Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Alain Post posted:

no yes yes no
yes yes no yes
yes NO no yes
no yes yes yes
yes yes yes yes

You are so **FRUMPLY**!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

but do they know memes???

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Moola posted:

but do they know memes???

*Is an Ur-Quan writted by Bioware*

*Our cousins, the Kohr-Ah, would exterminate all other sentient life in order to protect themselves. But we of the Kzer-Za are different. We will do to others as was done us. We will control. What we want, Captain...

... is to build a shield and make the Earthlings pay for it."

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

*Is an Ur-Quan writted by Bioware*

*Our cousins, the Kohr-Ah, would exterminate all other sentient life in order to protect themselves. But we of the Kzer-Za are different. We will do to others as was done us. We will control. What we want, Captain...

... is to build a shield and make the Earthlings pay for it."

:suicide:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I hope that in andromeda they call you captain. Seems wrong to run a ship and not get called captain. Only the quarians got it right

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ainsley McTree posted:

I hope that in andromeda they call you captain. Seems wrong to run a ship and not get called captain. Only the quarians got it right

They are gonna call you Ryder, and there will be at least one joke each about "rough ryder" and "low ryder" spoken by aliens as they wink in the camera's direction.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

They are gonna call you Ryder, and there will be at least one joke each about "rough ryder" and "low ryder" spoken by aliens as they wink in the camera's direction.

I'm gonna go with Ryder making the joke and the alien not getting it.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Ainsley McTree posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyZw_oqk7Q8&t=37s

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
mod edit: some weird fetish fanart

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 8, 2016

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Oh no

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Spacebump posted:

How do I cheat engine those credits?

Here is a video (sightly NWS for the dude desktop background)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1PlYU95V9Q

Basically

1. Get Cheat Engine
2. Start Mass Effect 3
3. Hook Cheat Engine to Mass Effect 3 exe (video will show you which button to push in Cheat Engine)
4. Go to Mass Effect Multiplayer
5. See how many credits you have, search for that value (again, video will give you a good demo on how to do this)
6. Buy something, and scan for the new amount of credits you have
7. Cheat Engine will now have the memory address where how much credits you have is stored locally. You can now change that value freely.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

marktheando posted:

Ah I forgot Worf was in ME2. That's what's missing from Andromeda- shameless Star Trek stunt casting.

Star Trek stunt casting is the best kind of stunt casting.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Hmm...100% of my posts in this thread so far have been about sexy robots. I gotta talk about something else

Look: I didn't like how they handled EDI in ME3, but I also can't think of a reason why all robots shouldn't be sexy by default.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
Should've been a stupid sexy hanar robot instead imo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The geth are sexy male robots so it's only fair that women get representation.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Geth need to put some dam clothes on imo

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i'm sexually attracted to the geth

gethually attracted

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Bongo Bill posted:

Look: I didn't like how they handled EDI in ME3, but I also can't think of a reason why all robots shouldn't be sexy by default.

Yeah, if someone told you to make a robot that could pass for human, are you going to model it after Janet Reno or Heidi Klum? If it's supposed to be inconspicuous, you just put thick glasses & a bad wig on the sexy bot; it's alot harder to make a frumpy bot look hot. Basically sexy robots are easier to customize for a wide range of missions.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Everybody's now aware of creepy Mass Effect fanart, don't post more, thanks.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah, exactly. And don't forget the tactical camel toe. You can always cover that up with pants but ehhhh lets just leave it out for standard use.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

Star Trek stunt casting is the best kind of stunt casting.

There's probably something on nexus for that

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I hope the new robots have massive dongs out at all times

it's realistic

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Work in a Uranus joke and I'm in

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Ainsley McTree posted:

Work in a Uranus joke and I'm in

Hey, if you want me to go to work on Uranus it'll be me that's in, not you.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
EDI jumping between different mechs would have been entertaining. One scene she's in a FENRIR and the next she decides that she wants to be a geth with a flamethrower.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

If you're an engineer, she could be your drone

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Congratulations, these are all better ideas than Bioware managed.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I've been replaying Mass Effect 1, and it's pretty solid. The combat is fine (I'm playing as Vanguard this time around - Mage Supremacy for lyfe!) and the only issue I have is it not registering (only very occasionally) my mouse button presses when I am punching fuckers super close up.

