Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's trying to shoosh him with a hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I like how the colorist completely hosed up coloring in that Kirby Beam™

Also love how Pete just casually drops that he has super powers once he realizes this dude is from outer space :allears:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

just you wait spider-man (lol gj with the secret identity there pal), ronan will go back to his ship and get his universal flyswatter and then we'll see who has the last laugh

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Begemot posted:

I like how the colorist completely hosed up coloring in that Kirby Beam™

Also love how Pete just casually drops that he has super powers once he realizes this dude is from outer space :allears:

Oh, it's meant to be shooting an energy beam? I just assumed the 'universal weapon' was just hitting him with a hammer.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Angry Salami posted:

Oh, it's meant to be shooting an energy beam? I just assumed the 'universal weapon' was just hitting him with a hammer.

It's a reasonable way to deal with spiders imo. Pretty lucky he doesn't have a giant shoe or really big rolled-up newspaper.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

At least Peter's shirt stayed the same color.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

So he's both potentially revealing his secret identity and conveniently revealing to Ronan the details of the power he used to evade his attack.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I hope Peter never puts on a costume and Ronan flees Earth convinced it is a planet of super-powered spider-warriors and he only got lucky with the Diner Bros.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Has NS-M never once met someone from another planet before until now?

Also, those are some sweet teal jams Peter's wearing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

redbackground posted:

Has NS-M never once met someone from another planet before until now?

Also, those are some sweet teal jams Peter's wearing.

if he has, he forgot about it. his brain doesn't work so good.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if he has, he forgot about it. his brain doesn't work so good.

I would imagine that, what with all the head trauma he's taken over the years.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
ronan appreciates that spiders serve a valuable role in the ecosystem, if anything he'll go get the universal glass jar and universal sheet of paper so that he can safely relocate spider-man outside

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hmm, the inhabitants of this planet call themselves 'spiders'.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Newspaper Spider-Man: An Insignificant Creature to be Crushed

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Soon Ronan will be faced by another human with Spider Strength and senses wearing a funny red suit calling himself Spider-Man while making spider-based battle banter.
He will not make the connection

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Space-Hammer is about to shoot a blast of space energy: Spider-Sense kicks in
Space-Hammer is about to backhand swing into Peter's face: Spider-Sense says gently caress it, Peter can handle this by himself

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

redbackground posted:

Space-Hammer is about to shoot a blast of space energy: Spider-Sense kicks in
Space-Hammer is about to backhand swing into Peter's face: Spider-Sense says gently caress it, Peter can handle this by himself

Spider-sense is blind to blunt objects. This has been extremely consistent in the newspaper universe!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Begemot posted:

Spider-sense is blind to blunt objects. This has been extremely consistent in the newspaper universe!

This is an excellent point.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A hammer is just a brick with a handle

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I love Peter Planker in the second panel.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I love Peter Planker in the second panel.

He has the proportional core strength of a spider, you know.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So like is his Translatatron also translating his dialogue back? And why is it giving him definitions? Does that mean it's giving him definitions for every word or does he have like a working grasp of English but needs certain words defined? I demand logic from this comic strip.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

So like is his Translatatron also translating his dialogue back? And why is it giving him definitions? Does that mean it's giving him definitions for every word or does he have like a working grasp of English but needs certain words defined? I demand logic from this comic strip.

Logic has stood accused for far too long. Ronan has dealt with it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Synthbuttrange posted:

A hammer is just a brick with a handle

Mods? New thread title, please? :)

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

That stiff and awkward hammer swing tho.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SpiritOfLenin posted:

That stiff and awkward hammer swing tho.

Stiff and awkward, I'll show him stiff and awkward

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Well someone got sick of drawing a diner background.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I love how Ronan just accepts whatever happens. "Why the hell is this guy trying?"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

peter nonchalantly putting on his webshooter in the first panel cracks me up and I don't know why

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Aren't there still people at that diner?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the elderly couple ran screaming into the desert and they will never stop

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sarge and his cop buddy got hammered and are currently sleeping it off on the floor of the diner

one of them will probably wake up at an inconvenient time for spider-man innocuous vacationer peter parker

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Man, it's a good thing Pete had his web shooters in his... pockets?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I love how Ronan just accepts whatever happens. "Why the hell is this guy trying?"

Ronan: ....fwip? I accuse Peter Parker of Earth of the crime of.... being lame!
Flash Thompson: We find the accused guilty! :haw:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm so glad I read this thread.

Newspaper Spider-Man is a goddamn treasure.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This may in fact be Newspaper Spider-Man's lamest battle yet.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Something about Pete in that first panel killed me with his "gently caress me I guess I'm fighting this guy" expression

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

ghosthorse I like where your mind's at and raise you

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Y'know, Peter, small town diners can get robbed. It's a thing that happens, and many of them take precautions against that.

Like security cameras, put your goddamn costume on :psyduck:

• Locked thread