Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it seems self-evident and stupid but the concept of gender roles themselves promote gender roles
if its unfeminine to Please Work Out, average woman can't change a tire because they're Weak, but we kept them that way, so who's to blame

I've been wrestling with a lot of this stuff lately and realized that modern 'masculinity' concepts, like many other identity things, are super performative now
it's not masculine to politically campaign for the person that will make your society safer, its masculine to beat the hell out of anybody making it dangerous
etc etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lol is that ullillilia

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol is that ullillilia
no it is ulillillia

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Stymie posted:

not a fan of modern masculinity where everyone looks like anemic lumberjacks with bad vision

yep

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Stymie posted:

i'm not really a fan of reddit-style masculinity where everyone wants to try and bring back hats and suits and bow ties but i'm also not a fan of modern masculinity where everyone looks like anemic lumberjacks with bad vision

well, the really important thing is that you can feel superior to both

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

it seems self-evident and stupid but the concept of gender roles themselves promote gender roles
if its unfeminine to Please Work Out, average woman can't change a tire because they're Weak, but we kept them that way, so who's to blame

I've been wrestling with a lot of this stuff lately and realized that modern 'masculinity' concepts, like many other identity things, are super performative now
it's not masculine to politically campaign for the person that will make your society safer, its masculine to beat the hell out of anybody making it dangerous
etc etc

A girl I used to work with once asked all of the guys if they'd pump some air into her bike tyres because she'd never done it herself. She's a physician now which can be like 100x more physically demanding than using a bike pump I don't know what the hell.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

etc etc
never stop wrestling, no comfort no allies no camps

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

keyboard vomit posted:

Instead of trying to be manly through buying MANLY MAN things I suggest becoming the prettiest man possible

I made the prettiest hat and its great

yes i do hear that going your own way is popular for some men nowadays

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yes i do hear that going your own way is popular for some men nowadays
i prefer tusk, or the chain

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

:newlol:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaCilzmtBYI

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

the first ep of first season of americans was just so very very good, and they integrate tusk really really well

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/oyKEValt/status/806571479106195456

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Taking this for my av

PleasingFungus posted:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

someone has to explain the hate of comrade paladin to me

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
http://i.imgur.com/j66Oat6.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/ZervK1J.mp4

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PleasingFungus posted:

and now you can feel superior to me, so it all works out in the end

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

this is gonna make creationists so maaaad

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

no it won't. they'll just say "nuh-uh" like they do to everything else

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

fethers

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

mad.radhu posted:

pimpmykeyboard.com does periodic grab bags of misc keys / minor defect keys they have lying around http://pimpmykeyboard.com/grab-bags/

trap sprung etc

$50 lol

thanks though

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

i love fethers so much

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

nah, it'll be those stupid assholes that can't accept feathered dinos for who they are that'll be mad

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
"studies show that carbon dating is only accurate for 30,000 years" or whatever

(ignoring the fact that carbon dating is only used for fairly recent things, radiometric dating of other kinds is used for older stuff)

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
came here to post this link :hellyeah:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i love feathered dinos

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Everytime I look at a sparrow I think "god drat, terrifying"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

So that really is Bryan Cranston

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I bought my mom one of these because she had arthritis and it's very helpful for her :unsmith:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I bought my mom one of these because she had arthritis and it's very helpful for her :unsmith:

what did arthritic alcoholics do before we got to the future that is now?

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 363 days!
they drank beer.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

now i feel guilty for mocking it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jerry Cotton posted:

what did arthritic alcoholics do before we got to the future that is now?

you open the bottle of wine w/ a sword ofc

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
3" drywall screw and the bottle opener bolted to your kitchen cabinet, of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

you open the bottle of wine w/ a sword ofc

i just remembered we also have boxed wine now. what a time to be a liver!

• Locked thread