Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

His weakness is that he's part of Killer Queen, who does have weaknesses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
I can't wait for Josuke's rage face and for anime onlys to think Okuyasu is legit dead for a week.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I don't want to watch oku die

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
To be fair he was only dead for a little while until he decided he didn't want to be dead anymore.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Less than a day remains until trigonometry, DORARARARA, this fucker just said it and dead homies.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aquasnake posted:

Aw man, I haven't had much going on the past few days, so I lost track of what day it was and thought you meant tomorrow as in "The day starting in a few hours" not "The day starting in a few hours... Plus a day" And now I'm disappointed.
sorry I wrote that at like 4am after I just turned in a term paper, I'm very excited about JoJo

if it makes you feel any better, I 100% woke up yesterday and checked the Warner Bros anime youtube thinking it was Thursday

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moltrey posted:

yeah Diego can like go between dinosaur and normal boy now. It's just when he's going dino that he can only see motion

This is the craziest read order I've ever seen, but hell I'm glad it worked, what up my dude

SBR is probably my favorite part even if it suffers a little from 'manga artist draw and write non white characters'. Gyro's grill is awesome

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I'unno, Pocoloco is kind of the best.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No yeah he rules but my brain keeps correcting his name to Piccolo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best thing about Pocoloco is that Hey Ya! has no powers at all and just gives him encouragement.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey Ya! seems to have perception of some kind though? Like in the first few chapters where he tells Pocoloco to swerve to spring board off the tree without actually letting him know why to turn left

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJoveller straight up says it's just encouragement, has no actual powers. So basically, it's telling Pocoloco to go ahead and do what he's thinking of doing because it'll work out.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah there's an art book that finally named a lot of the Stands and the blurb for Hey Ya! was that it doesn't really do anything other than give Pocoloco the encouragement to go with his gut.

Pocoloco is very powerful

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

JoJoveller straight up says it's just encouragement, has no actual powers. So basically, it's telling Pocoloco to go ahead and do what he's thinking of doing because it'll work out.

lol that is way better than precognition

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wish he'd shown up more often, even if it's just odd panels of him just evading being decapitated by something or being shot in the head by stray bullets or whatever.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
If anyone wants to read those design notes about Stands, all except some of the late Part 8 ones that hadn't been introduced yet are here.. They're not at all as revelatoray as Hey Ya, some are just "I watched Total Recall and thought the guy with a face on his tummy was cool so I made a Stand like that" which is also very cool

Pretty sure the wiki just c/p'd Daxing Dan's translation of JoJoveller and put em in an easy table format too

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there a lot of rap/r&b stands? I'm assuming He Yah! Is named for Outkast's song. I can only think of Vanilla Ice and maybe Funny Valentine

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

If anyone wants to read those design notes about Stands, all except some of the late Part 8 ones that hadn't been introduced yet are here.. They're not at all as revelatoray as Hey Ya, some are just "I watched Total Recall and thought the guy with a face on his tummy was cool so I made a Stand like that" which is also very cool

Pretty sure the wiki just c/p'd Daxing Dan's translation of JoJoveller and put em in an easy table format too

Wouldn't surprise me if they just decided to change half of the translations because the curator of the wiki didn't like it. The wiki is trash as a whole.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

frank.club posted:

Are there a lot of rap/r&b stands? I'm assuming He Yah! Is named for Outkast's song. I can only think of Vanilla Ice and maybe Funny Valentine

Notorious BIG?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

frank.club posted:

Funny Valentine is a reference to the Jazz standard.

The Boom Boom family are all named after Andre 3000, and their Stand is Tomb of the Bomb.

The orangutan from SDC was retroactively named Wu Tang Forever.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

Funny Valentine is a reference to the Jazz standard.

The Boom Boom family are all named after Andre 3000, and their Stand is Tomb of the Bomb.

The orangutan from SDC was retroactively named Wu Tang Forever.

Lmfao I love JoJo so much

Super fly is an r&b track

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

frank.club posted:

Notorious B.I.G and Coco Jumbo from Part 5. The monkey from Part 3 was named Forever after the Wu Tang album

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
You're all also forgetting Boyz II Men in Part 4

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have not read part 5 at all, I was told 7 is the longest so I'll read that after I get done with 7.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd class any Prince reference as under the R&B umbrella, so your boy Soft & Wet and your buddy Gold Experience.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

And your queen, Paisley Park, of course.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

frank.club posted:

I have not read part 5 at all, I was told 7 is the longest so I'll read that after I get done with 7.
gotcha, take your time with Part 7 tho. Part 5 still has the most busted rear end translation possible, but it's like three or four volumes away from being fully re-translated

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moltrey posted:

gotcha, take your time with Part 7 tho. Part 5 still has the most busted rear end translation possible, but it's like three or four volumes away from being fully re-translated

That's why I avoided it, I've seen panels and it looks really sweet but if there's a better translation coming then I can wait.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Wait what the gently caress
:science:

FirstAidKite posted:

I'd always been taught that in space, the issue is that you can't get rid of the heat so your body would become overheated from retaining so much heat.
That's when you have something that's absorbing or producing power, like a spacecraft, or you aren't exposed and losing heat from water evaporating because you're wearing a suit. You overheat because you don't have anything around you to carry heat away, but in the case of an exposed person, it's the water that boils away due to low pressure that carries heat away.

If Kars needs water in his body to survive then he should just be dead anyway, because it can only be ice or gas in a vacuum, but the torment of being a God adrift is too poetic.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Angry_Ed posted:

You're all also forgetting Boyz II Men in Part 4

There's an unseen racer in SBR named Kanye

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They probably just put rusty horse shoes on it and called them yeezys

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I'd class any Prince reference as under the R&B umbrella,

Eat your breakfast, Koichi.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They probably just put rusty horse shoes on it and called them yeezys

Dude but there's so many stands you could do; My Dark Twisted Fantasy, runaway, all of the lights-

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
alright im gonna start reading again. i stopped at part 4, and now that part 4 is nearly done i gotta read the next one

eonwe fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 9, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Still waiting on a Daft Punk song. Kraftwerk was cool but it just isn't enough

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Omg Gyro would be so good at beer pong

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
For totally unbiased opinions, I really wanna see a stand/stand user named Heartbreaker someday.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://jojo-animation.com/story/37.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

For totally unbiased opinions, I really wanna see a stand/stand user named Heartbreaker someday.

There was a moment where a guy in a
Canada jacket could've been hit by the arrow but we didn't get a Rush stand in that moment