's too long - gotta relist after twelve hours or so, they get buried under all the crap since it's sorted chronologically and I guess people are lazy? But it really does work better for me if I relist.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Final question sirs and I do appreciate all the responses. I have bred a Minior with Beast Ball that has 5 perfect IV's. Speed however is only "Decent", should I try giving this Minior a destiny knot and breeding it with another Minior that has a perfect speed IV?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Much appreciated Mizuti :)

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Ruggington posted:

Much appreciated Mizuti :)

No problem. I want to hand them out so people can realistically get one.

Crimson, it's been over 10 minutes and I haven't seen you. Edit: 30 minutes later and still nothing. I'm done waiting.

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 8, 2016

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

JackDarko posted:

Final question sirs and I do appreciate all the responses. I have bred a Minior with Beast Ball that has 5 perfect IV's. Speed however is only "Decent", should I try giving this Minior a destiny knot and breeding it with another Minior that has a perfect speed IV?
Genderless Pokémon can only breed with Ditto. But do keep a destiny knot on one of them (it actually doesn't matter which) and maybe try and get lucky that the child gets Minior's 5 perfect IVs as well as randomly perfect speed?

If you don't have a 6 IV Ditto, a 4 IV is attainable through chaining at least 30 in a single battle; this would greatly boost your odds of a perfect Minior.

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 8, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I find it both amusing and sad that I see more exploding gimmick Silvally's than people actually using its RKS system.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

notoriousman posted:

Genderless Pokémon can only breed with Ditto. But do keep a destiny knot on one of them (it actually doesn't matter which) and maybe try and get lucky that the child gets Minior's 5 perfect IVs as well as randomly perfect speed?

If you don't have a 6 IV Ditto, a 4 IV is attainable through chaining at least 30 in a single battle; this would greatly boost your odds of a perfect Minior.

I do have a four IV Ditto unfortunately it's Speed stat is abysmal. Thank you for the advice sir.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

JackDarko posted:

I do have a four IV Ditto unfortunately it's Speed stat is abysmal. Thank you for the advice sir.

Some pokemon you want to go last.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Beast Ball status: 106/156. More than two thirds of the way there!

(Totally saving Ditto for last.)

Whoever wanted a HA Vulpix egg moves earlier, I still have one. But I'm going to bed early, so I can get it to you tomorrow if someone else can't!

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

Some pokemon you want to go last.

I kept an otherwise regular ditto because it had 0 speed IV and that is real clutch in breeding trick room Pokemon.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I used Dragonite @ Lum Berry (Multiscale) / Milotic @ Sitrus Berry (Competitive) / Aegislash @ Leftovers for my initial farm. Now that I have some choice items I'm using Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf instead of the Milotic.

Those three don't need any special items, just berries and leftovers. You can sub anything stall-y that doesn't duplicate weaknesses in the middle slot, like an Eviolite Chansey. Muk probably works, too. Toxapex definitely.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Mizuti posted:

No problem. I want to hand them out so people can realistically get one.

Crimson, it's been over 10 minutes and I haven't seen you. Edit: 30 minutes later and still nothing. I'm done waiting.

Sorry I had to leave for something. Do you want to set up at time to trade?

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Ruggington posted:

no celesteelas

Completely :same: I guess people hate kartana lol.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Sorry I had to leave for something. Do you want to set up at time to trade?

If you're really back this time, I can do it now. Edit: Guess not.

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Dec 8, 2016

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I've seen this gimmick so much I anticipated this, but I still never expected it to go this far :regd09:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-492327928

:happyelf:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 8, 2016

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
I don't understand how after like 6 or 7 days I've yet to trade this dumb Kartana for an Archen.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I've seen this gimmick so much I anticipated this, but I still never expected it to go this far :regd09:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-492327928

:happyelf:

What the hell did he think this was going to accomplish :psyduck:

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

I don't understand how after like 6 or 7 days I've yet to trade this dumb Kartana for an Archen.

