Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

mormonpartyboat posted:

"gimme a coke"
"what kind of coke do you want"
"do you have sprite?"

Is pepsi ok?

*screams n shoots open-carried assault rifle into the floor*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SocketWrench posted:

Again, I ask, why is the first response always death threats?

the nail that sticks out....

gets hammered down.

namaste

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SocketWrench posted:

God dammit. Craziness aside, why is the first response from these nutters always a death threat?

Because there are no consequences. These are people that grew up being beaten by their parents and sometimes their teachers. They don't know how to act when there isn't an authority figure around to scold them and they go balls out with full death threats.

As much as I loathe he idea of removing anonymity from the Internet, I'm not sure what else would curb the behavior. Societal norms being counter to their actions isn't working and the Internet has given them a hugbox for their fascist ideas.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

mormonpartyboat posted:

"gimme a coke"
"do you have sprite?"

the_south.txt

gregday
May 23, 2003

I thought you guys were just making "ha ha fast food ceo" Idiocracy jokes but he actually does run Carl's Jr.

Holy loving what the goddamn what

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

comingafteryouall posted:

“He’s a bit eccentric,” Mr. Welch said.

Understatement of the year. The guy's a goddamned loon. Wouldn't surprise me if he was bi-polar as hell

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

anyone wringing their hands about "unprecedented" corruption in the trump WH should read the clothes have no emperor

it's very precedented

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

crazy cloud posted:

lol fair enough

on the topic of ppl dyin tho rip noted cool-rear end dude greg fuckin lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_AN74BKlQ

didnt he die during the bush admin?

maybe im thinkin of some other singer for crimson but yesterday ida bett all my money he was already dead

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

didnt he die during the bush admin?

I acknowledge that time is a fictional construct but he actually died last night, thanks Obama

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

rear end cobra posted:

What's Carl's Jr. like? I've never been because it looks like worse McDonald's than McDonald's

its hardees on the west coast

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

crazy cloud posted:

I acknowledge that time is a fictional construct but he actually died last night, thanks Obama

i was listening to in the wake of poseidon a few days ago and missed him
lol idkwtf

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

carl's jr has saved my gringo rear end in mexico more than once

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

Because there are no consequences. These are people that grew up being beaten by their parents and sometimes their teachers. They don't know how to act when there isn't an authority figure around to scold them and they go balls out with full death threats.

As much as I loathe he idea of removing anonymity from the Internet, I'm not sure what else would curb the behavior. Societal norms being counter to their actions isn't working and the Internet has given them a hugbox for their fascist ideas.

I too agree Trump supporters have grown up in a diseased culture, and us enlightened posters on Something Awful are simply healthier than them

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The wall isn't for keeping Mexicans out, it's for keeping the US in

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

cola is Spanish for crotch. Welp see ya later *peels out in Segway*

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/806891924187729920

If it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face government.

Jesus Christ
Yes, good pick, guy that runs a market that basically shits all over labor. Perfect pick...loving hell.
"You will eat at McDonald's"
Nah, don't feel hungry
"Let me rephrase that, you WILL *cocks a Luger and pushes it to your temple* eat at McDonald's....NOW!"

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

unironically this

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain

quote:

The following day, President Warren Harding threatened to send in federal troops and Army Martin MB-1 bombers. After a long meeting in the town of Madison, the seat of Boone County, agreements were made convincing the miners to return home. However, the struggle was far from over. After spending days to assemble his private army, Chafin was not going to be denied his battle to end union attempts at organizing Logan County coal mines. Within hours of the Madison decision, rumors abounded that Sheriff Chafin's men had shot union sympathizers in the town of Sharples, West Virginia, just north of Blair Mountain—and that families had been caught in crossfire during the skirmishes. Infuriated, the miners turned back towards Blair Mountain, many traveling in other stolen and commandeered trains.

By August 29, battle was fully joined. Chafin's men, though outnumbered, had the advantage of higher positions and better weaponry. Private planes were hired to drop homemade bombs on the miners. A combination of gas and explosive bombs left over from World War I were dropped in several locations near the towns of Jeffery, Sharples and Blair. At least one did not explode and was recovered by the miners; it was used months later to great effect during treason and murder trials following the battle. On orders from General Billy Mitchell, Army bombers from Maryland were also used for aerial surveillance. One Martin bomber crashed on the return flight, killing the three members of the crew.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

Lol what

Who's pro for profit ed

People who work in the industry.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

triple sulk posted:

maybe trump's plan to make america great again is by starving all the poor rural white people who voted him into office to death

trumps secret plan to make america great again: bring back serfdom, bigly

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fallen Hamprince posted:

trumps secret plan to make america great again: bring back serfdom, bigly
that's pretty much what they did with the gilded age and it ended in the great depression

the 100 year cycle is real

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i got the day off so im streaming some cosmology of kyoto

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al! posted:

tfw you try to sit at the cool kid table

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Der Meister posted:

cola is Spanish for crotch. Welp see ya later *peels out in Segway*

this is in line with my purchase of a can of jack and coke at walmart in manzanillo

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Atrocious Joe posted:

Lol what

Who's pro for profit ed

Trump's Secretary of Education

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
have any trump visitors started using the stairs to avoid the elevator cams

does trump tower even have non-emergency stairs

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

woot day off

i had an appointment so i stopped by to pick up beer, im coming to check this out now~

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ymgve posted:

have any trump visitors started using the stairs to avoid the elevator cams

does trump tower even have non-emergency stairs

Probably not, actually. As someone who worked in an office building in New York, the only stairs are emergency stairs.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Iron Crowned posted:

That's how he'll get them to pay for it, he'll turn America into a festering hellhole of psychotic loons that make the cartels look like kids playing with popguns and Mexico will build the damned thing just t keep us out

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/806913246456381440

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

"gimme a coke"
"do you have sprite?"

Barbaric

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SocketWrench posted:

That's how he'll get them to pay for it, he'll turn America into a festering hellhole of psychotic loons that make the cartels look like kids playing with popguns and Mexico will build the damned thing just t keep us out

Yeah, we're basically going to be Mordor

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I'm starting to wonder if constantly reading all these ultra negative statements are feeding my constant anxiety.

Then again, they're all 100% accurate so it's right to be this anxious.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Global Warming really does need to be sold to Republicans as a jobs and global competitiveness issue. We're at the point where green tech is competitive with old fashioned energy and someone is going to be the world leader in the production of alternative energy, better us than the Chinese.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

SocketWrench posted:

that wall will be of little use when we pass the Maximum Second Amendment and let private people buy and use tanks, howitzers, and MRBM's.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Covok posted:

I'm starting to wonder if constantly reading all these ultra negative statements are feeding my constant anxiety.

you could at the very least donate to civic pacs like the DSA and orgs like the ACLU if you don't have the wherewithal or time to actually promote social democracy

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Covok posted:

Being right probably isn't worth feeling constant anxiety imho

Pook Good Mook posted:

Global Warming really does need to be sold to Republicans as a jobs and global competitiveness issue. We're at the point where green tech is competitive with old fashioned energy and someone is going to be the world leader in the production of alternative energy, better us than the Chinese.

Gonna be weird when the US has to steal tech from China

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

if there is one trick to get Trump to listen, it's to get celebrities saying the poo poo to him, honestly

also the one thing I forgot about with Linda become Small Business Director or whatever the gently caress is that the McMahons took over his dad's business and got big by just putting small promotions out of business, so good pick

CortezFantastic fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 8, 2016

• Locked thread