Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Luigi Thirty posted:

He's on record that he wants to replace all his workers with robots because the minimum wage is too high

The future is going to be an awesome CYOA for the developed world.

Page 2020: it's now cheaper to build robots than pay a living wage for many jobs.

To let the poors starve, turn to the next page
To strengthen the social safety net, turn to--

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

is there a thread about washing machines on sa

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

The Muppets On PCP posted:

and now i found out subway hasn't had their sub club program in over a decade

I don't understand how subway continues to exist.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

what's not to get about "people like sandwiches"

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

i dont know why but any time the office has 45 minutes for lunch its always "ah yeah lets just grab subway"

folks there's a firehouse subs not far away, cmon now

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

it's not terrible tbf

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

boy are my arms tired posted:

i dont know why but any time the office has 45 minutes for lunch its always "ah yeah lets just grab subway"

folks there's a firehouse subs not far away, cmon now
firehouse subs is like more expensive subway with worse menu, imo

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

It makes me legit sick every time

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

the only thing i liked in firehouse subs over a generic subway was the fancy pants soda machine where you could chose between literally a hundred different coca-cola company drinks, also unlimited free refills

It makes me legit sick every time
schedule an appointment to your gp

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I don't think a GP can address terrible terrible bread.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

kinda but that's not the issue here, you have a serious health problem if subway bread legitimately makes you ill on a consistent basis

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Luigi Thirty posted:

He's on record that he wants to replace all his workers with robots because the minimum wage is too high

Good didn't want Trump going soft on us in assembling the Legion of Doom to run 1/3 of the federal government.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Good didn't want Trump going soft on us in assembling the Legion of Doom to run 1/3 of the federal government.

lol he gets to name at least one SC judge

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
just reminding myself of that, not really making a point

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

that will be *exploding meme generator noise* albert einstein

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

sweet jesus every cabinet pick is a punchline

we're so hosed

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Justice Cobra Commander

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

kinda but that's not the issue here, you have a serious health problem if subway bread legitimately makes you ill on a consistent basis
It may not anymore, haven't had it since their revolutionary position to try and use real bread in 2014.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

in other news, ive been reflecting on my coffee consumption since moving to sweden, and i cant help but be flattered recalling my dorm neighbour back in latvia, would drink up to a gallon of instant coffee on a daily basis, and was not shy of energy drinks for study crunch time either

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

that will be *exploding meme generator noise* albert einstein

scientist: you pushed the meme machine too hard! it's blown it's inhibitors!

meme machine: *sputtering and flashing and rocking out of the room* HARAMBE WOW SO BOI

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Rhesus Pieces posted:

sweet jesus every cabinet pick is a punchline

we're so hosed

yeah losing the election really sucked, actually

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

in other news, ive been reflecting on my coffee consumption since moving to sweden, and i cant help but be flattered recalling my dorm neighbour back in latvia, would drink up to a gallon of instant coffee on a daily basis, and was not shy of energy drinks for study crunch time either

Will you gay marry me so I can get an eu passport before the trumpenreich

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tiler Kiwi posted:

yeah losing the election really sucked, actually

On the bright side it lit a fire under my rear end to be the best night crew chemist site has.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

yes bomb makers will be in high demand

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

Will you gay marry me so I can get an eu passport before the trumpenreich
only if you propose to me with a program written for a 40 year old computer

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

yeah there are supposed to be noise makers to scare them off from the landing

kate beaton made a comic about her time working in the minerals industry that uses this as a theme

http://beatonna.tumblr.com/post/81993262830/here-is-a-sketch-comic-i-made-called-ducks-in

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

it's the cheapest franchise license in nationwide fast casual. you don't have to be rich to open a subway, the franchise fee is $15k and you can open a subway for about the same price as buying a luxury car. jimmy johns is twice as expensive and a new mcdonalds costs like a million bucks to open with a $45k franchise fee

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

boner confessor posted:

it's the cheapest franchise license in nationwide fast casual. you don't have to be rich to open a subway, the franchise fee is $15k and you can open a subway for about the same price as buying a luxury car. jimmy johns is twice as expensive and a new mcdonalds costs like a million bucks to open with a $45k franchise fee

They're also the easiest to operate.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1d1S58P0nc

merry christmas

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Shame taco bells are not as easy to open as subways

