Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
pesco-pollo-lacto-ovo-paro-tarian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I cured an ulcer by drowning it in pepto

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

NORAD, NOARD, THIS IS STRATCOM, PLEASE CLARIFY WHAT YOU MEANT BY FURIOUS GHOST OF ARIEL SHARON ENTERING OUR AIRSPACE, OVER

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

NORAD, NOARD, THIS IS STRATCOM, PLEASE CLARIFY WHAT YOU MEANT BY FURIOUS GHOST OF ARIEL SHARON ENTERING OUR AIRSPACE, OVER

A bunch of snow geese died in Idaho last year too. Americans sure like to kill our migrating birds. :(

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

quote:

A new Bloomberg Politics poll indicated that 54 percent of adults believed stock prices would be higher at the end of 2017 than they are today, and that with Mr. Trump’s election, Americans are more optimistic about their finances.

what dumbasses

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Campaigning against republican obstructionism hasn't worked for the past 6 years idk how it would have worked now

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
im sitting here scrollin' through facebook looking at friends who have decent jobs in the field i wanted to work in and feeling p depressed

would like a career change but have no skills, experience, or knowledge in the field i'd like to jump into

hope is a lie, death is certain

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

boy are my arms tired posted:

im sitting here scrollin' through facebook looking at friends who have decent jobs in the field i wanted to work in and feeling p depressed

would like a career change but have no skills, experience, or knowledge in the field i'd like to jump into

hope is a lie, death is certain

can't you butter up one of your friends

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

kustomkarkommando posted:

can't you butter up one of your friends

"hey man haven't spoken to you in a couple of years, so anyways yeah i'd really like this job at your game company even though i haven't done programming, modelling, or design work in, wow, just about the same time its been since i talked to you! crazy anyways please give me a job"

not trying to be snarky but they'd be mega dumb to hire me. i gotta build a portfolio again.

Kristov
Jul 5, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

It's extremely easy and comforting cowardly to think that both sides are just as bad

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Furnaceface posted:

A bunch of snow geese died in Idaho last year too. Americans sure like to kill our migrating birds. :(

we need to build a wall with canada to keep the geese out

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQL_bMaA7Aw

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

"hey man haven't spoken to you in a couple of years, so anyways yeah i'd really like this job at your game company even though i haven't done programming, modelling, or design work in, wow, just about the same time its been since i talked to you! crazy anyways please give me a job"

not trying to be snarky but they'd be mega dumb to hire me. i gotta build a portfolio again.

you don't want to work in videogames

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Raskolnikov38 posted:

we need to build a wall with canada to keep the geese out

And the artic blasts.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
The Charleston shooter trial kicked off and the opening is about as gut wrenching as you'd expect. I hope it's over soon.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gin and Juche posted:

The Charleston shooter trial kicked off and the opening is about as gut wrenching as you'd expect. I hope it's over soon.
by gut wrenching you mean that the "black(s) worshippers" (as per AP) were clearly threatening and dylan roof was just defending himself? i mean i hope he gets heaviest possible punishment, but there's so much faith i have in persecution of hate crimes done by white americans

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

cinci zoo sniper posted:

by gut wrenching you mean that the "black(s) worshippers" (as per AP) were clearly threatening and dylan roof was just defending himself? i mean i hope he gets heaviest possible punishment, but there's so much faith i have in persecution of hate crimes done by white americans

As far as I've read the defense isn't bothering to dispute guilt, just try to prevent execution. And it was the prosecution that rejected the life no parole plea deal.

Even if this trial gets a bizarro rainmaker the state murder trial is next year.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

If you like sausages or video games, don't observe them being made

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

babies too

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Careful you'd destroy an entire industry

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gin and Juche posted:

As far as I've read the defense isn't bothering to dispute guilt, just try to prevent execution. And it was the prosecution that rejected the life no parole plea deal.

Even if this trial gets a bizarro rainmaker the state murder trial is next year.
yeah im catching up on two articles and drat, if i were on roof's defense team i'd be drinking with a mirror every night i think

Gin and Juche posted:

wait, which trial is this then if there's a state trial next year

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Did he hire a defense or was one appointed? Roofs whole defense thing was kind of a cluster gently caress.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I've been away for a while because politics has been too depressing for me. Was the USPol Dec thread shut down or are there simply no more USPol threads?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Filthy Hans posted:

I've been away for a while because politics has been too depressing for me. Was the USPol Dec thread shut down or are there simply no more USPol threads?
uspol was executed by nato general exmarx

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

i do, actually, but thanks

Filthy Hans posted:

i know how they're made and im 100% aware of the downsides of working in games, thanks

Gin and Juche posted:

yeah this case is going to be depressing, start to finish

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/Ethan_Booker/status/806892797211066369

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Surprised he didn't go with Papa John. Or does Carl's Junior dude hate the working class with the fury of 1,000 pizza ovens too?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mustached Demon posted:

Surprised he didn't go with Papa John. Or does Carl's Junior dude hate the working class with the fury of 1,000 pizza ovens too?

He's on record that he wants to replace all his workers with robots because the minimum wage is too high

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

federal

mass murders are like subway's sub club- get enough and you qualify for a federal death sentence gratis

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Luigi Thirty posted:

He's on record that he wants to replace all his workers with robots because the minimum wage is too high

lmao

cant wait to order lovely burgers from a robot and if my order is messed up w e l p

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
actually no it's because shooting up a black church to start rahowa counts as a hate crime in obama's america

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yeah im catching up on two articles and drat, if i were on roof's defense team i'd be drinking with a mirror every night i think

This is a federal trial over hate crime, terrorism (I think), the works, 33 counts in total.

And apparently the defense tried to declare a mistrial because of the one woman characterized him as "evil".

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSwzjD0L4co

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

they just gotta stall until trump is president and can pardon him

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Muppets On PCP posted:

federal

mass murders are like subway's sub club- get enough and you qualify for a federal death sentence gratis
oh i see

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gin and Juche posted:

This is a federal trial over hate crime, terrorism (I think), the works, 33 counts in total.

And apparently the defense tried to declare a mistrial because of the one woman characterized him as "evil".
yeah thats one of the two articles i linked, the one i wrote the mirror alcoholism thing about

they just gotta stall until trump is president and can pardon him
:negative:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
and now i found out subway hasn't had their sub club program in over a decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Muppets On PCP posted: