Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kalas posted:

Compensation in American games is a joke. In JP they lavish it in the players anytime there is a mistake.

'Oh, a rare unit didn't have the right odds? Here's ALL the gems you spent on that banner back.'

Puzzle and Dragons did this for the global server once years ago. A Godfest was supposed to start but apparently didn't and IIRC the game said the godfest was live as well, so people pulled but at normal non-godfest rates. It was fixed within minutes but every pull from that timeframe was refunded and people got to keep whatever they'd pulled in that time.

The US doesn't have much-needed gaming laws like in Japan and elsewhere, but I'm pretty sure the existing laws for things like false advertising and fraud would still apply in cases where a company claims things like "rates greatly increased for X!" and it turns out that the rates weren't increased, or were barely increased from 0.001% to 0.0011% or whatever.

KataraniSword posted:

I missed this before but isn't that technically what Trust Mastery was intended as? They only added the "10% chance of .1%" and trust moogles later, as some sort of bullied concession.

TMRs that rely solely on fusing dupe units could've gotten their game pulled from the Japanese market, I'm pretty sure the 10% chance for 0.1% always existed in Japan or it was added right near the start.

KataraniSword posted:

If Brave Frontier taught me anything, it's that Gumi may be a subsidiary of alim

You have it backwards. Alim is owned by Gumi (and others, IIRC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
If you keep waiting to pull what's the point in playing

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Because they're both only a few banners out from Orlando's? If you don't know how to be patient and think rationally about your options, then you're exactly the type of clientele gumi wants playing their games.

I mean sure, if you just keep saving resources, you'll never end up doing anything. But there's a big difference between hey Orlando's great, let's see if I can get him on dailies, and oh my God Orlando gonna throw all of my resources and be absolutely hosed if I don't get him at all.

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 8, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Tipme posted:

If you keep pulling Cyans and Bediles what's the point in playing?

There's, if nothing else, incentive to hoard until we know whether or not BE will change the gacha like it did in JP so that rainbow crystals are always Base-5* units/gold crystals are always Base-4*. If that never happens, then that's right, there's no reason to pull now or ever since it'll always be trash.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Tipme posted:

If you're just running macros 24/7, what's the point in playing?

You gotta play the way you find entertaining, I guess.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
Imo, always pull daily, save tickets for good banners, and 11 pull if you do the previous things and haven't gotten everything you want by the final day of the banner.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mrit SA posted:

Imo, always pull daily, save tickets for good banners, and 11 pull if you do the previous things and haven't gotten everything you want by the final day of the banner.

weep brokenly when you still have no base-5s.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
my first rainbow was golbez :negative:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

MohShuvuu posted:

my first rainbow was golbez :negative:

At least it wasn't Rakshaka.

I can't wait until they bump Bedile to 5* just to gently caress with Rainbow Crystals.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Shark Tower posted:

Because they're both only a few banners out from Orlando's? If you don't know how to be patient and think rationally about your options, then you're exactly the type of clientele gumi wants playing their games.

I mean sure, if you just keep saving resources, you'll never end up doing anything. But there's a big difference between hey Orlando's great, let's see if I can get him on dailies, and oh my God Orlando gonna throw all of my resources and be absolutely hosed if I don't get him at all.

Completely agreed, especially since Agrias is already announced to be getting a 6* that turns her into a mini version of him.

It's a big fat whale trap.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

KataraniSword posted:

weep brokenly when you still have no base-5s.

I have gotten one rainbow so far.
It was Amarant.
:(

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I've been playing since July and I only got my first 4* base character during the FF3 banner on a daily pull. It was a Rosa :negative:

If it wasn't for Maxwell she'd be my only character that is 4*+ base. I've never seen a rainbow crystal either.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
drat, now THAT is some incredibly poo poo luck. I would burn my phone and get a new one just in case.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Scrublord Prime posted:

I've been playing since July and I only got my first 4* base character during the FF3 banner on a daily pull. It was a Rosa :negative:

If it wasn't for Maxwell she'd be my only character that is 4*+ base. I've never seen a rainbow crystal either.

Holy crap, at least I have nearly every 4 star base that I could want. Agrias/Refia are my friends.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
drat, I thought I was in bad shape with no 5* bases and my only 4* bases being Gaff, Chiz, Agrias, and Rosa. That's some poo poo luck dude.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

m.hache posted:

At least it wasn't Rakshaka.

I can't wait until they bump Bedile to 5* just to gently caress with Rainbow Crystals.

that was my only 5* pull :saddowns:

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Puzzle and Dragons did this for the global server once years ago. A Godfest was supposed to start but apparently didn't and IIRC the game said the godfest was live as well, so people pulled but at normal non-godfest rates. It was fixed within minutes but every pull from that timeframe was refunded and people got to keep whatever they'd pulled in that time.

I was there for that one, I'm pretty sure I didn't have a pile of stone for that godfest, more's the pity.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

rabidsquid posted:

that was my only 5* pull :saddowns:

May it rain Orlandu's in your future.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
keyword being rain

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
I have not seen a Rainbow once in hundreds of pulls. Statistically I should get Orlandu on my first daily.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
I have had two rainbows in my time, got Demon Rain and than pulled a 5 that was one of the red mage base 3s, not even a useful TM one

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
How does that random generator work for draws, anyway? Does time factor in there anywhere? Every time I've drawn immediately after server reset has been trash. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I was lucky and got a rainbow Elza in my first few days of playing but it artificially inflated my hopes regarding pulls. Haven't seen another one since of course. But I can't complain too much because although I have gotten a bunch of garbage, I have also gotten Exdeath, CoD, Lenna, Faris, Kefka and some others that I don't use like Fartz, Garland, and others in those tiers, not to mention multiples of some. The problem now is since I have my A team the only upgrades for me will be units that are rare and hard to pull...

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
My only 4* base's are Chiz, Refia and WoL (Chiz came in a rainbow, my only one.) No 5* bases either. Wish I'd tried for Agrias, though I guess her 6* news did come after her banner.

So far, I'd say only Refia's been absolutely vital to handling really hard content. Every other role can be filled with 3* bases or friend units.

But yeah, looking like the future's going to be in 4-5*+ units. New 3*'s from now on don't even get 6* forms unless they get upgraded months later.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

How does that random generator work for draws, anyway? Does time factor in there anywhere? Every time I've drawn immediately after server reset has been trash. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

i think time does as pulling at the same time has gotten me the same trash repeatedly

just need to discover the zidane time

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Go update your app for that sweet, sweet Christmas icon!

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Im kind of in the same boat. Only base 4* have been gaffgarion and tilith, who is honestly pretty great. Only seen one 5* and it was a roselia - on the lightning banner no less...

I have been lucky on getting the good banner units through daily pulls - cecil, kefka, exdeath, cod

Should have about 80 pulls to throw at orlando - at the very least I expect some upgrades, and maybe finally a zidane.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Any day now Gumi...

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Any day now Gumi...

Facebook says it got delayed another 4 hours til 9pm eastern

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
riiiip, another four hours, WHAT DID THEY EVEN DO

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

They better throw in a trust moogle at this point. This is ridiculous.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Who would've thought that adding Christmas graphics would DESTROY EVERYTHING

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well that escalated quickly.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

fingers crossed for early free orlandus

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:wtc:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

We'll be lucky if we can ever play again.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Nice! gumi sure has got their poo poo together!

After all this what will be broken when it comes back up? Last time something hosed we had infinitarena. This time.....how about all pulls default to rainbow? :)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

This game. :allears:

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

Chen Kenichi posted:

Nice! gumi sure has got their poo poo together!

After all this what will be broken when it comes back up? Last time something hosed we had infinitarena. This time.....how about all pulls default to rainbow? :)

And they're all 5* Sazh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mr. Swoon posted:

Who would've thought that adding Christmas graphics would DESTROY EVERYTHING

Anyone who played Brave Frontier 2 years ago.

It's Black November all over again. :allears: Can't wait for the game to "come back online" into connection error hell for a week.

• Locked thread