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shame taco bells are not as easy to open as subways

taco bell is as expensive as mcdonalds lol

"prestige" fast food brands

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

syrian family: hey belgium, can we come over? we qualify for a humanitarian visa, we have friends who'll vouch for us financially in belgium as well
theo francken, noted fascist and secretary for immigration: nah
belgian courts: uh, let them in or you (the state) will have to pay a fine of €4000 a day
ol' theo: i think ill just appeal and hope they'll die during the process
belgian higher courts: let them in, imo
theo: i lust for muslim death and also this is my face:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

vb, as a common working man with a presumably blue collar and a predilection for gas station road kill burgers washed down with a mixture of mountain dew code red, malt liquor and codeine, what changes would you suggest to the democrats approach

They need to become more populist. I think they define themselves based on a handful of policies that just don't inspire people to come out and vote, and even when it comes to those policies, they define their stance simply as opposition to Republicans. As an example, which issue affects women more? The less than 1 million women a year who want an abortion having to drive 5 hours to go get one, or every single woman in this country getting paid less than their male counterparts every week? Why would you choose the former as your cross to die on without saying a word about the latter?

The only reason why is because of politics and polls and a bunch of stupid poo poo justifications people are fed up with. Nobody gives a gently caress if you "won" an argument if you didn't achieve anything. I think we need to abandon the Obama style democratic party platform and start getting out people who can inspire people to vote by bucking the democratic establishment. Trump type figures minus the dumb bullshit racism and narcissism. People who can convince the country that they can accomplish big ambitious things. It's going to be harder to do since Obama poisoned the well of liberal populism, but it's the best way forward for the country imo. I think Bernie sort of trailblazed the path, but he's unbelievably weak in multiple regards as a populist candidate. We can do much better.

That said, Trump might drive people out to vote against the Republicans in the midterms which might unfuck a lot of the gerrymandering, so the Dems might see some major gains through no effort of their own, but they still got exposed really badly and poo poo needs to change before it happens again.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

R. Mute posted:

syrian family: hey belgium, can we come over? we qualify for a humanitarian visa, we have friends who'll vouch for us financially in belgium as well
theo francken, noted fascist and secretary for immigration: nah
belgian courts: uh, let them in or you (the state) will have to pay a fine of €4000 a day
ol' theo: i think ill just appeal and hope they'll die during the process
belgian higher courts: let them in, imo
theo: i lust for muslim death and also this is my face:

Who does the state pay a fine to

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

the syrian family, supposedly

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Volkerball posted:

They need to become more populist. I think they define themselves based on a handful of policies that just don't inspire people to come out and vote, and even when it comes to those policies, they define their stance simply as opposition to Republicans. As an example, which issue affects women more? The less than 1 million women a year who want an abortion having to drive 5 hours to go get one, or every single woman in this country getting paid less than their male counterparts every week? Why would you choose the former as your cross to die on without saying a word about the latter?

The only reason why is because of politics and polls and a bunch of stupid poo poo justifications people are fed up with. Nobody gives a gently caress if you "won" an argument if you didn't achieve anything. I think we need to abandon the Obama style democratic party platform and start getting out people who can inspire people to vote by bucking the democratic establishment. Trump type figures minus the dumb bullshit racism and narcissism. People who can convince the country that they can accomplish big ambitious things. It's going to be harder to do since Obama poisoned the well of liberal populism, but it's the best way forward for the country imo. I think Bernie sort of trailblazed the path, but he's unbelievably weak in multiple regards as a populist candidate. We can do much better.

That said, Trump might drive people out to vote against the Republicans in the midterms which might unfuck a lot of the gerrymandering, so the Dems might see some major gains through no effort of their own, but they still got exposed really badly and poo poo needs to change before it happens again.

2018 already favored Republicans, so even if we do way better than projected, the Republicans still end up stronger than they will be after this past election. Not that we shouldn't try to mitigate that as much as possible, but 2016 was when we were supposed to rack up seats to weather the 2018 storm. Also regarding the initial examples of womens issues, the womens pay issue came up way more often in Hillary in the DNC's media, and abortion was comparatively untouched.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 8, 2016

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

boner confessor posted:

"prestige" fast food brands

but enough about arbys

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Is Fuddruckers still around? Maybe Trump can get them and the Costco folks in his cabinet too and we can complete the idiocracy comparisons.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

I think the worst thing are the meats. Like everything is at least 25% Turkey byproduct. Even the roast beef

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
For Dept of Health I nominate Joe Camel

• Locked thread