Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
"everyone please mute your phones"

*beep-BOOP*
*beep-BOOP*
*beep-BOOP*
*beep-BOOP*
*beep-BOOP*

"ok now I'm going to do a roll call. Tom Shitfucker? Tom? TOM ARE YOU HERE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

ahhh memories:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g4dkBF5anU

* chat window * : hey, I dialed in but I'm not the owner and the admin is out, did anyone else setup a call for this meeting?
This reminds me of a weird bug that I had on a webex - me and the client logged in at exactly the same time I guess and instead of recognizing us as two different people it merged us into one (under his name) but gave his client all the admin permissions of the call and treated me as a normal viewer. So I couldn't do poo poo to control the meeting. We both had to leave and come back

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

11) The company decided to give free soda to everyone. But you could only get three in a day, so they gave everyone free cards for their free soda. Everyone started hoarding soda in their cubes cause 'if they only give me three I'm going to get my three'. So they eventually stopped the 'three a day' and went unlimited, which caused people to go crazy and grab 5-6 at a time to carry. The machines would be filled in the morning (like 4 per floor) and be empty by 10am. The program was cancelled shortly thereafter. Leading to all the hoarders being smug assholes for a bit while they dranks their room temperature diet coke.

ive never heard of this being successful at any company but also who the gently caress drinks three sodas a day

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

ive never heard of this being successful at any company but also who the gently caress drinks three sodas a day

I'm gonna make up my pay deficit in soda consumption

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 8, 2016

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cat Face Joe posted:

depends on the soda

i could put away a six pack of sparkling water or probably la croix in a day no sweat

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cat Face Joe posted:

we have free cans of soda in the fridge in the break room and it seems to work ok? about 350 people in the office combine to drink probably 50 cans or so per day total. if they started rationing and giving tickets i imagine people would end up drinking more

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
when i do go to the office the real tragedy of the commons isn't the full cans of la croix, it's the limited recycle bucket space for empties and nobody crushes cans or knows where to empty the thing

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

when i do go to the office the real tragedy of the commons isn't the full cans of la croix, it's the limited recycle bucket space for empties and nobody crushes cans or knows where to empty the thing

*loudly stomps on can in the middle of the office, partially-crushed can flies onto someone's desk*

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
someone at one of our divisions, someone i've worked with a lot before, sent a couple of questions out to an email chain that a PM had started.

naturally, this turned into a small clusterfuck as a few people started answering her, or asking me for the answer and then translating it badly into email. after a bit, she gave up and called me and we hashed it out quickly and easily.

afterwards she was kind enough to do an email back to the whole group (including PMs, managers, directors, etc) saying "Nevermind, I got what I needed. I should have called <Iridium> directly in the first place."

and i'm all

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Cat Face Joe posted:

one company i worked for had a free dr pepper machine and it was used responsibly

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

was it just dr pepper themed or you could literally only purchase dr pepper from it

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Mad Wack posted:

one company i worked for had a free dr pepper machine and it was used responsibly

yeah we have free soda fountains for the IT department, mostly as a vehicle for getting diet mountain dew to the development team.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Companies that do not offer free caffeine do not deserve anyone itf as employees

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

lolin at the thought of working with so many manchildren that free soda is mandatory

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

keyboard vomit posted:

lolin at the thought of working with so many manchildren that free soda is mandatory

the devs dont make it mandatory, the need to keep them going through late hours makes it a worthwhile business expense.

i typed this half in jest, but...

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
people get really surly when you take away free coffee

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

maniacdevnull posted:

Companies that do not offer free caffeine do not deserve anyone itf as employees

i found out what the total spend on just beans for one calendar year was for my work office which at the time had 850-1000 people in it. take a guess.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

A lot I bet

Then you consider where that coffee came from and if it's fair trade or not :smith:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i found out what the total spend on just beans for one calendar year was for my work office which at the time had 850-1000 people in it. take a guess.

thinkin bout those beans

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Syncopated posted:

thinkin bout those beans

i mean all the time, morning, day, night, afternoon, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans, beans.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

power botton posted:

was it just dr pepper themed or you could literally only purchase dr pepper from it

it was only dr pepper, a dr pepper machine, and every button was dr pepper - totally free cans of dr pepper, no diet poo poo either, just the pep

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

power botton posted:

did you work for dr pepper

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Iridium posted:

someone at one of our divisions, someone i've worked with a lot before, sent a couple of questions out to an email chain that a PM had started.

naturally, this turned into a small clusterfuck as a few people started answering her, or asking me for the answer and then translating it badly into email. after a bit, she gave up and called me and we hashed it out quickly and easily.

afterwards she was kind enough to do an email back to the whole group (including PMs, managers, directors, etc) saying "Nevermind, I got what I needed. I should have called <Iridium> directly in the first place."

and i'm all

have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

ArmZ posted:

have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?

I... no.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

did you work for dr pepper

nah man they were just some FIENDS for the pep, it was insane

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

thinkin bout those peps

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

KoRMaK posted:

Black hole sun and while my guitar gently weeps sound pretty similiar too. The westworld version of black hole sun,. that is

i would gladly make both my phone ringtone for my desk and skype for business for office

while my tp gently beeps

KoRMaK posted:

This reminds me of a weird bug that I had on a webex - me and the client logged in at exactly the same time I guess and instead of recognizing us as two different people it merged us into one (under his name) but gave his client all the admin permissions of the call and treated me as a normal viewer. So I couldn't do poo poo to control the meeting. We both had to leave and come back

ciscos noted voyager episode tuvixs

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

T H O S E
    NT             BE
  OU                 AN
 C                     S

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i look at you all
see the VP thats sleeping
while my tp gently beeps

i look at the screens
and i see they need tweaking
while my tp gently beeps

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Agile Vector posted:

i look at you all
see the VP thats sleeping
while my tp gently beeps

i look at the screens
and i see they need tweaking
while my tp gently beeps

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
today i was interviewing a guy with tourettes (like a physical facial tick) and my boss had accidentally pointed the webcam at his crotch and forgotten about it. i just couldn't stop laughing at the crotch shot and i hope tourettes dude didn't think i was laughing at his tourettes.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it was $300k on the dot. Raising the productivity of basically the entire office for the cost of one employee. Not a bad deal imo.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

we have one of those beam things except it's mostly used to gently caress with people in our office and it's little more than an ipad on a stand with some wheels

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
so basically only the same thing in principle

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

We're such cheap fucks we charge for the poo poo in office coffee. want the bean water? fifty cents. pay up

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Bloody posted:

We're such cheap fucks we charge for the poo poo in office coffee. want the bean water? fifty cents. pay up

time to just drink tea

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the water fountain is free what more do you need?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Bloody posted:

my first company had some offices with honesty jars for the coffee and some with free coffee due to acquisitions over the years

it was pretty lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
all office poo poo is dumb expensive

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

uncurable mlady posted:

all office poo poo is dumb expensive

someone call radium, the signature showed up but the post content must have vanished...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

maniacdevnull posted:

someone call radium, the signature showed up but the post content must have vanished...

he's been purgatorybanned

• Locked thread