I'm also playing the new DOOM in between bouts of ME1, so that's pretty cool. New DOOM is great, by the way. I liked it MUCH more than Shadow Warrior 2.

I managed to get Ashley killed, and they made it very hard to accidentally shoot Wrex during Virmire - like, everything you say except one ends up with him NOT being killed. I'm playing Paragon, so maybe it's different as a badass Renegade.

The inventory is annoying to move through - it seems they copied that style from the Bethesda Morrowind/Skyrim devs, jesus christ what a clusterfuck trying to sell poo poo off.

Otherwise, it's got some pretty decent gameplay, even these days. I would recommend anyone playing over to NOT skip ME1, because the gameplay still holds up. Maybe put some texture HD mods in there, though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Drifter posted:

I've been replaying Mass Effect 1, and it's pretty solid. The combat is fine (I'm playing as Vanguard this time around - Mage Supremacy for lyfe!) and the only issue I have is it not registering (only very occasionally) my mouse button presses when I am punching fuckers super close up.

I'm also playing the new DOOM in between bouts of ME1, so that's pretty cool. New DOOM is great, by the way. I liked it MUCH more than Shadow Warrior 2.

I managed to get Ashley killed, and they made it very hard to accidentally shoot Wrex during Virmire - like, everything you say except one ends up with him NOT being killed. I'm playing Paragon, so maybe it's different as a badass Renegade.

The inventory is annoying to move through - it seems they copied that style from the Bethesda Morrowind/Skyrim devs, jesus christ what a clusterfuck trying to sell poo poo off.

Otherwise, it's got some pretty decent gameplay, even these days. I would recommend anyone playing over to NOT skip ME1, because the gameplay still holds up. Maybe put some texture HD mods in there, though.

I'm pretty sure the only difficult thing about sparing Wrex is that you just need a lot of paragon or renegade points for it. So if you're not actively trying to maintain one over the other you might not have enough to do it by Virmire.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm pretty sure the only difficult thing about sparing Wrex is that you just need a lot of paragon or renegade points for it. So if you're not actively trying to maintain one over the other you might not have enough to do it by Virmire.

I've never been entirely clear as to why a renegade Shepard would spare Wrex. I mean I appreciate that it gives you the choice, but it's always seemed like a weird characterisation. I've certainly never imagined that any of my renegade Sheps would want to spare him under those circumstances.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Moola posted:

i'm sexually attracted to the geth

gethually attracted

Would you choose... synthesis?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SyntheticPolygon posted:

If you do Wrex's loyalty quest you don't need a single point in charm or intimidate

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:
As long as they keep with the quality of these facial animations!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lobus posted:

Please tell me this animation is slowed down.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

If you do Wrex's loyalty quest you don't need a single point in charm or intimidate

There's loyalty quests in ME 1??

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SyntheticPolygon posted:

There's loyalty quests in ME 1??

Eh not specifically because they didn't call them that. Like "loyalty" wasn't codified as an actual mechanic in ME1 but most of the characters had some question related to them that could affect your relationship. There was some quest or something other that you can do that basically yields the "get out of murder free card" for Wrex.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Lobus posted:

This is the same problem that the new Ratchet & Clank had. No blinking, very slight facial animation, it was very off-putting

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Chomp8645 posted:

Please tell me this animation is slowed down.
Pretty sure it is.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Monolith. posted:

This is the same problem that the new Ratchet & Clank had. No blinking, very slight facial animation, it was very off-putting

Not only that, her eyes don't even move. Performing a complex maneuver like that, you'd expect the eyes to flick to the gun, their hands, their opponent's face (to gauge reaction), something. This isn't even getting into things like saccades, the tiny eye movements people are generally unconscious of, but instinctively look for in other people.

It's why her eyes look so "dead"

EDIT: They don't even seem to track a fixed point in space. Her eyes just seem to be locked into her skull, following whichever way her head moves :psyduck:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Which is weird, because Mass Effect eye tracking in the other games is usually pretty good. Even if the areas around the eyes don't usually emote, the eyes at least swivel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

Eh not specifically because they didn't call them that. Like "loyalty" wasn't codified as an actual mechanic in ME1 but most of the characters had some question related to them that could affect your relationship. There was some quest or something other that you can do that basically yields the "get out of murder free card" for Wrex.

Oh yeah. I guess I just never gathered that those quests had an affect on the main story.