Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It gets a nice tile when you pin it, so I'm not as fussed about that loss as I thought I'd be.

Edit: Is there any way to delete words that you've added to auto-complete? I've managed to add a couple of odd words by accident and really want to be shot of them.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

What's more dead, this thread or Windows Mobile?

CalvinandHobbes
Aug 5, 2004

hard to imagine anything more dead that windows mobile at this point..

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I still use my 640 at the gym so I don't risk dropping my iPhone :v:

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Don't worry guys, it'll all be better after mango, Nokia, Windows Phone 8.0, Windows Phone 8.1, Everyone getting the free upgrade to Windows Mobile 10, UWP, surface phone (that's what everyone is waiting for right). :sadpeanut:

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 4, 2016

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I love my Lumia 950 lol

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That being said, can I reinstall the default camera app? I think something got messed up. Some of the buttons randomly switched around and I got an error just now.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Did you uninstall it? If so and if you can't reinstall it from the app store, you may need to factort reset your phone.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
No, there is no option to uninstall it I could find. I want to reset it.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?
Well this is horribly interesting, I've got two new Lumia 650's and I'm stumped about getting app store accounts for them.

We don't have any MDM so I got by through setting up individual Microsoft accounts to use for downloading apps on the store before, now however that plan is hosed because I get the following "You can’t sign up here with a work or school email address."

Happy loving days Microsoft no longer let's you use business addresses, probably because our domain is registered to our 365 tenant. What the dick am I meant to do? I'd rather not have to mess around making regular ol' Outlook.com addresses and using personal accounts is going to be out of the question.

EDIT: Angry outbursts always help the thinking process, I've actually discovered the Windows Mobile Business store which appears to hook into 365 logins so I can deploy apps that way.

Woo!

Super Slash fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Dec 7, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

This was posted in the Windows 10 thread, and, well, :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlGglbu1U

No mention of how it could apply to phones, but possibly something to keep an eye on?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

This was posted in the Windows 10 thread, and, well, :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlGglbu1U

No mention of how it could apply to phones, but possibly something to keep an eye on?

Windows is platform agnostic, it will run on arm, or x86 without any code changes.
In fact, WP IS windows. Just with a different GUI on top of it.

Edit*

The emulation stuff is awesome though! I knew there were rumors but I am glad to see it in action.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 8, 2016

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I imagine the enterprise market would jump on top of this.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The xbox runs Windows 10 also :P It is an x86 processor though.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Am I mental, or is there no way to clip from Edge to OneNote on mobile? Would that not have been better than a 'reading list'? Man, they really wasted a lot of effort on that third-rate mess of a browser.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Pipski posted:

Man, they really wasted a lot of effort on that third-rate mess of a _______.

No matter how you fill in the blank, you're right.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I picked up a 950 on Swappa for 200$ I miss WP, and at 200$ I can't complain. Hopefully it's nice enough to keep using!

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I'm afraid I betrayed the cause, and picked up a Oneplus 3T. I hope Windows Mobile actually has some developments soon though, it was nice while it lasted.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I still love my Lumia 950.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I've had my 930 a couple of years, and I still love it

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
i only just discovered that the fm radio tuner app disappeared from my 930 when i upgraded to w10. which is unhelpful and annoying. any recommendations for a decent 3rd party substitute? while i clearly didn't use it all that often, having a tuner on me has come in useful a fair few times, and was one of the reasons i opted for a 930 in the first place.

beuges
Jul 4, 2005
fluffy bunny butterfly broomstick
I'm due for an upgrade on my contract in a couple of days. Had my Lumia 930 for 2 years, gonna get me a 950 and leave the 930 in the car as a GPS.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

DarkMalfunction posted:

What's more dead, this thread or Windows Mobile?

Clicked this thread for the first time in 3 months, don't know why I'm still subscribed

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
So far I am loving the 950.

Removable battery? Check
Expandable Storage? Check
Windows hello is pretty neat.
The Snapdragon 808 is still plenty fast.
3 gigs of ram.
Not huge like my Note5.
Still actively updated.

I really dig it.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I've had my 930 a couple of years, and I still love it

Well I broke the screen hours after posting this and cannot find a newer model anywhere. I may have to go android and I really do not want too

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

Clicked this thread for the first time in 3 months, don't know why I'm still subscribed

My switch away from WP/WM was completely conditional, I still don't like Samsung or Apple and have very few other options on AT&T, and on the off-chance anything noteworthy actually happens I want to know about it

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Well I broke the screen hours after posting this and cannot find a newer model anywhere. I may have to go android and I really do not want too

Buy another screen?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Another dead Microsoft Band (2), still under warranty, but the store doesn't carry it anymore so I have to send it in to repair. Grr..

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Flopstick posted:

i only just discovered that the fm radio tuner app disappeared from my 930 when i upgraded to w10. which is unhelpful and annoying. any recommendations for a decent 3rd party substitute? while i clearly didn't use it all that often, having a tuner on me has come in useful a fair few times, and was one of the reasons i opted for a 930 in the first place.

All the ones I looked at were terrible in comparison. I settled with 'Radio FM Phone', which has an atrocious interface but is tolerable since I only care about a few stations and I'm not going to pay for an FM radio app.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

CharlesM posted:

Another dead Microsoft Band (2), still under warranty, but the store doesn't carry it anymore so I have to send it in to repair. Grr..

Before I finally gave up and went back to Fitbit I had to do the same, it was a smooth experience at least. Still miss the Band 2 though :(

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
It seems my 950 is running insider builds because I have a windows tablet that is in the slow ring and that apparently means my account always is running insider builds. How do I make it go back to normal release builds?

Edit: I tried a factory reset and it just resets the current OS version. I figured that would be the case, but I wanted to give it a shot anyway.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
You can change that in Settings - Update & Security - Windows Insider Program. Just click Stop Insider Preview builds and you should be all set. No idea if this affects the tablet as well though, as far as I've noticed it's a per-device setting rather than an account setting.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
On a Lumia 650, are both SIM slots full featured?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

CharlesM posted:

On a Lumia 650, are both SIM slots full featured?

Yes they are, same as my 640XL. You can choose between both for LTE/4G and both have working calls/sms.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop

uvar posted:

All the ones I looked at were terrible in comparison. I settled with 'Radio FM Phone', which has an atrocious interface but is tolerable since I only care about a few stations and I'm not going to pay for an FM radio app.

Nice one, cheers. Yeah, not paying for it either, since it should be stock!

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009
Any recommendations for podcast apps? I've settled on either podcast lounge or Grover pro but if I'm missing a quality choice, let me know.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

wookieepelt posted:

Any recommendations for podcast apps? I've settled on either podcast lounge or Grover pro but if I'm missing a quality choice, let me know.

Pocket casts is my choice

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Podcasts has a Windows 10 version now that syncs your library and timestamp between devices, so it's great if you have Windows 10 on desktop as well - only issue right now is that episodes are registered as songs rather than podcasts so you need to use the in-app forward/back controls rather than on the lock screen, but I'm sure that'll get patched.

Otherwise, Podcast+ Pro remains a favourite.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I had my first encounter with a Windows phone out in the wild.

I was on a date with a girl and she went to show me something on her phone and to my surprise it's a Windows phone.

I asked her what she liked about it and where she brought it. She said her lovely ex gave it to her, but that she liked it well enough.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I sold a fuckton of 520s/530s/535s back in the day, so I see a surprising number of my customers wandering around with them. And a coworker has a 925. My grandma also has the 535 I bought for her still, when they were on sale for $30.