I got mine with a castform :shrug:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

cheetah7071 posted:

More important than that, moon has green/blue/purple options for fashion, and sun has red/orange/yellow/pink

Sockser posted:

Yeah this is actually the most important thing

Moon has far superior fashion options.

Another copy of Moon sold!

Just bought a 3DS and some games, hope this is good.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Beast Ball status: 106/156. More than two thirds of the way there!

(Totally saving Ditto for last.)

Whoever wanted a HA Vulpix egg moves earlier, I still have one. But I'm going to bed early, so I can get it to you tomorrow if someone else can't!

That was me. We're in different timezones it seems. Ah well, we'll make it happen eventually, I have plenty of BB Slowpokes and Smeargles sitting in a box.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Mierenneuker posted:

That was me. We're in different timezones it seems. Ah well, we'll make it happen eventually, I have plenty of BB Slowpokes and Smeargles sitting in a box.

I can toss a 5IV HA Vulpix w/ egg moves in a lux ball your way. I don't really need anything special in return but I'll take a beast ball slowpoke if you've still got some.

4828-8638-6106 IGN: Ofelia

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Ceramics posted:

I can toss a 5IV HA Vulpix w/ egg moves in a lux ball your way. I don't really need anything special in return but I'll take a beast ball slowpoke if you've still got some.

4828-8638-6106 IGN: Ofelia

Which egg moves you got on that thing?? Freeze-Dry, hopefully?? I'd love to get in on that action!

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Which egg moves you got on that thing?? Freeze-Dry, hopefully?? I'd love to get in on that action!

Sure you can have one. Egg moves are freeze-dry, extrasensory, and moonblast.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Ceramics posted:

Sweet!

I can offer:

5IV Adamant Shadow Sneak Grimer, 4IV Timid Vacuum Wave/Bullet Punch Riolu, 5IV Adamant Litten, 5IV Adamant Minior, and 5IV Jolly Shellder with Rock Blast.

Lemme add you and hop on now.

Edit:

My FC is 5412-9913-6768 and my IGN is Simon

Edit2: I've added you and am online now!

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Dec 8, 2016

Jithendra
May 23, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Well, I only play doubles so this may not work for you, but so far I've been having good results with:

Primarina @ Sitrus berry
- Dazzling Gleam
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Tsareena @ Fighting Z
(Queenly Majesty)
- Trop Kick
- High Jump Kick / Low Sweep
- Teeter Dance
- Protect

Muk-A @ Black Sludge
(Power of Alchemy)
- Substitute
- Minimize / Protect / Acid Armor
- Poison Jab / Gunk Shot
- Knock off

Marowak-A @ Thick Club
(Lightningrod)
- Protect
- Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz

Muk is the glue of the team, the idea is to use his HA to keep Marowak and Tsareena's protective abilities around as long as possible. Against players I wouldn't use minimize Muk, it's too unreliable imo, but against the AI it's fine. If you don't like that, you could use Acid Armor or Protect instead though.

Low Sweep is probably better than HJK for battle tree, because it's more reliable and offers some speed control, but if you're mostly using it to power the Z-move, you may miss out on some OHKOs.

Primarina has proven to be bulkier than I expected. I kinda just picked her because I wanted something with Perish Song to beat stallers, and fairy typing seemed helpful so I wanted to try it out. If you don't like Primarina, Lapras and Politoed are good alternatives that still get Perish Song, and they both have better abilities for Muk to copy.

EVs are nothing fancy, just full investment in HP and the best attacking stat, though I should probably make Muk more defensive. All of the items are available without BP by stealing. Probably the hardest part would be finding an alchemist Grimer, and for that you can chain them at the trainer's school (it's less annoying to chain them there because they don't know Minimize yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Ceramics posted:

Hell of a eugenics program you've got going over there. Enjoy the Cubone!

Anyone have any general tips, or anything I should know before doing the Looker mission where you catch all the UBs?? I can just kill them and they'll come back? And some of them I can catch twice?? should I catch the Tapus first?? And like, regular Pokeballs/non Beast Balls are fine?