Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Yo-yo is fun, but I'm really annoyed at the fact that they totally forgot how her powers worked. Now she's just generic speedy person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
They didn't though? I'm pretty sure she always ends up back where she started at the end of every speedy sequence.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That kinda sucked.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Spergatory posted:

They didn't though? I'm pretty sure she always ends up back where she started at the end of every speedy sequence.
Yeah.
I thought it was she had about 8 seconds of real time to move at superspeed then she gets "yo-yo'd" back to the original spot.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I thought it was that she could "end" the superspeed early (and then instantly restart it) and keep moving, but if she didn't she snaps back. It's why in the .gif of her running from the fire there are several more solid images in between all the blurred goesfast movement.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That was good but it's easily the weakest of the winter finales, mostly because it's really hard to top how ludicrously game-changing season 2 and 3's winter finales were.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Pussy Quipped posted:

Yeah.
I thought it was she had about 8 seconds of real time to move at superspeed then she gets "yo-yo'd" back to the original spot.

Pretty sure it was between heartbeats or something like that.

Who knows how her powers work now.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Originally she had the time between her heartbeats to move before getting pulled back to her original position, which is why her name made sense. It's not at all way happened this episode.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

counterfeitsaint posted:

Originally she had the time between her heartbeats to move before getting pulled back to her original position, which is why her name made sense. It's not at all way happened this episode.

She still seems to get pulled back though in every occasion she uses her power in the episode.
The limitation seems to still apply.
I don't get what you think has changed. She is not the generic speed person at all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Didn't she say she had been working on her powers early on this season? I took that to mean that she has extended the time a little bit.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm very pleased that Daisy gets to be an agent again, but I had to laugh at her zipper on her suit being unzipped 4 extra inches for no reason at all.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'm very pleased that Daisy gets to be an agent again, but I had to laugh at her zipper on her suit being unzipped 4 extra inches for no reason at all.

Especially when she shares a scene with Yoyo who was zipped all the way up.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

AbstractNapper posted:

She still seems to get pulled back though in every occasion she uses her power in the episode.
The limitation seems to still apply.
I don't get what you think has changed. She is not the generic speed person at all.

It's possible that I missed it, but I didn't see her getting pulled back at all. The first time with the explosion that weird jumping effect happened, and the second time was just a budget version of those two scenes from X-Men. Before she'd have time to zip ahead and grab someone's gun or something, but now she's Quicksilvering across the room interacting with a dozen people and carefully setting up hilarious results. Like someone else said she mentioned she's been working on her powers and maybe they're just showing how much better she is at it now.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Lots of cardio to get her heart rate down.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's possible that I missed it, but I didn't see her getting pulled back at all. The first time with the explosion

Using a yoyo speed effect to try and outrun an explosion would be pretty hilarious. "Whoooo I escaped!~ nope, getting pulled back to where I started oh poo poo"

Edit: I just went and rewatched the two Yoyo scenes and she definitely ends up back where she started in the explosion scene but in the battle scene at the end where she's switching around guns and stuff she ends up on the same side of the room where she entered but she stops a good 30 or 40 feet from where she started.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Dec 8, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

Oh, there's a reason.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I guess Joey's gone off to join Deathlock. Even Mace didn't mention him, just Yo-Yo, Robbie, and Daisy. :smith:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

I guess Joey's gone off to join Deathlock. Even Mace didn't mention him, just Yo-Yo, Robbie, and Daisy. :smith:

That's what he gets for being employed by another show. If you wanna be a superhero, you gotta be ready to commit, damnit! :argh:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't even understand Yo-yo's power at all. I thought it just worked on the basis that you have a start point and then a set distance you're allowed to move from that initial point before you have to return to it because of her own limits in how long she can move at that speed. Which would mean that doing poo poo like going around corners would be an issue but doing things in a-not-perfectly straight line and kind of moving back and forth from wall to wall in a room could be possible.

But I dunno. I don't really think she's turned into a generic speed character since I can't remember her vibrating one part of her body to dismantle something.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I'm pretty sure she has the time it takes for her heart to beat once to move at super speed, after which she's pulled back where she started. The fact that she can do more now than before could just be that she's gotten even faster now than she was before. She's not spending any more time in speed mode, but she can still accomplish a lot more in that time.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

It's a bit of both, they mentioned on the show last season that she had either been training or had some tech doohickey that slowed her heart rate down so she had more time between heart beats.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I just want to say, AIDA's actor is impressive.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

CornHolio posted:

I just want to say, AIDA's actor is impressive.

Go watch galavant, one of the greatest shows of all time, tragically slaughtered in its youth at the end of season 2 last year.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

Go watch galavant, one of the greatest shows of all time, tragically slaughtered in its youth at the end of season 2 last year.

It's impossible to overstate how true this statement is.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Actually it was this year. Galavant Season 2 aired this January. I'm saying this so you don't forget to put it on your top of 2016 list.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

hangedman1984 posted:

It's impossible to overstate how true this statement is.

At the same time, I'm glad it ends on a very high note still. If it had been cancelled after only season one...

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Its loss is a tragedy on par with firefly or freaks and geeks. It never gained the support or public awareness that it needed.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

Its loss is a tragedy on par with firefly or freaks and geeks. It never gained the support or public awareness that it needed.
This is my fault I'm sorry I failed you galavant. I watched all of a season 1 except the first ep because I could only ever find it as a vine in Romanian or some poo poo with subtitles. Are both seasons out on Netflix or anywhere? I missed all of season 2.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Oracle posted:

This is my fault I'm sorry I failed you galavant. I watched all of a season 1 except the first ep because I could only ever find it as a vine in Romanian or some poo poo with subtitles. Are both seasons out on Netflix or anywhere? I missed all of season 2.

Yep. Both seasons on Netflix (at least in the US)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The fact that a show featuring Vinny Jones singing showtunes didn't catch on vexes me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I hated it. Cramming two half-hour mini-episodes into every hour-long episode really messed with the pacing, and stuff like Oy, What a Knight just made me go watch Mel Brooks instead. There were parts I loved, but they didn't outshine the bad enough for me to stick with it for season 2.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Season 1 was solid TV, but Season 2 was wonderful.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
When Ada turned out to be bad, I couldn't help but think "curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal." Showing her at the end of last season was the display of Chekhov's gun and having her read the Darkhold was that gun getting loaded. Also androids "thinking of electric sheep" bothered me because the book title is "dreaming," not "thinking." It felt like a forced reference.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Someone asked her what she was thinking about. Coulson said "electric sheep" it's just a smartass quip. Don't look too far into it.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So, not that anyone actually cares but, uhhh... what happens to Gabe now? Isn't he a minor? Whose last living relatives just took the highway to hell? Are they just gonna... wheel him back to his empty house, give him a pat on the back and wish him good luck?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Spergatory posted:

So, not that anyone actually cares but, uhhh... what happens to Gabe now? Isn't he a minor? Whose last living relatives just took the highway to hell? Are they just gonna... wheel him back to his empty house, give him a pat on the back and wish him good luck?

If this was the an 80's comic book, he'd join SHIELD as the brainy mission command who's on the radio in between going to high school classes. Seems like a better life than whatever awaits him.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Spergatory posted:

He goes back to Fear The Walking Dead

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

He goes back to Fear The Walking Dead

You sick bastard, I wouldn't do that to anybody

ED: Seriously that show makes regular Walking Dead look like the best show in the history of TV, holy poo poo, it's bad in a train wreck kind of way or we'd quit a while ago

Spergatory posted:

In all seriousness it would be cool if Coulson hooked him up with the same tech they're using to make War Machine walk and kept him around.

bloodychill posted:

When Ada turned out to be bad, I couldn't help but think "curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal." Showing her at the end of last season was the display of Chekhov's gun and having her read the Darkhold was that gun getting loaded. Also androids "thinking of electric sheep" bothered me because the book title is "dreaming," not "thinking." It felt like a forced reference.

I really hope they do some kind of cool twist to it we're not expecting. Like the guy she killed was actually a body snatcher, and the reason she's doing this is SHIELD is already infiltrated and it's the only course of action or something.

It'll probably just be that she's malfunctioning and trying to spare the agents pain by locking them in cells while the drones do the work (since every AI in Marvel seems to end up evil) but it'd be way more interesting to me if there's more going on than what we all expect.

This show's done it before, so I hold out some hope.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Dec 9, 2016

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Spergatory posted:

He goes to the orphanage Matt Murdock (Daredevil) and Mary Sue Poots (Quake) were sent to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

You sick bastard, I wouldn't do that to anybody

ED: Seriously that show makes regular Walking Dead look like the best show in the history of TV, holy poo poo, it's bad in a train wreck kind of way or we'd quit a while ago

In all seriousness it would be cool if Coulson hooked him up with the same tech they're using to make War Machine walk and kept him around.

I really hope they do some kind of cool twist to it we're not expecting. Like the guy she killed was actually a body snatcher, and the reason she's doing this is SHIELD is already infiltrated and it's the only course of action or something.

It'll probably just be that she's malfunctioning and trying to spare the agents pain by locking them in cells while the drones do the work (since every AI in Marvel seems to end up evil) but it'd be way more interesting to me if there's more going on than what we all expect.

This show's done it before, so I hold out some hope.

This made me go on a wiki search and I just found out that J.A.R.V.I.S. is also Vision. Which is just kinda...huh.

• Locked thread